[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we please remove flags and IDs from all boards? /int/ can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14
File: 68t.jpg (75 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
68t.jpg
75 KB, 600x390
Can we please remove flags and IDs from all boards?

/int/ can keep flags, as it is a novelty board made for flags, and if we need a board with IDs we can set up /reddit/ or /forcedtrip/.

But otherwise, remove them. It compromises anonymity and it encourages shitposting and people to ignore the content of the post in favor of looking at the ID/flag instead of the post alone. That is cancerous. For example, /pol/ has become unusable for serious discussion since the introduction of flags and IDs.

If people don't like posts being anonymous, they can go literally anywhere else on the internet. And no, anonymity is not referring to internet privacy here - it is referring to the need for every post to be judged on its content alone.
>>
>>310292
not this shitter again
don't you have enough threads in the catalog?
>>
File: 1397777706456.jpg (31 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1397777706456.jpg
31 KB, 433x419
Lol he's back

Have you recovered from crying and shaking like a little baby because nobody agrees with you about your shitty opinions?
>>
>>310326
I agree with him. IDs are cancer and against the very nature of 4chan. I mean fuck, just look at moot's TED talk. Samefagging is a non-issue, and being able to change the course of discussion without being held accountable for unrelated shit is a good thing. There's literally no real reason for 4chan to have IDs, especially when you can just pop on a trip real quick if you're so autistic that you have to have an identity.
>>
>>310331
It's fucking retarded that's what it is. Do you want to remove IDs from /soc/ as well? How big of a fucking newfag are you?
>>
>>310335
Nobody cares about /soc/.
>>
>>310335
/soc/ is a different animal, as personal identity is actually relevant on /soc/. Even then, /soc/ should force everyone to use a trip instead. Preferably one containg either "cancer" or "faggot."
>>
>>310331
Yep. Everyone else is wrong and you're right. Keep repeating that to yourself buddy.
>>
>>310344
Trips and ids serve the exact same purpose, it makes no sense to change it.
>>
>>310348
It's more the principle, in my opinion. IDs have no place on 4chan whatsoever. Trips should be as far as identification of posters goes. Personally I think /soc/ would be better if there was no namefield or IDs, to hopefully get the cancer to leave for 8gag or somewhere.

Isn't it interesting that the only people who are pro-IDs are bringing up /soc/? I never even remember that shithole board exists. Goes to show how cancerous and vile the pro-ID crowd is.
>>
>>310292
>muh every post judged by its content alone
If people can't make ad hominem attacks based on what they know about you, they just make them based on what they assume or guess about you. You should know this by now.
>>
>>310366
I really want to live in a world where posts have no continuity. Too bad that world doesn't exist and no post is judged on its own. C'est la vie.
>>
>>310292
shut the fuck up, /pol/
its your punishment for being cancerous
>>
>>310358
>Trips should be as far as identification of posters goes
as opposed to ids which last one thread?
>>
>>310367
>no post is judged on its own
It is when there is nothing else to judge it on, such as an anonymous post on 4chan.

>>310389
That settles it. IDs and flags are so bad they are considered a "punishment". Remove them.
>>
Stop posting the same exact thread over and over, faggot.

>"flags and IDs make you not anonymous because I say so!"
>person disagrees, explains what the word "anonymous" means or offers reasoned explanation for why flags and IDs work on certain boards, like /pol/
>"faggot, go back to reddit!!"

And you keep making new threads when your old ones are still active. Why the fuck haven't you been banned yet?
>>
>>310292
>>310331
>>310358
>>310367
>>310435
Thread IDs are used to identify and dismiss samefagging, such as this.
>>
>>310452
I really can't understand why you have trouble believing the consensus opinion is that IDs and flags are cancerous. Or are you just an epic troll? Here's your (You) if so, now please leave.
>>
>>310457

If it really were a "consensus opinion," then thread IDs would show this, and you'd have nothing to hide. Why are you so afraid of thread IDs?

Also, contain your autism to one thread.
>>310292
>>302809
>>308944
>>308991
>>301870
>>308963
>>
File: _84937718_dailydot1.png (249 KB, 851x450) Image search: [Google]
_84937718_dailydot1.png
249 KB, 851x450
>IDs are good
-reddit
>>
>>310492
Given the times when he is active on /qa/, I'm guessing he's from one of the countries that is known for shitposting, or maybe just for shitting (on streets, in threads, everywhere), so it's probably personal for him.
>>
File: 1233973556704.jpg (49 KB, 397x240) Image search: [Google]
1233973556704.jpg
49 KB, 397x240
>>310496
>>
>>310292
>we can set up /reddit/ or /forcedtrip/
We already have /soc/. let them keep id's
>>
>>310524
Forced anon on /soc/ might actually improve it.
>>
I'd prefer forced anon across every board, but I'm willing to settle for getting rid of flags and ID'S
>>
>>310544
That's because you're an idiot.
>>
>>310548
Wrong again, cuck.
>>
>>310558
Very weak comeback. It's a fact that people who post on /pol/ prefer flags and IDs. That you don't understand that is proof that you aren't smart enough to be able to understand it.
>>
>>310331
>I agree with him.
This is why we need ID's.
>>
>>310435
>It is when there is nothing else to judge it on, such as an anonymous post on 4chan.
Good joke my friend. If it isn't you have a sense of optimism that I can't even fathom.
>>
>>310452
Actually, thread ids are used to discourage accusations of samefagging. Like this. According to moot at various points samefagging has never really been a significant problem on any board. But accusations of samefagging were being flung around almost constantly on /pol/ pre-ids. Any argument devolved into arguing over it at some point because people can't let posts stand on their own. It directly lowered the quality of discussion.

And after ids were implemented the quality of discussion dramatically improved. Of course, /pol/ has been on an eternal downhill slide so that bump didn't really help much in the long run.

An example of the problem is shown in the other id thread where a good third of the thread is leveraging previous posts against one another only to the response of "That's not me" and "backtracking now?". As much as the advocates against ids want each post to stand on their own, humans apply their own continuity to posts in a thread when discussing something anyway.
>>
>>310607
moot added IDs and flags to /pol/ to punish them for exposing him as a busboy. This is well known to be factual. Nobody wanted ids and flags because it ruins discussion and compromises anonymity.
>>
>>310573
>It's a fact that people who post on /pol/ prefer flags and IDs
Only because shitposting redditors have chased away everybody that wanted serious and anonymous discussion.
>>
File: _84937718_dailydot2.png (131 KB, 923x542) Image search: [Google]
_84937718_dailydot2.png
131 KB, 923x542
>flags are le epic win tbh fam
-reddit
>>
File: _84937718_dailydot1.png (223 KB, 851x450) Image search: [Google]
_84937718_dailydot1.png
223 KB, 851x450
>smh tbh fam flags dont ruin le Pol
-Reddit
>>
>>310996
>>310997
those are both quality threads
>>
>>310929
>moot added IDs and flags to /pol/ to punish them
Stopped taking you seriously right there.
>>
>>311007
>>311021
>this one anti-anonymity dumbass who can't help proving that flags and ids attract retards
>>
>>310996
>>310997
these both get deleted if you report them
>>
>>311096
You probably think that flags and thread IDs aren't anonymous, don't you? How do you get up in the morning and think that anyone could possibly take you seriously?
>>
>>311102
You don't seriously believe that, do you?
>>
flagshitter on the front page
>>
>>311298
Don't even bother trying to get through to him...... Pro-ID redditors are so arrogant. ......and so very juvenile. .....laughable clowns.
>>
>>311642
How long are you going to keep this up?
>>
>>310493
That is fucking hilarious. The butthurt is real. Also, sage
>>
>>311655
You're talking about your own butthurt, I take it? Also, bump.
>>
>>311671
I'm not the one samefagging a bunch of threads. I think its funny how upset you are. I'm laughing at you right now
>>
>>311682
Suuuure you're not. Sure. *tips reddit-brand fedora*
>>
>>311685
Will you reply again? I know youre too butthurt to resist it
>>
Delete /pol/
>>
>>311688
Wrong thread, asshole. This thread is for advocating the removal of flags and ID's on all boards.
>>
>>310292
Flags are fine.
>/reddit/ or /forcedtrip/.
not even funny. fuck off.
>>
>>310292
Fuck off. /sp/ is better with flags.
>>
take the poo to the loo
>>
>>311752
That's incorrect. Completely pointless and just encourages shitposting.
>>
>>312040
P
L O O
O
>>
File: Cleef.jpg (213 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Cleef.jpg
213 KB, 1920x816
Only remove flags from /pol/. They hamper discussion. Flags are fine and needed on /int/.
>>
remove flags from /pol/
>>
Flags and IDs on any board are a terrible idea - obviously /int/ should keep flags because it is a board built around the flags, but they are unwelcome everywhere else.

The only reason people use 4chan (other than shitposters who add no value) is to be able to discuss ideas and express opinions without having their posts judged by external factors such as their post count, user history, "rep", country of origin, etc. etc. Flags and IDs negate this benefit and make 4chan just another shitty forum full of complete retards measuring their dicks (my country flag is better than yours! My ID color is better than yours!).
>>
remove flags and IDs from /sp/ and /pol/
>>
File: mildlyimpressed.gif (389 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
mildlyimpressed.gif
389 KB, 500x262
well, he said please.
>>
>>310948
this is accurate.
>>
>http://strawpoll.me/5889723
>>
>>310292
go suck off your german masters polack shit
>>
>>317032
>flags + IDs
>discussion
FTFY
>>
File: averagev2004.png (492 KB, 871x3701) Image search: [Google]
averagev2004.png
492 KB, 871x3701
>>310292
Fuck off shiitards.
Your anonymity faggotry ruined this site.

This website was built on a foundation of tripcode users and attention-whoring.
You faggots don't know SHIT about 4chans roots or nature.
This website was NOT created with anonymity in mind, it was created with NO REGISTRATION in mind. Those are two completely different concepts.

Fuck off already. Go die like that faggot shii did.

Alternative, force IDs everywhere and get these nonimus shitkiddies off the site.
They are everything wrong with it.
This site was never about serious, deep meaningful discussion.
When forced anon was trialled, the entire site went to shit in the space of a year.
This site was full raiding on other sites and had regular wars between communities in the early years, but the site was still fine. Forced anon is the only other thing that can account for the complete shitfest of 2006 onwards.

Back in the early days, Anonymous was a green-headed faggot that was a joke.
Nobody took anonymous users seriously.
Half the time they were ignored.
>>
>>319254
>NO REGISTRATION in mind
Yeah, that's what we mean by anonymity. No username to tie your posts to. No ID to tie your posts to. No flags to tie your posts to. Every post judged by its content rather than the "rep" etc. of the poster. Your attempts to rewrite 4chan history are laughably weak. Tripfags have been shunned entirely since 2006, go check KYM for more info.
>>
>>319254
Except this isn't 2004 anymore and the majority of the users on the bigger boards are complete retards. On slower boards I noticed no one really cares about tripfags, but the same can't be said on the majority of the site.
>>
>>310292
You must be Indian
>>
>>319719
You are such a dumbass. What's my rep and thread count?
>>
File: Untitled.png (7 KB, 589x145) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7 KB, 589x145
>>319788
wat
>>
File: 1440563823408.png (136 KB, 968x695) Image search: [Google]
1440563823408.png
136 KB, 968x695
>>317032
You get better discussions on /pol/ than most places on this site.
>>
>>319827
>prior to id's and flags
>>
>>319836
I would argue that /pol/ went to shit around 2012, which was either around the Dorner happening or the Zimmer happening, maybe even the Sandy happening at latest.

That was when /pol/ began to leak and became less political discussion to anons acting like stormfags because "It's cool". Then again, the glory of /pol/ was the fact that it was politically incorrect, which made things much more enjoyable.
>>
>>310292
Mad samefagging shitposter detected.

We need IDs on all boards.
>>
>>319852
It has always gone bad during major events that were not allowed to be discussed in the mainstream, since that brought a flood of reddit/newfags, but it was the introduction of IDs and flags that made Redditors and the like feel comfortable staying.
>>
>>310292
>/int/ can keep flags, as it is a novelty board made for flags
It didn't even have flags in its first year of existence.

>>319254
Shut the fuck up, you retarded newfaggot
>>
>>319917
Yes but obviously flags make the board better due to the topic. You can't say the same about other boards, which are far worse with flags enabled.
>>
>>319719
He was pointing out that No registration =/= no username. I disagree with the majority of his post however.

>Every post judged by its content
If only that were ever the case.
>>
>>320407
You can hardly call /int/ "better".
>>
>>320462
>No registration =/= no username
As soon as 4chan outgrew moot's morbid influence (like 100+ regular posters), anonymity became the point of 4chan. If moot hadn't been a retarded goon, he too would have realized from the beginning that it was anonymous posting that made the site successful. To say that 4chan wasn't begun as an anonymous site is to give undue weight to the moronic influences of moot instead of the users who actually created the culture and demand the removal of flags and IDs.
>>
>>320826
Delete flags and IDs from all boards.
>>
>>320946
>"I know better than moot"
You are what's wrong with this website.
>>
>>320965
>using quotation marks with le meme arrows
GTFO Reddit. Joot was always shit and the community developed despite him.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 229x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 229x230
>>310292
I have an easy solution

> eliminate the concept of sfw boards
> forced anonymous site wide
> fire all mods and janitors, replace them with a bot that deletes cp
> remove all captchas
> combine all boards into one /b/ board with the number of allowed threads equal to all deleted boards

And now you guys can do whatever you want to this place. You're welcome.
>>
>>321092
>forced anonymous site wide
That is a strong suggestion (provided it's combined with removal of flags). The rest of your list is dicey, though. If implemented, many of those suggestions could actually make the site worse.
>>
>remove flags and IDs
>>
File: Flag-Pins-India-Greece.jpg (74 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-India-Greece.jpg
74 KB, 400x320
I wonder which countries could be behind this thread.
>>
>>321092
Though all your suggestions are terrible, the last one would actually kill the site's hardware.
>>
Just range ban India.
>>
>>319774
Yeah, which is why they should be constantly banned until the autistic fucks leave the site in rebellion and make the next 7chan and hate on 4chan for the next 10 years.

They are the worst thing on this site.
Most of them are also the anti-Japan people as well.

>>319719
No, it isn't.
Anonymity != user accounts.
Posting without having to register is a whole different concept of posting without identity.
I can use any trip I want and still be just as anonymous as someone that uses the default Anonymous.

>>319917
You revisionist faggots keep trying to change history to suit your shit discussion..
Anonymous discussion is pure cancer and needs to be eliminated from this site.
It should have never gained momentum.
But moot was a whiny coward and caved when he reversed forced anonymous because everybody was whining.
You know what happens when people constantly whine and spam the board? You fucking ban them.Constantly.

Invisible moderation also ruined things because it led to people not knowing that people were banned for shitposting.
Nobody reads the fucking rules. Visible banning is what gave people an understanding of content that wasn't tolerated.
Bring back visible bans.
"But it disrupts the thread!".
The people freaking out over bans in a thread only happened AFTER invisible moderation started.
Every attempt to bring back visible moderation was terminated prematurely because moot listened to whiny autists.

>>320946
Most of the damn site used trips and names.
The only people that wanted anonymity was Shiis faggot brigade from world2ch.
All they did was cause problems on this site for years. All arguments started by them wanting their bullshit discussion on here.
Moot is the only reason you fags GOT anonymous discussion because he is a pussy and caved.

Don't even take my word for it, read the fucking news archive.
Revisionist fucks always forget there is a very public and unchanged archive of 4chan history, on the damn site itself!
>>
>>321607
>Most of the damn site used trips and names.
Not once more than 100 people started using the site.

>Moot is the only reason you fags GOT anonymous discussion because he is a pussy and cave
Caved to the users demanding anonymity.

Fact is, nobody cares about 4chan from 2005. The glory years were 2007-10 and anonymity reigned supreme.

>b-b-but my stale screenshots and pretending to be an oldfag by reading ED and news archive
Okay.

Remove IDs and remove flags.
>>
>>321632
Don't reply to him.
>>
>Remove IDs and remove flags
This I like.
>>
>>323419
>>Remove IDs and remove flags
>>
>mfw these indian, israel, gypsie shitposters begging for flag removal so they wont constantly get btfo

My sides pham.
>>
We need to remove flags and ids from /pol/.
>>
>>324819
>>324819
>>324819
>>324819
>>324819
>>
>remove flags and ids from /pol/.
>>
Flags and IDs do literally nothing, stop bitching please
>>
>>323466
this tee bee aych. Allowing samefagging on /pol/ is never a good idea
>>
>>325436
>remove poo into the loo
>>
REMOVE

REMOVE

REMOVE
>>
>>310389
/thread
>>
Remove flags and IDs. Make /pol/ usable again. Just because you don't agree with some of the things said on /pol/ does not mean they should suffer so harshly for so long.
>>
>>327124
>Remove flags and IDs. Make /pol/ usable again.
These.
>>
>>327725
Stop replying to yourself
>>
File: OC.jpg (7 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
OC.jpg
7 KB, 276x183
>>327777
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.