[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PLEASE MAKE A /v/ FOR JAPANESE GAMES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6
File: consider the following.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
Hiro, mods and developers, please think about splitting /v/ into two different boards, one for the current /v/ and one where people are only allowed to talk about Japanese games.

I am an /a/ poster but I like video games, I like them as much as anime, but the difference in quality between the two boards is so high. If I make a retarded thread on /a/ it usually gets deleted within 5 minutes, if someone makes a retarded thread about girl gamers, Anita, feminism, twitter drama, or just other blatant off topic garbage, the thread possibly even maxes out in replies before it gets removed.

Feminism is not video games.
Anita is not video games.
Zoe Quin is not video games.
Ecelebrities like Total Biscuit are not video games.
Any thread that starts with a twitter screencap that isn't from a game developer is most likely not video games.
4am threads are not video games.
"Tired gamer" threads are not video games.
"This makes 20$ plus tip" is not video games.
"Look who finally got out of his mancave" + a picture of a group of girls looking at the camera is not video games.
And all this doesn't even scratch the surface of regular shit posting threads that are made on /v/.

It sucks because despite my love for video games I have no place to talk about them. I can talk about old games on /vr/, as the board is actually good unlike /v/, but I don't want to talk about old games only and the board moves too slow. And not only will a Japanese-games-only-/v/ have a better posting standard, it will also give people like me who like visual novels an actual place to meet, as of right now visual novel discussion is awkwardly distributed between /a/, /vg/, /jp/ and /v/.

Please, consider making an alternative Japan only /v/ where the moderators are actually strict and intolerant to all the bullshit that is plaguing /v/.
>>
>>351115

Learn to keep scrolling, bitch.
>>
>>351115

>Feminism is not video games.

Those threads are deleted.

>Anita is not video games.

>Zoe Quin is not video games.

>Ecelebrities like Total Biscuit are not video games.

Often they are you know when they're reviewing video games or discussing vidya issues. Plus we've had eceleb threads for nearly a decade starting with AVGN and spoony.

>Any thread that starts with a twitter screencap that isn't from a game developer is most likely not video games.

>4am threads are not video games.

It's literally 1 thread made each day.

>"Tired gamer" threads are not video games.

Yes they are.

>"This makes 20$ plus tip" is not video games.

>"Look who finally got out of his mancave" + a picture of a group of girls looking at the camera is not video games.

Never seen one of these.
>>
There's like 5 videogame boards, why making another one?
>>
Anita is not video games.
Zoe Quin is not video games.
Ecelebrities like Total Biscuit are not video games.
Any thread that starts with a twitter screencap that isn't from a game developer is most likely not video games.
4am threads are not video games.
"Tired gamer" threads are not video games.
"This makes 20$ plus tip" is not video games.
"Look who finally got out of his mancave" + a picture of a group of girls looking at the camera is not video games.
And all this doesn't even scratch the surface of regular shit posting threads that are made on /v/.

This is all that needs to be said really.
>>
>>351127
No they are not fucking deleted. Even if I report them, they stay up, usually for hours.

If I report a post or thread on /a/ it usually deleted within 5 minutes. I don't know if this is because mods actually react to reports on /a/ or because other people also report shit threads on /a/ while ignoring them on /v/, but either way, reporting threads is not a problem.

Saying "just ignore the threads" is just closing your eyes and plugging your ears to the mountains of bullshit that is plaguing /v/. Ignoring the shit threads doesn't make them disappear. The board is still flooded with shit threads and people are still in these shit threads and talking about the shitty non-video game subjects in these thread instead of actually going to threads that are /v/ related.

/v/ has always been a board having trouble with off topic posts but it has become even worse in the recent years. There used to be a time where elitism was still somewhat a thing on /v/, I remember people still being told to go play Boku no Pico when they were asking for a game to play back in 2010ish. This is mentality is completely gone now. "Lurk more" doesn't exist anymore. People spoonfeed and help retards on purpose just to go against the "secret club" mentality. /v/ is a shit board in every way and even moderation will not fix the fundamentally shit poster infested user base that the board has.

At this point the best way of action is to really just make another /v/, for Japanese games only and moderate it as aggressively as mods moderate /a/.
>>
>>351129
Because all the current ones besides /vr/ are garbage and 4chan would benefit from a Japanese-only vidya board since it is a site centered around Japanese stuff.
>>
>>351135

They are deleted as long as there are mods present. I browse boards by creation date and report the shit threads. They're often deleted seconds to minutes after creation between 4 PM and midnight EST.

But yes, /v/ and most of 4chan has light moderation from generally 2 am to noon on weekdays; weekends are more hit or miss. That's a manpower issue I think hence the call for new janitors.
>>
How exactly will it help with console wars shitposting? How will it help with portbegging?
>>
>>351349
It'll keep westakeks off of /ve/ because they fucking hate weebs
>>
I mean Hiro I know you want to talk to /v/ about it, but it's not going to do any good. All the mostly same voices are on here.
>>
What's the point? We've beaten the weebs so badly they barely post their shit on /v/ anymore.
>>
>>>/v/317058459
>>>/v/317058579

Why are threads like these allowed? They are fucking garbage.
>>
>>351754
And all these Redditors say there's nothing wrong with /v/ and that moderation is fine. This right here is proof of just how bad things are
>>
Do we really need 5 threads about this shit?
>>
>>351781
Yes. Only way to get Hiro to see how badly this situation is
>>
>>351754
I like them because I don't have any of the games /v/ talks about.
>>
>>351754
Both threads were archived and not deleted despite being up over 4 hours.

Lack of manpower my ass. The mods simply don't delete shit threads on /v/. No wonder the place is a pile of shit.
>>
>>352346
>Lack of manpower my ass.
Mods are perfectly capable of deleting garbage on high traffic boards.
When /vg/ was created, moot had mods actually moderate /v/ for a while. It was only for a day or so, but it was pretty amazing. Literally 99.99% of shitposts were deleted within minutes. For that one day or so, /v/ was a legitimately decent board.

But then moot for some retarded reason decided to cave in to shitposters complaining to him about the strict moderation and told mods to leave /v/ alone. And /v/ has gone back to being an garbage board it was before the split, and remained that way to this day.
>>
File: 1423374651193.png (163 KB, 338x583) Image search: [Google]
1423374651193.png
163 KB, 338x583
>he still plays video games above the age of 18
>>
>>351115
Please hiro we need this to happen.
>>
>>>/v/317128954
Bumped out 530 replies "funny pictures" thread.

>>>/v/317157795
300 replies thread about Kotaku, video game journalism and social justice.

>>>/v/317146457
450 replies thread about journalism ethics.

These are the 3 most active non-fallout4 threads right now. And none of those thread are going to get deleted regardless of whether I report them or not.

I don't want to post on this shit board where social justice, kotaku, anita and gaming journalism are the most important topics to discuss.

Please Hiro, make /vj/ happen.
>>
>>352916
The one about censorship would belong on /vj/.
>>
>>351135
>There used to be a time where elitism was still somewhat a thing on /v/, I remember people still being told to go play Boku no Pico when they were asking for a game to play back in 2010ish

It was battletoads faggot
>>
>>352924
Agreed. Censorship battles should be fought over on /jp/ since most Japanese games get censored in some way. Though Antia and Zoe should be filtered to oh i don't know Sally and Katie
>>
>>352924
My bad, I assumed it would be another thread about censorship in journalism or about SJWs demanding censorship or whatever.

Yeah the thread is fine. The other two are shit though.
>>
File: FFVI_censorship.png (55 KB, 457x262) Image search: [Google]
FFVI_censorship.png
55 KB, 457x262
>>352938
The people who link SJWs to censorship are retarded. It's nothing new. It has happened since the NES era.
>>
File: 1437698720114.png (175 KB, 686x441) Image search: [Google]
1437698720114.png
175 KB, 686x441
Give us a board already. There is more than enough demand, Hiroshima.
>>
File: Flyable.Heart.full.44501.jpg (240 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Flyable.Heart.full.44501.jpg
240 KB, 1600x1200
>>351115
>as of right now visual novel discussion is awkwardly distributed between /a/, /vg/, /jp/ and /v/.
I wholeheartedly agree. The way the VN community is so forcibly split up into a handful of generals across random boards is appalling. VNs are the highest form of art and fully deserve their own board.
>>
Dear /a/: Please stop trying to sabotage our board. Any long-term /v/ user will tell you that despite it's faults, /v/ is about as good right now as it's been since the pre-2008 era. If it was split up, /vj/ would just be colonized by /a/utists who would fill any discussion with inane waifu shitposting, while /vw/ would empower the angry neckbeards to be even more angry and neckbeardy and shit on any game that doesn't meet their dumb standards. (800 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY, 1200 FPS, SUPER MATURE STORY, AND UNDER $20 OR THE GAME IS SHIT!!!!)
>>
>>354409
>f it was split up, /vj/ would just be colonized by /a/utists who would fill any discussion with inane waifu shitposting
That's still better than its current state
>>
>>354409
There is no /vw/.

/v/ stays the same. /vj/ is created. Those who want to go to /vj/ can, those who don't stay on /v/ and have the same experience as before.
>>
>>354413
Why is /a/ this delusional? I literally can't think of a worse fate for /v/.

>>354415
No it wouldn't. You'd still rile up the angry neckbeards who would feel empowered to shit on any game they didn't like.
>>
>>354443
The angry neckbeards hate /v/ and don't want to touch it. They wouldn't suddenly invade /v/ you retard.

People only want a /vj/ because they want to keep away from /v/.
>>
>>354450

>People only want a /vj/ because they want to keep away from /v/.

Too bad. If you don't like /v/ you have /vg/ or /vr/. Otherwise harden the fuck up.
>>
>>354443
>Why is /a/ this delusional? I literally can't think of a worse fate for /v/.
You mean Reddit almost completely leaving your shitty board is a horrible fate, since most redditors are anti-anime?

I don't even think /v/ needs a split, but it leaning back towards its roots would make it shit tons better
>>
>>354450
>People only want a /vj/ because they want to keep away from /v/.
So they have free license to do their own brand of shitposting.

The way things are right now weebs absorb a lot of the anger that the neckbeards, while staying in their own threads out of fear. In this way, both types of shitposters can keep each other busy while good posters can sneak by while being less noticed.
>>
>>354468
>So they have free license to do their own brand of shitposting.

What is your problem with that? You don't have to visit that board.

Stop it with the retarded "I don't want it because I don't like other people to have fun" mentality. If you can't come up with a reason why /vj/ would actually hurt 4chan you can fuck off.
>>
>>354472
>If you can't come up with a reason why /vj/ would actually hurt 4chan you can fuck off.

Did you only read the first half of my post? Your shitposting attracts energy from the other kind of shitposters that would otherwise be directed at good posters.
>>
>>354472
>If you can't come up with a reason why /vj/ would actually hurt 4chan you can fuck off.
Because there is no point to it. It won't decrease /v/ traffic, only make it so that there is two boards with the same amount of traffic. Congrats! You've made the situation worse, because now the mods simply can't handle both and the shitposting has gotten even worse
>>
>>354478
The second half of your post was so dumb that I ignored it for your sake.

There is no evil "shitpost energy" you fucking retard. People who otherwise don't post on /v/ would now post on /vj/, /v/ would stay the same.

>>354479
/vj/ would actually self moderate like /a/ does. And this isn't about what is easier to moderate, it is about what the community wants. And apparently a lot of people want /vj/ to happen and that is what matters.
>>
>>354489
>/vj/ would actually self moderate like /a/ does. And this isn't about what is easier to moderate,
Don't fucking fool yourself, it won't. /a/ is heavy self-moderation because of historical reasons /vj/ simply WILL NOT self-moderate itself, with the biggest reason is, /v/ is full of retards and most of them will just go 'not a sekrit club'. A /vj/ will still hold a massive amount of /v/ and you will be incapable of getting the majority of /v/ to actually do something like that.

>it is about what the community wants. And apparently a lot of people want /vj/ to happen and that is what matters.
About 98% of what the overall 4chan community wants, is retarded and should never even be considered. This falls into that 98%, as its stupid and it won't turn out good like you're deluding yourself. /v/ is simply too big to split and any split that occurs won't be some gods praise board, it will be shitposting. /vr/ is an exception, with the biggest reason being that it was never asked for

Unless you can come up with a way to remove atleast 30% - 50% of /v/ userbase, you can't fix it. It doesn't matter how much you nazi-moderate it
>>
>>354489
>There is no evil "shitpost energy" you fucking retard.
..do I really have to spell this out for you?

Imagine I'm a neckbeard. I have the time and energy to make, say 20 shitposts per day. As it stands now, I'm gonna direct about 10 posts per day at weebs, and 10 posts per day at games that I hate for other reasons.

If /vj/ is created, the weebs all leave, and now the amount of shitposting against good threads and posters has doubled, since the angry neckbeard directs all his energy against games that he doesn't like.

Did you honestly think I meant some kind of magical shitpost power? If so, then you need to watch less anime.

>People who otherwise don't post on /v/ would now post on /vj/, /v/ would stay the same.
Except there are weeb threads all over /v/. If these people could have a safe space to shitpost, why wouldn't they?
>>
Both "sides" shitpost. The problem isn't your favored content on the board, unless it's off-topic shit, in which case, fuck off. The problem is shitposting.
>>
>>355326
This. The split that would work the best is a video game board and a "video game culture" board, but that would send all the wrong kinds of messages. You're better off just deleting and banning that content, which should be bannable according to rules anyway.

And just like that, we've come back to the argument that the best way to improve /v/ is to activate nazi mode. Funny how that works
>>
Anime is not video games either
>>
>>355402
Anime is globally allowed
>>
Reaction images are almost globally allowed. Many anime images could be considered reaction images.
>>
>ayy muh weeaboo vidya
>>
>>355402
There are a lot of videogames based on anime/manga.
>>
So what exactly would feasibly prevent an increase in moderation, instead of a split that doesn't seem to be favored by most of the users on /v/?
>>
>one for the current /v/ and one where people are only allowed to talk about Japanese games.
>>356704
Why opinion of /v/edditors should matter?
>>
>>356880

>Why should the opinions of people who use their board matter when deciding what happens to it
>>
>>356883
Can't you read? Nothing happens to it, people ask for creation of another board.
>>
>>>/jp/
>>
I wish Hiro would fix his internet already and say something
>>
>>356885
Why not create /wv/ as a containment board instead of /jv/ and make /v/ entirely eastern? Why is it always "create /jv/, leave /v/"?
>>
>>357680
/v/ is already a western shithole. Just rename it Western /v/ and make /jv/
>>
>>>/v/317685434
>b-but it is totally not a feminism thread, we are talking about video games!

>>>/v/317688483
>b-but it is totally not a feminism thread, we are talking about video games!

God fucking damnit, give us an alternative to /v/ already. I am sick of this garbage.
>>
>>358205
You are aware that one is japanese and one is western, right? A w-e split would change nothing but make more room for cancer to grow. The j thread even got more replies lol fuck off /a/utists go back to posting nipples again and starving /h/ with exhentai threads on /a/.
>>
>>358230
I doubt that. Many people who watch anime are also interested in video games so the community would be closer to /a/ than to /v/.

The reason why you never see those people is because they keep away from the cancer that is /v/ and they are not allowed to talk about video games on /a/. But the their interest is definitely there.
>>
>>358230
>You are aware that one is japanese and one is western, right?

No. The articles mentions two characters; one from a Japanese game and other from a Western one. The article itself is from a Western gaming site, so it would go to Westakek /v/ by default. It's the same deal with e-celebs; it doesn't matter what kind of games they play, only their place of origin.
>>
>>>/v/317693505

>>>/v/317693729

Quality /jv/ threads
>>
>>358236

>The reason why you never see those people is because they keep away from the cancer that is /v/ and they are not allowed to talk about video games on /a/

You see "these people" plenty. Loads of people post on both /a/ and /v/vg/. The boards have always had a huge overlap.
>>
>>358457
Threads about a serious topic detailed thanks to fucking Redditors and their GamerGate fear. Now tou see why we need a split
>>
>>358492

What's stopping those people from doing precisely that on a /jv/?
>>
>>358494
Because it's the Westakeks/Redditors who act like this. Most weebs are pissed. I'm more pissed /v/ is defending this
>>
>>358496

>Because it's the Westakeks/Redditors who act like this.

Nothing's stopping them from posting on /jv/ if it existed.

>I'm more pissed /v/ is defending this

So you want a hugbox board where everyone shares your opinions and no one disagrees with you.
>>
>>358514
Well why do you think people have been asking for /jv/ you moron? We don't want to deal with the westakeks anymore.

And no we want to actually talk about video games without some Redditor like you shoving your beliefs down our throats
>>
>>358494
>What's stopping those people from doing precisely that on a /jv/?
Most people aren't really that dedicated to shitposting. They shitpost on their home boards over subjects they dislike, but they rarely bother going to boards dedicated to subjects they dislike just to shit on them. Sure, there's always a few weirdos willing to do that, but they're a tiny minority.

You would probably agree that at least 90% of 4chan looks down on horsefuckers, right? But how many of them actually care enough about horsefuckers to go to /mlp/ just to call them names? I assume it doesn't happen that often.

Not to mention that the average /v/ermin has the attention span of a goldfish and by the end of the month they'd forget they ever shared a board with weebs.
>>
>>358574
Most people on here leave the horsefuckers alone since they're contained. The /v/ermin continue to spread their filth everywhere they go because they despise weeaboos and loli fans so much
>>
>>358574

You are assuming for seemingly no reason that /jv/ wouldn't be rife with its own dedicated shitposters.

>>358741

Weebs and Lolifags do plenty of shitposting of their own. Some of the biggest shitposters in the site's history are/were animeshitters. At best /jv/ would simply produce a different kind of shit.
>>
>>359426
>Weebs and Lolifags do plenty of shitposting of their own

NO WE DUN

WE DINDU NUTHINS
>>
>>358496
>>358530
lol, please faggot. I can actually discuss Shin Megami Tensei and Disgaea just fine on /v/, whereas if you go back to 2007-2010, those threads would get sagebombed to death with unfunny Fatlus comics.
>>
File: burg.jpg (46 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
burg.jpg
46 KB, 600x600
>>360086
>Fatlus meme
>2007

Newfag pretending to be oldfag detected.
>>
Why not make /a/ = Japanese 2D content discussion encompassing Japanese anime, manga, LNs, VNs, and vidya.
>>
I have no problem discussing games on /v/. Sure the on-topic threads are slower than meme threads or SJW threads but isn't that to be expected? Once a game comes out people usually discuss it as much as they can when it first comes out and then move on. After a while there just isn't as much to discuss so threads become slow. If you really want to talk about a game just make a thread on it and you will likely get a few anons at least talking about it.
>>
>>358514
That's exactly what he wants

This whole /jv/ nonsense is being samefagged over and over by the infamous Marie shitposter

Do I have a problem with him dumping hundreds of images of his waifu a day? No

On the other hand, I have no problem with these "westakeks" calling him a faggot for doing so

It's just hilarious that he thinks /jv/ would be some quality board when it would be pure waifu shitposting

If they're going to do this split /jv/ will need to be nsfw seeing as 98% of the threads will just be softcore porn as it is
>>
>>351115
But then /vj/ will be shit because it too will suffer from the same shit /v/ does.
>>
>>351115
>posting this shit every fucking day of your pathetic life
>>
>>360293
No because most of the shitposters on /v/ are westakeks
>>
>>360093
Those comics were made during the Eternal Summer of 2007, faggot.
>>
Now how much longer must we wait before Hiro comes back?
>>
>>>/v/317901395

Getting really tired of this bullshit.
>>
>>360804
Seriously these fucking moderators are the worst I have ever seen on 4chan. They just do not care, and its even more of a reason why a split is needed more than ever
>>
>>351115
Pretty sure Feminism being the root cause for Japanese games not being released in the west is video games.

Good job with the 'ignore them and they'll go away' plan faggot.
>>
>>360980
The problem is they weren't ignored. Also DOA got heat for being sexist even before SJWs were a big thing.
>>
>>351115
fuck off cunt, we don't need to split /v/ even further
>>
>>360980
>Pretty sure Feminism being the root cause for Japanese games not being released in the west is video games.
>complaining about pointless shit is videogames

The video game culture part should be removed and most of /v/'s problems would be solved
>>
>>361108
There should definitely be a split to get all the culture nonsense off the board.
>>
>>362828
How about just outright banning it instead
>>
>>362950
Because sadly culture is part of video games. Its censorship people hate now, not the shitty corrupt journalists. Sadly /v/ is locked in a war with Redditors who shitpost, Neogaffers who call anyone who likes Japanese stuff pedophiles, Tumblrinas supporting SJW, though they are in the small minority, and the remaining old fags who are mostly now weebs
>>
>>360975
How is a split going to fix bad moderation?
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.