[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Donald Trump use an Electric Shaver?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 56e050231500002a000b1772.jpg (53 KB, 600x424) Image search: [Google]
56e050231500002a000b1772.jpg
53 KB, 600x424
What's the best method, to get a straight, clean shave like Donald?

Seriously, I am 29 and my beard grows fast enough to finally shave it every morning. I use safety razors, but after shaving wet, my upper lip feels numb. Would you recommend to switch from manual to electric?

Tell your story
>>
>>80486145
low test
>>
>>80486145
Go visit your doc and ask for HRT
>>
>>80486145
>wet shave in the morning
>smooth
>literally 4h later face already feels like sandpaper
such are the problems men face
>>
>>80486212
Nice try, Ahmed Mohammed

I'm just not so much related to monkeys and jews like you
>>
>>80486145
The only way to shave is with the original straight razor. Takes some cash, takes some skill, but nothing good comes fast or free.
>>
>>80486145
My grandfather exclusively used an electric razor.

I tried it once. Felt like tiny teeth ripping the hair out of my face. I'll stick with whatever six hundred bladed moron stick they sell me at the wal-mart.
>>
File: 1466900944285.png (115 KB, 240x247) Image search: [Google]
1466900944285.png
115 KB, 240x247
>>80486145
tfw 24 and same hair as trump
>>
>>80486145

He shaves right before going out, on his plane or at a hotel.

Just like women have makeup sessions at every intermission
>>
>>80488499
I was thinking about buying one, but don't want to hack my face up trying to master the skill especially since I interact with people all day.
>>
>>80486230
that does nothing to stop hair growth :<
>>
this isn't remotely fucking /pol/-related
>>
>>80486145
You should shave straight after a hot shower, or at least after applying a hot towel on your face to soften the hair.
Before applying shaving cream (should always have 0% alcohol), you should apply baby oil - not only does it give it a better shave, but it preserves your razor blades too.
>>
>>80486145
>>80489297
Notice that I used the word "apply" 3 times.
>>
>>80486145
I just use a double-edge safety razor with shaving cream. It works great, especially when you let your beard grow a bit because its way easier to rinse than a multi-blade disposable razor. DE safety razors require you to actually clean your razor, but its just a rinse and wipe down.

You could try a straight razor, they're a little more expensive and you have to do full knife maintenance including honing.
>>
>>80488499
>>80488607
Never use multiple blades. The shaving market is basically cartel and monopoly owned by Gilette. It's really hard to find proper shaving information without going through forums.
Check this out http://www.basenotes.net/threads/378414-Nothing-I-Do-Gets-Me-a-Close-Shave-Without-Razor-Burn-or-Ingrown-Hairs
>>
>>80488607
>>80489564
Never use multiple blades. The shaving market is basically cartel and monopoly owned by Gilette. It's really hard to find proper shaving information without going through forums.
Check this out http://www.basenotes.net/threads/378414-Nothing-I-Do-Gets-Me-a-Close-Shave-Without-Razor-Burn-or-Ingrown-Hairs
>>
>>80489011
Don't buy one, they suck and if you don't sharpen them right you'll fuck your face up. Double edge razor is best.
>>
I use a safety razor, but while it works fine for most of my face, I find that if I use it on my upper lip, lower lip or chin I break out in spots. What's up with that?
>>
File: 1467894005135.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1467894005135.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Maybe he's like me and he doesn't grow a beard. Never saw him with stubble
>>
>>80486145
Fresh new blade every moring
>>
>>80490279
Shave with the grain? Wash after you've finished? I haven't had this since I was 15
>>
File: 1465855250646.jpg (71 KB, 611x696) Image search: [Google]
1465855250646.jpg
71 KB, 611x696
>that extra close shave after letting it grow for one or two days
>>
>>80490666
That means you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>80490808
Huh?
>>
>>80486145
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving#/
>>
>>80490279
You're cutting against the grain of your hair in those areas.
Next time you shave pay attention to which direction your hairs naturally grow and cut with the grain. Different areas of the face can have different grains
>>
he's a fuckin billionaire, probably has some barber do it for him
>>
>>80491333
>>80490501

Nah, I'm not though. The rest of my face gets once go with the grain, one against and it's perfect. But I've always been very careful to go with the grain around my mouth. I avoid my chin anyway because it's a bit swirly, it's impossible to go with the grain there.
>>
>>80491218
It turns out they got removed from Kickstarter? I don't want to get lip cancer or something
>>
Electric shavers never shave down to 0,0mm, just because the shaveing foil between the blades and your skin. A classic wet shave is the cleanest you can get, no matter if knive, safety rasors or even a good system shaver (probably the most gentle method for your skin of all wet methods). First do one shave with the gran, than foam again, do one in 90 degree to the grain , foam again and then do finally a shave completely against the grain. Works better after a hot shover, with quality shaving cream- or soap and when a pre shave oil is used. Ich hoffe ich konnte helfen.
>>
Not /pol/ but I'll help you because I had the same issue.
Something people don't know about barbers is that they're very adept at making beard maps. Basically people always tell you to shave with the grain, but most people don't know their grain very well. So first step, Google beard map.

Next, several consecutive passes are required for a close shave, only some people can get a close shave with one. These consecutive passes are often at an angle with respect to the grain, not along it.

Most shaving creams and oils are snake oil, shaving is 90% technique. A good barber will give you a closer shave with a Gillette and some common foam than you'll get with the best equipment.

And finally, there are different shaving techniques. Blade buffing is easy and very useful for a third final pass.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.