[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russia is building a nuclear space bomber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
260 KB, 1920x1080
Arms race in space coming soon
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/14/russia-is-building-a-nuclear-space-bomber.html?via=desktop&source=Reddit
>The Russian military claims it’s making progress on a space plane similar to the U.S. Air Force’s secretive X-37B robotic mini-shuttle.
>The tech is pretty basic. But alone among space-plane developers, the Kremlin is proposing to arm its space plane. With nukes.
>That’s not only a gross violation of international law, it represents a fairly profound act of hypocrisy on Russia’s part. It wasn’t long ago that the Russian government accused the United States of weaponizing space by sending aloft the nimble, versatile X-37B, basically a quarter-size, remote-controlled version of the Space Shuttle that could, in theory, carry weapons—but does not.
>To be clear, a nuclear-armed space plane would be dangerously destabilizing, as it would totally upset the current, tenuous balance of power between the United States and Russia. The Pentagon could respond to a Russian orbital nuke bomber by quickly deploying a space bomber of its own. In other words, an atomic arms race... in space—a development no one should welcome.
>>
>>81289403
>a development no one should welcome.

DUDE STAR WARS LMAO
>>
why is this a bad thing?

technological advances mostly rely on stuff like this

we wouldn't even be able to get shit out of orbit if it wasn't for weapons development
>>
AYY CYKA CONFIRMED
>>
>>81291789
Because orbital nuclear bombardment isn't exactly easy to stop.

I was personally hoping that anti-nuke technology would get to the point where nukes are obsolete, and then we get this which takes us back to square one.
>>
>>81289403
looks like another raspil and otkat
>>
I FUCKING LOVE SPACE SHIT

we all know it takes an arms race to make progression into space, nobody with the power to tunnel funding into space gives a fuck about rocks and gas, if a space arms race starts now humanity will be able to travel space effectively in less than 20 years.

Lets just hope humanity is not the atomic age civilization in stellaris that always end up nuking itself
>>
>>81291916
There will never be any 100% full proof "anti-nuke" technology.

I don't care what anyone on here says, that's just impossible. There are far too many different ways to deliver the payloads and far more payloads than any defense system could ever imagine handling at one time.

It's just not going to happen. All it takes is a few successful hits being landed to completely cripple a nation.
>>
This shit is forbidden lol. Lame attempt to force NATO into another Star Wars.
>>
casaba howitzer armed space battleships when
>>
>>81289403
t. reddit
we are reviving nuclear engine project from soviet time, nothing more
>>
>>81289403
Nato increases the presence of armed forces ner the russian borders.
Russia will increase it global.
>>
>>81289403
Fuck maybe ill still be alive to dogfight Russians in space
>>
>>81289403

>what is tr-3b
>what is X-41
>what is Falcon project

The US beat them to the punch. Falcon competed a successful lest two years ago.

I'd also be very surprised if Russia is openly considering this -even more so if it is secret and the US found out- as there is a UN treaty that explicitly forbids this.
>>
>>81291916

We could always try Star Wars (SDI) again.
>>
>>81289403
Thats actually great for everyone. It will drive inovation and industry.

Until they really microwave that cold war, and things get too hot.
>>
File: PTB-625_heavy_bomber.png (430 KB, 1149x810) Image search: [Google]
PTB-625_heavy_bomber.png
430 KB, 1149x810
>>81289403
Space bomber thread.
>>
>FUCK YEAH
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.