[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women in the Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 47
File: motivated.jpg (242 KB, 989x676) Image search: [Google]
motivated.jpg
242 KB, 989x676
I made the decision to join the Navy today, and started doing some research on stuff like uniform insignias, benefits, etc. When I looked for articles describing basic training, however, I found this. Thoughts?
>>
>>80556336
>>80556336
Are you trying to verify something about what she said?
In the army, you can only get promoted (past E4) basically if theres an opening.
In the navy you only have to pass tests.
>>
>>80556336
What questions do you have, OP?
Navy basic training is a fucking joke.
She's probably going to be a whore.
You make rank quicker if you have a little philipino in you.
What do you want to do?
>>
>>80556530
Not quite, you make E-1-3 with time in, you can literally make E-3 in bootcamp as long as you're in shape and have a very nominal amount of military knowledge.
E-4 and up is eval and test based.
>>
>>80556530
No. The point is, she talked about having more motivation than male recruits and women never having to face combat in the same paragraph.
>>
File: readImage.jpg (65 KB, 620x547) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
65 KB, 620x547
>mfw a female plans on passing BUD/S!
>50% men fail, and they're STAR ATHLETES!
>>
Dont join the Navy if you dislike the ocean.
>>
>>80556755
You've got to be incredibly retarded to never make E4, which is the terminal lance, before finishing your first four years though.

Also
>Eval and test based
Cutting scores are fucking retarded, don't fall for this stupid fucking meme
>>
>>80556821
Not true, almost every female I have met has zero drive. Females are dirt bags and I hate 98 percent of them.
You're likely to encounter the best guys who are in the fields who get closest to combat like greenside HMs, GMs and special warfare.
Honestly my biggest regret joining the navy was that it wasn't the army that I had joined instead.
>>80556945
and this
>>
>>80557035
Some rates its a bit harder, HMs have like a 12 percent advancement rate.
I'm picking up though, but overall yeah you do have to be fucking retarded not to make third anywhere else.
>>
>>80556949
I actually had a guy on my last boat, who DID NOT KNOW he joined the navy, until his orders came down at the end of boot camp.
Some dumbass PR from NYC.
>>
>>80556651
My questions are:
>What is it really like, since all I've read has been sprinkled with bullshit motivational phrases?
>Does it change your character for better or worse?
>What's the pay like?
>>80556755
I'll probably only make E-2 at best at BC, then. I'm new to military trappings.
>>80556949
I love the ocean.
>>
>>80557039
What makes the Army more appealing to you, personally, than the Navy?
>>
File: navy.jpg (74 KB, 720x895) Image search: [Google]
navy.jpg
74 KB, 720x895
>>80557238
Please explain further
>>80557334
The pay is honestly alright, as long as you aren't an idiot with your money. Don't buy shit you cant afford, but just know most of your costs are covered.
I'd say its honestly changed it for the better, I'm a lot more patient with idiots, but at the same time less tolerant with them.
For me its just a job since I work at a hospital to be honest, but I do take pride of what I do and do my best to volunteer and take collateral duties for my department/command.
Making E-2 in bootcamp is alright, to be fairly honest. If you've got nothing better to do you can make it in DEP and then get E-3 in bootcamp.
What do YOU want to do in the Navy, OP.
>>80557508
Just a bit more pride, but also I really have an interest in armored warfare and army history, but also really wanted to be an HM. I'll likely switch over when I can though to get into armor. Just in general I feel like the navy attracts a lot of the wrong people into the military (less so than the army) the navy and airforce thought to be the safer, easier options attract a lot of people who do it for school, or just for a job with free shit and that pisses me off every time I meet one of them.
>>80557334
>>80557508
Also navy senior enlisted leadership tends to be shit. Authority in rank/Respect to the rank goes up really disproportionately past E-5,E-6 and to E-7.
>>
>>80557990
I'll give you an explanation of my what I mean to do. One moment.
>>
>>80556755
Army has a point system for ranks.
If theres too many e5's in your mos, the points are maxed and you basically have to do everything in order to qualify- which is sometimes literally impossible.
If theres a shortage of e5's for your mos, points are low and all you have to do is show up to the board and you're in.
>>80556821
Navy is pretty lazy, so she's probably correct on that.
But old news for the combat thing, military is now equal kill zone for all combat jobs, so that part is wrong.
>>
>>80557990
Just what I said. When this clown got to the ship, he told us, he was stunned to find out he was in the navy. He thought he had joined the army.
I'm assuming from his low IQ, and propensity to get into trouble, he was most likely ORDERED to join by some judge, to get out of a lengthy jail sentence.
He eventually got kicked out, < than a year later.
>>
Im thinking of trying to attend the naval academy and enlisting as an ensign, that any giod?
>>
>>80557990
I had one good friend in the world. I let him in 2002, when I moved to his town. Hick place, didn't fit in with the redneck majority. Mikel found out I was into the Lord of the Rings stuff, so we bonded pretty quickly. He was always the good guy, and I was always fucking up. He would loan me books my parents couldn't afford, then just tell me to keep him. Didn't smoke, drink, or curse, went to church all the time. He told me he was joining the Navy in 2007, and I told him I was moving to New York. We both left home. One afternoon in May 2008, I got a call from him. His speech was slurred, oftentimes incoherent, but he was telling me he was afraid of the Valium the medical staff on board the Wasp had given him for his seizures. A few days later, my fiancee told me he died in his sleep.
Now, I consider how much time has passed, look at how shitty things are, and how directionless I still am. I wonder what he'd think about my efforts in life so far. Today, I just decided it was time to do something to turn things around, and I was going to finish where he left off to do so in his honor. I don't mind having to face combat, and I've been through several cases of prolonged physical conditioning. The life I'm living now is absolutely pointless.
>>
>>80558750
Guess the joke's on her, then.

>Typos abound; on new phone with auto-correct. Sorry, all.
>>
>>80558902
Academy = commissioning as an officer, not enlisting.
And to get into Annapolis, you'll have to be a Tier 1 student, and an athlete.
Naval academy is HEAVY on math and sciences. It's basically an engineering school.
>>
>>80559168
I was prepared to attend Uni of Illinois in mech engineering, in which its one of the best, so no issue. Easy to rise up after being commissioned?
>>
File: matricule728.jpg (162 KB, 641x427) Image search: [Google]
matricule728.jpg
162 KB, 641x427
>>80556945

I'm sure some very, very rare women who just happen to have the physique, mindset and desire to join the military can do it.

Someone like this fine girl. Well known here for being an especially brutish police officer. She beats up artists and homeless and criminals alike. As you can see, she's also huge and quite manish.

This is the sort of "girl" I'm sure would be fine to have in the military. No risk of sexual misconduct either.
>>
>>80556336
Don't. I'm Fucked up for life after the Navy. My cousin was a ranger in the gulf war and later became a jag. We're both alcoholics now.
>>
From an Army perspective (people have told me the Navy is easier, the Marines is harder, etc.) you're just going follow instructions.

Up until you get your actual post.

Depending on what you're doing, if you're in combat, etc. You're either going to have a job and it's going to feel like a job, or you're going to be shooting the shit with other soldiers for the next few years.

My MoS was Aircraft Structural Repair.
Which means I repair aircraft chassis, and basically nothing else. Nothing to do with engines or wiring or anything like that, that's a separate MoS.

Anyways, I got my requested post, which was in Korea, meaning there was no combat in which aircraft could be damaged, and if anything ever went haywire inside a helicopter or something, it wasn't my deal because I just handled the outside metal.

So, I sat on a base for 6 years and got paid to become an alcoholic.
>>
File: 1465505467273.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1465505467273.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>80558904
>The life I'm living now is absolutely pointless.
This is why I think I want to be a police officer. I don't know for sure, but I have time to choose.
>>
>>80559568
I'm already an alcoholic, so it evens out.
>>
>>80558902
You'll commission. Going in the academy is very competitive. I didn't have the aptitude in it but highschool me didn't really care.
>>80558904
My sincerest condolences to your friend.
I see what you mean, I mean I can't say the navy won't give you direction, but that direction might not be one you choose.
I wouldn't just limit yourself to the Navy, try and find a field in the military you really have an interest in. I'm a corpsman (medic in the navy), and can tell you just from some of the fuckheads I know that what happened to your friend is rare but does occur because the navy does attract a lot of uneducated fuckheads.
Try and find a field you want to do where you can find meaning and drive. Be involved with your life.
>>80559379
>Easy to rise up after being commissioned?
Thats such a broad question but the short answer is no. Making O-2 is through time anyway.
>>
>>80556336
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>80556336

She's not ever going to be special forces. Ever. I'll be surprised if she winds up making petty officer before she gets out.
>>
>>80559656
Sounds breddy gud either way. Are jobs issued based on prioritizing individual people's strengths? Like, some numbers with retard strength gets stuck with shoveling shit, while the more intelligent, frail guys get stuck in control rooms?>>80559657
I literally prefer the military over being a cop these days. I don't have the temperament to deal with the shit they deal with. Godspeed if you do, anon, we need all the help we can get.
>>
>>80559865
Thank you. I have some medical training as a CNA, and I study botany a lot. I'm not entirely sure how that would translate to sea combat, but I wouldn't be averse to flying a plane/jet, either.
>>
>>80560108
>Are jobs issued based on prioritizing individual people's strengths?
No, not unless you join undesignated. You choose from a list of jobs given at MEPS.
I'm worried you might be a bit uninformed, OP.
>>
>>80559865
Im confused as to what it means to commission as an ensign. Does it mean I join the navy, become an ensign and do ensign things? Does it mean I join the navy, do regular things, but if everything goes well become an ensign rapidly?

Though its a little childish, I was thinking of being stationed around Japan, I grew up around a japanese part of the family and as such, can speak pretty good japanese, could you request where to go in the navy? Even if i did get there, would I be circling it on a boat, or on land for most of the time?
>>
>>80559379
That depends. You do have to be ambitious, and as sad as it sounds, there is politics and brown nosing involved.
It's not right, and has no place in the military, but that's the fact.
If you go for a BSME, either at Annapolis, or through ROTC, whatever, you'll end up in main propulsion. You'll start out as a division officer, and after you get all the qual's needed, and IF you stay in after your initial requirement, you'll move up to Dept. Head.
The problem with officers is, the navy likes them to be well rounded, meaning you'll have to some time in OPS(operations), CS(combat systems) etc.
IF you choose to get out after 5 years, you'll have a BSME, 5 years practical experience, and 5 years of mngmt. expericnce
>>
>>80560108

I'm pretty sure the test is the same for every, the ASVAB, PICAT, all that.

It's individual sections of multiple choice questions (math, science, reading, word definitions, mechanical, logic-esque shape puzzles) and they all have their own score which gets added together or averaged out to the final score.

Don't worry about this test at all, I don't know if the minimum score needed is different per branch, but I believe my recruiter said the lowest score you could get was a 32, and I got an 86 even though I essentially guessed on all the math problems Another dude I went in with got a fucking 15, and the average score for other people I talked to was in the 40--50 range.

You'll get a paper that tells you what you scored in each category, which is important because that will determine what MoSs you can choose from.

But than in itself is misleading. Like, I got 30 choices. Based on the way I scored, several were in engineering fields, a few were medical.

What that won't tell you is, if you scored decently, or high, you're then CUT OFF from "lower tier" jobs.

You want to be cook and you scored above a 60? No chance. You're going to be a technician or a repairman and you're just going to have to accept that. That's something I didn't know at the time, but wish I had. I was kind of thinking about become a supply man or something of that nature, but I scored too high for it.

But generally speaking, if you don't know what you want to do, but you know it isn't infantry, you'll have a wealth of options unless you're a dummy, in which case you'll most likely be infantry.
>>
>>80560341
That's why I'm asking questions now. I realize the importance of protocol in the military, at least; no problems with taking orders (unless it's "Shoot those Americans!"), not particularly picky about jobs. I've done dogshit labor and register work, alike, and smiled about it. I intend to speak with a recruiter about the jobs thing, but wanted more personal, detailed answers from /pol/, since this is where I get most of my military knowledge from.
>>
>>80560969
join the air force instead
>>
>>80556336
>I made the decision to join the Navy today,
how many dicks an hour can you suck?
>>
>>80561086

The airforce is almost as much of a joke as the coast guard, man.
It's got the highest number of women and the least intensive training.

You might as well just go to college.
>>
File: le laughing face man.jpg (45 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
le laughing face man.jpg
45 KB, 600x477
some women are suing the M.O.D over here because they hurt themselves marching
>>
>>80560324
Most Corpsmen honestly don't get ship billets unless you're an IDC (independent duty corpsman) or a female. You'd likely get field training and go with the marines after training or after your first rotation at a military hospital.

There are literally zero enlisted sailors who pilot aircraft. You could be part of an aircrew, but in order to be an aviator you must have a degree, get accepted into OCS, and aviation school which is extremely competitive. Do you like construction?
>>80560365
Ensign is a rank, O-1 its the starting point for all newly commissioned officers. You become an ensign after completing college through ROTC or getting your bachelors degree at the navy academy. Alternatively if you're enlisted you can request to go to OCS if you have a bachelor's degree (or higher).
Yes in the Navy, you can request where you want to stationed. They won't always be honored but you can still put your name out there. Chances are good if you want to stay overseas because a lot of sailors don't. There are several ships who's home ports are in Yokuska, Japan. (Which means they are docked there when not on deployments). There are also air stations and other shit going on there. You could also go to okinawa.
Going to japan is kind of shitty right now because all liberty (leaving base) is restricted indefinitely as is alcohol consumption.
The military is basically a 9-5 when you're not on deployments or doing field training.
Whether you'll be on a ship is entirely on your job and command. Most of the sailors I know have never been stationed on a ship (this is because I'm a corpsman and most go to the marines as medics or to naval hospitals).
You should honestly only be an officer if you feel like you're apt to lead. Remember many of the dudes that you'll be in charge of are enlisted and have several more years of experience than you (who wont respect you unless you are good), and then there are the younger enlisted dudes who need your leadership.
>>
>>80560784
I'll be a tech or repairman, then. When I took the GED, I hadn't stepped foot in a classroom in almost a decade, had three hours of sleep, half-drunk, never studied, last in, first out, perfect 99 in two subjects. Math was abysmal, though. I'm comfortable as a tech or repairman.
>>
File: IMG_0148.jpg (186 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.jpg
186 KB, 491x713
>>80561297
>GED
>>
>>80561249
I love construction. My dad taught me growing up. It's honest work, at least, and it's familiar.
>>
>>80559447
I know a few former Navy SEALs and they have a lot in common with each other that the dyke in your pic does not.

They were in marathon runner condition when they passed BUDS. They weren't anything like the guys from Predator.

They're leaders. Captains of football teams, the guys that make girls slide off their gooey chairs. That's them.

They all solve problems. One is in IT; designs computer systems for big data or w/e. Another Director of Business Intelligence. Again, something with computers. The third guy is a mechanic, but, hey, mechanics solve problems too.
>>
File: english rose.jpg (128 KB, 487x750) Image search: [Google]
english rose.jpg
128 KB, 487x750
lel im in this group on fb for soon-to-be ADF recruits and some half abo bitch the other day was saying how she got accepted as a clearance diver in RAN and was waiting to start her training. training for CDs in RAN is legit the hardest training in the whole ADF

western militaries are so keen to get women into the special forces just to be pc man its fucked
>>
>>80561396
>Trying this hard
(You)
Run along, now.
>>
>>80561297

Yeah, I was the same.
I went into the Army at 22, after four years of not going to college, and working shit retail jobs.

I'm pretty sure any tech/engineering MoS training will be around 15 weeks, though (mine was). And that's on top of basic training.

That kind of MoS training isn't anywhere near as physical as boot camp, of course.
>>
>>80561558
is there ever a legitimate reason not to complete high school in US? the poorer the region the easier it is to pass it
>>
>>80560969
>>80561086
>>80561233
Please never join the airforce. I work at a joint base and have met maybe about 4 respectable airmen.
>>80560969
Like I said the Navy can be a great place if you love what you do. Most sailor's can't say that. I enjoy what I do, even though its not what I originally intended. If you can take pride in your work and you don't mind putting yourself out to distinguish yourself among the other junior enlisted.
Maybe consider not getting your info here though, OP. Try browsing /k/, they have military enlistment threads but they're prettty shitty. There are also several online forums and even pages on facebook that have better advice than anyone here.
>>80561297
>>80561474
>I love construction
Check out the Seabees then, they're a great bunch. Over manned rate so advancement kind of sucks, but if you do love what you do then you will have the drive to succeed.

Though you may need a waiver for that GED. Its not disqualifying but the navy is overmanned and so sailors with GEDs tend to get the shit end of the stick.
Consider looking into the Seabees, SH, GM, and FC rates I think you'll like those.
>>80561508
Honestly I think the closer you get to combat arms jobs in the military you find the more outstanding individuals, and then you see all the shitbags and human refuse who choose occupations like in the cooking, quartermastery and supply fields.
>>
File: l-1126.jpg (102 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
l-1126.jpg
102 KB, 700x525
>>80561086
>>
>>80556336
>women can't be in combat roles
>imma be a SEAL

How stupid can one get?
>>
>>80561838
>>80561885
>Please never join the airforce
we're full anyway
>>
>>80561961
Full of nu-males and pussies
>>
File: 1468071493167.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1468071493167.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>80562209
>>
>>80562209

When I went through MEPS 90% of the airforce people were 18-19 year old girls.

At least most of the navy girls looked like some bad ghetto bitches, but the airforce girls bordered on looking like emo kids and hipsters.
>>
>>80561234
>>80561516
I figured there'd be more than one horror story about muh equality in this thread. Was not disappointed.
>>80561712
Sure is: It was a waste of my fucking time. Hence why I was able to condense 4 years of Jewish lies and history revisionism into roughly an hour, taking a test that's arguably more difficult than final exams. If you want anymore attention, you'll have to leave the basement and get it from your mom.
>>80561838
I already know about the Air Force's reputation. Didn't even halfway consider it. As for the bits on /k/, Seabees, etc., thanks. I'll look into that.
>>
>>80562356
>Sure is: It was a waste of my fucking time. Hence why I was able to condense 4 years of Jewish lies and history revisionism into roughly an hour, taking a test that's arguably more difficult than final exams. If you want anymore attention, you'll have to leave the basement and get it from your mom.

You do understand a GDE is nowhere even close to being equivalent to a high school diploma?
>>
>>80562356
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JgqePjhgfg
I think you should definitely look into the seabees.
One of the other more respectable parts of the navy.
>>80562337
Don't disagree with you about navy bitches being nasty. But I also didn't join the military to fuck nasty bitches or be surrounded by them in the airforce. That said I the most attractive girls I see are in the army, and I work at a base with all the branches.
>>
>>80562640

Yeah, there was a cute blasian girl on my base, but she was regularly getting turned inside out by 2--3 dudes every once and a while (a couple of times I even partook).

I wouldn't suggest anyone ever get with an enlisted girl, they usually have problems, if not before they signed-up, then after, after being surrounded by mostly dudes for years on end.
>>
>>80556336
Dont join the Navy bro, just go to College or get a Trade its not worth it.
>>
>>80562640
That shit sounds heroic af, man. They obviously take a good measure of pride in what they do, which you mentioned was important. That's the kind of stuff I find most appealing. They give a shit. It helps that they have a history and microculture of their own.
>>
>>80562356
soldiery is mans work. it always has been and it always will be.
>>
>>80563359
I'm sure actual combat will show these silly cunts a lot more than anyone could tell them. If one of them can hack it, great, but that certainly doesn't mean the majority of them can. That's just being unreasonable.
>>
I got in the 92nd percentile for my ASVABs, I'm moderately in shape and I've been mulling over the decision to enlist with recruiters leaving me a message every week.

Army or Navy?
>>
>>80563283
They really do, thats why I tend to appreciate those who stay closer to the front lines. They build a culture of heroism, and violence. The ones who are cooks, and logistics have their culture of doing civilian jobs.
>>80564161
What do you want to do? Honestly thats what really matters in the military because you make the same.
>>
>>80564285

I don't know. I'm pretty directionless. Hence, asking a bunch of strangers what I should do with an important life decision.

I've always been good with technology, math and science.

Blowing shit up, or piloting drones might be coo'.
>>
>>80564161

It depends on what you want from the military.
If you want the classic bro-tier, non-PC experience of being able to sit around with dudes and talk about the foreign pussy you just slammed, or be racist or talk shit, that's easier to do in the Army. Less women, less easy.

But the Navy is cool, too, I've known a lot of great sailors. It's just a slightly more politically correct branch.

That's the main difference, aside from the overall more sea-focused bent of the Navy, which isn't to say that you can't join the Navy and end up being a sniper or a medic stationed in the desert mountains of Afghanistan with Marines or something.
>>
>>80564161
>Not even considering the Air Force, the branch which is a hundred times more likely to give you an actual marketable skill, the best bases, best quality of life, best deployments and TDYs
>If you're too stupid to realize this, you're probably to fucking stupid to even be in the AF anyway
Nevermind, carry on. Please become a fucking blueberry faggot sailor or a piece of hur-dur cannon fodder
>>
>>80564798

>marketable skill

Like what?
All the MoS's that have literal equivalents in every other branch, but with higher standards of training?

You can be an engineer, a technician, a psychologist, whatever, in every branch, the only difference is the standards to which you must rise, and the Airforce literally has the lowest standards for all their shit.
>>
>>80564469
Ew, don't do drones, nobody will respect you. Even yourself.
Consider Field Artillery, or being a forward observer.
>>80564798
Shut up AFaggot
>>
>>80564798

I have shit vision, and I'd rather go into the Navy and become an engineer if I'm looking for a long-lasting career/job skills.

>>80564587

So, just grunt work? Kinda sucks, was hoping with that score I wouldn't have to hump ammo mags. I kinda wanted to taker it again when they said I was one off from the highest tier, but the mechanical portion bogged me down too much.

One recruiter gave me a spiel about how I could enlist to be a nuclear engineer, but it reeked of bullshit anyways.
>>
>>80564798
>Why would you not rather be a pussy
This isn't about being comfy. It's about being a part of a military.
>>
File: AnAt8wQ.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
AnAt8wQ.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
>>80564798
>chair force
>military

Pick one, faggot. I worked in naval electronic warfare and cryptology for six years, and it set me up to get my ME degree, which turned into an aerospace career. Fuck of with your day camp bullshit, pussy, and leave the military talk to soldiers, sailors, and marines.

OP, you do god's work joining the finest navy on earth. Fair winds and following seas, shipmate.
>>
>>80565168
Of course every branch has some similar MOSs. However, you go Army, you're liable to get dumped into infantry or some shit. They don't give a fuck about developing you as a person. The Air Force has a very small operational side, which is good if you don't want to have your only skill be "good at shooting gunz lol"

>>80565176
Good one. Army, I'm guessing? How much do you hate your life as a know-nothing grunt? Or did they kick you out after you did your 4 years, after you broke your body, for peanuts?
>>
>>80556336

>Navy

drowning for Israel
>>
File: 1467231347851.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1467231347851.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>80565291
Feels good, man. This is the most I've anticipated anything for a long time.
>>
>>80565182

No, no, that's not what I meant.
You can do essentially whatever you want with a high score in either branch, I just meant the quality of day-to-day life, which trumps most jobs you'll get, because in a non-combat post, if you're any kind of tech or engineer, you're not going to be doing anything related to your job most days, because shit isn't getting fucked up, and you're just going to be hanging around with everyone else on base.

If you are a "grunt" you'd most likely get sent somewhere shitty, like into combat, or into New Jersey.

Scoring high and getting a technical or "rare" MoS in terms of how many there are is the best way to ensure your requested posting is where you'l end up, and most people request places that seem interesting to them for superficial reasons (Asian/Europe) and at that point you're just there with your brothers aside from the occasional day off to fuck up the local city and get trashed.

Your free time, which you would have a lot of, you'd spend playing football or getting a tan or playing playstation or something.

Unless you pick the Navy and end up on a boat, idk how that goes. Probably the same, but without getting to leave on your off time.
>>
File: averageamericansoldier.jpg (58 KB, 500x590) Image search: [Google]
averageamericansoldier.jpg
58 KB, 500x590
Since there seems to be some military bros in this thread, I'd like to ask several shitty, vague questions of you guys.

I'm 19 and going to graduate with a BBA in about year, and was planning on joining the armed forces, probably Marines or Army. I'm in half-decent shape strength wise, but my cardio is a little rough(I can only run about a mile before I feel like dying).

How well would I fare in boot camp, and would I have any chance of making it into special forces? Also, what exactly are the career options like in the military if you're pursuing a combat position? Would I likely just eat a bullet after 5 years or so?

Again, sorry for the vague questions, but I don't have a lot of info on the military besides what those faggot recruiters babble about even though I'm interested.
>>
>>80565759

>leaf

As to be expected.
>>
>>80565182
Honestly, being a nuke in the navy is one of the least bullshit things as far as enlisting into it.
Its like 2 years of difficult schooling, and shit duty but you actually do get certs from it. Probably one of the shittiest jobs though.

DESU marketable skills in the military are a meme. I can give medications, narcotics, start invasive devices, even assist in surgery and am trained as an EMT but have zero certificates. It would just be an edge after I get out and IF I decide to continue medicine.
>>80565182
Grunt work isn't so bad, as the saying goes: Embrace the suck. You'll deal with some of the shittiest times but with the best people.
>>80565625
Navy, but I love what I do, especially since I don't turn knobs on aircraft in air conditioned hangars.
>>
This was more than likely written by a man for fun.
>>
>>80565625

>get dumped into infantry

Literally the only way to get into infantry is to request it enough times or to score so trash on the ASVAB that you can't do anything else.

Do you think the hundreds of Army bases around the world are filled with thousands of infantrymen? In like, Italy? Or Japan?

We're only fighting a war in one region of the world, and the Army is also in every other region.
>>
>>80565242
>To truly have been in the military, you need to break your body
Nice meme, dipshit. Enjoy your sub-100 IQ

>>80565291
>Chair force
Wow, so original
I'm not done laughing over how you think you're so hardcore because you were enlisted (lel) in the fucking Navy as, essentially, a computer geek. You have NO place to make fun of the Air Force.

This thread... kek
>>
>>80566073
I sure hope so.
>>
>>80565759
>leaf
>knowing anything about a military

>>80565804
It should feel that way. You're joining the oldest fighting force in the country, and it will set you up for life if you do it right. I haven't read these whole thread, did you say what you'll be doing?

If you have any questions that are unanswered, let me know. I served 03-09, so it's been a minute, but I'm happy to share my stories and tell you what I know.
>>
>>80565920

Boot camp is 9 1/2 weeks for the Army, less for the Navy.

They work your ass hard the whole time, and do the physical tests at the end. People go in fat as fuck and/or lazy as shit and come out the other side fine.

And now recruiters (at least for the Army) do a mandatory weekly training session with recruits once all the MEPS shit is said and done and the only thing between the recruit and boot camp is a few weeks/months. In that training they make you do the sit-ups, push-ups, and the running (which is what you'll be "tested" on at the end of Basic), which is great for nothing else if not showing you what you'll need to be able to do.

Also if you end up seeing a ton of combat, you can make serious bank once you're out doing private security work. But that's also darker shit.
>>
File: legless cuck.jpg (208 KB, 548x1272) Image search: [Google]
legless cuck.jpg
208 KB, 548x1272
>>80556336
>I made the decision to join the Navy today

Why would you defend a feminist shithole like America?
>>
>>80566094
Buddy in college had a 3.9 in astrophysics, got non-vol'd to infantry. An anecdote, but still. If not infantry, it's some other worthless MOS... supply, vehicle ops, etc etc.
>>
>>80556336
Just because you don't have anyone to make sandwiches for, doesn't mean you're fit for the navy.
>Stop being a faggot and find a husband
>>
>>80565920
Definitely work on your cardio because all of the fitness tests require you run well over a mile, except airforce. Be sure to focus on your general shape too.
Don't go marines though (unless you really really want to), you don't get a say in what you do, and advancement sucks. Also the marines don't have a lot of special forces. To be in special forces you need to be a top tier athlete, not like a body builder but someone who can run, swim and carry shit for miles and days. Also strong leadership traits are pretty important. While injury is possible no matter what field you choose, death is pretty unlikely. If you're overly concerned about being a casualty though I wouldn't be. Especially if you're infantry or SF, because then you'll have other guys to help you too.
But yeah bootcamp is honestly the easiest part of being in the military. Graduating bootcamp is like the equivalent of an xbox achievement.
>>
>>80565848

Alright, fair enough. Thanks for taking the time to type all that out.

I'll mull it over, talk to some of the personnel in the family and get their opinions too. Giving myself till the end of the month.
>>
>>80565920

If you can only run a mile you have no hope for making special forces. Work on that. I was running 4-5 miles per day 5-6 days a week going into boot camp.

Also, if you are dead set on seeing combat, consider the French Foreign Legion. The U.S. military is not going to see widescale combat again for quite a while, so unless you actually do make it into spec ops you are going to do nothing but train for 4 years and never get to put that training into practical effect, which will frustrating as hell, believe me. The FFL is always deployed to Africa fixing some shitty situation that the nigs get themselves into. The FFL is your best bet for actually seeing combat these days. Also, they still ban women.
>>
>>80566588
Air Force and Navy have practically identical fitness tests. 1.5 miles of running for both. Army (last I checked) is 2 mi. Marines 3.

Don't listen to people who don't fucking know what they're talking about, OP.
>>
Navy bro, is there a way I could get in as an asthmatic? I have it under control and it hasn't bothered me for years but I heard is a dis qualifier but I hear that people with asthma enlist all the time.
>>
>>80566542

I wanted to be supply, senpai, but I scored too high and couldn't.

You have to fuck up to get forced into an MoS against your will. Sounds like he must've failed secondary training and then been at the mercy of "The Needs of the Army".
>>
>>80566189
Lol, jesus christ, you sound like the biggest pussy alive.
>but muh broken bawdy
>but muh superior intellects
Literally no one here is buying that shit. If you were half as intelligent as you're trying to convey, you'd have known better than to admit which branch you're in. Air Force's rep is so terrible, even total civilians know to avoid you faggots. You should go to /po/, I hear they like fragile little white things.
>>
>>80566189
Unlike you wannabe faggots, we actually deploy to do our jobs. You might as well have played CoD for all the actual "military experience" you got. Rather than picking the easy, comfy branch to get some bennies after 4 years of camp, the real men work hard and earn their stripes.

You wouldn't last a week on a carrier, let alone a deployment. Like I said, let the men talk ITT, you have no place here.
>>
>>80566759
> asthma sufferer here.

Don't mention it to ANYONE.
It's best that way if you really want to get it. Had my doc at meps say is it really a problem with that face saying 'tell me its not a problem and your good to go sonny
>>
>>80566759

If you can get a doctor's note stating that your asthma was a childhood problem and you currently exhibit no signs of it, you'll be fine.

However, that's one of those things that if you mention it to your recruiters, they'll either tell you to lie about (which can get shady as fuck) or they'll tell you what I told you about the doctor's note thing and that'll postpone everything by weeks or a month at least.

I have no idea how medical records work, though, so I won't tell you to never mention it and then have it come back to bite you at MEPS if they can somehow dig up that medical record or however it works.
>>
>>80566759
Honestly I couldn't tell you a sure answer to be honest, but I'm fairly certain they can waive it. If its not a chronic issue though you have *never* had it before like >>80566969 said.
Just know that if it does become an issue when you're in the fleet they could put you on a permanent limited duty status, and not allow you to reenlist. (Happened to a friend of mine, it wasn't just the asthma though it was also due to a back injury she got in boot camp or something).
>>80566756
Says some boot pog in the airforce who thinks he knows anything about the actual military.
>>
>>80564161
what are you good at?
>>
>>80566756
>d-don't join the actual military, OP you could get hurt in a c-combat zone!! Thats not what we do!
>>
Hey guys, I'm thinking of going to a recruiter tomorrow, want to either do Artillery or Intel, anybody have experience in those?
>>
>>80566500
>>80566584
(You)

>>80566352
>Did you serve on a ship, sub, or someplace else, and what would you recommend shooting for?
>What did you enjoy the most about your time?
>Is it true what they say about changes in character? If so, for better or worse?
>Likelihood of getting the opportunity to face combat?

I've been told by another anon that based on my affinity/familiarity with practical work, I would enjoy doing tech/repair/construction jobs in the service. I'd like to think my test scores and history in gifted ed would imply I'm rather bright, but blue-collar work has always been more engaging and rewarding to me. Also, I was told about a division of sailors called the Seabees, and from what I've read so far, it seems pretty choice.
>>
>>80567450

I can play a mean flute, and can burp on command.
>>
>>80567604
Join the military band of course
>>
File: rough seas.webm (2 MB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
rough seas.webm
2 MB, 720x576
>>80561233
Coast Guard shouldn't be military, but they're not a joke either.

If it's anything like in Australia they save a lot of lives.
>>
>>80566684
>>80566588
>>80566401
Thanks for the information guys. I'll be sure to work on improving my running, I appreciate your suggestions.
>>
>>80567745

I meant the skin flute, sorry.
>>
>>80567749

Australia has much more treacherous waters than either coast of the US. Not to mention shark-filled.

To me, it's like being in the Navy, but without the option to travel out of the country, which was 60% of the reason why I joined the Army.

I agree that they shouldn't be military, per se, it's more like being a fireman.
>>
>>80556336
>women can be anything in the navy
I thought they couldn't be submariners because it was a cramped, sweaty sausage fest
>>
>>80567222
Nice trips. Also, I have a varicose vein in my left calf, but can still run with only very minor discomfort. A compression wrap usually alleviates all discomfort, entirely. Would this still disqualify me?
>>
>>80567943

I'm convinced 9/10 girls who join any branch just want to get gangbanged, or spitroasted at the very least.
>>
>>80567033
I seriously just want to lie about it but I have a creeping feeling about it.

From what I know about Medical Records though, you can't access them without legal permission though, even if it's the military.
>>
Leaving for Air Force basic tomorrow, I'll be having a blast with my easy ride to the GI bill 4 years from now. You mad lesser branches?
>>
File: 1458903369318.jpg (506 KB, 2734x1622) Image search: [Google]
1458903369318.jpg
506 KB, 2734x1622
>>80567937
Yeah that's my thinking too, they do a very similar job to the navy here, but are only concerned with rescuing people instead of enforcing the law, so fireman is a good comparison.
>>
>>80568088
I have been on a submarine, there isn't shit for room for a gangbang
>>
File: 1461444273557.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1461444273557.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>80568088
Kek has spoken, those dubs don't lie.
>>
>>80568264
No. Taking the easy way out of everything has never appealed to me in the slightest. Are you required to turn in your testicles upon arrival, or is it a prerequisite before enlisting?
>>
>>80568279

I DP'd a girl in a lower bunk of a bunk bed on my base, it was very cramped, but it worked.

>>80568234

Well, I'll tell you this, I got picked up for shoplifting when I was 16. My dad had to pay a fine.

I was dumb enough to mention this to my recruiters, and that ended up taking a week to clear up. They couldn't find any record of it, because I was minor and that record is expunged or sealed up or whatever when you turn 18, so I had to get finger-printed so they could double-check, then finger-printed again another day when no results came back, just so they could be extra sure it would be okay for me to lie about it when I got to MEPS, which it was.
>>
>>80567848
No problem, if SF really is your goal (anyone with the motivation and physique can do it) I would recommend not going into the marines, stick with army as they have more special warfare exams and even if you don't have what it takes you can join 75th ranger bat or the 82nd.
I honestly wouldn't recommend going into the Marines period, not because they fuck shit up but because its a shitty place to be if you want to make a career.
>>80567749
>>80567937
TBQH I have significantly more respect for coastguards than the airforce.
>>80568028
Nah I don't think that would disqualify you, would just kind of suck. You should talk to your doctor or a recruiter about that off record. But it shouldn't be an issue.
>>80567922
Might be cut out for the airforce
>>80568088
This or for the free gibsmedats or to get pregnant before deploying. I'd say 3/5ths of navy females are pretty shitty people. Like any community you should surround yourself with the best people in your unit/command, if anything else its also good for you to help the shitty ones better themselves. Thats just part of leadership.
>>80568234
Exactly this, unless there is a legal investigation, there is no way your past medical history can be accessed. (it would also be extremely difficult if they did it illegally).
Moment of truth in basic is a lie.
>>80568264
Good job making the Air force shittier, I wish the worst upon you.
>>80568279
Plus no females allowed on subs period, water recycling cant process bloody tampons and menstruation blood.
Honestly though even sluts in the navy have a hard time fucking on ships, most of that shit occurs when they're at shore commands (because the really shitty females get pregnant before deployment) or when they're on port leave/liberty.
>>80568593
I would go forward with all criminal background if you have any going in now. If your job requires a top secret security clearance or if you need one in the future you can be in deep shit for not revealing that.
>>
File: 1460353676526.jpg (57 KB, 636x662) Image search: [Google]
1460353676526.jpg
57 KB, 636x662
>>80567598
>Did you serve on a ship, sub, or someplace else, and what would you recommend shooting for?

I had a six year enlistment. Two years in school on Pensacola, followed by four years aboard the USS John C. Stennis. I cut a 96 on my asvab and got offered any job I wanted, so I took EW and was converted to CTT when my rate got merged. Anything crypto is prime, the clearance is cash even after it expires. I don't recommend nuke, really shitty job to have (reading gauges). I also don't recommend MA, CS, or any of those low skill grunt jobs like AB or BM.

>>What did you enjoy the most about your time?

Deployments, sea time, and bonding with my brothers. Two of them were groomsmen at my wedding, the friendships last a lifetime. School was dope, too. Two years in pcola is a great time for a young man with a lot of spare cash.

>>Is it true what they say about changes in character? If so, for better or worse?

It turned me from an angsty faggot teen into the man I am today. I used to get bullied, and now stand up to them, and extend that protection to those who can't fight for themselves. I am a man of integrity in a sea of dishonor, and it stands out. Honor, courage, and commitment are how I continue to live life, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

>>Likelihood of getting the opportunity to face combat?

I did OEF and OIF, bit never faced direct combat. The pilots dropped some serious hardware on some mudslimes, though. Warheads on foreheads for days. It depends on what rate you choose, honestly.

Seabee is rad if you like hard work, but you're a lot more likely to get shot at.
>>
>>80568593
Navy bro, I respect you but fucking a girl with another dude is gay.
>>
>>80568777

Oh, this was six years ago, I'm out and in school now. The stealing charge never came up.
>>
>>80558750
>Army has a point system for ranks.
>If theres too many e5's in your mos, the points are maxed and you basically have to do everything in order to qualify- which is sometimes literally impossible.
>If theres a shortage of e5's for your mos, points are low and all you have to do is show up to the board and you're in.

what do you get points on? what's an example of a point threshold that's impossible to reach?
>>
>>80568892

Would it have been gayer to turn down the offer to doubleteam and just watch? Or hang out by myself? Or ice out one of my best friends and keep some cock-warmer for myself?

Also, I was/am Army.
>>
>>80569001
As far as I knew the army doesn't have a point system, but quotas for the specific unit. For example I know a SGT in the Army who was offered SSG but only if he changed units.

The navy and marines do though. As far as navy goes we have an advancement exam thats pertinent to our job, and there are points and multipliers added in from time in rate, grade, and your eval.
>>
>>80569065
The proper way to double up is for one to fuck while the other dude wait's his turn. As for who goes first, you can flip for it.
>>
>>80569408

That's not doubling up. That's getting sloppy seconds or being watched awkwardly while you open the bitch up.

Unless you've actually had good friends in your life, specifically ones you've spent nearly every days for years hanging out with, this isn't something you'd ever understand.
>>
>>80556336
Friendly reminder that if you don't enlist as an officer AFTER college you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>80568817
>It turned me from an angsty faggot teen into the man I am today. I used to get bullied, and now stand up to them, and extend that protection to those who can't fight for themselves. I am a man of integrity in a sea of dishonor, and it stands out. Honor, courage, and commitment are how I continue to live life, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Looks like I made the right choice, then.
>>
>>80569843
>Friendly reminder that if you don't enlist as an officer AFTER college you're doing it wrong.
Nothing you said there made any sense.

In almost all instances (like 99.9%) you need a degree to be a commissioned officer.
You cannot "enlist" as an officer.
>>
op dont listen to this faggot
>>80565291
the airforce has high tech jobs just like the navy if thats what youre looking for.

go with the airforce. enjoy life
>>
>>80570158
L8^)-|-<
>>
>>80570205

>enjoy life

Enjoy the same life, because you'll barely change.

Like I said earlier, you might as well just go to college.
>>
>>80570205
How can Airpeople even compete?
>>
>>80570205
My reason for choosing the Navy is a personal one. See >>80558904
>>
>>80570464
Hey, OP I'm going to go to bed.
I wish the best of luck for you, don't forget to check out the Seabees when you get a chance. Its a difficult field to advance in at the moment but if you're focused, motivated and not a fuck up you can make it far in the Navy.
Good night other .mil fags, fuck off airforce cunts.
>>
File: Bulgarian Navy.jpg (91 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
Bulgarian Navy.jpg
91 KB, 500x377
>>80556336
i served in finnish army. i dont regret it at all, it was "fun" to roam the forests and play with rifle and your pippel all the day and practice ambushes and fortification and mining and stuff, but if i could TODAY go again into army as a young man, i would definetly go to NAVY.

Navies are getting more and more hightech and important day after day and the training you get there is going to boost you far ahead in civilian jobs too. (that depends a bit... :) )

NAVY = the smart guys.
>>
>>80570684
Thanks for all the input. Bookmarking this thread so I don't forget it.
>>
>>80571014
My pleasure man, have a good night.
>>
File: 144489758945.gif (348 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
144489758945.gif
348 KB, 400x300
>>80570024
You have, my friend. Just do it right and you'll reap the benefits for life. Follow your (lawful) orders, respect those above you even when you don't think they deserve it, treat your subordinates better than you got treated, and don't do anything that will get you sent to captain's mast. You will always know what the right choice will be, though it will rarely be the easy one. Make it anyway, and you'll do fine.

I'm off to bed, have to work early. Godspeed, young man. I'll never know you, but should you have the honor of wearing that uniform, we'll always be brothers.
>>
>welfare queens
>>
>>80557159
I'm an ABF and the quota for E-6 last cycle was 2%. HYT here I come.
>>
>>80567598
I am currently on a Cruiser and in no way is it easy. Smallboys are easily a lot more work. I am an ET and absolutely love my job though. Definitely go for something technical that can make you money when you get out. Other anon is right. A clearance is worth a lot just because you have one when you get out.

>2 years and change into a 6 year contract, enjoying the sun and fun of California.
>>
>>80566788

Where did the "I scored too high so they wouldn't let me do x" meme come from?
>>
>>80567749
I always liked the Puddle Pirates I met. Pretty laid back folks. Now if I am talking to them of course they are just the pretend Navy and whatnot.
>>
>>80571128
You have got to be related to Uncle Sam somehow. Highly looking forward to it. Hitting the sack, myself. Want to get an early start on things. Take it easy, friend.
>>
>>80556651
I heard rumors of the Filipino Mafia and thought it was a load of shit
Then I was stationed in Guam
>>
Any Australian veterans ITT? I'm enlisting in the Army as an RMC cadet and wouldn't mind some advice on what you guys reckon makes a good officer.
>>
>>80567937

The coast guard does much of it's work in the Bering sea, considered to be one of the most dangerous seas in the world. In fact the CG's biggest base is in Kodiak, Alaska. and does patrols of the sea 24/7.
>>
All these faggots saying join the Seabees are either purposely fucking with you or are not Seabees themselves. The Seabees are so full that they are forcing people out of the rate into security. Don't be a dumbass.
>>
>>80571645
They're just as bad on the ships. I always thought it was just a funny stereotype, then I needed hazmat.
>>
>>80571803
Are you nips spying on us again?
>>
>>80571516

Reality.
They don't give you the choice of every single MoS you qualify for, they give the top 30 you scored in the range of.

I got an 86, so my 30 choices were in that general percentile, which left out hundreds of MoSs that I did qualify for, but were at a lower percentile, like being a cook, supply manager, quartermaster, or even HR.

That's how it works.

They don't want the people who score high to get "wasted" on the shit for dumber people. If you score into a ton of engineering jobs, they would rather have you be an engineer than anything else, because engineers are more useful.
>>
>>80556945
wasnt there a woman who passed the ranger course? and she was held to same standards as the men?

i know these are the exception but there are women who can do it

and how fucking hard can the navy be? sit on your ass on a ship. maybe pass orders around. its not like you really have to boots on the ground and if you get sunk everyone gets killed or capturred usually anyways
>>
File: 1461380097094.gif (2 MB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
1461380097094.gif
2 MB, 245x276
>>80571636
You too, always happy to pay it forward to the next generation. My watch may have ended, but I can and will always help prepare those who will stand It in my stead.
>>
>>80571968

Tell that to all the Navy snipers and medics who went out with the Marines into Afghanistan and Iraq.
>>
>>80565920
They really need to update The Red Badge of Courage with this faggot here.
>>
>>80572066
>tfw my navy buddy got "volunteered" for blue to green to look for roadside bombs
>>
File: 1462931146081.jpg (41 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1462931146081.jpg
41 KB, 600x656
Since I got some Navy guys in the thread, question for ya. I'm enlisting soon. I'm choosing between seabees or corpsman. Both are practical for the future and receive combat training. My concern is, I'm an outside guy. I know seabees will be good for that but if I go HM I want to go FMF and be with Marines, not stuck in a hospital. My likely seabees rate will be UT or EA. Suggestions?
>>
>>80556755
Also the Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard will promote you to E-3 if you have enough college credits. You'll still be a recruit, but you be getting E-3 pay in basic. Army will promote you to E-4 as a specialist.
>>
>>80571852
I got lucky and didn't have to deal with them when I was on deployment (apparently they hate sub duty). But God damn were they bastards on land.
>>
File: ehh.gif (690 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
ehh.gif
690 KB, 256x256
>>80556336
>a woman going into NavSpecWar
Oh, she's just delusional. That's it.
She's out of her fucking mind.
>>
>>80571968
>and she was held to same standards as the men?
Nope
>>
>>80569001

In the Marines they use a system called "cutting scores" this is calculated by a composite of all of your scores for fitness, your pro/con marks by your superiors, length in service, etc. Typical cutting scores range from 1400-1800. Every month the MC calculates how many slots it needs to fill in the corporal and seargant ranks to cover the attrition rate forecasted for the month and sets a "cutting score" at exactly the score needed to fill that replacement quota. The result is that you could be the best Marine in your unit, but if your specific MOS cutting score was too high or een closed out then you aren't getting promoted. for example, I was an 0351 and our scores were constantly closed out or else ludicrously high, like 1750+. Meanwhile other Marines around you with different specialties, and especially the pog ranks, usually had lower scores and pick up much quicker. The result lead to situations in which a grunt Marine had been in for 3.5 years, done two deployments to the frontlines of Hellmand province, but be stuck at e-3. A female who has barely been for 1.5 years could already be a corporal by that time because of her job's cutting score being so low, many pog jobs were in the 1400-1500 range and therefore technically a "superior" to the guy. It's an extremely impersonal way to base promotions and it leads to a lot of apathy amongst the grunts towards the integrity of the ranks structure ion a corps-wide basis. This is probably the biggest reason why the MC has an 80% attrition rate for grunts after their first enlistment. The system does not reward you based on your individual merits.
>>
>>80572291
Corpsman. FMF are the real MVP. Just come back in piece, my friend.

>>80556336
I forgot one crucial thing. Never, EVER, under any circumstances, put your dick inside a navy female. This goes double for ones in your division/department. It will only end poorly (for you). Just beat off at sea, and smash civilian pussy on liberty/leave.
>>
>>80572291
Im a Seabee veteran. Six years as a Steelworker. The Seabees was a pretty awesome sub-department of the Navy. Hands on, outdoorsy, active, and technical. I'd suggest UT SW or CE because you can work towards an apprenticeship with unions so you have skills documented if you decide to get out, or you can just start a side business or something while you're still in.
>>
File: ROF16vC.jpg (39 KB, 377x382) Image search: [Google]
ROF16vC.jpg
39 KB, 377x382
>>80556336
>made the decision to join the navy today
I stopped here.
Do not enlist you will hate your life more than you thought was ever possible
Also if you're in the delayed entry program you can still cancel anytime before you sign the contract don't let your recruiter convince you you can't
>>
>>80571968
The story you're thinking about involves two women passing ranger training but they were given special treatment. Women just cannot do it. This is reality.
>>
>>80556336
Women are stupid and I don't respect them
>>
File: VaultBoyFO3.png (216 KB, 750x768) Image search: [Google]
VaultBoyFO3.png
216 KB, 750x768
>>80572677
>>80572686
Really appreciate it guys, this is a big fucking decision so I've been asking this question all over /k/ and /pol/ for weeks. So far I've been leaning seabees, I've had a few other job offers (CTR, LS, MM, limited because of colorblindness) but seabees and HM get combat training and such and have the potential for travel/outdoors work so that's what I want.

To the seabee vet, where were you stationed and what kind of work did you do/what will I likely be doing as a UT? I don't want EA because I've heard it's a lot of blueprinting and office work.
>>
File: mol.jpg (36 KB, 1187x169) Image search: [Google]
mol.jpg
36 KB, 1187x169
>>80571879

Based on my expereiences what you are saying is not true. I scored a 98 on my ASVAB(pic related) and was given the choice of any MOS I wanted. If you score that high they want to keep you at any cost, especially the Marines. They know that they could lose you the Navy or Airforce extremely easily. Some recruiters go their entire TDY without encountering a 95+ ASVAB score. I guarantee you the recruiter is not going to risk losing one that walks into his lap. He's going to do anything to make you happy. I went infantry and knew quite a few people who scored in the 90s and told me the same thing, that they were offered any job they wanted.
>>
>>80556336
Navy it's called boot camp not basic. Don't call your chief sir and just try not to be an unmitigated fuck up and you'll be fine.
>>
File: oh hello, didnt see you there.jpg (78 KB, 768x528) Image search: [Google]
oh hello, didnt see you there.jpg
78 KB, 768x528
if i wanted to join actual conflict and not some small time shit like shooting 2 niggers robbing a store what should i join?
>>
>>80573159

Then maybe it's different for getting in the 90s.

I had a list of 30 at my Army recruiter, which did not include menial shit that I knew I was qualified for.
>>
Any Navy guys: did any of you ever serve on an LHD? I was a Marine and spent 4 months on the USS Kearsarge in 2010. It was hell. I got ship taxed tot he scullery for a month and wanted to kill myself. Literally 16 hours a day of scrubbing dishes of 5,000 people 3 times a day, for 45 days straight without a single day off. This was the closest I ever came to snapping in my enlistment. I was so elated when we were deployed off of the ship into Afghanistan after not seeing land for 2 months. I would rather live in a mudhut in afghanistan getting shot at than live on a Navy ship again.
>>
>>80573365

Any, and then tell them you want to see combat, and keep telling them that.

If you're a dummy, you'll get infantry no problem, if you score high, you'll need to keep telling them you want to see combat because they'll try and get you to do something more "important".

But if you're actually Mexican, I don't know what your options are, and the US military doesn't just accept people without citizenship.
>>
>>80573031
>Thats right, I just have sex with them.
>>
>>80573365
read what I said here >>80566684

Now that the U.S. military is almost done with it's drawdown, the FFL is going to be force that is the most active in combat roles for the next decade or so. Africa is undergoing a HUGE population boom and the governments there are not equipped to deal with it. The continent is going to descend(eve further) into anarchy in the coming years. The FFL have always been the first to go into any major conflict in Africa, especially if it's one of their former colonies.

If your number 1 goal is to see combat, then your best bet is the either the FFL or American special forces.
>>
>>80573716
well im hoping mexican army is like USA but with narcos instead of sandniggers,still thanks.
>>
>>80573753

If you're on a base with a chick, unless she's a total disgusting monster, you'll probably fuck her at least once if you're around her for years.

Even girls with terrible faces can still turn their body around in basic, and most do, so they'll usually have that going for them and there's just so much boredom.
>>
>>80573866
>If your number 1 goal is to see combat, then your best bet is the either the FFL
but i don't speak any french at all, and i DON'T want their fucking citizenship, i just want to be part of the conflict and leave, is that possible? and how do i join them?
>>
>>80556336
If hillary gets elected, you're fucked, dying in the navy sucks, it's most likely gonna be by fire or drowning, and rarely will you die instantly from explosives.
>>
File: soldierettes.jpg (1 MB, 870x2898) Image search: [Google]
soldierettes.jpg
1 MB, 870x2898
>>80567598
>(You)

Don't (you) me. America is a feminist shithole whether you accept it or not.
>>
>>80575100
(You)
>>
File: 1427921253557.gif (909 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1427921253557.gif
909 KB, 500x250
>>80575100
>ROTC
>College cadet faggots

Nice example Rooski. I'm not denying your culture is better then ours and I respect your leader, but America will turn itself around. But now or then, our military will always be able to destroy yours, like playing with a kids toy. You better hope all our servicemen wear high heels, it might even things out for you.
>>
File: us military.jpg (3 MB, 1600x4729) Image search: [Google]
us military.jpg
3 MB, 1600x4729
>>80575679
>our military will always be able to destroy yours

Prove it.
>>
>>80576102
Putin admits that the U.S. is the only superpower. What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>80556755
up to e-4 is time or performance based
no idea where you got your info

e-5 and up requires promotion boards and points
>>
>>80569001
>what do you get points on?
pt tests, weapons qual, correspondence courses, civilian college classes

probably some other things but that's all i heard about
>>
File: zerohedge-cars.jpg (2 MB, 1200x6491) Image search: [Google]
zerohedge-cars.jpg
2 MB, 1200x6491
>>80576386
>Putin admits that the U.S. is the only superpower

Of course it's the only superpower. Doesn't mean that it could win against Russia or China.

>Putin admits

Believing a politician. How sweet.
>>
>>80559447
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8_Xi6bZCmA
>>
>>80576386
Politically, US indeed the only superpower for now, especially with EU and other countries as your bitches, etc. Doesn't mean your army now has supermens with superpowers and alien weapons - quite contrary actually.
>>
>>80557990
Join the Marines instead

you'll get great barracks and Pacific pussy
>>
>>80578882

Pacific pussy is overrated, and from Marines I've met, that's like a meme of the Marines where everyone who ends up with a shit deployment or in combat says "I was promised Thai/Filippina/whatever pussy and now I'm here."
>>
File: 1467627539170.jpg (665 KB, 2048x1408) Image search: [Google]
1467627539170.jpg
665 KB, 2048x1408
>>80579080
you say that like it's a bad thing
>>
>>80558797

So the blue NWUs that were issued to his entire division that clearly say US Navy on them weren't a big enough hint? Or the smurfs that say NAVY in huge letters? Or having to memorize the sailors creed?
>>
>>80579230

Well, if you're interested in pussy, being a Marine is the quickest way to get thrown into combat, and in combat there's not time for pussy.

That's why all the standards for being a Marine are higher. They used them as "shock troops" in Iraq for fuck's sake, apropos of nothing, basically disregarding everything they were trained to do.
>>
>>80579381
they also have the propensity for getting the most fucking retarded moto tattoos imaginable
>>
File: 1466391756768.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1466391756768.jpg
138 KB, 980x1040
>>80556336
>enlisting
>not joining glorious officer race
but really, good on you. My bro enlisted in the navy, and it's legit. I'm just a year from my degree, then it's OTS for me
>>
>>80579489

It fucks you up, man. Marines are tough fucking dudes, if you ever see a marine get in a fist fight with someone, bet on the marine, no matter who the other dude is. Not because of skill, but because they all become crazed psychos.

But that's what they're for, and most of them are still total bros.
>>
File: ruptured organs rip.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ruptured organs rip.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>80579645
butterbar detected
>>
File: 1464162669705.png (289 KB, 601x401) Image search: [Google]
1464162669705.png
289 KB, 601x401
>>80579650
eerrraaaaa devil dog
>>
>>80579858
you're goddamn right I am
i'm one year out from F-22's baby (hopefully)
>>
File: 1431081207450.png (75 KB, 232x220) Image search: [Google]
1431081207450.png
75 KB, 232x220
>>80579982
>a chair force butterbar
>>
File: slavtheatre.jpg (74 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
slavtheatre.jpg
74 KB, 550x412
>>80576102
They already destroyed you retard, you're one of the biggest shit holes on earth because of how badly the yanks stomped you.
>>
>>80556336
Every woman I've ever known in the navy has been a raging feminist and every guy I know says they try and fuck their way into getting promoted. I would just stay away from them like you would at any other job
>>
>>80572291
> know seabees will be good for that but if I go HM I want to go FMF and be with Marines, not stuck in a hospital.

Going Greenside (attached to a marine command after FMTB) does not mean you will see combat, only deployments.
You're more likely to be stuck in some useless med battalion sitting on your hands all day memorizing useless shit because you are pretty much REQUIRED to get your FMF pin if you want to advance to E4.

If you're in good shape then ask to be put in the recon corpsman pipeline in A-school if you want to be guaranteed to see some action.

t. salty corpsman
>>
>>80577880
How drunk are you right now? We have the most advanced military technology on the planet. Look up our defense spending compared to the rest of the world.
>>
>>80556651
>>80571645
>>80571852

Ton of Flips in the Air Force. I feel bad for the nerdy white dudes who marry the women, they don't give a shit about their husbands. They're all just looking at that giant retirement check in the sky!

Also Filipino kids are worse than nigger kids
>>
Join the Air Force anyways.

>best barracks
>best bases
>best chow halls

Yeah you'll be a chair force pussy but who cares. The only fags saying "chair force is for pussies" are salty retards (me) who live in shitty cockroach infested barracks (thanks Camp Hansen).
>>
>>80559447
There will never be a female Navy SEAL

Ever.

ever.

literally it will never happen unless the government forces them to accept political appointees and if that happens it will be russian spetznaz lining up clear over the horizon to get shit on their dicks
>>
>>80566684
>fucking levitating guns with mind powers
oh shit nigger
>>
>>80580874

That's what the real military is and should be.
If you joined to sit behind a desk like some shitty airport employee, you shouldn't have joined in the first place.
>>
>>80561516
>accepted as a clearance diver in RAN

Fair play to her then. The requirements for women CDs are the same as that for men, and they're pretty impressive.
>>
>>80556336
Ncis isn't a real thing
>>
>>80556336
USN vet here, navy is the way to go. However the navy has become this corporate modeled mess with PC correctness. Keep in mind, all the gun ho attitude after ppl become boots fades rather quickly once out in the real fleet.
>>
File: rangers.png (799 KB, 530x1403) Image search: [Google]
rangers.png
799 KB, 530x1403
>>80581095
>half abo
>female

Requirements were dropped to push her through.
>>
>>80560784
>98 asvab
>Went infantry
The test doesn't account for voluntary stupidity
>>
>>80566401
Army basic an be longer if you're in certain MOS. Infantry does their basic and AIT in one go at one station.
>>
File: 1403523308304.png (141 KB, 399x536) Image search: [Google]
1403523308304.png
141 KB, 399x536
>>80579963
>that pic
>>
>>80583878

I assume the recruiters tried to push you into something better.
>>
>>80585129
Nope, it was 2006 and they needed bodies for our adventures. I was pretty adamant that I wanted to be a grunt and they obliged.
>>
>>80586403
Got everything I wanted though without any fuss. Airborne school and such in the contract. Plus a 40k enlistment bonus.
>>
>>80562337
Ditto. Plowed the shit outta Air Force girls at the joint service bases while I was Army.
>>
>>80565291
Lol I was an Army Cryptologic Linguist or the NSA and now I work as a freelance illustrator.
>>
>>80567578
Intel had the highest sign on bonus for me, so i took it. Signed on as a Linguist, went to Korean school for a year (comfy as fuck) amd flunked out into Intel Analyst. Went to Analyst school for 10 months (not as comfy) then went to Hawaii. Intel is easy, until you have to work for the Army AND NSA at the same time. Then it fucking blows. But it is a cushy job.

>>80568264
I got mine after cutting out of the Army early after 3 years.
>>
File: soul-eater-kid-6.png (191 KB, 635x335) Image search: [Google]
soul-eater-kid-6.png
191 KB, 635x335
>>80579963
Fucking why!?
>>
>>80556336
>I'm going in as an MA, for those of you who don't know what it is. Please feel free to look it up.
I don't understand why normies do this. You write a manifesto justifying your laziness from copying and pasting either a link to the word or concept you *know* people don't understand or explain it in your own words. If you make the effort to tell people to "look it up" then maybe you should explain what it is.
>>
File: shame.gif (2 MB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
shame.gif
2 MB, 357x200
>>80579963
What the fuck? i didn't expect you to be such cucks!
>>
>>80566684
FUCK OFF DONT SEND YOUR WEAKLING
seriously we weed out the retards the weaks and the ones with no motivation but it s annoying having to deal with a bunch of people that are here just cause they think Foreign Legion is cool.

when we are in open combat it s cause we fucked up big time.
Also you dont really want to see actual combat especially in Africa, it s just inhuman, no matter how jagged you get shit will haunt you down.
>>
File: tumblr_o2d9w40sZm1v2ddd9o1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2d9w40sZm1v2ddd9o1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>80556336
>thoughts?
Nah, just mockery.

Star-spangled Wars: The Feminist Awakens
>>
>>80579963
This is the end
My only friend
The end
>>
>>80559447
>>80571968
a fucking leaf every time
>>
>>80567937
>but without the option to travel out of the country
Some people in the Coast Guard were sent to bases in Iraq/similar places.
>>
>>80571623
No, they aren't the pretend Navy. Navy has boats and shit to do, Coast Guard has boats and other shit to do. First priority is saving lives. Some cooks in the Coast Guard have secondary jobs that do just that.
>>
>>80556945
BUD/s has a 75% + attrition rate. Even if a female did manage to class up, 1st phase would crush her and the class would phase her out
>>
File: 1468116261949.jpg (47 KB, 720x514) Image search: [Google]
1468116261949.jpg
47 KB, 720x514
>Navy
>>
>The only rule that is still in play is they are not allowed to go into combat

How is she enjoying being on a nuke cr- OH WAIT
>>
>>80574054
_Almost none them were french speakers. Learning basic french is part of their daily training (easy since you're spanish).
_You are not forced to get the citizenship of course...
_You have to take a plane to France to join. Check their website.

It is actually very profitable, but seriously you must have some appetite for blood and pain...
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.