[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He has a point.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: 1464174555564.png (118 KB, 1160x420) Image search: [Google]
1464174555564.png
118 KB, 1160x420
He has a point.
>>
Do you BELIEVE in Global War... Er, ahem, I mean Climate Change?

Or, are you one of those evil, racist DENIERS?
>>
>>80458683
Does anyone have any truth about it? What's the debate on here about climate change? I genuinely want to know.

Also, it has been hotter here in Florida than recent summers in memory.
>>
>>80459320
There are some outright deniers here. They might even be the majority.

I don't deny that it's happening or that it's related to human activity, but I do think a lot of aspects of it are way overblown and that we have more imminent problems that we should probably be dedicating at least as much concern and effort to (i.e. phosphorous scarcity sometime in the next two centuries)
>>
The wage gap IS real. Women ARE paid less. They're paid less because they work shorter hours, handle stress poorly, prioritise family over job, take long periods of time off work for maternity leave, have on average poor spatial reasoning skills, and have a narrower range of IQ in a world where wealth is distributed exponentially. However, it is factually correct that they are paid less.

Same thing with climate change. Global temperatures ARE actually rising. The cause and impact of this are debatable, and there's a pervasive bias towards making the effect seem worse than it actually is: a linear regression predicts the data better than most climate models have. However, it is factually correct that global warming is happening.
>>
>>80459733
I would like to hear it from both sides.
>>
>>80459882
You're mistaken on the wage gap. There is no wage gap, there is an EARNINGS gap. That's what most people don't understand.

Why is there an earnings gap? For the same reasons you listed. They work less, family over job, etc.

Point is, it's women's fault they make less.
>>
>>80460068
>There is no wage gap, there is an EARNINGS gap.
Explain the difference.
>>
>>80460184
Look up the definition between a wage and an earning.
>>
>>80460068
This. Minute linguistic detail, but it changes everything
>>
>>80460238
Look up the studies of the wage gap.

Note that many are comparing wages paid by companies to their workers, and not total income.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>80460184
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>80459940
There's a good picture that I don't have, it shows the predictions of a dozen different "scientists" and then the actual results.

The predictions were all over the fucking place, none of them anywhere near what actually happened.

In addition, the narrative constantly gets changed just like the holohoax, how can anyone put firm faith in something so fluid? I'd also like to point out that this is teached very heavily in schools, just like all other Jewry that exists in the world.

Something is happening obviously, but there's no conclusive science on it and nobody fucking knows what effect, if any, humans have on it. The carbon tax and the heavy push for less carbondioxide in the air feels very malicious.
>>
>>80460447
See >>80460366

There's a wage gap. There's also an earnings gap. The presence of studies that point to an earnings gap does not mean that there is no wage gap.

I bet you voted Greens.
>>
If you're not a climate change skeptic then you don't know anything about climate change and should shut the fuck up.

Skepticism is more or less empiricism.

Being skeptical about something means you're not just some retarded intellectually broken cumbucket waiting for instructions from somebody else, but would rather seek your own answers and know things for yourself.

That's what skepticism is.
The alternative is being a fucking retard.

Take your pick. Fucking retards.
>>
>>80458683

I believe in climate change and I also believe that we have fuck all to do with it and that there's fuck all we can do about it except deal with it.
>>
>>80458336

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

However unlike the wage gap global warming has explanations outside of "look at this graph I manipulated".
>>
>>80460574
>what is the Equal Pay Act of 1963 in America

Don't be a fuckwit you Aussie shitposter
>>
>>80460624
>I believe in climate change

This is the fucking problem, right here.

Science is a process, not a belief.

Anyone who claims otherwise is trying to sell you something.
>>
>>80458683
daily reminder: the ozone hole was suppose to get worse even if we stopped using cfcs due to the 40 years of prior use that had yet to make its way entirely into the upper atmosphere. Spoilers: It didn't.

Al Gore literally misrepresented the natural fluctuation between the gap in the ozone that centered above the poles between seasons and implied some giant cancer causing death ray hole was going to cruise around the planet and insta gib people with x-rays.

The entire purpose of the ozone myth was to outlaw cheap and widely available cfcs and replace them with a carefully controlled monopoly of new chemical compounds that were properly patented. This made it impossible for smaller/foreign manufacturers to produce replacements and it wasn't cost effective for them to invent and patent their own legal variants.

The long term effects being that every single device that requires temperature control now costs way more than it should if it used cfcs. A nice side effect of this is that it prevents smaller/poorer nations from doing their own R&D on advanced technology since they can't afford proper cooling tech.
>>
>>80460615
this is what autism looks like.
>>
>>80459320
>Does anyone have any truth about it?
The world's global average temperature has been rising slightly for decades and there's evidence to suggest that various human industries around the world (mainly involving the burning of fossil fuels) may be contributing to that problem.

No-one usually denies the causal factor of burning fossil fuels contributing to CO2 in the atmosphere because the chemical reactions in question are very well known and simple to comprehend. The debate is really whether or not it's a significant contributing factor in comparison to natural causes of global warming and more importantly whether or not we can find ways of keeping the Earth's temperature stable.
>>
>>80460574
>if we take the average height of all men and then take the average height of all women, from this we can determine that Sarah who is 6 feet tall is actually shorter than Mark who is 5 feet 11 inches due to the 'height' gap.

wage gap isn't just a myth, it's an intentional misrepresentation of facts.
>>
File: 1388896496598.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1388896496598.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>Ask a climate change denier what evidence they would need to change their mind
>Literally no response
Every time
>>
>>80458336
>Hard sciences
>the same as social sciences

lolno
>>
Don't volcanoes release an absurd amount of CO2, or have I been memed
>>
>>80460184
>i had my record corrected
>i react to it as if it were correct the record
>>
>>80460922
This exactly. It's a raw data comparison that has misconstrued lots of numbers.
>>
>>80461024
>Don't volcanoes release an absurd amount of CO2, or have I been memed
Both. The fact that volcanoes release a lot of CO2 doesn't have anything to do with the argument. It's a red herring.
>>
>>80461024

And sulfur and tons of other fun stuff

But humanity outdoes them

USA USA USA USA!
>>
>>80460799
Firstly, your cuntry is not a real empire, and your laws are not universal.

Secondly, the argument is that wages for women will fall behind under (i) a seniority system; (ii) a merit system; (iii) a system which measures earnings by quantity or quality of production; or (iv) a differential based on any other factor other than sex. The act in question explicitly allows you to discriminate against people who (i) drop out of the work force for several years to raise kids; (ii) work fewer hours; (iii) work less efficiently; or (iv) are just too fucking stupid to work as a top-tier hedge fund manager or engineer.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-10-02-29-40.png (269 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-10-02-29-40.png
269 KB, 1080x1920
>>80461211
>>
>>80460574
>>80460184
nobody here is denying that women, on average, earn less then men. or at least nobody with half a brain is denying it. its a fact.

now, the difference between smart people and feminists, when presented with this information, is that smart people realize that this gap exists not because women are payed less then men, but because women have a huge tendency to enter career fields that pay a lot less than career fields that men go into. whereas feminists get wrapped up in their propoganda and think that women and men are 50/50 in every career field, and that women are getting less pay in the same career field. which is false.
>>
>>80460922
>women are shorter than men
>"oh anon, you're so stupid, if women are shorter than men then how come this one is really tall?"
Next up on the evening news: expert statisticians from /pol/ have proven there's no 'crime gap' by finding one black man without a criminal record.
>>
File: earning.png (226 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
earning.png
226 KB, 1080x1920
>>80461211
Learn the difference
>>
>>80461211
>Firstly, your cuntry is not a real empire, and your laws are not universal.

OK and no one ever argued women in Afghanistan make less.

People say the wage gap exists within the united states, but it clearly doesn't because we have laws preventing it. If it was a thing employers would be sued into oblivion.

Fucking Aussie shitpost
>>
>>80461498

You almost got me there you strayan cunt.
>>
>>80460948
nice logical fallacy.

>ANY EVIDENCE WOULD DO
>>
File: 1463150495934.png (255 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1463150495934.png
255 KB, 354x367
Why can't right wing into comedy and art? The middle panel shouldn't have had any text besides the classroom number 101.

And then in the third panel she should had said something along the lines of "Welcome to women studies"

First panel is set up, second is build up and third is punchline
>>
>>80461211
>The act in question explicitly allows you to discriminate against people who (i) drop out of the work force for several years to raise kids; (ii) work fewer hours; (iii) work less efficiently; or (iv) are just too fucking stupid to work as a top-tier hedge fund manager or engineer.

>Discrimination is paying less to someone who doesn't work for years, works less, works less while being an idiot, or is too stupid to do the work you need done.

No wonder Australia is a shithole.
You morons believe sticking your finger up your arsehole is worth the same as being a successful bio-chemist.

CentreLink FTW.
>>
>>80461711
Again, what evidence would you want? You don't like the evidence available
>>
>>80461711

But you just ignore the evidence and facts when presented lmao

To rephrase his question: what evidence would you actually accept because you don't accept anything we do give you?
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 1203x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 1203x567
>>80458336

Bill Nye said it best.
>>
>>80461557
You don't have laws preventing a wage gap. In fact, you have laws encouraging a wage gap, provided that it's done on a meritocratic basis.

>>80461799
The wage gap isn't discriminatory, but it does actually exist. This would not be a hard concept to understand for an Australian child of 8 years, so I don't understand why you seppo cunts are struggling with it.
>>
>>80461980
P-pol BTFO
>>
>>80461749
Except this obviously isn't meant to be comedy or a joke, and its obviously not meant to be a joke exclusively bashing feminists. Its a fine setup, he gets a dig in at both feminists and people who dismiss climate-change deniers in just three panels
>>
>>80461899
Like I said, every time
>>
>>80461988

You specifically claimed that not paying women the same as men for doing less work is discrimination.

Work has requirements.
Work has goals.
Work has definable results.

>mu-muh vagina.

Of course. It all makes sense now.
>>
>>80462512
>You specifically claimed that not paying women the same as men for doing less work is discrimination.
No, that was tumblr. You are the only person to use the word discrimination in this thread.
>>
They said half our country would flood because of MMCC. But guess what, the 40% white cities are still here.

Don't play me like that man, I was hyped af.
>>
>>80462740
>No

Bullshit.

>The wage gap IS real. Women ARE paid less. They're paid less because they work shorter hours, handle stress poorly, prioritise family over job, take long periods of time off work for maternity leave, have on average poor spatial reasoning skills, and have a narrower range of IQ in a world where wealth is distributed exponentially. However, it is factually correct that they are paid less.

You turned into an equal rights cunt within 6 posts.

I don't worship Global Warming.
I'm not a True Believer.

I might even be a Denier!!

Yes, Auscuckistan. I'm one of those evil Deniers.

>proofs??

Proof is raciss. You should know better.
I'm raciss, and sexiss.
>>
>>80465557
>Bullshit.
Proofs.

>You turned into an equal rights cunt within 6 posts.
Don't be a faggot. The wage gap is real, because if it wasn't real, we'd be paying women the same amount of money for a shittier job.

>Yes, Auscuckistan. I'm one of those evil Deniers.
Which type? The type that denies a hundred years of temperature measurements across worldwide weather stations, both amateur and professional, on a scale that would be impossible to fake? Or the type that has an actual argument?

I've been called a denier before, but it was for pointing out that A) global warming is not capable of sending us extinct and C) there's strong evidence for publication bias in climate science. Those are more sophisticated arguments than "all temperature records are a conspiracy and so are ice core samples".

>Proof is raciss.
So am I. Point still stands.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.