[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Beat Labour in two General Elections >Won the Scottish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 415x779) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 415x779
>Beat Labour in two General Elections
>Won the Scottish Referendum
>Gave us a fair EU referendum
>Recovered the UK economy
>Top tier banter at Prime Minister's Questions
>Refused taking mass numbers of Syrian refugees

APOLOGISE, and press F to pay respects on his final day in office. Good Prime Minister tbqh.
>>
He's like Bush senior.

In a few years, nobody will remember he was in charge at all.
>>
>actually fucked a pig on a dare

absolute madman
>>
>>80825021
Delete this.
>>
I appreciate that he cut spending and headed off an EU-style debt crisis. it's very impressive for a government to actually see a problem coming and take measures to prevent it. more often, governments deny that anything is wrong, pander and pork-barrel, and do nothing until a problem is a disaster.

but why did he want to stay so bad? his administration is the very evidence that the UK is fiscally better than the EU
>>
>>80825021
banta
>>
>>80824926
He has made a hash of our armed forces though.

But he's been pretty steady, and I suppose that's all you can ask of a leader sometimes.
>>
>>80825021
This was for the princess you moron.
>>
>>80824926

Tell me who the new chick is. Should I be mad or what?
>>
>>80825307
>but why did he want to stay so bad?
Because this is now the one thing that will define his leadership, most people in positions of authority and power, in the UK and europe, think it's a bad thing, and hence it's destroyed his influence and esteem among them, which is bad on a personal level for himself and his family.
>>
>>80824926
Ding-dong the witch is dead.
>>
>>80825789
Policy wise she'll be a carbon copy of Cameron who was a carbon copy of Blair. Centre right politics is all that is capable of winning in this country in the 21st century it seems.
>>
David Cameron might have been remembered as one of Britains greatest Prime Ministers.

He's seen a return to stability from the GFC, was able to unite various factions within the conservative party, oversaw the defeat of the Scottish Independence referendum, was able to move towards a more rationalist economic structure while keeping the left happy and more

But despite over 2 terms of strong rule, there's nothing to remember him by. No big projects, no successful wars. All he needed was one big, successful idea and that would have cemented his place as one of the top five prime ministers.

Now he'll slip into obscurity- and if he doesn't he'll be remembered as the one who began the process of the UK leaving the EU... something he campaigned against.

It's almost tragic
>>
>>80824926
I'll miss him a lot. When I voted for the first time It was because of Dave, the reason why i'm a conservative is because of him.

I voted for him twice and would vote for him again.

It's very rare to find a politician these days who you don't have to compromise your beliefs in order to vote for them.

He was a Classical Liberal, and is my second favourite leader.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>good PM

>left like a pussy clart in the country's time of need

What's ya flavour?
>>
Objectively speaking he was shit, but Theresa May will make him look like the greatest leader Britain's ever had in comparison.
>>
>>80827181
>So principled he was unwilling to steer a country into the direction he campaigned against

How is this a bad thing?

If he stayed in charge, people would have said he was going to sabotage Brexit. He said we needed a leader who could better unite the party than him.

His stepping down as PM was a moment of great humbleness and the mark of a true leader
>>
>>80824926
>Won the Scottish Referendum

This is a questionable victory. I would like Labour to have lost seats they're never going to get again. Also, Scotland contributes nothing to your economy except oil, which is now less than worthless.
>>
>>80827392
Labor weren't getting those seats, it was the SNP
>>
>>80827321
Uh, no. Brexit even getting a referendum was his fault. His stepping down was political Sudoku so the interests he served don't make him commit Sudoku for real.
>>
>>80826571
>David Cameron might have been remembered as one of Britains greatest Prime Ministers.

If that's true, that shows what shit PMs you've had since Thatcher, which goes without saying.

He wasn't really half the man Blair was, (in reviving his party), but Cameron never did anything a tenth as awful as the Iraq war
>>
>>80827449
I was aware of that, but it was still Labour seats before the SNP took over and still probably necessary for a coalition if they ever want to get into government.

But perhaps the SNP is effective at convincing people never to vote labour in fear of a SNP-Labour coalition.
>>
Less Taxation, gave people more power over the money they earn
Froze council tax
Raised Inheritance tax
Tax free ISA
Cut Income Tax
Raised the Tax free threshold
Raised the Minimum wage
Cut corporate Tax to make the UK more competitive
Disposable income at an all time high
Cut Welfare spending
Cut Unemployment from over 8% to 5%
Mended the wrecked economy after the GFC
Most Democratic PM we've had
AV vote
PCC vote
Scotish vote
Most importantly an EU vote
Crime has continued to fall
Created a sovereign wealth fund from shale to spend in the North
Improved housing affordability with the Help to Buy scheme
>>
>>80825917
>Because this is now the one thing that will define his leadership

Good answer. It's terrible to see leaders putting their own egos ahead of the interests of the nation, but I guess there is no other explanation for his behaviour.
>>
>>80827457
Do you really believe that? I think he just said enough was enough, so he was taking his ball and going him.
>>
>>80827677
How is it really in the interest of the nation that he shouldn't leave?
>>
It would have been interesting to see him finish his time as PM on his own terms, we never get a Prime Minister who can say The End because they are usually vote out.

Also what will happen about Scottish devolution
>>
>>80827616
He (along with Teresa May) also banned many Muslim extremist groups.

He cut Foreign aid to 16 undeserving countries.

Abolished Labours ID card scheme.

One other thing I liked about him was in the run up to the Royal Wedding. Local councils didn't want street parties because of 'Health and Safety' fears.

Cameron told us . .. . If you want a street party - go and have one!
>>
>>80827294
>he fell for the identity politics meme

This isn't America, the conservatives got elected on a centre right platform that united a previously broken party, and that'll be what May does, the exact same shit Cameron did.
>>
>>80827907
>Abolished Labours ID card scheme.
>One other thing I liked about him was in the run up to the Royal Wedding. Local councils didn't want street parties because of 'Health and Safety' fears.
>Cameron told us . .. . If you want a street party - go and have one!

Oh yeah forgot about the Labour ID cards
>>
>>80824926
Best Politician since Churchill

I'll miss him

F
>>
>>80830676
Is that a fucking joke, or did Thatcher personally have your family executed?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.