[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Berets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 18
File: green-beret-with-DUI.jpg (9 KB, 300x202) Image search: [Google]
green-beret-with-DUI.jpg
9 KB, 300x202
I want to become a Green Beret, and possibly move onto some other special forces unit.

What are your thoughts on the Green Berets, and if going in after college (Attending ROTC, but not becoming an officer) as an 18X?

Thoughts on becoming a weapons or communications Sargent?
>>
Everyone wants to be special forces,OP, but few make it past the process where they weed out the weak.
>>
File: 1463453577013.png (463 KB, 1200x975) Image search: [Google]
1463453577013.png
463 KB, 1200x975
>>80824577
>I want to become a Green Beret
You and every other kid in ROTC. You're better off quitting ROTC and working out every single day. Running and lifting constantly. ROTC is a joke, and just working out every day is much more productive in becoming SF. Consider taking a foreign language.

Seriously, becoming SF is extremely fucking difficult, and odds are you'll wash out and go 11B. That's something you have to be prepared for mentally.
>>
File: 1466741429588.gif (3 MB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
1466741429588.gif
3 MB, 253x253
You want to join a special unit? Go to Foreign French Legion. You will learn things you would never learn in the US army. Also can fight in the european race war when it comes.
>>
>>80824821
I'm taking Mandarin as my major. My college did not offer Arabic. I already speak fluent English and am pro efficient in German.
>>
File: 1466389532439.jpg (200 KB, 1014x1044) Image search: [Google]
1466389532439.jpg
200 KB, 1014x1044
>>80824902
>German
That's not what they're looking for. If you can nail down mandarin that's a huge plus, but it's still not gonna get you through selection. You need to live in the gym.
>>
>>80825072
Understood. Would you recommend ROTC to some extent? Or is it completely pointless if I'm going in as a recruit?
>>
File: 1462519916656.jpg (58 KB, 506x552) Image search: [Google]
1462519916656.jpg
58 KB, 506x552
>>80825323
If you want to be an officer, sure go for it. It seems like a total waste of time otherwise. They seem to focus on general leadership stuff and other officer skills so I just don't see the relevance to what you want to do. I guess if the credits are easy it might be worth it.

Familiarize yourself with firearms if that's not something you've done.
>>
Land navigation fucks people up. I suggest you get good and familiar with it now. Start rucking and hiking now, and like an earlier anon said, live in the gym. All the other army shit you'll learn at OSUT and if you go in fit as fuck ( scoring over 300 on the APFT) you'll practically get pushed through Basic Training. Get an Airborne slot in your enlistment contract as well.
>>
File: 1463456658613.png (364 KB, 564x1086) Image search: [Google]
1463456658613.png
364 KB, 564x1086
>>80826038
>land nav
Fucking this. After my entire enlistment I could still never pick this shit up. Last time I had to qualify(like a month before I got out) I just got an app on my phone, and cheated like a shitbag. I just can't figure that shit out.
>>
>>80825713
Exactly. Attending University isn't great for someone wanting to learn about weapons, military equipment usage, and general military nomenclature/skills/culture first-hand. There's only so much the internet/books can teach me.

ROTC is more of a means to get access to firearms training than anything. Where I am (Santa Cruz), readily-available weapons and gun ranges are almost non-existent.
>>
>>80824577
A green beret is just a marine in a hat
>>
>>80826038
>>80826038
Any sources you could provide on Land Navigation training? Books/Websites/Etc...
>>
File: 1463452404453.jpg (46 KB, 394x449) Image search: [Google]
1463452404453.jpg
46 KB, 394x449
>>80826206
You make a good argument, and if you think you can fit in being in the gym constantly, learning Chinese, doing all your other bullshit classes, and ROTC, go for it. You're gonna be busy as shit.
>>
File: 1232358.jpg (8 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
1232358.jpg
8 KB, 195x259
>>80824577
>wanted to become a hat

most people would never say they wanted to become a hat

you must have some plan on how to become a hat

is it painful
>>
I went to an assessment and selection course for a tier 1 unit and was ultimately selected. It was the most difficult thing I've ever done. I ended up not going to the follow on training due to huge changes in my life that caused me to hit the bottle hard.
OP, if you are serious about SF, ruck your fucking dick off and get good at land nav. And don't be a little bitch whiner and cry just because you have to move a 55 gallon drum full of water 6 miles.
>>
>>80826345
Armystudyguide.Com has some info on it. There's a very good power point presentation I used when I was DS. I'll see if I can find a link.

>>80826181
Yeah, it can be a ball buster.
>>
You should buy the book Get Selected. It's got everything you need to know about becoming SF, even workout routines
>>
>i want to be a green beret

If it's anything like SF here. You'd be making the choice between an athletic scholarship to college or joining the military.

You aren't in that category so don't waste your time pursuing this route.
>>
>>80826648
I didn't set myself on a course to become a Green Beret just to get pissy and whine. I don't complain, never have, never will. There's no point to it. I've drilled it in my head long ago that I can't make excuses for when I fail, either do or don't.
>>
>>80826728
I'me currently reading through "The Mammoth Book of Special Forces Training" and "Chosen Soldier". I'll be sure to check out your recommendation.
>>
>>80826181
>>80826038
This is what I don't get.
Maybe it's because i grew up learning this stuff, or maybe i've never been dropped in some woods i've never seen before and told "go to this point, be there by 16:00," but i've never been lost or even slightly confused as to where i'm going when i go hiking/camping
>>
>>80826871
Well you're on the right path with that way of thinking. If the elite fail, there's nobody left to call. Always remember that.
>>
>>80826285
But green berets are useful.
>>
>>80826345
This might help

http://www.pptclasses.com/land-nav-map-reading.html

Can't find the slides I used online, but this one looks alright, it's nowhere near as complicated as it looks.

Land Navigation and Map Reading Slideshow - MEDTRNG.net

Buy a military compass and some protractors at a surplus store.
>>
18X is a scam to get more 11B. Sure, you'll have a chance to go to selection, but good luck getting past that if you have no military experience.

You're better off just talking to a recruiter about your career goals.
>>
>>80826648
This is all good advice, Be able to walk 30 miles a day by yourself over difficult terrain. >>80826728
more good advice do the PT on your own until you vomit, And do it every spare minute you have.

Go for being an Officer and that will open more stuff to you. Your living conditions will be better while you head over to the Q course. Be helpful with your fellow candidates but do not become to friendly with them. Remember they might not make it to the same place you do so have a back up plan incase they fall out. Never depend on them completing their task if it is part of yours. Get you degree, you will need it later for promotions, double up on them if you can. Add a masters as quickly as you can. The more the better. Keeps you moving in the promotion process. And deploy every chance you get. And take all the crazy little classes that the Army offers you. If you do, and if you are good, they will take care of you.
>>
>>80824577
Good fucking luck just joining up and becoming a Green Beret. The 18X program has had a very very small success rate.

If you seriously want to wear the green beret. Here is the best bet to gain success.

Join as an 11B and get an airborne unit or 10th Mountain.

Consistently hit the gym.

Be an expert in your field and consistently learn everything you can about your job and the jobs of others around you.

Go Ranger and get into a Ranger Bat.

Be the best Ranger in the Ranger Bat.

Go try and become a green beret and fail

Try again

Try one last time

If you do not succeed after the 3rd time just enjoy being a Ranger.
>>
>>80826528
Also, the protractors can be fucky. The plotting scale (the part that reads your Right&Up) may have a 1/16 inch plastic gap between your scale lines and the marking portion. Cut this or make sure you get one without it. It can throw you off by about 50 meters or more, especially at night.
>>
>>80826803
What if you were an atheltic back in the days?
>>
File: green-beret-for-breakfast.png (222 KB, 579x360) Image search: [Google]
green-beret-for-breakfast.png
222 KB, 579x360
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the info. I appreciate all of it, even you Canada.

Any former/current Special Forces Operative have any advice that goes beyond traditional training? Or should I go to the fine boys at /k/?
>>
I want to be a mess tin repairman 3rd class. Any advice on getting in?
>>
>>80827666
If you are past 30, forget it.

If you are in good shape in your mid 20s and still work out frequently, you should have a good shot.

I can't stress enough, SF is the alpha chad zone. If you are some nerdy guy even if you bust your ass training, you won't fit in culturally and you won't make it past selection.
>>
>>80827558
This is pretty much what I've considered doing.
Enlist as 11b, opt for airborne, once my 4 years are up if i want to stay i can continue airborne or try for ranger and officer school then maybe sf.
>>
>>80827337

>18X is a scam to get more 11B

True. But more honestly, it's a scam to get goal oriented 11B's. A squad of men with ambition is better than a squad of men who were just looking for something to do after high school.
>>
>>80827902
average SF are in their 30's my goy.
>>
>>80828039
Age requirement is anywhere between 20 and 30 for training. You're thinking Tier 1.
>>
>>80828039
They are 'in' SF at 30. They most likely joined the military in their early 20s and got selected in their mid to late 20s.

They didn't just join with no military experience at 30.
>>
File: 1463669753498.jpg (51 KB, 460x566) Image search: [Google]
1463669753498.jpg
51 KB, 460x566
Here is the truth.

If you are posting in a thread on 4 fucking chan about being an elite Operator , it's highly likely that you will NEVER fucking be an Operator...

>But muh feels tell me I can make it

Most of you kiddies have no fucking clue what it takes to become a tier 1 operator and if you did, you wouldn't be fucking posting on a god damn Taiwanese dishwasher image board...
>>
File: averagesjw1.jpg (63 KB, 602x648) Image search: [Google]
averagesjw1.jpg
63 KB, 602x648
>>80824577
>I WANNA JOIN THE SPECIAL FORCES RIGHT FROM CIVILIAN LIFE
not going to happen, senpai

as they say literally everywhere that could give you a job, "Don't call us, we'll call you"
>>
>>80828272
You're right, this is pretty fucking stupid. Or, I should say, this would be pretty fucking stupid if I relied solely on the information I've gathered here to influence my final decision on trying out for SF.

I'm getting as much input as I can from as many people as I can. I want to know what /pol/ thinks of the Green Berets, and if they have any information they think is useful.
>>
>>80824577
And I wanted to be a clearance diver in the Royal Australian Navy but ended up being electronic warfare on a sub, can't get everything you want.
>>
>>80828272
This is literally untrue

Anyone who posts questions here is likely wiser than any random dumbass from Arkansas
>>
>>80824577
>Thoughts on becoming a weapons or communications Sargent?
You don't get the choice. They put you in the specialization they need.

Unless you can run until you puke, and continue to run even while puking, don't bother trying. Go Ranger like another anon suggested, they will take the time to actually build you up to their standards; SF is looking for people who won't quit, because no matter how fit you are they will push you past your limits.
>>
File: laughingsuits.jpg (24 KB, 502x391) Image search: [Google]
laughingsuits.jpg
24 KB, 502x391
>americans are so fucking delusional that they think they'll get accepted into special forces right out of boot camp
>>
File: tmp_8104-full-9-583555646.jpg (23 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8104-full-9-583555646.jpg
23 KB, 600x450
>>80824821
>Pretty much this
MFW I was a fireteam leader for a bunch of BUDS washout austists that thought being a Seabee was worth bragging about. Guess who always got volunteered for working parties.
>>
>>80826803
This is not shitposting.

My godfather is a retired Green Beret jump master and he was 6'2' 245lbs with a six minute mile when he signed his contract. That dude is still a fucking tank. He makes fun of me and his kid because we can't squat past 500lbs and he's 49. He married a swede and his son who is more of a "little" brother than my biological brother is a 6'8" 290lbs offensive lineman for a Pac-12 football team because he transferred out of the academy.
Those guys are specimens. I thought I was special because Colorado Springs looked at me for baseball and I wouldn't dare go for an 18x contract when I was in shape.
Nobody who enlists for SF straightaway will make it in Obama's military unless they are elite.
I gave up on the idea of joining once I got a Gucci internship in oil and I quit working out but I have some friends that are still in the Ranger program at my uni's ROTC and almost all of them are being told too bad and to try and sign an 18x contract.

If you want to be an elite operator sign a contract for army infantry and hope you get attached to the SF units going to Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>
>>80828272
This board is actually 25% disgruntled ex-military, 25% NEET and 50% CIA or FBI. It's a great place to inquire about government employment.
>>
File: Full-Hooah.jpg (18 KB, 236x317) Image search: [Google]
Full-Hooah.jpg
18 KB, 236x317
You can start by spelling Sergeant right, OP.

Aim high and go through as many different schools and courses as you can, but be sure to not limit yourself to only SF. I'm satisfied with my lot. I'm Air Assault qualified and an MP. If a slot were to open for Airborne or what have you, I'd gladly attend to it. But ultimately, you need to prepare yourself. You aren't going to get any SF, Airborne, etc in your enlistment contract, and doing in ROTC is ballsy but I suppose manageable.

Best of luck.
>>
>>80828272
Considering that we have a few scrolled rangers that trip occasionally at /k/ along with a couple of 2nd commando selection drop outs, a few legionnaires and a retired green beret working the private sector the possibilities aren't that slim.
>>
>>80829130
This is bullshit. They don't want huge big guys in SF. The look for average height and weight. Being able to ruck and landnav is the biggest skill necessary. Green berets mostly train LNs to fight whoever we want to fight without us getting too involved. They're not going around doing super secret missions.
>>
>>80829181
100% bullshit too
>>
>>80829519
I thought I have the chance to go in as an 18x after ROTC, and from there take any classes (including airborne) that is either required or optional? Could you please clarify?
>>
>>80829762
Don't know about American Special Forces but I've met a few soldiers from German special units and they seem to be body builder type alpha males, or average looking dudes with brains who don't talk much and have unreal willpower.

At least that's how I would archetype them from my limited experience.
>>
>>80830139
It seems to be a general thing that most of programs are just bait "dreamers" to sign their life away.
>>
>>80829762
No they don't want huge big guys, but someone who can ruck gear easily with natural leadership characteristics who grew up going into wilderness for hunting trips once a week makes training that individual easier than your average 18x contract. Nobody said they were required to be Brock Lesnar to train our friendly insurgents, the primary role of Green Berets is to train our friendlies, but you have an advantage on training stateside if you waltzed through SERE.
>>
File: 1467407754856.jpg (10 KB, 237x192) Image search: [Google]
1467407754856.jpg
10 KB, 237x192
>>80824577
>green berets
>they're actually black
???
>>
>>80830480
*Dark Green
>>
>>80824577
Don't go ROTC, because then you will have to be a CO. Go to college, get a good, marketable degree, and then enlist as an E4 with 18x.
>>
>>80824577
Former 18E, so biased towards Comms Sgt. All team members are cross trained in other roles to provide redundancy in case a team member becomes a casualty. Key difference between comms & weapons is the weight of the shit you have to ruck. I'd prefer to haul 120lbs of comms equipment than 180lbs of heavy weapons and ammo. If you think your life sucks, just wait for SERE.

Rangers lead the way! Good on you kid. Make your country proud.
>>
>>80829762
^^^ This is truth. Your value is essentially tied to your ability to ruck heavy ass shit long distances over & over.
>>
>>80830902
Where did you come in from SF? Were you an 18x, or an 11b beforehand?
>>
>>80824902
That's good. You're required to learn at least 1 dominant language for your groups AOR, the more languages you are proficient in the higher your pay.
>>
>>80831110
Enlisted as an 11B. Started w/ 2-87INF, and was tapped for SFAS after Ranger school. Ended up w/ 3SFG, ODA 3332/392.
>>
>>80824577
>attending ROTC and not becoming an officer
Let me stop you right there, you're a complete fucking retard if you go enlisted with a 4 year degree. A college spec 4 is a pariah among other enlisted soldiers, you will be shit on constantly every day for several months if not years, and everybody I went to basic with who went to JROTC or ROTC was a massive faggot who thought they were the shit.

You might think SF and grunt work sounds high speed now, but just remember this is every day of your life were talking about here

Just be a 2nd Lt., get your Ranger tab and then re-evaluate how you feel about the ARMY lifestyle after your first term of service

t. Line infantryman
>>
>>80831327
Nice. Know of anyone who went in the way I'm planning on going in? Or were most former rangers/infantrymen?
>>
File: MPLeadTheWay.jpg (58 KB, 390x543) Image search: [Google]
MPLeadTheWay.jpg
58 KB, 390x543
>>80830139
Sure I can clarify, to be clear, 18X is the MOS designation for enlisted personnel. For an officer post-ROTC, the MOS designation is 18A.

To be honest, your plan on how to attain SF is unrealistic at best, hardly feasible, and convoluted. I would reecommend doing the standard ladder, go 11B (or 31B), get Ranger or Air Assault, then be a Batt Boy, and then attempt SF.
>>
>>80831544
Almost all were former INF who went to on to be successful Rangers and then decided that the suck wasn't bad enough and wanted to feel more pain. Don't know of any who went ROTC yet wanted to go enlisted instead of becoming an officer. Also realize that SF officers are worthless figureheads who get rotated between teams as they try to climb the ladder. Undertrained and underperforming schmucks who are a liability to their men until they realize that the Team sgt literally runs the fucking show and they are best off shutting their fucking mouths and learning from the guys who know what they are doing.

tl;dr SF officers are simply canon fodder to protect their men from admin bullshit from above.
>>
>>80832033
Kek, isn't that applicable to all plt grade officers?
>>
>>80832156
Generally speaking, yes, but in my experience it's even more so in SF.
>>
>>80832033
See, that's exactly what I want to avoid. It seems going in as a ranger before SF would be the better option.

However, I'm more interested in the "hearts and minds/training" aspect of the Berets than I am the "kick down doors in the middle of the night" attitude of the Rangers.

Could you give me some insight into the culture around the Rangers and the general idea of what I'd be doing?
>>
>>80825072
>That's not what they're looking for. If you can nail down mandarin that's a huge plus, but it's still not gonna get you through selection. You need to live in the gym.
Honest question because I doubt this a little bit: why is Mandarin a plus in Army SF? Considering the dynamic between U.S. and China, military confrontation is more on a strategic level than on the ground. I would think Mandarin, like Russian, is definitely a plus in CIA, DIA, or the other agencies, but Special Forces is far more concerned with guerilla type stuff, foreign internal defense, and training/mentoring in active or potential conflict zones, on top of the traditional DA/SR/CT missions. As a result the languages probably most valued are Arabic and dialects, Swahili and dialects, Urdu, Pashto, etc. In the past Spanish was gold for SF, but this has waned considerably. Can you shed light on why Mandarin is valued by SF if you have such insight?
>>
>>80832495
All depends on where you get assigned, but you are correct in thinking that you'll do more doorkicking as a Ranger than on an ODA. SF teams are generally focused on nation building.

For example, Rangers and/or line infantry coy will assault a town and clear out the bad guys. SF then rolls into town, makes themselves known and try to figure out who the key players are, determine what the needs of that region are and attempt to train opposition forces and oversee the development of infrastructure. Don't worry, if deployed in a combat zone you'll still see PLENTY of trigger time as you're basically rolling around with a bullseye on your back trying to lure out insurgents half of the time.

If I were to do it all over, I'd still go SF, but being a Ranger is more fun if you're just looking to do high speed low drag shit. Still glad I went SF as my 18E experience was critical in landing a real job once I retired from the Army
>>
>>80828243
Do you have any experience with Clearance Divers? That's my goal. Going in as a boatswain (I know, painting and chipping), and then if all goes to plan I'll do that for about 18 months then give the CD course a red hot go when the opportunity arises.

I'm pretty fit - can run like 10kms, 18 pull ups, 70 push ups, 100 sit ups, and I'm very confident in the ocean although I need to work on my swimming endurance.
>>
>>80833156
pro-tip mate, just go straight in as a CD. No point doing 6 years as a bm then switching to a cd. EW for 4 years here.
>>
>>80828617 Hey man, if you could give any relevant info to me about the CDs that would be good, I'm this guy >>80833156
>>
>>80833296
>>80833272

All the info is on the dfr website. Majority of your time will be behind a computer writing up spreadsheets unless you have training to do.
>>
>>80833272
I've read on other forums (ausmilitary) that BM is not a bad rate to go if you want to be a CD because they have so many people signing up as BMs they they are pretty willing to let you go for a CD before your IMPS is up. Is this not true?
>>
>>80832938
My ultimate goal is to work for either the FBI or CIA. However, I don't think I can really make that Goal considering how little I know about them and what it is they do on a global/domestic scale.

Special forces experience would be to help me better ascertain what it means to be covert, and to work with and train foreigners.

I don't feel blowing shit up in the Rangers would prepare me for anything other than discipline, firearm proefficiency, and general military experience.

I could be totally wrong, but this is my understanding. Please clarify the major reason I would want to join the Rangers to reach this goal.
>>
>>80833447
Kek you go on those fake forums? That shit gets debunked in your first couple of weeks at cerberus. Bms are alright if you like kicking shit, if you already have the smarts and fitness to get in just go straight in as a CD, your biggest problem of going in as a BM is having to do your 6 years before you can switch. You also gotta remember that BMs do fuck all compared to CD's so if you want to do something before becoming a CD I'd recommend becoming a PT.
>>
>>80827558
Pretty reasonable advice,pretty much your smartest way of doing it.
>>
>>80833716
I've read a lot of shit on them to be honest. You reckon they are fake - full of DFR or something? A lot of the posts don't make the ADF seem that appealing so I don't see what they would gain from it.

Is it hard to become a PT? I'd definitely be keen to do that, it'd be great if you could get a qualification from it too so you could pick up work at gyms and stuff in the outside world.

Hope you don't mind me asking but I take it you failed at some part of the CD training, what happened?
>>
>itt bunch of losers telling OP to quit

OP if you listen to these faggots you should allready quit gong for the green beret.

The only thing you should know about joining the green beret is to think about it. You have to do anything to get it. That is your dream, your goal, your only will force to continue.

Or you get the green beret or you die. That is how you should focus on it. That should be the only force ot keep you going.

Now stop asking questions and RESEARCH AND MOVE YOUR ASS!
>>
>>80834027
Yeah those forums are full of shit, ask you Div chief when you get to Cerberus about them, he'll have a few stories about them.

PT's are easy as piss unless you're the fattest cunt in your division. All you really need to know is the rules to sports and basic human anatomy and you'll be fine.

I didn't get into the CD course because when i joined there were no spots available. CD is one of the most sought after positions so out of the thousands of people who go for it, only 80-100 people a year will be chosen and from that selection only 40-60 will pass. So when i was told there was no spots left i said fuck it and became a EW.

But seriously, you will hear this alot but use the resources on the dfr website. It literally has everything about the job you want to do (minus the whole sitting around writing up spreadsheets).
>>
>>80824577

That may be one of my goals too, but I'm a bit afraid of the slavery that joining the army is.

Green Berets are the most based unit in my eyes, for what they do.

You get to become a killing machine but unlike faggot SEALs you get to train and know foreigners, become a public relations of sorts, learn about foreign cultures and travel a fucking lot.

Green Berets are the most based dudes
>>
>>80834272

>Stop asking questions
>Research

I get what you're saying, I can't think about defeat or quitting. Don't worry, I'm not. It's not a matter of if, only when, and the different ways of going about it.
>>
>>80824843

FFL is "special" but not SOF.

It is equivalent to the american Marines, the unit serves the same purpose
>>
>>80834272

The Special Forces meme is real and you'll always get a bunch of faggots that think they're tougher than tough and "wisely" advise OP to quit.

That's pathetic but normal.

I dont think a single Green Beret or other SF in the world has become SF by following the advice of these internet commandos.

In fact if OP meets any SF person in real life he'll see they're quite encouraging.
>>
>>80827678

Go to the Professional Soldiers forum and lurk around.

It's a forum for retired american GBs.
>>
>>80834787
I have, and it's a mixed bag. It's all about how they see you. If they think you're a sniveling piece of shot that's played too much call of duty, they'll straight up tell you. But if they think you've got what it takes, they won't lie to you.

SF will only discourage you from tier one, because you either have to be determined or crazy enough to go through with training after a veteran told you it isn't worth it, which is exactly what they want: commitment.
>>
>>80834429
Alright man, well thanks for the genuine info. It's hard to find. I got heaps of mates from high school in the Army but not many in the Navy.

If you really were committed to becoming a CD what would be the best way to go other than direct entry? Finish your IMPS and get fit as fuck during that time and then just wait for an opportunity?

Don't really want to do DE because I know the wait could be a couple of years and I really just want to get into the Navy ASAP.
>>
>>80824577
You get to hunt down escaped chimeras and you don't afraid of anything.
>>
>>80834610
let me give you one simple advice.

don't think about how to do it, think about when you will make it happen.
those are two different approaches. It explains enough of your state of mind.

a quiter thinks about possibilities to achieve something. a winner thinks about when he will achieve it.
>>
File: RFiJNyN.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
RFiJNyN.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>Joining the military
>>
>>80835051
Besides waiting the six years after you complete your first rate there really isn't any other way to become a CD unless its under special consideration which only happens once in a blue moon.
>>
>>80835992

This is what's stopping me.

It's slavery.

I'm unsure if working towards earning a fuckload of money isnt more worth it than enlisting.

You can always pay for advanced military training with money
>>
>>80833599
CIA is contract work. Go into it become a Ranger, if you like it go SF, talk to guys from Blackwater if you're good shit they will let you know, netwotk in there and you are guaranteed to find that CIA contract wet dream that you think you really want.

Just know you won't be set up for any espionage shenanigans after the military grind through.

Tripwire are also good guys to talk to if you want contract work like protecting people or w.e for 150k+ a year in shitholes like venezuela.
>>
>>80838408
I'm more interested in becoming a paramilitary officer than doing contract work. From my understanding, the position is that of a clandestine green beret-esc operative that specializes in the management of intelligence in the name of the CIA in junction with Green Berets, Delta, and/or whoever else may be involved.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.