[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that the UK, Sweden and many other European countries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: nervous-david.jpg (49 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
nervous-david.jpg
49 KB, 620x372
Is it true that the UK, Sweden and many other European countries have no constitutionally mandated separation between religion and state? That Islamists can legally introduce Sharia law into the country?
>>
>>81347119
It's true in the UK. But Islamists couldn't do what you're suggesting since that would almost certainly run afoul of some existing legislation. I mean it could happen in principle, but there's no way anyone would vote for a party wanting to introduce Sharia law.

But I'm a complete law layman, so while I think what I've written is accurate I wouldn't put too much stock into it.
>>
>UK
>Constitution

Jej
>>
The UK's head of state is the head of her own religious denomination. The queen could probably convert to Islam and make the Church of England into the Mosque of England.
>>
>>81347119
>legally

Almost every country has some mechanism to change or amend the "constitution".
>>
>>81347793
>no one will vote for those crazy ideas!
wait 10-15 years when the demographics have shifted
>>
>>81350261
If that happens they will just amend the constitution, including yours.
>>
>>81347119
>That Islamists can legally introduce Sharia law into the country?

Yeah.... I'm pretty sure that if things got to that stage in the first place then "constitutionally mandated separation" probably wouldn't stop them anyway...
>>
>>81347793
They don't need to officially impose Islamic law on the country as a whole. They just need to carve half the country into Islamic ghettos and then enforce their own laws and customs in that territory. They are already doing this in many places, and the police don't want to enter those areas.
>>
>>81350261
Pretty much every middle class brit I've met is either a hardcore leftie or an apathetic centrist so it's not too radical an idea.
>>
>>81347119

Only if the Church of England becomes Muslim.
>>
>>81347119
We have a constitutionally mandated connection between religion and state.

That religion Christian.
The leader her majesty the Queen.

Not a foreign Pope. Not some crazy evangelicals and their batshit creation museums.
Just HM Liz II at the top of some good old fashioned nationalist Protestantism.

>>81348965
The American "constitution" is mostly amendments.
Most of those are constantly being questioned and reinterpreted.
Sad desu that they cling to myth of the founding fathers' glorious vision of democracy, but I guess this is what happens were you raise your children to idolise a flag.

>>81350485
Defeatist cuck, please move to Europe and take your middle class friends with you.
>>
The Queen, our head of state, is bestowed her power by God.
She is also the supreme governor of the Church of England.
I can't see Sharia Law becoming legitimate any time soon, unless the Royal Family wants to lose what little power they have left.
I have no doubt that she would overrule it in any case.
>>
File: how islam works.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2500) Image search: [Google]
how islam works.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2500
>>81347793
>>
>>81347119
I... yeah that might actually be the case
It's odd, the church is payed for by the government, but you can opt out of it
>>
>>81350784
>Amendments are constantly questioned
By liberals
>and reinterpreted
Not legally
>>
>>81354151
>Not legally
Tell that to the Supreme Court judges.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.