[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should visible sage be returned?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: sage.png (474 KB, 625x561) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
474 KB, 625x561
http://strawpoll.me/5926674
>>
That's the point of sage. Just add an error-like message everytime someone uses it to remind them that it's not a downvote. Either that or make it a tickable option in the post interface that says "do not bump" since sage isn't well understood outside of Japan.
>>
>>326180
>tickable option
The "options" field is there for a reason
>>
>>326182
Except the only option these days is sage. Having an input field made sense when there were more options.
>>
>>326185
nonoko is a thing, and certain boards (/tg/, /s4s/) have additional options

>sage isn't well understood outside of Japan
Also, this is dumb. There's nothing to "understand" about sage. It's a post that doesn't bump the thread, nothing less and nothing more.
The only problem with visible sage was when certain retards would make a post that's literally nothing more than "lol saged" and sage in the email field. But that was never really an overwhelming problem... by remove visible sage altogether we lost more than we gained.
>>
>>326195
we didn't lost anything by removing visible sage
>>
>>326195
>nonoko is a thing
Neither it or noko have been a thing in years.
>>
>>326199
It was a basic indicator to OPs that their thread is shit, and a good reminder to newfags that saging an option and that they don't have to bump the blatant bait. I doubt even half of the newfags on the shittier boards even know that sage exists.

>>326203
The fuck are you talking about? nonoko is still a thing.
>>
visible sage is shitposting and makes OP feel bad because someone is saging their thread. the site is better without visible sage.
>>
>>326210
I think 4chanX broke nonoko, which is why people think it's dead as a function. It works fine using the native extension.
Unless if I'm retarded and there's an option to enable nonoko in 4chanX.
>>
>>326210
>It was a basic indicator to OPs that their thread is shit
i.e. a downvote option. Nope, that's not it's purpose.
>>
>>326220
It's not a downvote if it literally does nothing
>>
>>326210
>>326217
Just tested it. It does work on vanilla 4chan with the native extension enabled or disabled. If it's enabled, it doesn't work from the quick reply box.
>>
>>326230
>it doesn't work from the quick reply box.
did you really think it would? wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using quick reply anyway?
>>
>>326185
It's called lurking more you stupid fucking cum-gargling faggot.

If you can't do that you don't deserve to post here.
>>
>>326249
>>>/b/
>using the newfag meme when you're probably far newer than me
The only oldfags are from pre-2005, you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>326248
I don't see why it shouldn't. It already auto-updates the thread to load your reply (though it often fails) even if you have the option disabled in the settings.
>>
>>326256
Dude, projecting this hard just makes you look completely insecure.
>>
>>326216
>visible sage is shitposting and makes OP feel bad because someone is saging their thread. the site is better without visible sage.
OP's an idiot then. That's not how sage is supposed to work. Newfigs in /b/ and elsewhere used it stupidly. Well, those in /jp/ would know what it means, at least, if they were to get it back.
>>
>>326174
yes
>>
>>326210
I stopped using sage when it was made invisible. Now I just bump all threads indiscriminately.
>>
File: 1403957384.jpg (101 KB, 853x631) Image search: [Google]
1403957384.jpg
101 KB, 853x631
>>326174
Yes
>>
>>326182
Krautchan has tickable sage. It works quite nicely.
>>
>>326341
That would explain a lot of /v/ spamming
>>
It go made hidden because SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS shitposting
>>
>>326395
They could just filter sage from fields where it's not meant to be used on.
>>
>>326377
I exclusively shitpost in /jp/ and /a/.
>>
>>326174
I'd love to have sage visible again, as long as nonokosage can make it hidden for the times you don't want retards to derail threads.

I think people using sage as a downvote should be banned publicly, if there's going to be derail, it might as well have consequences.
>>
There is no purpose to visible sage except shitposting.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 152x56) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 152x56
>>327202
People will start using it more and shit threads will 404 faster.
>>
>>326210
>>326220
>>It was a basic indicator to OPs that their thread is shit
>i.e. a downvote option. Nope, that's not it's purpose.

It needs to be its purpose going forward. as an example, I'm so sick of seeing THE SAME DAMN THREADS over and over, every day, day after day on /pol/
>The ultimate redpill: the childless life
>How can white men even compete?
>Has Trump finally been stumped?
>We wuz kings n shit
>Look at these effeminate Swedish boys. LOOK at them!
>Friday fat shaming thread
>The Jews did this, didn't they
>How do you explain this, atheists?
>>he hasn't taken the ultimate redpill

People need to be able to tell the OP that his thread is shit while making it clear that they are not bumping the thread, out of respect for the more legitimate threads on the board.
>>
Anybody who doesn't believe in cointel pro needs to go on /pol/ in the mornings. The threads mentioned in >>327283 that seem to be up all the time aren't multi-day threads. They get re-made every morning.
>>
The only people who want visible sage to be back are the retards who used it as a downvote, which is why it was made invisible in the first place
>>
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.