[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Global Warming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: wIGnl73l.jpg (144 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
wIGnl73l.jpg
144 KB, 1252x1252
>>
bad thing
>>
>>80281078
scam to suck more tax revenue out of you under the guise of saving the planet
>>
it's actually good for the planet. it's gonna displace some people, but earth will be healthier because of it.
>>
>>80281078
The number one way to reduced carbon emissions is to reduce the population size. Having a child doubles "your" carbon footprint. Global warming is real, but just a symptom of our increasing population. The more of us there are, the harder it is going to be to combat.

It's not just an issue of "Oh, 1st world citizens consume so much and they contribute 100x more carbon over the course of their lifetime!" Developing nations are known for really inefficient use of their carbon energy resources to fuel their growth.

Pray that cold fusion is solved or our stupid stigma against nuclear power is abolished in the next 100 years.
>>
>>80281399
This, the human race seriously needs culling and nature always tries to balance itself out.

Most of what they predict regarding global warming is absolute bullshit though.
We are now at 400ppm, but the earth was lush green had greater biodiversity at 2000ppm than we have now.

Even if we keep on burning fossil fuels for another 1000 years we would not reach 2000ppm. Even if you factor in worst case scenario feedback loops it would still take atleast another 400 years to reach CO2 concentrations which in the past was very advantageous to life on earth.
>>
>>80281078

Hoax. False Religion.
>>
File: really makes you think huh.jpg (116 KB, 625x409) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think huh.jpg
116 KB, 625x409
Global warming is uncool.
>>
>>80281078
>for certain happening, if you believe that Ice Ages occurred you necessarily must believe that the global climate can and will change

>Humans are probably interfering with or accelerating the change. There's not 100% clad empirical data to support this, but it just makes sense through basic reasoning and logic. We know we are pumping CO2 and other green house gasses into the air. We know that the increased presence of these gases causes changes to our planet and environment. Just look at how different life on earth was in different periods of time, at points the oxygen level was so high that insects were able to grow to outrageous sizes.

BUT

>claims about the imminent nature of catastrophic climate change are entirely unsubstantiated and there is no reason to think we will start seeing the effects soon (even in 1000s of years)

>Just "stopping" the use of fossil fuels will not work. There will always be people willing to throw the environment under the bus to make a quick buck and much of our current infrastructure relies on fossil fuels. For example, my igloo is heated by natural gas, and if it wasn't I would freeze to death in the winter. I can't just stop using natural gas.

>The climate has consistently changed over the course of earths history and we found a little pocket of time in which we can do very well in the climate. If we let the earths natural processes change it we will likely die off as a result. Therefore halting human contributions to climate change is totally pointless in the long run.

Moral of the story: Climate change is natural and will happen regardless of how many fossil fuels we use. We should focus on climate control, not stopping the use of fossil fuels. We should investigate ways in which we can alter the climate of our planet at will. This could also deliver powerful lessons on how to terraform other planets and indeed a place like Mars would make a nice testing ground for climate control methods.
>>
>>80281353
scam? you can literally measure it independently
>>
Anything anybody does to try and stop it is meaningless and hopeless when China produces metric fucktons of all pollutions at 10x the rate of anyone else.
>>
>>80283320
we're still technically in an ice age m8, it's gonna get a hell of a lot worse in the next 100-200 years or so if we don't halt emissions and deforestation by killing most of the people in Africa and Brazil.
>>
>>80287331
*and half the people in China
>>
>>80281078
Climate change is real.
It was caused by humans.
It's too late to fix it now.
>>
>>80286743
(((measure)))
>>
>>80281078
"Who gives a fuck?"
>>
>>80281078
used to think it was real but after 5 years of uni in Biology
I began realizing how fudged reports are to pursue specific results often paid for or lobbied by corporations and politics

So I feel like its largely bullshit at this point, but more in that it is happening but the effects are miniscule due to cooling as well
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.