[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pearl Harbor.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: images (59).jpg (9 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
images (59).jpg
9 KB, 249x202
Why the Hell did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor? The US was only giving supplies so antagonize them? And if you do antagonize them, why attack a harbor and not a place where they're developing supplies or trading them?
>>
>>81078769
The US placed an embargo on Japan. I believe it was oil.
>>
>>81079058
Ah OK. Thank you for that. Don't know if this should be on /pol/ though.
>>
>>81078769
They assumed the US was keeping out of the war out of weakness. They thought we wouldn't turn around and wreck their shit. Obviously they were wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (332 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332 KB, 1600x900
>>81078769
>Japan sees opportunity to destroy entire pacific fleet and capture all of the pacific island chains
>destroys most of it
>capture some islands
>forgot they attacked America and get fucked for it
>severely underestimate the manufacturing power of the US
>>
>>81079058
>>81079362
>>81079469
Honestly, it still seems fucking retarded.
>>
>>81079058
Correct

>>81079362
>>81079469
Incorrect.
>>
>>81079556
Hence why they got their shit kicked in
>>
>>81079556
What do you expect from a isolationist island nation led by a religious cult equivalent to Islam today
>>
>>81078769
Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto regarding the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor:

>I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve

most smart japanese thought it was a terrible idea too
>>
>>81079809

correct
>>
>>81078769
Is it too much to ask of you to use Google or, God forbid, read a book? You must be a nigger of some sort.
>>
>>81085381
Shut up, faggot. There are a lot of reasons why they could have done it that can't be found in a 3 second Google search. Like basically everything else in history.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.