[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of Aspergers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: booksfeat.jpg (138 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
booksfeat.jpg
138 KB, 620x413
>>
File: 1464719564796.webm (2 MB, 812x592) Image search: [Google]
1464719564796.webm
2 MB, 812x592
They are people too
>>
There's no such thing, which is what any psychiatrist outside of US will readily tell you.

You're a parent and fucked up parenting your kid, stop trying to blame some (((disease)))
>>
>>80490650
Is that Chris Chan
>>
>>80490433
I prefer ass hot dogs
>>
Aspie here. It fucking sucks. Kinda wish the gene for aspergers can be sequenced follows by a program to remove it from the population so no one has to be born into this hell ever again. Yes, there will never be much technological progress again, that's a good thing. Maybe the world will finally revert back to honoring western values.
>>
>>80491673

there is no gene for asspergers, you're just a neurotic spazz virtue of shit parenting

unfuck yourself and the world will follow
>>
>>80491673
Brother, there are days where i wish that i had the full deal of Autism instead of the meme that is high functioning diagnosis. Trapped between worlds, understanding you're fucked, but unable to fix it, like watching a trainwreck again and again, powerless.
>>
>>80490772
And thread

https://youtu.be/aBkSIFMTMoE
>>
my favorite maymay
>>
I disagree with this guy:
>>80491673

and actually feel quite strongly about this. Buckle in for a rant.

I'm an aspie, I'm glad that I was born, I think my net influence on the world and the people around me is a good one, because I've tried to make it so, and I'm glad to be alive.

I do think that it's harder for me. Clearly other people don't struggle with interaction or with basic shit the way I do, and it's obvious that I've taken longer than most to develop in certain ways. My sensory and vestibular differences in particular make the world I inhabit very intense for me and overwhelming on a daily basis, and I do experience life fundamentally differently because of my wiring being different. That said, I think it's worthwhile that people who experience the world differentl, and who are different in who they are as animating phenomena, are born. I feel like it's worth the overload and the struggle that some part of the universe experiences music and speech and the rest of life as intensely as I do.

I fear that, if some autism gene or whatever is discovered and people begin to abort sperg fetuses the way they do down's syndrome ones, the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater. I recognize that the savants and gifted autists are greatly outnumbered by the ones who are less functional than average, that screaming manchildren smearing shit on the walls and hitting themselves does the world no good, and that not every person on the spectrum is special and a genius. That said, I don't think humanity is responsible or wise enough to decide on something like this yet, and I feel like it won't realize what it's done until too late if it does "cure" us.

(CONT)
>>
>>80493067
I feel love. I feel compassion. I feel joy and grief and wist and hope and nostalgia and despair and anger and shame and pride and everything else a human being feels. Granted, it often feels like there's some kind of telepathic conversation that everybody else is engaged in that I'm not a part of, and I do have difficulty "reading" people. I do have a heart, though, and I feel joy for the joy of others and hurt for the hurt of others when I can see it.

I do think that labeling kids hurts them and allows them to make excuses and alienates them, and I think that drugging them is bad. That said, it's abundantly clear and always has been that I'm wired differently, and "autism" happens to be the only satisfactory label I've ever found to describe all the nuances of that difference. I don't believe in special treatment for myself when it comes to merit, and I don't ask society to accomodate me, but I do appreciate it when people who care about me recognize that I am different and treat me with according consideration. It's what I've had to do my whole life with the majority of the people I meet, and it's part of empathy.

I don't think the words of a self-hating autist are of any worth to me. I'm glad I exist, and I think more people like me ought to be born, or else I wouldn't want to have children. That makes me no more or less selfish or egoistic than anybody who has ever reproduced.

I think society greatly misunderstands us, but I also think we give ourselves too many excuses and play the aspie card too often.
>>
>>80493951
I have never seen a better statement on what is living with assperger, but still, the must be a better way to treat it (the manchilds, not the ones like you), right?
>>
File: ancient pepe.png (103 KB, 624x434) Image search: [Google]
ancient pepe.png
103 KB, 624x434
>>80493067
>>80493951
>>80494782
this is fun considering i was recently diagnosed with asberger.
>>
It's a meme disorder
>>
>>80490433
I've dealt with individuals who suffer from this illness and while it often feels like "an excuse to be an asshole", I just have to accept the fact that I can not physically comprehend what they're feeling, and therefore must feel compassionate for their state of being, rather than look down upon them in an inflammatory way.

>>80493951
Anon. I came here to occasionally lurk and post, not to feel.
>>
>>80493951
>>80493067
God, we're sounding like /r9k/

Well I'm on the other end of the spectrum and agree with >>80493067. Been diagnosed myself for a good 15 years now and have failed to make any meaningful connections with people throughout my life, still treat friendship as a child would where it's a quid pro quo, have no empathy for people, even my own family and am a general fuck up who sees anonymity as the only meaningful way to communicate because when I do screw up, it's not held against me. That then developed into extreme depression and apathy. Which funny enough, help cancels out the really nasty things because I don't care or want to put the effort into committing suicide even though the data shows I'd be at risk for it.

I have parents who loved me and did the best they could to help me, it's just my brain is hardwired differently so unless there is some way to re-balance the chemicals in my brain, I'm always going to be in this rock in a hard place where I can't be a functional member of society. Would I like to be one? Sometimes, is it going to happen? Probably not. But that's on me and the fact I am incapable of interacting with people beyond the most superficial of levels.

Personally, if I had the option of having my psychological problems cured, but had to something like an arm or leg. I'd probably take that deal in a heart beat, because at while you might not be at 100% efficiency, you at least can interact with the rest of the world and be happy.

tl;dr Yellow ID guy represents the best of Asspies, I probably represent the worst of them.
>>
File: whenthegarbagetruckcomesby.jpg (181 KB, 770x458) Image search: [Google]
whenthegarbagetruckcomesby.jpg
181 KB, 770x458
>>80495006
Welcome, sperg. Try not to abuse your autism card.

>>80494782
I honestly don't have a solution in mind. I'm sure better minds than mine could come up with a workable one. The point is, though, that treating them is the way to go. If we look for a "cure" by finding the genetic cause of autism, then it's obvious that such a "cure" is just detection and subsequent abortion. I, for obvious reasons, disagree with that approach.

>>80496964
>I just have to accept the fact that I can not physically comprehend what they're feeling, and therefore must feel compassionate for their state of being, rather than look down upon them in an inflammatory way.

I appreciate this. I've actually met a number of non-functioning autists, and what shocked me was the fact that I immediately understood a lot of their reactions to things. Frankly, screaming and hitting people is how I want to act when exposed to similar stimuli. The only difference between an unshaven, shit-smearing, nonverbal Chris-chan getting bothered by sibilance sounds in certain words and hitting people over it and me being bothered by similar mouth sounds is that I can communicate. This means that I can express myself and my needs, and more importantly, it lends a level of validity to what I ask for in people's eyes because I'm more like them. If all I had was screaming and hitting, and nobody understood instinctively why I was doing it, that would be terrifying.

I honestly don't know what to think about them. It's clear that, on an aesthetic level, they experience the same life I do, so I'm not sure how to judge the worth of their lives. My statement is just a selfish defense of my own existence, and clearly I'm not non-functioning.

As for feels, I feel very strongly that my life is valid and worthwhile, and when the validity of the life of aspies is called into question, it comes out.

>>80498027
I also have difficulty connecting with people and maintaining relationships. It's hard for us.
>>
>>80495058
This is also true to some extent. Many of the people who were diagnosed during the autism fad of the 2000's would have been slapped with ADHD when that was comparatively more popular in the 90's.

The question is this: How much of the "surge" in autism is due to increased detection, how much is due to it being a fad/meme, and how much is due to factors like older parents conceiving?

I don't think we can deny that autism exists, but the fad is real.
>>
>>80491673
Its not a gene, you are just a fucking arsehole, guess how i know? Because i lived with someone who said they had that condition, they would use it to excuse their anti social behavour, like play music loud as fuck. Also they didnt pay bills, didnt clean up, took hard drugs etc.
>>
who /bipolar/ here?
>>
>>80501665
Nice anecdote. Not saying he wasn't an asshole.
>>
>>80490433
The only reason such a condition exists is because of environmental conditions and aged parents. The more aged the gametocyte (Sperm/Egg) is, the higher the chance for mental defects to develop in the child. Chromosomes have a higher risk of mutating due to age.
>>
File: 004004.jpg (146 KB, 1279x712) Image search: [Google]
004004.jpg
146 KB, 1279x712
>>80490433
The Alt-Right couldn't exist without it.
>>
Let me tell you guys a short story.

With Asperger there's generally two routes you can take to give you peace of mind. The first route is to embrace your disability and cosign yourself to being an emotional cripple for the rest of your life.

The other route is to violently reject your own tendencies and instincts and look to others to try and figure out what is "normal". Anyone with Asperger who tries to do this can tell you that this is exhausting and is akin to acting out a never ending play.

Only this second route has any respect/honor to it, but how difficult it is varies wildly with how bad your tism is. If you have the force of will in your heart I beg you to try and live a normal life.

A few years ago I was defeated, I thought I was going to sperg forever, unable to find employment or friends. On the advice of a unemployment advisor I looked into this day program where people with Aspergers basically got together and tried to overcome their tendencies.

Over the course of that first day I met with and observed people who embodied every facet I hated about myself one hundredfold. True lost causes who could barely function as people and lacked the true self awareness to improve. With that perception of my condition I was able to accept that I was comparatively normal, and have fought the normie fight ever since. I never went back to the day program.

The point here is that Asperger's/Austim is a spectrum, and I've seen way too many people give up with the diagnosis when really they just need to work a little bit harder to live.
>>
>>80491878
>>80495058
>>80501665
This, fu K off to the retard posers in this thread looking for sympathy
>>
>>80501954
Oh great, yet another overdiagnosed "disorder".
>>
>>80490433
http://therespectabilityreport.org/2016/01/11/trump-tells-autistic-adult-shell-be-happy-with-employment-plan/
>>
File: aspievsnt.jpg (178 KB, 1276x830) Image search: [Google]
aspievsnt.jpg
178 KB, 1276x830
It is a mark of true masterrace-hood.
>>
>>80491878
Yeah dude just b urself
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.