[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiro has shown himself as a force of change for the betterment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 9
File: Hiroyuki Nishimura 001.png (70 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
Hiroyuki Nishimura 001.png
70 KB, 407x405
Hiro has shown himself as a force of change for the betterment of 4chan. He listens and discusses all issues presented to him and is not afraid of experimenting.

What other issues are left? I know of the following:

- Quests thread on /tg/ saturating the board (A forum games board has been suggested and Hiro said he will consider it)
- /aco/ getting vanilla and /d/ content forced in the same place
- /mlp/ asking to be made nsfw
- Furries requesting a /fur/

Let's try to point out issues that are not "I don't like this" but "this is getting in the way of enjoying of the topic"
>>
I care less about the issues plaguing the site, and more about whatever fun and random things Hiro will do purely because he can. I like that he's basically treating the place like HIS site and isn't treating 4chan like some sort of super professional place.
>>
>>322295
captcha
>>
[s4s] wants to be unlisted
>>>/s4s/3880720
>>
>What other issues are left?
An endless barrage of retarded suggestions made by newfags redditors here on /qa/.
>>
SFW loli should be allowed while NSFW should be allowed on /e/, /h/, and /u/ (and no, it's not illegal under US law).

Get rid of normalfags.

Reinstate and reenforce the lurk moar motto.
>>
Visible sage for /jp/.
>>
>>322331
Visible sage for all boards, really. Right now it's my only real problem with the website.
>>
Besides what's in the OP, we still have a need for a loli board. Or a strong desire for one, anyways.
>>
TEXTBOARDS
>>
>>322321
>conspiracy fags
Yeah, that's an issue. But there's a problem with that. /x/ doesn't have the creepypasta userbase anymore, and their vague as fuck rules for paranormal content led to have all kinds of users. It's possibly one of the most varied boards not-counting trolls.

This creates a problem where everyone believes their own delirium but finds the other's madness silly. Conspiracyfags are just the tip of the iceberg

It's a rather hard thing to solve. What do we do with /x/? Get rid of like 70% of the userbase and force creepypasta culture back in? Make a draconian list of what topics are allowed? Create a new board for magic, conspiracies, occult, etc? I wonder how hiro can tackle.

>/cel/

I can see Hiro being ok with this given Japan's idol culture. But it could get problematic. And I don't think there's enough people to sustain a celebrity worship board.

>I know adding EVEN MORE boards is doubtful
That's not all that solving issues entails, but why do you think so?
>>
>>322331
>>322334
I'd say only /jp/. Every other board would use it as a downvote.

Also i miss Mr. Haven
>>
>>322406
Then ban who ever uses it as a downvote. And /a/ won't do that shit either.
>>
>>322396
Include internet celebrities and you've got a large enough base.

>>322406
Why single out /jp/?

>>322295
Isn't the quest complaint the former instead of the later? Every time I've ever seen it come to hard numbers quests have had a paltry number of threads on /tg/.
>>
>>322416
>Then ban who ever uses it as a downvote.
A single bad thread on /v/ would get more than 100 sages. that would work the mods to death, and be a waste of time.

>And /a/ won't do that shit either.
/a/ was second only to /b/ when it came to sage goes in all fields
>>
>>322438
The "X threads composing Y group" statistic is a very useless tool on hobby boards because it doesn't take activity and postless threads into account. By page 10 a good chunk of threads barely has any replies. Quests are some of /tg/'s most active threads.

Back in 2013 quests basically took over the /tg/ front page. fa/tg/uys took it like champs, but their complaints got ignored.

Quests have calmed down now, but they are still active enough to be a constant presence on the front page. If you ask me, they already need their own board. You group them with risk and roll threads and you'd get quite a lot of activity.
>>
>Furries requesting a /fur/

They should go back to /z/
>>
>>322440
>A single bad thread on /v/ would get more than 100 sages. that would work the mods to death, and be a waste of time.
Then nuke the thread instead if that's the case.
>/a/ was second only to /b/ when it came to sage goes in all fields
Neo-/a/ is not the original /a/.
>>
>>322475
You suggest making the division on basis of board culture? Maybe, but board culture changes all the time.

But I guess

>I have feels for /x/'s predicament
I was on /x/ since 2008. I saw it die and become this.

Fucking Eris.
>>
>>322493
I guess you'd lose nothing by trying. but to be honest I don't see it lasting a week, not even on /jp/
>>
>>322295
>(A forum games board has been suggested and Hiro said he will consider it)

Not just that they need to include roleplaying so that roleplayers can gtfo out of /x/
>>
>>322465
Well it's good we're past the incorrect statements of 'quests compose 50% of /tg/' that usually starts off those discussions. I'm not concerned with the front page when we have the catalog, which nixes the activity argument as well. Even if given credence it puts it into the "I don't like this" category when 95% of quests are filterable.

Risk and roll threads get done because people want to play with people from their board, pushing them to another board would kill them as effectively as most of the anime quests getting pushed onto /tg/. Quests themselves would also be hurt since they rely largely on incidental players with a rather small core 'quester' userbase.

So it's likely harmful for the content of the new board and not harmful to the old board. Like I said, sounds like "I don't like this".
>>
File: 1441154544350.png (220 KB, 349x346) Image search: [Google]
1441154544350.png
220 KB, 349x346
>>322396
>And I don't think there's enough people to sustain a celebrity worship board.

You'd be surprised
>>
File: 1444895941823.gif (1 MB, 261x199) Image search: [Google]
1444895941823.gif
1 MB, 261x199
>>322321
>Also, a celebrity containment board for /tv/.

FUCKING THIS. This shit was and still is out of hand on /mu/ as well.
>>
adding /fur/ would be like the kkk recruiting black people. It just doesn't belong here.
>>
>>322576

meanwhile we have a pony board
>>
>>322576
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2828425/The-Ku-Klux-Klan-opens-door-Jews-black-people-homosexuals-new-recruits-wear-white-robes-hats.html
>>
>>322526
>I'm not concerned with the front page when we have the catalog, which nixes the activity argument as well

The catalog is a rather difficult tool to use. OP posts are smaller (have less space) and are more confusing to read, you don't know what page threads are in and text flies everywhere, not to mention it doesn't let you see recent posts and other data. The great majority of the site just browses the front page.

>Risk and roll threads get done because people want to play with people from their board

Maybe for /b/ roll threads. But while they are popular on /int/ risk threads are more self-contained. We could even include 4chan game servers and stuff like 4cup

>as effectively as most of the anime quests getting pushed onto /tg/

This is also a point. All of the quests threads of all boards getting put in the same place.

>So it's likely harmful for the content of the new board and not harmful to the old board

It is harmful to the board. /tg/'s exists to discuss tabletop games and their franchises - Things like image dumps (waifus, etc.) and forums games are secondary. If a forum game starts to get in the way of discussion then you have a problem - that's what is irking /tg/. Otherwise people wouldn't bait an eye, hell quests are basically /tg/'s "thing", why do you think they were all moved there? Fatguys practically invented quest threads back in the Rubyquest days. This doesn't mean there isn't a predicament.
>>
>>322295
Don't give furries a fucking bone.
/mlp/ was only made because the entire site was annoyed by their avatarfags. We don't need to give furfags squat.
>>
>>322557
Yeah, we could move the kpop thread somewhere else.
>>
>>322620
That is up to Hiro. We are merely discussing things that are mentioned frequently.

Furries are technically allowed because they appropriated everything anthropomorphic, meaning /co/, /tg/ and /v/ are their homeboards.
>>
>>322604
>mfw no es fake
>>
>>322295
make /tv/ nsfw and get new janitors there. Also allow waifu threads and permaban the GOT redditors.
>>
>>322647
>Let's try to point out issues that are not "I don't like this" but "this is getting in the way of enjoying of the topic"
>>
>>322614
>If a forum game starts to get in the way of discussion then you have a problem
I'd agree. I've never seen that to be the case. And it's never been shown to be irking /tg/. Only a few have ever seemed to take issue with it.

>The great majority of the site just browses the front page.
Show me your data. I'd say the vast majority uses the catalog, but I also don't have that information.

>But while they are popular on /int/ risk threads are more self-contained
Yes, they are. Self contained by the users of the board. Who likely wouldn't go to another board to play them.

>This is also a point. All of the quests threads of all boards getting put in the same place.
Correct. It's a point against it. As I mentioned in the reply.

>We could even include 4chan game servers and stuff like 4cup
Ah, that's another good point. You'd be killing the board game servers as they become hard to discover.

>This doesn't mean there isn't a predicament.
It's never been shown to be a predicament.
>>
>>322675
>I've never seen that to be the case.
When you start to have problems seeing directly on-topic threads then you certainly have a problem

>Show me your data. I'd say the vast majority uses the catalog, but I also don't have that information.

True. Maybe we can ask Hiro to make a poll?

>Yes, they are. Self contained by the users of the board. Who likely wouldn't go to another board to play them.

No, self-contained because the majority of the players formed a community outside 4chan around the game. They made almost all modern Risk maps and regularly host and play games on /int/. Kinda like how Jeopardy's viewers are people who played Jeopardy

>You'd be killing the board game servers as they become hard to discover.

Not really, /vg/ is a place for game discussion and maybe playing that game. Everyone's favorite soccer event (lol spam filter) is not discussion about the game, it's actually forum game that uses the game as it's platform. We could argue 4craft belongs to /tv/ however, but they have always saw themselves as representing all boards, including /vg/, and a forum games board would be a more neutral ground (is 4craft still alive?)

>It's never been shown to be a predicament.
>And it's never been shown to be irking /tg/.

Because /tg/ hardly flips their shit over anything, but complaints have been heard for years now. It's just that the fatguys are too polite. They will not start spamming threads he doesn't like (well. not always), but it doesn't mean they like them.

It was fun seeing them making /q/ threads politely requesting help while everyone else was shouting WAAAAAH WHY AREN'T YOU DELETING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
>>
File: IMG_3531.jpg (250 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3531.jpg
250 KB, 1024x768
>>322621
Don't forget western pop waifufagging
>>
>>322738
It's like when you post girls with really big tits on /h/, and /h/ goes "no man those tits are so big it's fetish work, take it to /d/" and /d/ is all like "that's just vanilla with a really busty girl, start a buxom thread on /h/".

Shit sucks.
>>
File: Red Pills and Red Pills.png (195 KB, 1123x800) Image search: [Google]
Red Pills and Red Pills.png
195 KB, 1123x800
>>322738
>that pic

kek. If there's one good thing all this drama has created it's the hilarious parodies

>>322757
who's that qt
>>
>>322654
my point stands
>>
>>322740
>When you start to have problems seeing directly on-topic threads then you certainly have a problem
>filter
>catalog
Even if you were having issues seeing other on topic threads, it's not a problem with either of two easy solutions.

>True. Maybe we can ask Hiro to make a poll?
A poll would be pretty crappy. Unique IP with a simple counter inserted into the code would take about 15 minutes to make and give accurate information. Though I don't really know how it'd handle extensions that do things a bit differently.

I vaguely remember someone somewhere saying moot mentioned which one the majority of users use at some point, so they might already have access to that information.

>Risk
Ah, so /int/ is in a different situation than most risks I've seen. It'd probably survive on it's own board. Same with 4ccg, it's popular enough that it doesn't really matter where it goes. When it's live they tend to have threads on a dozen boards anyway.

>complaints have been heard for years now.
There have also been complaints about generals on /co/ for years. That does not give them credence.

-

Let me go ahead and rephrase some of my statements. Creating /fg/ would not cause the population of board games to go to it. It would likely kill the majority of the board-centric forum games and game servers. Just like forcing anime quests onto /tg/ did not cause the population of anime quests to go to /tg/. They didn't go and most of the anime quests died.

There would, probably be a few board games on /fg/. They wouldn't be transplants. The average /tv/ user that might join in on a game if he sees it will not actively go to another board to search out a game. So it would be actively killing threads on the other boards.

An average /mlp/ user that sees a mlpcraft server and decides to play on it won't actively search out a minecraft server on another board.

This idea does not to move or redirect threads, but kills them. This idea is inherently different from /vg/.
>>
>>322815
To put it simply, insular groups would survive a move and then start bleeding off users if they don't have another way of gaining them while incidental groups (most board games and quests) will die off pretty quick.

I don't see a way for the board to have a sustained amount of users.
>>
>>322815
>>322832
> on topic threads
Board games are tertiary threads dude. They are allowed because channers enjoy them.

> It would likely kill the majority of the board-centric forum games and game servers.

Let's not exaggerate, there aren't that many board games.

Solving a group's problem by harming board's ability to discuss their topic is simply a no-go. Quest threads were moved because they were becoming too present in their homeboards, except the mods forgot they would also become too present on /tg/.

>There have also been complaints about generals on /co/ for years.

General hate is a universal problem, people forget generals are a solution to the problem of board clogging. moving topics somewhere else is not a real solution. It's the same deal with the kpop general. A celebrity worship threads moved to /mu/ because it's the closest related topic and they can't get rid of them.

>This idea does not to move or redirect threads, but kills them.

Well, tell me, what's more important? A board's purpose or a tertiary type thread?

I'd also like to throw a counterpoint: Quest threads are essentially interactive webcomics. As you know, webcomics generate a fanbase. Interest in quests as a medium is a plausible thing.

>>322832
We won't know until we try.
>>
desu it may be easier to just allow any board to accommodate quest threads as long as the quest's theme is related to the board's topic

i.e put Dwarf Quest on /tg/, Metroid Quest on /v/, Pooping Indian Quest on /pol/, etc (not actual quest names; I'm speaking hypothetical)
>>
>>322295
Let me answer these

>Better contain them in their generals, if they're just shitty ERP threads, report them

>/aco/ learns to deal with western /d/ shit.

>/mlp/ should be happy they have their containment board in the first place and they don't need to shit up with their bestiality fetish.

>Fuck no. Those faggots have /b/.
>>
>>322981
>Let's not exaggerate, there aren't that many board games.
Didn't say there were many, only that it'd kill them.

>Solving a group's problem by harming board's ability to discuss their topic is simply a no-go.
I agree. Now show that it's happened somewhere.

>Well, tell me, what's more important? A board's purpose or a tertiary type thread?
Both. If a board enjoys a tertiary type thread that doesn't harm the board it is fine, and beneficial, to leave it as is.

>Interest in quests as a medium is a plausible thing.
It's possible. But unfounded. Quests don't generate players on their own, they generate players based upon their interests. Which is, again, why anime died on /tg/.

>We won't know until we try.
That's a bit backwards there. There has to be a valid reason to try first.
>>
>>322295
As someone who runs quests on /tg/, I'm in favor of making a board for it. It needs a place to go, and while it's basically a tabletop game session in many instances (just with lots of players), it's taking over the board in some ways. I enjoy my quests, but I also don't want them to seize total control of the board I enjoy most. If they're a popular enough thing to be slowly devouring /tg/ and irritating some people with how numerous they can be, maybe an offshoot is necessary for the sake of the board? I mean, we have /v/ and /vg/, right? And even /vp/. Subdivision is how we deal with trends that get out of hand in terms of scale.
>>
>>322295
>I don't use /tg/ so I don't care about this one. However, we don't need any more boards, fuck off with those requests

>We shouldn't even have /aco/, they should just learn to deal with the fact /d/ doesn't want shitty western crap

>No. They should be contempt with even having their containment boards, not even the furrys got that. Rather, how about we just delete /mlp/ instead

>The furrys got banished and can stay banished
>>
>>322295

What >>321237 >>317497 said.
>>
We still need IDs on all boards.
>>
>>323898
Not if everyone has them. It's called accountability, cunt.
>>
We need a new board for Undertale discussion. It can be called /u/. I'm not sure if that's taken, but if it is, it's probably something unimportant, so just replace it.
>>
>>323932
A shitty thing that this site could do without.
>>
>>323190
Quests cannot be contained in generals. Every single quest needs a thread to run.

/aco/'s userbase never asked for /d/. It was forced on them.

The rest are up to hiro, but yeah, they aren't really warranted. Just requested on whim.
>>
>>324234
Ideally, quests would work best if moved, community and all, to another site altogether, with multiple slower boards so that writefags could update at their leisure.
Realistically it's an infeasible proposition, though.
>>
>>324246
Tgchan does exist
>>
>>323932
Do they tell you anything but that 1 person made multiple posts? No? Then stop whining about them being on a couple of troll-heavy boards that have use for them.
>>
>>324339
Tripcodes are voluntary and are both thread and board independent.
>>
>>324339
Tripcodes aren't Satan and when a board has ids, it's for reasons.
>>
>>324378
Nor do we need to. The reasons for the boards that have them having them outweigh the posters who have them just for people to know who they're fighting with.
>>
>>324378
>Tripcodes are voluntary and are both thread and board independent.

That's how. It's very straight forward.
>>
>>324424
>Having an ID is still exactly like having a tripcode for that specific thread.
You asked what the difference is, and that's the difference. Which is what makes it different from a tripcode. You're approaching understanding.

>None of that changes the fact that an ID is defacto tripfaggotry.
Except it does. For the reason you stated without refuting yourself. You might want to clear up your doublethink.
>>
>>324416
So is samefagging.
>>
>>324437
>By your logic (saying two things are different) that means these two things are the same
I'm sorry, that doesn't follow.
>>
>>324424
>>324437
Who the fuck cares if it's "tripfaggotry"? That's an outdated way of thinking and if you still care about that you need to grow the fuck up.

I'd be fine with randomized names too. Go full Cartoon Orbit style.
>>
>>324437
Well. If that was the logic there sure. But it's not. Names are also not the same thing as IDs.
>>
>>324445
>>324437
Hey, that's an accurate comparison. Thread-specific randomized names would function the same as IDs. Which is different from tripfagging.
>>
>>324445
Not even that guy, but your way of thinking is the complete opposite of what made 4chan good until now.
>>
>>324452
>These things are the same thing because I say they are!
Alright friend, you believe that.
>>
>>324450
If you don't like it, you're free to leave. But I'm not going anywhere.
>>
>>324457
I have. Trips are not thread specific and voluntary. Those are the differences. Your response so far has been "That doesn't matter!" instead of saying how those functions are replicated by IDs.
>>
>Request something non-porn-related on board

>THIS ISN'T /R/, FAGGOT!!! OMFG!!!

>Request on /r/

>Posters sit there with their thumbs up their asses, literally, while only responding to porn requests.
>>
>>324476
>>321237
we're trying to get /wsr/ created
>>
>>324478
>I'm not saying the differences don't matter, I'm saying the differences are irrelevant.
Congratulations on rephrasing what I said. I agree that they're a unique identifier. But because they're thread-specific they don't have the same function as trips, which are site-wide. Temporary, limited, involuntary vs permanent, unlimited, and voluntary.

There's a difference. It's been explained. Pursuing this futile line of argument just reflects poorly on the anti-ID side as a whole. Which actually does have good supporting arguments.
>>
>>324483
So, how does it work? We wait for Hiro passing by, we send it to him, Hiro occasionally makes a thread here, or?
>>
>>324476
See
>>323871
>>
>>322406
>use it as a downvote.
newfig desu senpai, was it ever used as something else
>>
>>324500
You're free to believe that as much as you like friend. As I said before "You're wrong" isn't enough support. You keep claiming that two things with similar elements are the same when they have inherent differences. And your evidence is listing the similarities instead of equating the differences.

>You're trying to tell me there is no difference between anonymous and pseudonymous posting
I never said that.

> you tell me posting anonymously has nothing to do with having a unique identifier.
I never said that.

>you're wrong that having a voluntary tripcode is not exactly the same kind of unique identifier
While it is a unique identifier, it's not the same kind of unique identifier. Go back to >>324490 to see why.

At this point you're having an argument with a ghost it seems.
>>
>>323981
*a fun thing this site should always have
>>
>>324490
go back to reddit kid
>>
>>324339
Thread-wide IDs

Don't let them trick you. Anything else is tantamount to tripfaggotry.
>>
>>324339
The only things IDs do is prevent samefagging

Tripfags can still samefag.
>>
Should an hypothetical forum games board have ID? Samefaggin/accusations of samefagging can ruin a Quest thread.
>>
>>324631
I've seen more issues crop up with people getting mad at what they think is the same guy across different decisions more than samefagging the same decision. I think it'd do more harm than good.
>>
>>324631
Honestly I have no opinion on this matter, I just want to say I really want to see the quest threads removed from /tg/. It's almost impossible to find an actual discussion at times, and the sup/tg/ archive is just absolutely disgustingly flooded.

But uh for what it's worth it sounds like a good idea on paper.
>>
>>324498
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>322295
Im not a ponyfag but the reason why /mlp/ will never go red is because PORN LITERALY EVERYWHERE! that is why moot has said no multiple times. /pol/ will not be deleted because politics is a comon discusion and the way /pol/ is now removing it will cause rage, /v/ will not go because of the same reason, moot has said no multiple times to a history board because most of it is political discusion witch belongs on /pol/, /leftypol/ will not happen because, and I wouldn't usualy say this, is because shillchan, in the case its not shillchan /pol/ was named "politicaly incorect" is because of /new/ and is used as a joke because of what /pol/ had become and the title should not be taken seriously.
>>
>>322647
The problem would be the same with /mlp/. PORN EVERYWHERE!
>>
>>324483
/wsr/ would be good, nobody bothers with /r/ anymore because its mostly porn requests and nobody bareky replies. I remember I think around 06 there was shoop battles.
>>
>>322396
Creepypasta has gone mainstream, that is why they are rare and shity now, along with anything that goes mainstream.

On tripfaggotry, I do not get why peopke whine about people using tripcodes, when you see someone using a tripcode THAT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE, your acused of tripfaggotry. Tripfags should be called out as tripfags if you see them CONSTANTLY posting in various threads.
>>
>>322396
We have too many boards as it is, soc should be rolled back into b. We need to consolidate.
>>
>>324960
>and shity now
Dude if you are from the old /x/, you'd know most of our creepypasta sucked. What mattered was the environment we created and that we kept making them and improving. That's gone.

> I do not get why peopke whine about people using tripcodes
They are retarded. I don't agree with the idea that tripfags should only appear when needed.

I believe 4chan is meant to teach people to actually ignore the identity of the other users, not force them to. People should learn to judge tripfags only for what they say.

>>324994
/soc/ was to get rate threads out of /b/ when they were saturating the board. It worked, unlike redirecting porn to /s/ sadly.

And 4chan is not 4*2chan. Hiro is making boards he thinks would work, not on whim.

>>324943
It's not even about porn, people simply don't fulfill requests.

/r/ is not a community and people will not help for any reason. However other boards purposely ignore this so they can be elitist
>>
Change global rule 3 so anthro isn't bannable if it's actually relevant to the thread its in, or the board. This shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.
>>
>>325056
It's not an issue.

Only times on-topic furry is deleted is when they are making the thread as an excuse to dump smut. Same thing with waifu threads
>>
>>325088
>Only times on-topic furry is deleted
This should never happen. Especially not because somebody else decided to post porn in your thread without asking.
>>
>>325056
>allowing the furrys back
No
>>
>>325106
We don't need people who are triggered by on-topic shit. The off-topic furry rule can stay.
>>
>>322396
> I don't think there's enough people to sustain a celebrity worship board.

If it's a celebs/idiols/k-pop stars it can sustain itself more than most boards. Anyway, if it doesn't work it gets deleted, there is no problem.
>>
>>325024
>Hiro is making boards he thinks would work, not on whim.

Pretty much.
>>
>>325120
They could sustain the boards, but we shouldn't add them anyway. There's no need for a celeb board, if you want that you could go to any other website and you'd be able to get discussion on it. It'd also only attract a shitty crowd to post on 4chan
>>
>>325094
Threads breaking the rules shouldn't be deleted? Never heard of hidden smut dumps?

>>325120
True.

>>325238
There's no need for you.
>>
>>325244
On-topic anthro characters shouldn't be against the rules in the first damn place. If someone else posts smut its not my fault. The rules should exist so people can talk about the on-topic stuff they want to. The rules don't exist just so you can 404 somebodys thread by posting porn.
>>
>>325244
And there's no need for you. If you want to discuss your retarded celebs, go back to fucking facebook
>>
>>325253
On-topic furry discussion is against the rules, because they grew and became a massive problem. As such, they were removed. There's no need to allow them to return, and since there, dozens of places have shown up on the internet to allow discussion for them
>>
>>325262
Hiro, don't listen to this idiot.
>>
>>325267
The mods would set him straight, don't worry. We have a storied history of fur-hate and that's not going to change.
>>
>>325763
The issue isn't relevant to the furry fandom. It's having to walk on eggshells to talk about anthropomorphic characters that are relevant to the board.
>>
>>324234
>/aco/'s userbase never asked for /d/. It was forced on them.
I didn't realize /aco/'s userbase was already so quickly and firmly established that within a day or so directing the western /d/ shit to /aco/ where it belongs meant that it was "forced on them".
>>
>If something was a problem years ago, it must be one now

Just ban over the smut and sexy posts and on topic furry should go decently now.

If people are still massively reporting, fervently banning over or going off about on-topic pony posts in 2020, something is seriously wrong.

People who are that triggered over petty shit are at least as bad as the cancer that got things banned.
>>
>>325791
There is no reason to add a /fur/. Since they were banished, they have went and made shit tons of sites for themselves and already have communities. Any furry on 4chan, chances are, are already using a different site for their filthy furry shit. Creating a board will just simply encourage furry shitposting and said board will also get shitposted to hell and back for a long time, simply because furryhate is still a active thing
>>
>>325791
>Just ban over the smut and sexy posts and on topic furry should go decently now.
You realize that is the problem we have now. If someone post SFW pinup art of Minnie Mouse in a Mickey Mouse thread, it will get deleted but you can make a thread about full of fanart pics on the same level of lewdness as the Micky Mouse pic and nothing will be done about it. Just change the rule back to no furry porn and not some vague "no furry" rule that could easily mean any fanart of anthro characters.
>>
>>325819
>>325764
This, there probably won't be a need for /fur/ at all if they simply ease off GR 3 a little bit. Just because I posted a picture of Falco fanart that happens to be prettier than the ingame-model one doesn't mean I'm calling fursuiters out of the woodwork to discuss their size fetishes.
>>
>>325254
Jesus, you deluded idiots can't really understand that posting this shit dosen't change anything, can you?
People who want to talk and post about celbes are here, will stay here, and many of them have been here for much more time than you.
Posting that shit can only make them laugh or annoy them.
You mongoloids seriously believe that "got to X" is a sort of magical spell that can change what people want and say, but you are just being ludicrous and annoying, nothing more.
>>
>>325865
>Jesus, you deluded idiots can't really understand that posting this shit dosen't change anything, can you?
It actually does, anon. Bunny Moot is actually lurking and reading a lot of these threads, so, it actually does serve a purpose if this is one of those threads he opens
>>
>quest threads saturating the board!

This shit again? When there are barely more than a dozen on a 160 thread board? Fuck off.
>>
>>322614
>It is harmful to the board. /tg/'s exists to discuss tabletop games and their franchises - Things like image dumps (waifus, etc.) and forums games are secondary. If a forum game starts to get in the way of discussion then you have a problem - that's what is irking /tg/. Otherwise people wouldn't bait an eye, hell quests are basically /tg/'s "thing", why do you think they were all moved there? Fatguys practically invented quest threads back in the Rubyquest days. This doesn't mean there isn't a predicament.

I got bad news for you, friend. /tg/ is made primarily of secondaries like imagedumps and setting discussion. By the way, setting discussion would be pushed as fiction.

You think everyone plays D&D and warhammer there? Try visiting it before you make assumptions about it.
>>
>>324246
There are several, except, I don't want to play with those dorks. I want to play with a people already vetted in fantasy setting slike /tg/.
>>
>>322326
Or just make a fucking lolikon board

Make a straight shota one too while we're at it
>>
>>322295
>/fg/ - Forum Games is seriously being considered.

I think I was the first guy to suggest that in the thread and didn't think he would seriously consider it. The idea is pretty bad and I'll explain why.

Most of the people wanting /fq/ are Risk players. Most Risk players don't realize this, but most of their content are made by a skype group called The Circle, which has been known to consist of players from /pol/ and /mlp/. Once upon a time, there was another skype group that The Circle replaced. They were called RC, and it was a cult that led by a trap called Madotuski. They charged for a large push for a /risk/ board on the site, but /q/ never got anything accomplished so it failed and thank god for it because she was insane.

/fg/ would be dominated by Skype circlejerks who would have unquestionable influence on it, and it's not just Risk players, but the countless Quest writers, Hunger Games people, and Paraliment people themselves have circlejerks of their own (yes, even Hunger Games).

There is an legit argument though, as moving all the games and roll threads into a containment board without GR15 enforced would improve quality on multiple boards, but at the cost of /fg/ being ran by Skype circlejerks.
>>
>>325940
http://4chandata.org/q/A-board-for--b--Risk-a378403
old /q/ proposal

this is the RC one.
>>
>>325940
>Skype circlejerks.

A small group of people can easily be banned, you know.
>>
>>325953
That's the irony, as I can tell you that Risk and GoB alone really depend on these groups. They are generals without a specific home board and they are known across multiple boards. Banning people affiliated with these groups also mean banning a lot of reputable game masters that a lot actually like.

It will be Valhalla for trip and namefags, no matter what.
>>
>>325958
>>325953
>>325945
>>325940
/fg/ proposal thread >>325971
>>
>>322295
/pol/ has been /b/ 2.0 since moot fucked with it. We need to remove the current flag system (to remove /int/ based shitposting) and stricter moderation. There's never even threads up discussing the merits of different ideologies anymore. It's 90% shitposting and is outright unbrowseable to anyone who cares about politics.

Note to Hiro: if you do do this, expect A LOT of bitching. It will be much the same as when you brought back the robot, newfags complaining about things being made decent again.
>>
>>325937
>>322326
The ignorance on this board!

>>322326
Technically, it is, they just know how it would look to send people to the fudge-packing plant over drawings. What they do, however is shut down sites that don't comply with orders from them to keep it to a minimum.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.png (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.png
25 KB, 400x400
>>325984
>We need to remove the current flag system

>to remove shitposting
>>
>>326093
Are you serious? I don't even visit boards that use flags and it's still obvious that flags are just fodder for "my country and or race is better than yours" shit flinging competitions

you seem to be implying flags reduces shitposting? How on earth do you figure that?
>>
Ban porn from /b/ to return it to its former glory. Post traps on /hm/, post loli on /h/ or /d/
>>
>>326096
Because then they do that without even being from the country they claim, at least as much because they think it's oh-so-clever, and say other shit that plays off of people not knowing where they're from. Why the fuck do you think flags get implemented on a board in the first place?
>>
>>326189
Weren't the flags added by moot as some form of punishment? You're retarded anyway, the only thing flags do is encourages shitposting, it serves no other purpose
>>
>>326209
We had novelty flags before the /pol/ harbor and the /int/ flags
>>
I think he's a good fit because he's actually just as stupid as the average anon and thinks that he can take on all our problems and "fix" them one by one. moot knew what he was doing and made changes slowly over time and it kept the site alive for 12 years, but hiro's style is dangerous and shortsighted.
>>
>>326093
POO IN THE LOO
GREASE PAY DENBTS
8 0 0 0 0 0
DUDE WEED LMAO
WHERE ARE THE PROOFS
AMERICAN """""""""""""EDUCATION"""""""""""""
A FUCKING LEAF
TINY FOAMY BEER
POORTUGAL
POLISH INTELLECTUALS
SWEDEN YES
>>
>>326346
THIS

Remove flags and forced IDs
>>
>>322295
Can we get a containment board for shemales, futa, and sissies?
>>
>>326501
/d/
>>
>>326501
Doesn't the Steam Friends general already cover those topics?
>>
File: youtried.png (60 KB, 456x570) Image search: [Google]
youtried.png
60 KB, 456x570
>>326331
>moot knew what he was doing
>>
>>326189
Who cares?
What someone says either makes sense or it doesn't. What country they are from is irrelevant if you have a brain.

Without flags anyone from any country can speak their mind on any side of an issue and can only be judged by their words alone. That's exactly what most people here love about anonymous communication. Add country flags and you have replaced a large part of the power of their words with country bias.
>>
>>326636
Reminder that he was imitating existing shitty Asuka fanart that looked just like that
>>
I just want quests banned from all boards except for the quest board
/tg/ doesn't stop having quests made outside it, and weirdly enough quests made outside /tg/ tend to be higher quality anyways
>>
>>325940
Well, that's not a problem for us.

We do need all those games out of the site.

Although Hunger Games wouldn't survive living outside /co/
>>
>>326796
/tg/ is not the quest board. it's the traditional aka tabletop & roleplay games board. Forum games are not technically traditional
>>
>>326346
/int/ is extremely proud of being /b/ with flags. It's part of their culture.

Taking flags from /int/ would effectively destroy the board.

though I'd love to see it happen for a week
>>
>>327385
That's exactly the reason why. /tg/ has just become a dumping ground of quests and between them, the generals, and the same old threads there isn't a lot of new stuff
>>
>>327388
How many other boards have the same flag scheme as /int/ though? At least /pol/ and /sp/ do right now. The same /int/ memes bleed into those boards unnecessarily.

It's funny that when there were novelty flags on /pol/ nobody cared about 'Rare flags'.
>>
>>322295
>- Furries requesting a /fur/
NO. Furries don't get anything. Just no. They're a cancer that infects anything they can. DO NOT GIVE THEM THEIR OWN BOARD. THEY WILL TAKE IT AS CONFIRMATION THAT IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT THAT SHIT HERE AND SPREAD IT TO ALL 4 CORNERS OF THE SITE.

Also, for all of the people /r/ing a reappearance of /l/, it's not going to happen. Unless there's a fucking strike team of moderators on there 24/7, you're going to eventually get a reappearance of the reason why /l/ was nuked in the first place.
>>
>>328664
Furries are already allowed to talk about on-topic furry works. In fact, they have always been.
>>
>>322396
>And I don't think there's enough people to sustain a celebrity worship board.

That is where you are wrong. Just take a look at /hr/. It's being raped by celebrityfags nonstop.
>>
>>322634
no /fur/ or all of 4chan will burn to the ground in civil war
>>
>>323887
Fuck you, no.
>>
>>322295
I mean, if you're gonna ban furry on every board but /b/, you might as well give the furfags a board.

I'd support that.
>>
>>328664
maybe we'll get /l/ after they process all the jannie applications.
>>
relevant news posts:
>After much arm-twisting and sitting around doing nothing, /l/ has finally returned. Just to make sure everyone is clear on the rules: /l/ is not a forum for real images (or photoshopped real images). Poster's IPs are logged, so spamming a ton of real kiddy porn is probably not a good thing to try unless you want to get a visit from the men in black (and get your ISP banned). Moderators will use their own discretion in deciding what comes to close to the "real-looking" line.

>/s/ is to have no underage pictures posted. Period. Even if it's an under-18 model, DO NOT POST IT. Why? It invites misinterpretation and the "wrong crowd". Go elsewhere if you want those types of pictures.
>>
Other relevant news posts:
>A lot of people do not take the time to read the rules. I haven't been banning people for the past few months but now that's changing. Break the rules and either get your post deleted or get banned. Think I'm being an asshole? Well if you're on the receiving end, it's your own fault for not taking the five minutes required to familiarize yourself with the rules. I'm usually very lenient when it comes to rule interpretation in the first place.

>Before asking for a board, consider if there is enough support for one. 4chan seems to have hit it's maximum threshold for boards. Users may have noticed the site being slow to very slow recently, this is because the current line is maxed out and the server load is high again. I really need to distribute them over multiple servers, but again, can't afford that. Because of this, any new board I add had better seem "worth it", meaning that they get a decent amount of contribution and traffic. See the next topic for more on that.

>I'm getting to be quite disappointed with the amount of contribution the boards receive. 4chan receives an incredible amount of hits from tons of hosts, spread out among the boards. Unfortunately it seems /h/, the board using the most bandwidth, pales in comparison when comparing the number of posts it gets to those of /b/. The site is becoming a hoard of leeches. I am now considering getting rid of boards such as /f/, /u/, and even /l/. Don't want to see the board you frequent disappear? Contribute, be it replying or especially uploading (this does not mean flood boards with shitty pictures or spam replies). Things had better change, please get the word out.

>People who like to complain or have ideas should especially look at /sug/, because I actually read it and have already changed parts of the site due to input. As stated above, if these boards receive a minuscule amount of traffic, I will not consider hosting them "worth it" and they will be removed.
>>
>Lastly, /b/ while not lacking in contribution is lacking highly in quality. It went from being unique and hilarious to, "Hey guys, let's spam shock-site pictures!!", and is getting pretty "old". I understand that it's as moderated as a stall in a road-stop somewhere in Ogallala, but it would be nice if the content were a little better. Then again, that is only my personal opinion on the matter. Make your parents proud.

>>
>>329831
Celebrity worship posters shouldn't even be allowed, they are fucking retarded
>>
>>322295
/aco/ still enforces global rule 3 for some reason
>>
>>330030
Because furrys are not apart of the 4chan experience
>>
>>329988
>>329991
>2004
>back when moot was underage, depending on someone else hosting his shit and couldn't pay for server bills
>surprised he is against new boards

4chan has all the bandwidth it needs now. And some boards are so fast discussion suffers because of it.
>>
>>326209
>Weren't the flags added by moot as some form of punishment?

Yeah, for the shit I described, genius, which are reasons and most likely ones that outweigh the reasons for not having them on those boards. Another is ability to see when people from other countries are posting on /int/ being a signifigant part of the experience of that board.

>>326346
And we treat that like any other troll shitpost! Why do you think the people who do that wont start doing other troll garbage in it's place if they can't specifically do that?
>>
>>322295
well, contrary to all my expectations ponys and furries got what they wanted... in a way.
>>
>>322295
>Listening to the retards that populate this site
>A good thing
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.