[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, first post here. I've always considered myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Spike Hat!.jpg (45 KB, 590x450) Image search: [Google]
Spike Hat!.jpg
45 KB, 590x450
Hey /pol/, first post here.

I've always considered myself a liberal, but after last night's shootings in my city, I have become disgusted with how liberals and the left seem to continue to defend the Black Lives Matter movement and not write it off as a decidedly hateful and racist group.

Also, I thought I was anti-gun for the most of my life, but in the past few months or so I've become increasingly interested in the idea of owning a handgun and conceal-carrying a weapon.

Am I slowly becoming conservative? I would consider myself economically left-leaning, but my social views seem to shift further and further right with each terrorist attack that occurs in the U.S.

Am I wrong for thinking like this?
>>
>>80264238
yes you racist bigot now leave /pol/ and never return
>>
File: shutitdown.webm (3 MB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
shutitdown.webm
3 MB, 600x250
just lurk more,
then you will understand.
>>
>>80264238
>Texas liberals

Literally cancer personified.
>>
>>80264602
This. Your hateful beliefs are not welcome here.
>>
gtfo texas boy
>>
This is normal.
Young liberal eventually become conservatives.
Because age and experience ultimately wipes out these silly ideas.
>>
>>80264238
you're here forever
>>
File: polflag1.jpg (338 KB, 1143x800) Image search: [Google]
polflag1.jpg
338 KB, 1143x800
>>80264238
>posting on /pol/
>b-b-but i'm a liberal!

It happened to me. It'll happen to you.

That cognitive dissonance you're feeling is your brain opening up to alternative philosophies that were, until now, taboo.
>>
Welcome to /pol/! You may check out at any time but you can never leave
>>
>>80264238
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/formally-recognize-black-lives-matter-terrorist-organization
>>
#cutforblacklives
>>
>>80264238
hi dave rubin
>>
Time to #killallniggers.
>>
>>80264238
Yes, you are. Embrace it though. Once you get red pilled on one subject there is really no going back.
>>
I was like you. By all accounts I should be as Liberal as they come. I went to an arts high school and have a liberal arts degree.
But the sheer stupidity, vapidity and hypocrisy of the modern left turned me into a permanently pissed off conservative.
Yesterday all my Facebook friends were posting about how great BLM was, how they were justified in interrupting the pride parade while simultaneously mourning the death of a serial criminal child molester. Today, radio silence about the deaths of 5 cops.
Disgusts me senpai.
>>
File: 1467694167296.jpg (498 KB, 1360x1020) Image search: [Google]
1467694167296.jpg
498 KB, 1360x1020
>>80264238

Welcome fag
>>
File: 1460411965728.jpg (174 KB, 720x500) Image search: [Google]
1460411965728.jpg
174 KB, 720x500
/pol/ is a board of peace
>>
You are probably liberal in the classic sense of the word.

These people who call themselves liberals have gone so far left and so deep into racial divide and hatred amongst anyone who doesn't follow their dogma to be heresy that they have become the very thing they swore to destroy.

Detach yourself from them, and do the same to your family and friends.

We don't need anymore people buying into their equality rhetoric when all it's done was polarize and condemn this nation.
>>
>>80265476
/thread
>>
>>80264238
Look for /cfg/
You'll really feel good then
>>80264039
>>
>>80264238
growing up
>>
>>80264238
>Am I slowly becoming conservative?
Everyone is. It's called growing up and giving up silly utopian ideals.
>>
>>80265476
Indeed.
This has been known for decades.
Winston Churchill (and other before him have said this too, but he's the one who I remember):
>If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain
>>
>inb4 making this about yourself

Hey /pol/! I consider myself a liberal, but I'm starting to get confused about my political identity too. I strongly disagree with Feminism and BLM. I signed >>80266250 and I am an MRA. Should I consider myself a liberal?
>>
File: winston-churchill-40-36-10.jpg (63 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
winston-churchill-40-36-10.jpg
63 KB, 850x400
>>80264238
It's all apart of growing up, my friend
>>
>>80264238
>Am I wrong for thinking like this?

Do yourself a favor and work on your self-esteem. Don't get your validation outside, constantly begging for the approval of your peers. Earn it from yourself. And not by using various labels as a means to judge your own self-worth, you are who you are and your opinions and beliefs are a different beast entirely - they change and grow over time, just as you do. Seriously, start viewing things that way and you're going to be a much happier person in the long run.
>>
>>80268604
Try some of the questionnaires like https://www.politicalcompass.org/

The fact that you can comprehend someone having beliefs against the typical liberal line for reasons other than "THEY ARE A DIRTY RACIST SEXIST KKK NAZI" is really the most important aspect. At that point it doesn't really matter what you identify politically because it means you are capable of rational thought. You will still probably struggle to find a party or movement that encompasses all of your beliefs without going against other ones.

If you openly stated that you disagree with BLM then liberals will call you a racist, call your place of employment and try to get you fired for being a racist, organize boycotts to stifle your racist companies or projects, etc. Same with disagreeing with feminism and thus being a sexist.

MRA is in a weird spot because A) They don't do any actual activism, and B) There is still a lot of worthless trash in their ranks. Not only does having the image of a collection of the undesirable population make it impossible to gain social and cultural support, but those with some ability to cause social influence begin to have more and more incentive to dissociate away from the group as it harms their social and financial prospects.

Don't be like BLM, MRA has to pick a few reasonable, specific, measurable, and achievable goals and pursue them rigorously. Conflating the interests of MGTOWs who want to be left alone, with divorced men who want fair alimony/child support laws, with PUA scum that wants to show off their ego, is not harmonious enough to achieve anything.
>>
>>80264238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jbWzr726rs
>>
>>80264238
It doesn't always have to be left vs right. You can believe what you want on any issue man.

You're gonna carry that weight.
>>
>>80264238

>I've always considered myself a liberal

A large number on here, myself included, would share that experience.

>I have become disgusted with how liberals and the left seem to continue to defend the Black Lives Matter movement.

For me, it was the attacks on free speech that broke the camels back. As someone who is 30, being a college liberal a bit over a decade ago came with a absolute belief in free speech. "Liberal" ideals have changed though. In your case, look at how the left-leaning press viciously attacked war hero and Democrat Jim Webb for having the temerity to say "All Lives Matter," during the Presidential debates. They called him a racist, bigot, and dinosaur, not caring that his own wife was Vietnamese.

>Also, I thought I was anti-gun for the most of my life, but in the past few months or so I've become increasingly interested in the idea of owning a handgun...

Nothing wrong with that. It is your right as an American citizen. This shows a very particular mind-set much more common on the right, personal responsibility. YOU are the one who is responsible for your own safety and security.

>Am I slowly becoming conservative?

Maybe. One's perspective changes over time. Until you've spent a number of years in the real world, it is easy to believe that unrealistic utopian ideals could work.

>Am I wrong for thinking like this?

No. The thing is, at your core, you are still who you are. I was always one who got caught in a "save the world" mentality, white knight (not the internet kind) and all that bullshit. However, it wasn't until I aged a bit that I realized that hand-outs and "saving" people harmed more than anything. It is promoting self-determination that actually benefits people because they become productive members of society and can take care of themselves. That desire to help always remains, but it transformed due to experience.

You are still YOU, and presumably a good person, perhaps with new perspective and wisdom
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.