[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is life like in Canada ?are there opportunities to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 30
File: image.png (18 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18 KB, 1280x640
What is life like in Canada ?are there opportunities to make decent money and live a good life? Is Justin Trudeau good leader or could it be better and if it isn't great is it improving? Does Justin Trudeau have the Canadians best interests at heart? There is so many questions I wish to ask about Canadians please tell me everything
>>
All life in the Anglosphere is quite similar. Why are you thinking about moving to Canada? Just curious -- and everywhere besides Ontario and Quebec is literally the abyss.
>>
>>80155894

Oil based economy has caused western canada to slow down a bit, but there are still a ton of job.

If you like hunting and finishing we still have more untouched wilderness than anywhere on earth. That is why Brock Lesnar has been living here for the past 4-5 years.

At UFC 200 this weekend he will be "fighting out of Regina, Canada" when they announce him during his ring entrance.
>>
>>80155894
Literally the same as America except you don't get shot.
>>
>>80155894
Canada Is Wonderful, Yes! HaHa!! :)
>>
>>80156746
and Gas is more expensive and you get taxed a lot.

but hey free healthcare and you may even see a roaming polar bear on the metro from time to time!
>>
>>80156611
What a time to be canadian !

Brock lesnar fights out of regina.I feel so fucking proud of myself as a canadian !
>>
>>80157718

He is here because of the conservative values and the hunting. he is also buddies with Premier brad Wall (who will one day be the head of the conservative party of Canada).
>>
>>80158464
>>80157051

Would conservatives ever dare abolish the national healthcare system to instill private healthcare ? Seems like a lot of Canadians value their free Heathcare system and it's rather effective contrary to conservative myths about MUH lines
>>
File: lol.png (29 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
29 KB, 2000x1000
:^)
>>
File: typical canadian morning walk.png (511 KB, 667x770) Image search: [Google]
typical canadian morning walk.png
511 KB, 667x770
>>
>>80159013
Our healthcare system is great cuz if the lines ever get too long we just take our insurance across the border for some top notch work ;).

But seeing as there isn't much to actually do here we don't really mind waiting 6 hours for something like a flu shot
>>
>>80159013

healthcare is still sacred.

Canadian conservatives favor a two tier helthcare system:

Tier 1: Our existing system. No one falls through the cracks, no deductibles. It is good in an emergency or for your annual physical, but there can be long wait times for elective procedures. MRI backlogs too, and for also for joint pain.

Tier 2: Private for-profit healthcare for people who can afford to skip to the front of the line can do so. Private MRI clinics, private day surgery, etc. Premium care centers with luxry private rooms for overnight procedures.

When the tier 2 providers are slow, they take on tier 1 patients at no cost and help reduce backlog.

Everybody wins, but liberals are upset because it means admitting tier 2 people are richer and this hurts feelings.
>>
>>80160214

Iam all for a private and a single payer healthcare system . Just hate how conservatives for years have been voting against their own economic interests only voting to keep Heathcare private when most of them would massively benefit from public healthcare
>>
>>80159705
>waiting 6 hours for something like a flu shot

???

Flu shots are available at pharmacies, libraries, schools, etc. Every school in my city opens up in the evening for one week with nurses filling the gynmasium giving out flu shots.

Walk in, get the needle in under 30 seconds, and walk out.

Larger companies can also have a public health nurse visit the place of employment and give out free flu shots to staff.
>>
>>80155894
fuck off we're full
>>
>>80161217
it's called a joke

We still have long waiting times in our ERs
>>
>>80159705
Please explain. I was facing a 1-year wait time for surgery but thankfully got on the short-notice list. How can I get things done in the States in the future?
>>
Relative to America:

>the economy is worse
>cost of living is higher
>housing is unaffordable
>less crime unless you live around natives
>you make less money
>weather is shit half the year
>>
>>80161843
>We still have long waiting times in our ERs

Only because soccer moms bring their retarded kids to the ER when they have a cold or to remove slivers.

There are dozens of walk in clinics open late that can treat cuts, minor burns, and other trivial shit. Canadians are notorious for abusing the ER for trivial shit and it has to stop.
>>
File: CROBUGFUwAEh55H.png (248 KB, 600x547) Image search: [Google]
CROBUGFUwAEh55H.png
248 KB, 600x547
>>80158464
>Bred Wall
>Wall
Does anyone doubt the existence of meme magic at this point?
>>
>>80161280

Already working on getting my Canadian citizenship once I graduate from law school and if our retarded hicks vote against their own economic interests and vote in NeoCon Trump
>>
Life in anglo countries is pretty much the same wherever you go. If you come to Canada just avoid the Toronto area, Vancouver area, Ottawa area and Montreal. Those areas are literally where all of the cuckold stories come from.

Justin Trudeau's a shit-tier leader but just like any canadian politician, his policies largely just effect Ontario, Quebec and Vancouver. Most Canadians are apolitical and don't bother voting because Canadian politics are only focused around two provinces and a city, which is part of why Trudeau got elected in the first place. Most people outside of his influence are neutral towards him but with a slight lean towards disliking him

also literally all niggers are in toronto, mudslimes are in montreal and western canada is a chinese colony. Northern Canada is literally a wasteland that's only populated by Eskimos who ride dog sleds and hunt seals, and nutjobs who do strange shit in the middle of no where.

alberta, saskatchewan, manitoba, rural quebec, the maritime provinces and newfoundland are where uncucked whites live.
>>
File: 1445303610856.jpg (153 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
1445303610856.jpg
153 KB, 500x342
>>80155894
>life like in Canada
Hell

>opportunities to make decent money and live a good life
Nope, all taken up. No jobs, no money.

>Justin Trudeau good leader
Nope, that isn't how our political system works. It's the party that controls the government, not a single man. Besides, Justin is just a puppet.

>Justin Trudeau have the Canadians best interests
Nope, he will do everything in his power to make it worse

>tell me everything
If you are not weathered to living on your own accord and soon living in the wild like the pioneers before, you won't be ready to live in Canada when the collapse happens. And it will happen. It is slowly becoming a welfare state where only the strong will survive.

So stay where you are.
>>
>>80165319
White boy jealous he's getting outbid on property in urban centers by non-whites?

You literally listed the areas with the least amount of opportunities. It's like you want to receive shit pay and then bitch about cucks after it's your own SO that starts sucking wealthy chink vancouverite dick
>>
File: froggies.jpg (225 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
froggies.jpg
225 KB, 800x600
feels great desu

also voted for Trudeau unironically
>>
>>80165319

Where area/province produces the most talented hockey players ?
>>
>>80166425
nova scotia and quebec.
>>
>>80166141
>>opportunities to make decent money and live a good life
>Nope, all taken up. No jobs, no money.

Nope. There are severe job shortages in tech.

LinkedIn is filled with recruiters wanting my ass in their firms. Learn in-demand skills and market yourself, or create your own job, instead of bitching about a lack of work.
>>
>>80166141
>life like in Canada
>Hell
lol fuck off, explain how your life is hell.... and I mean real things, not having to hear Turd's inane speeches or PC shit on the news.

I mean how is life here hell sans media. You should travel around the world and see how life is elsewhere.
>>
>>80166377
> also voted for Trudeau unironically

Good man.
>>
>>80166425
Ontario and Saskatchewan
>>
>>80166377
there there, Cuque, there is hope for you yet. Don't listen to all those defeatist frogs.
>>
>>80156746
Basically this. Imagine America if it were actually a nice place to live.

The city planning and architecture are also mostly the same outside of Quebec and Newfoundland (they were settled before the advent of the car, but enough money to develop properly only flowed into places west of Ottawa around the turn of the century.)

It's also not as left-leaning as you'd think. There's some prominent SJWs, but notice how they all turn their energies towards the US. Canadians just don't really care about that shit as much, we got better shit to do/complain about. Like natives. Fuck natives.

>>80157016
You see, canada isn't a monarchy like the USA, so JUSTin doesn't actually represent all canadian people, nor does he even make decisions for the country as a whole.
>>
>>80166377
Man, don't post that shit. I don't need those fucking frogs in my life.
>>
The real answer is that life in Canada is so good, even in the shitty cities and rural areas, that people think it is terrible.

I mean, think about it. All the Canadians on the internet obviously have enough food to stay alive, and enough free time to shitpost.

It's fine.
>>
>>80166695

I bet he lives in Nunavut and refuses to move to a fucking city where the jobs are. Reading the stats on where the jobs are isn't hard.
>>
>>80163442
Canadian law and burger law is handled differently
>>
>>80159230
whats it like being stuck in 1969

>>80159705
>waiting 6 hours for something like a flu shot
lmao what flu shots are given all over towns

you might have to wait if you live in a shithole with only one hospital and no other civic buildings, but in cities, you can get them basically anywhere

it's only ER visits that take forever, and only if you're a moron who goes because you broke a nail. Triage is usually pretty good, and if you have a serious injury, you'll be rushed through
>>
>>80166612
Doing what exactly and where?

I got like half way through my CS degree before I had to drop out. Been debating on weather or not I should try and finish or just say fuck it and pick up a trade.
>>
>>80155894
>What is life like in Canada ?
Garbage

>are there opportunities to make decent money and live a good life
No.

>Does Justin Trudeau have the Canadians best interests at heart?
No.
>>
>>80166612
>Nope. There are severe job shortages in tech.
this is true worldwide because of STEM memery

CS especially is bubbling, and it's even worse in the US
>>
It's honestly great. Not sure if there is anywhere better to live that I can think of. Maybe Amsterdam.

I live in Toronto. It's not as bad as people in the country make it sound. The people are really nice and there's a cool island with beaches that you can bike around and chill on. Lots of jobs and opportunity. Plenty of things to do as its a world class city and all tours/shows make a stop here.
>>
It's by no stretch perfect, but I love this country. We don't have too many refugees like in Europe nor do we have (much) black people who behave like niggers.

The wildlife scenery is beautiful, I just wish our buildings had more rustic looking culture in them, they look bleak in some cities.

All things considered, I'm pretty content here, guy.
>>
Alberta is best. NDP are getting hate
>>
>>80155894
Imagine a really big Minnesota
>>
File: 3D smug.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
3D smug.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>80166190
I work at IOC in Labrador, I make $39 per hour.
>>
>>80167626
oh and the healthcare is great. Wait times are short as long as you go to the right hospital. The doctors are all really smart second generation chinese and indian immigrants so they treat you well.

I voted for Trudeau and I don't regret it.

Winters are brutal here. That's the only negative I can think of really.
>>
Please don't come, thanks.
>>
>>80167143
>It's also not as left-leaning as you'd think. There's some prominent SJWs, but notice how they all turn their energies towards the US.

Adding to this:

1. LGBT folks are currently hating on SJWs from BLM Toronto.

2. Olivia Chow started losing to John Tory in Toronto the moment she started spewing SJW crap.

The fact that there aren't police shootings of minorities and other forms of overt and shitty racism means that asides from a few loud cunts in the Canadian Federation of Students, most ethnic minorities (especially East and South Asians) could give less of a fuck about SJW shit.

Also, Black folks here are not descendants of slaves and you'd be surprised to know that they heavily vote for centre right-leaning politicians in Canada.
>>
>>80168287
>Winters are brutal here.
Depends where you are - for the last couple years winters in the west have been really mild but winters in the east have been nasty.
>>
>>80155894
Normally I love these threads
But you're a faggot OP

Hey guys
we got a really big file dump today
So CTR is spamming us with this shit

Also, they killed a person to have a news story to deflect from the hearings today
2 people actually
These people are evil

FBI anon did it for you
FBI anon did it for his country
FBI anon did it for free

Return the favor
Join CFG
>>80160882

Together
We Are
Invincible
>>
File: 2016.png (494 KB, 800x418) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
494 KB, 800x418
>tfw your head of state is a like Putin as far as raw meme value, yet Weed Man has none of the badass factor but all of the nation-wrecking factor with the added bonus of bending over for Jews and shitskins
>>
>>80168287
Lower mainland BC and southern Ontario winters aren't that bad.
>>
I just got back from Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, and France and I have a new view on living in Canada. I love living here, we have it very good. One of the best places in the world to live in for a reason.
>>
>>80167448
Don't worry if you don't have a degree. Just teach yourself skills and build up a portfolio on github. Also, keep your LinkedIn up-to-date with relevant skills, programming frameworks, and programming languages. You'll have recruiters coming to you with some short term contracts you can start to build your experience in the industry with.

Basically, you'll get hired with or without a degree, as long as you have the requisite skills.
>>
>>80169046
Canadians tend to forget this because they often lack perspective.

Canada is the idealistic America people have in their heads.
>>
>>80167626
>I live in Toronto.
im so sorry

montreal says "frig off"

>>80168439
also this, americans pls stay out, we dont need you shitting up the place with your white tears
>>
>>80155894
its basically the united states but with higher taxes and free healthcare
since trudeau became prime minister nothing really has changed
>>
>>80167626
>It's honestly great.

Don't you ever say that fucking shit in public again you god damn fucking imbecile.
>>
>>80169656
Can't have people moving to Toronto. Americunts will bring their shitty binary us vs them politics with them.
>>
>>80169362
Also, less income inequality, far fewer guns, and a far lower military presence.
>>
>>80168287
>Winters are brutal here.
Kek. True Canadians do not fear the cold, and desu summers are a lot worse: hot as fuck, bugs everywhere & can't wear comfy clothes. The only good thing about summer is that girls dress like sluts.
>>
>>80155894
>want to become lawyer
>have to live in Toronto to go to only decent law school in Canada
>Have to pay kikes $2000/mo rent to live in shitskin infested hellhole
>If I want to buy a house to live and work I'll have to buy a million buck shack
>pay 40% of income in taxes
>pay $11000 in property taxes on top of paying for private education to avoid getting my kids brainwashed in public education, which 'teaches' gay sex teannie shit and so on to 7 year olds
>get burgeled, get sued by the robber for punching and restraining him
>build lego gun, get swat raided
It's pretty good all in all if you live in the countryside though
>>
>>80169307
I guess I need to find something to program as a hobby again ;_;
>>
>>80168579
>The fact that there aren't police shootings of minorities and other forms of overt and shitty racism means that asides from a few loud cunts in the Canadian Federation of Students, most ethnic minorities (especially East and South Asians) could give less of a fuck about SJW shit.

Also, most minorities here are middle-class and are likely to own a business or property. It's surprisingly difficult to get into Canada, especially into Quebec (where most immigrants would want to come, usually for school or high-tech industry; Vancouver is far too expensive and doesn't have a lot going for it other than property trading so it's mostly rich chinese there, and the interior has no jobs for fresh faces with no western blue collar experience)

Basically, if you run into an Arab or Chinese guy in the street, chances are they're either a rich student from abroad, or are from a middle-class family that owns a small business or does white collar work. Blacks not so much, but we don't have the same racially tense culture, so blacks and whites tend to be pretty comparable in terms of class and culture and are very diverse.

It was actually a big problem during those student riots over tuition unfreezing; it was very hard to get minorities onboard, because they simply didn't care. They had the money to absorb extra costs, didn't care about the precedent it'd set because they planned on becoming rich enough to pay or leaving the country after school, and already had a distaste for the left wing because, again, these are people with money.

>>80169362
>since trudeau became prime minister nothing really has changed
this is true, there has probably not been one significant change to Canada for the past decade or more

last big thing I remember is the long gun registry getting scrapped but no one really cared and even the liberals were like "yeah this thing did not help at all, thank god its gone because that shit was expensive too"
>>
>>80155894
Fuck off yankee
>>
>>80169929
>accuse nation of people of being binary
Only a sith deals in absolutes.
>>
>>80167626
>toronto
>world class
Lmao no. But it's not a bad place all things considered
>>
>>80170258
>willingly living in Toronto
here's where you fucked up m8

also canadian gun law is very reasonable, just get a PAL and you can have plenty of nice toys. just get something with either a non-detachable magazine, or a magazine that can be fitted permanently. the LE 5 ROUND HAHA KEKED round limit only applies to detachable magazines. If you get, like, a shotgun with an 8 round tube, it's fine, because you need tools to remove it.

I believe the limit also requires they be centrefire cartridges, so .22 and other rimfire cartridges are fair game to get drum mags for
>>
>>80155894
It's shit and every young person here is depressed as fuck at the lack of everything that was available to their parents and grandparents.
>>
>>80169929
Fuck off.
>>
>>80168579
So, Canadian blacks are bro tier? Most of them, anyway??

Then, why the fuck do I see Canadians posting shit about blacks, calling them dindus/niggers/etc. If blacks there are OK for the most part, why the fuck are some Canadians posting/talking shit about them here? They just want to fit in?

This isn't the first time someone has said this, either. I've spoken with Canadians both irl and online, and the general consensus is that blacks there are culturally different and there's no extreme, overt racism or outright hatred.

What the fuck. Explain this dichotomy.
>>
>>80170429
Start with building a personal website. Start with a static site, but then work iteratively and add features to it, like a back end that manages your resume's details, or manages a blog roll.

Also, if you have basic web dev skills: sell your skills to build out simple sites for clients. There's plenty demand for this, surprisingly enough.

It's like getting paid to teach yourself, being your own goddamn apprentice, while getting job experience.
>>
>>80171095
hello fambam, im interested in getting gun license. Any recommendations on pistols?
>>
Avoid Toronto at all costs. It's the SJW capital of the world and the droves of people with shitty attitudes is disgusting.
>>
>>80159230
Thanks anon for reminding us of the most nationalistic province in the country.
>>
>>80171184
>the lack of everything that was available to their parents and grandparents.
such as?
>>
>>80155894
Barely any niggers in the smaller towns but you will get more in a 250000+ city. All the sjws are in the major universities in Toronto.
>>
File: canadianshopping.png (846 KB, 1515x1088) Image search: [Google]
canadianshopping.png
846 KB, 1515x1088
Canada is a shithole period. canadians are masters of fooling themselves or outright lieing about what they say about Canada. They make up whatever excuse to admit their pathetic lifestyle. Our government fucks with everything and makes life difficult for everyone. I don't know how anyone can stand living here after experiencing life outside of canada, its only then you can tell how shit this place is because they've been bluepilling you stupid canucks since childhood.

The service here is horrible, the infrastructure is outdated, the people are obnoxious and don't keep their promises. Fuck Canada, fuck your stupid flag and fuck this thread you are obviously a cbsa shill with a proxy.
>>
It's just like America except I don't have to worry about getting shot when I go to the store.
>>
>>80155894
its ok, healthcares slow but you dont really have to pay attention to insurance or shit. wish we had more rights and stuff, the hate speech stuff is pretty lame. for the most part its nice. we've got some dumb guns banned cause they look scary. ontario is a shithole, quebec is a shithole except for montreal. east coast has no money whatsoever. alberta and BC are really beautiful. Big cities are liberal as fuck. we've got a lot of good programs going on like the red seal trades programs and stuff.
>>
>>80169656
why dawg
>>
>>80171787
>this mad over a keyboard
>>
>>80171461
Visit your local range. They may have the forearm safety classes and proctored exams that you'll need to take and pass in order to apply for your PAL and RPAL
>>
>>80155894
OP don't listen to these cum guzzling proud-to-be nigger/faggot loving Canadians.
Canada is a shithole just like America
West is crawling with subhuman rice nigger scum and the floodgates have opened in the east for brown poo people. Homelessness is a HUGE problem and a majority of people think its "cool" to be PC and multicultural.
Are PM is the biggest turd of them all. Just imagine a white Obama thats FRENCH. You know who speaks french? Niggers in Africa, thats who.

The government wants more and more immigrants and my tax dollars line their wallets. I want to help CANADIANS not immigrants

/rant
>>
>>80171787
I actually hate the CBSA more then anything
They are the absolute worst people in all of Canada. They are in a position of power and abuse it. I have never met an agent I didn't want to punch in the face
>>
>>80155894
You can work remotely for American corps.
Check weworkremotely.com or jobspresso.co or angelist

Toronto is nigra central, avoid.
Montreal is OK (but cold as fuck in Winter).
Quebec City is a bit better because traditional as fuck but also freezing.

Vancouver has shitload of browns and nogs out in the suburbs but weather is good.

Victoria is good. Bonus being an American is you can fly across the border and pick up cheap shit.

If I were you move to Point Roberts, US. It's literally a gated community with border guards and surrounded by water/Canada.

Or you could go live with Brock Lesnar in nowheresville, Saskatchewan on a farm.
>>
>>80171380
I live in Toronto, so probably the highest concentration of black people. Most of them are Caribbean immigrants, so obviously they're pretty chill.

Most of the gang violence around here is caused by blacks/arabs but they only kill each other so it's all good. There were only 25 homicides in Toronto last year. That's not bad for a population of 2.6 mil.
>>
>>80171380
well, they won't be to you, because they know you're an american and secretly hate them.

the best explanation I can come up with is that those canadians are speaking on american dindus specifically. In canada, blacks are not that different from whites, and even when the're all about that MOTHER AFRIKA shit with obnoxious plastic jewelry and excessive amounts of cocoa butter, theyre at least not overtly belligerent so there's not a lot of racial tension with them. and like I already said, arabs and chinese and such are typically middle class (or are at least employed at all), and don't get up to no good.

it's fuckken natives you have to watch out for. crack-addled belligerent shitters, the lot of them. and they fuck up their own communities and then blame the white man for it. basically like blacks in the US, except we pay them more welfare and actually give them ammunition and firearms for free

>>80171787
>i have to pay more for a shitty membrane keyboard off an american website so canada is bad, wah wah wah ;_;
just go to a local computer guy and pick one up for 5 bucks

I got mine for 10 at a pawn shop, it works fine

>>80171501
whats it like living in 1969

>>80171461
airsoft p08 luger with a snail magazine and several picatinny rails JB welded to it
>>
>>80172802
go back to africa

>>80173048
islanders are chill on their own but their gangs do vicious shit to eachother

never EVER leave a jamaican and a trinny in the same room together
>>
>>80161843
>>80162544

In ontario, wait times for trivial shit at ERs are 3 to 4 hours max. They even have a website that reports ER times in real time. Our health care system is surprisingly not shit.

>>80170429
I have a feel that you are a retard. Why did you drop out of your CS program? Do you know the difference between weather and whether?
>>
>>80170443
>It was actually a big problem during those student riots over tuition unfreezing; it was very hard to get minorities onboard, because they simply didn't care. They had the money to absorb extra costs, didn't care about the precedent it'd set because they planned on becoming rich enough to pay or leaving the country after school, and already had a distaste for the left wing because, again, these are people with money.

I'm a minority, diehard Liberal shill, and I wore a green square out of spite against the campus socialists because fuck the CFS.

But to add more to your point:

> There is no stigma in minority communities for living at home. That cuts down on rent costs.

> Minority or Immigrant parents generally pay for their children's education if they can afford it

> In terms of non-immigrant white parents, not all of them do, requiring their sons and daughters to pay out of pocket. This is especially a problem because rich white kids aren't eligible for OSAP, and I know a few who ended up in shitty situations because their parents refused to pay for their education.

> Minorities see university as a stepping stone into a better life, so they go for degrees that pay well: STEM and business. White kids do gender studies, psychology, fine arts, humanities shit, and sociology
>>
>>80171380
We talk shit about your blacks, not ours.
>>
>>80173281
You've obviously never met a CBSA

I'm 25, white, male, tax payer and they harrass me no matter what my business is crossing the boarder or importing goods from cross the boarder
>>
once you leave the cities with the sjw shit it's actually a half decent place to live
>98% white
>conservative
>people in the country also hate pakis and gooks
>>
>>80155894
Memes aside it's pretty good.

I don't know why the loser Canadians bitch so much about it on here, there aren't many better places 2bh
>>
>>80171184
> It's shit and every young person here is depressed as fuck at the lack of everything that was available to their parents and grandparents.

Yo what? Which Canada do you live in? Are you borrowing American leftist occupy wall street talking points?
>>
File: 1462408126194.jpg (77 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
1462408126194.jpg
77 KB, 800x522
>>80172294
I forgot to mention the Canadian will do whatever they can, they will grasp at every straw to make themselves look better than Americans like in this thread, just look at how you fuckers are so eager to promote your shit tier country to op who is probably a cbsa shill. I've been here and the US for over 20 years there is absoutely no reason to come to this shit country unless your on a business trip. Everything is overpriced, the service is terrible, and i think your healthcare is injected something into the people that make them retarded.
>>
>>80173596
I'm a white kid and I went the asian route. It worked out well.

>>80173734
>>80172802
This is true. They searched me and were very rude the last time I flew into the country. Also an upper-middle class white male.
>>
The natives really fucking ruin it here, they're worse than niggers. Having a cuck libtard for a PM is pretty gay too.

Canada is extra fucked compared to the states.

If you must go, go to the prairie provinces and stay away from the reservations.
>>
>>80171328
Do you want an American two-party shit-tier system?
>>
>>80155894
whats the biggest city without homeless and asians?
>>
>>80173734
again, go back to africa.

>>80173812
>once you leave the cities with the sjw shit
literally only toronto and ottawa and those cities are objectively terrible anyway
>boring
>few jobs
>expensive everything
>bad city planning
and toronto is the only actually dangerous city in canada. pretty much all of ontario can be written off as only mattering for tourists.
>>
>>80174630
montr-- ok honestly not montreal. probably somewhere in newfoundland

i dont remember meeting a single asian in halifax but the place is pretty poverty so theres probably homeless people
>>
A worse version of the U.S with significantly more non-whites and a lot less crime.

Quebec and the east coast is pretty based outside of Montreal.
>>
it seems the only place with no degenerates are in places no one wants to go
>>
>>80174690
>>80174894
I don't know what your obsession is with Africa. Cross the border and see what its like dealing with those assholes and try and defend them. They are literal scum

>>80174894
I am from Newfoundland and work there periodically and I don't ever see homeless people.
I don't know what Halifax you've been going to because thats where I live now and its gook central
>>
>>80175202
>outside of Montreal.
you know we're gonna have to take this 1 outside rite
>>
>>80175202
The two worst places in Canada...
>>
>>80173812
You forgot:

> no jobs outside the cities
> turns out you need welfare
> turns out gooks and pakis have highest median incomes
> live off of tax dollars from economic productivity of gooks and pakis

k
>>
>>80173734

CBSA is garbage. Almost as bad as TSA. But TSA is bad because they actually have to worry about terror attacks. Instead of just harassing brown and asian people, they harass everyone.
>>
>>80156746
Actually, aren't there more gun deaths per capita up here?
>>
File: faggot.jpg (79 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
79 KB, 620x349
>>80172802
holy shit dude I got a dog in the states on craigslist for free and got all the health related paperwork for it and the CBSA threatened to euthanize it if I didn't pay sales taxes on a fucking dog I got for free

these """"people"""" are not human
>>
>>80170443
Canada is surprisingly sane, isn't it?

Like NYTimes ran an article about how 'kind' canadians are about syrian refugees but they fail to cover that canada was only accepting 30K (much less than US planned, and way way much less than germany wants). The 30K refugees can't be men over 16 or single (no rapey ahmeds) and must be part of a family cause of security concerns. How sane is that as conditions for accepting refugee? We don't have liberals here to cry about muh racism. What is best is how stupid americans commented on it. They thought that it was how progressive we are to take those refugees in and not see the logic behind private refugee sponsorship program where canadians would have to flip the bill for a year for a refugee if they want them brought over. They couldn't connect how the program is literally like telling a bernie supporter who loves ahmed if he loves ahmed so much he should pay out of pocket for ahmed to come, and be responsible for his settlement.

>>80170850
It's better than chicago and NYC. I rather have chinese and poo-in-the-loos than blacks and spics. Its so refreshing after having to stay for weeks at end in chicago and NYC for business to come back to Toronto. It feels cleaner and safer and there are like so little crime.

>>80173596
>whites go to shit degrees, browns/asians to well paying degrees

I went to U of T. The only faculty that had a decent mix of minorities and whites were business. English, gender studies, sociology, that's white and a token black.
>>
>>80175697
literally all toronto's fault

>>80175745
yeah i saw that one on Border Security too
>>
>>80173507
>I have a feel that you are a retard.
I'm here, so chances are breddygood.

>Why did you drop out of your CS program?
Reasons. Spent too much time thinking about hanging myself and not enough time worrying about school. Never been comfortable in a school setting anyways, I'd much rather learn by practice (or be taught as I practice). Made it easy to drop out when my romantic life turned toxic.

>Do you know the difference between weather and whether?
One's shit that falls outta the sky and the other is a conditional term in a sentence. I even know when to use there, their, and they're, if you're curious.
>>
>>80173111
this is what im talking about, you fucking canadians come up with any excuse to defend your pathetic county
>local computer guy
>pawn shop
C'mon! it's 2016, the rest of the world gets all there stuff online. I'm not surpised you would say that though, it seems to be a common thing amongst socialists to settle for less. Cubans are still driving cars from the 1950's afterall, i'm sure thats what canada is aiming for, the rest of the world will be getting their shit delivered with drones while canadians have to go to the black market to use all their savings to buy a shit tier keyboard
>>
I live in the capital and it's the end of history here. I was on the public transit the other day and I was the only white person there and there were blacks dealing drugs openly next to me.
>>
>>80174492
no one is going to move to the prairies. Vancouver and Toronto are cool, every where else is shit but peaceful/
>>
>>80175775
>We don't have liberals here to cry about muh racism.
even better: our liberals aren't american """""liberals"""""" and actually act in their own interests. it's possible to be compassionate without literally inviting criminals to your neighborhood to live for free like americans seem to want

>>80175884
>C'mon! it's 2016, the rest of the world gets all there stuff online.
git gud and shop better
there are other sites than amazon, moron
>>
>>80175745
How the fuck did you py taxes on a free dog kek
Did you have to make up an amount or did a CBSA-Appointed Dog Appraisal Specialist do it?
>>
>>80161843
if you have an actual emergency you get taken right in, I had a kidney stone and was in cold sweats and shit and got right in even though the er was packed. If you go for trivial shit or are there for a follow up, you will spend a good amount of hours there.
>>
>>80171380
>>80171380
There are many different types of blacks. We don't have the blacks you guys have. Black people here are oddly respectably compare to my experience of blacks in chicago. The closes we have to a degenerative class of people in our society are the aboriginals. Our aboriginals also happen to have similar dependency on the state for their well being. They are given free houses (in the reserves), they are only educated up to grade 8 and drop out, the very few who do graduate high school are guaranteed spots in universities and they get free tuition, and they don't have to pay taxes. Anyways, these people are highly dependent on the state and a majority of them become incredibly degenerative that arises because multiple generations of them lived by gimmiedats.

I guess what I am saying is basically similar to >>80173111

our niggers are the natives. the natives are horrible. they are so uncivilized. they lost all notion of shame and respect and dignity.
>>
>>80176239
and there it is again more excuses, you think I haven't looked elsewhere? The state of online shopping in Canada is abysmal just like everything else in this country. Socialism makes everything inefficient and expensive, who would have guessed.
>>
>>80176239
>and actually act in their own interests.
I'd say we're done with that now that Trudeau is here
>>
So how do I go about moving to the states?
>>
File: 1467947905592.jpg (39 KB, 540x533) Image search: [Google]
1467947905592.jpg
39 KB, 540x533
>>
>>80176973
>I do not understand the parliamentary system, and STILL vote NDP. Please rape my face, but only a little bit, and kiss my head while you do it.

>>80177013
you don't need ANY primary documents to live normally in the US. Why do you think they have so many illegals? It's just easier. You don't need a social insurance number to open a bank account, you don't need a driver's license to buy a car, you don't need shit to do anything as long as you can pay cash.
>>
>>80176828
>Socialism makes everything inefficient and expensive, who would have guessed.
You're kidding, right? This is capitalism at work m8 - prices are what the market will bear.
>>
>>80177814
Pft I don't break the law.

How do I move there legally and become a citizen?
>>
>>80176402
their CBSA-Appointed Dog Appraisal Specialist determined my dog cost $300 and forced me to pay taxes on that amount
>>
>>80175846
You know CS is more than just programming? The picture the other anon is painting for you is one where you chase tech trends, and hedge your bets on the adoption plus ecosystem of frameworks/languages/whatevas. You should really go back to school and work on tackling your disabilities. There is no substitute for a proper CS education, especially if you want skills that are not whims to adoption.

I'm talking from (indirect) experience here. I knew a guy from uni. He couldn't cut the CS program. Math and all that nice shit was the bane of his existence. He could program but big O, wffs, that shit killed him. So he dropped out involuntarily (academic suspension). He went to do web, he made money while we didn't by working and knowing the LAMP stack. He then went big into wordpress plugin development, but then shit got hard and he is now struggling to pivot.

I speak to him every once in a while. He knows how to monkey around, but he doesn't have a good core understanding of what he is doing. He doesn't understand what scalability means, or that there is a theorem abouts it limits. it's sad. I told him to go back since his suspension must be up but he doesn't seem to care about doing that because he thinks he can reproduce past success. he can't see how he was lucky.
>>
>>80177916
also just go illegally and soon they'll give all illegals asylum
>>
>>80176828
>confuses capitalistic enterprises with socialism

lel
>>
>>80176973
How?

The previous government had literally zero clout on the international stage. Trudeau gets elected and you have foreign leaders lining up to suck his dick.

I want a Prime Minister who can seduce foreign leaders with his wiles and charms before he slowly but reassuringly penetrates their asses. Obama is already won over, and that friendship with benefits ultimately benefits Canada.
>>
>>80178269
I like to follow the rules.
>>
>>80178364
eh truedeau is a catcher not a pitcher
he'll suck chinas cock forever
>>
>>80178140
Poor fellow got stuck in wordpress-land? Damn.

Your advice in going back to finish the CS degree is still the best advice, but in absence of that you can still make an affordable living teaching yourself.

I wouldn't suggest chasing tech trends either, but it's possible to land jobs that over the course of a few years give you experience with a broad set of technologies, and allow you to ultimately find a place that's comfortable for you.

What I ultimately argue for is to abuse the job shortages and bring those labour market realities into your favour.
>>
>what's life like
It's good if you like the outdoors

>opportunities to make good money
Plenty, depends what you do though, oil is shit right now but tech, programming, finance and accounting are all doing solid

>Is Justin Trudeau good
All memes aside he isn't that bad, he doesn't have much power because he's just a PM

>does he have canadians best interests at heart
He seems like he does, can't say for certain but he's never done anything in spite
>>
>>80178973
Aye, but when the cock is in your mouth they are vulnerable.
>>
I live in the most expensive city in Canada (Vancouver) and my friend was able to barely make a living on one minimum wage job, which I hear is better than in some places.

He was also able to find a better job within a year of working at minimum wage.

Justin Trudeau is a "pretty good" leader who "usually" does the right thing and often acts kinda annoying/cringy in harmless ways. He's a goof who thinks he's super cool.

I'm pretty sure he was the best of the 3 main options in the last election.
>>
>>80180082
>complaining about price living in Vancouver

You could go to Victoria, Kelowna, Kamloops or Salmon Arm and get a job making the same amount of money with half the living costs.
>>
>>80180364
Those are also good options. Personally I wanna live on Bowen Island. I think it's worth noting that you don't NEED to do that to survive though.
>>
I lived in Toronto for two years working as a postdoc.
I got paid absolute shit and everything there is more expensive than the US, also sales tax is fucking 13%.
The healthcare is not free like everyone claims, I had to pay thousands for oral surgery.
Grad students at UT got paid half of what they make in the US, while the professors get paid more. Canadians are hypocrites about income equality.
Toronto is nicer than NYC but that's not saying much. If I actually had a real job I would have enjoyed it, but I was spending 60% of my paycheck on rent.
The worst part was being too poor to actually see the real country, I know some parts of Canada are really amazing.
>>
>>80180546
Bowen island is a cliquey insular place from what I've heard.

Most of the people who live there inherited, and aren't fond of outsiders.
>>
Americans do poorly in western and urban eastern canada.

Unless they're hicks in Alberta.

I can tell you for a fact that non red neck americans are treated like fucking garbage by everyone they'll ever meet who knows they're canadian.

I sincerely hope you're ready to go your entire life as someone who the general populace sees as an idiot who can't read a map, and every single liberal canadian you'll meet will argumentatively lay the sins of your nations history at your feet to brag about it on facebook
>>
>>80180546
To small for me. Victoria/Nanaimo, Kelowna/Okanagan, Salmon Arm/Vernon areas are the best places in BC. Good weather, not to many people but not so small you know everyone and there are good jobs if you have the right skills
>>
>>80180723
That's okay because I already know people who live there and who plan on staying for the long term

But yeah there's the "locals" and the rich fucks with mansions who hide from everyone else.
>>
>>80181003
this
>>
>>80181003
I just like how it's isolated but at the same time not THAT far from downtown.
>>
File: movetocanada.png (376 KB, 864x544) Image search: [Google]
movetocanada.png
376 KB, 864x544
>>80155894

How To Move To Canada (If Trump Becomes President)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E
>>
>>80178140
So if I don't really enjoy the theorem & maths side of CS I should just give up?

I've taken some basic algorithms courses and did the math requirements (linear algebra because fuck calculus), even if I had to hold my nose for some of that dry shit. But the stuff I enjoy has always been the problem solving side of things, in that practical, mechanical, business logic sense. The last CS course I did and loved was a basic unix course. Solving practical problems by gluing together programs in bash was fun as fuck. Real simple stuff but endlessly entertaining for me. The last real programming job I had, the shit I enjoyed the most was being balls deep in the business logic making it all work to spec (which, of course, was constantly changing). Everyone else thought I was strange because they'd rather work on pretty UX stuff, or goofy fluff features and buzzwordy web shit.
I dunno.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>>80155894
Here ya go OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E
>>
>>80180678
>I had to pay thousands for oral surgery.
It's true, dentistry is basically all private and it's a complete clusterfuck. It's just a big tower of dentists fucking insurers fucking businesses fucking employees. And just like the US' entire healthcare system, I'm not sure there's a way to un-fuck it safely.
>>
>>80180723

I used to spend a lot of time on Bowen island as a kid. We would go out sailing in the day and then spend the night on the boat in the harbor. Other days we would go hang out at that little lake in the middle of the island.

This was in the 80s though, and my dad could afford a sailboat, fees to store it in a vancouver marina, and own a house in vancouver on just a bartender's wages.

He has since been driven out by the asians like most other white people. He is now retired to a lake community further inland.
>>
>>80181976
Why would it be that difficult to move it under medicare along with prescription drugs?
>>
>>80181398
>>80181829
kek
>>
File: Canadian Red Ensign.png (111 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Canadian Red Ensign.png
111 KB, 2000x1000
>>80158464
Brad "the western conservative you should call" Wall

Best option since my boy/former MP Chris Alexander was character assassinated at a level unseen since gen. petraeus

>>80161843

THIS DESU. Can confirm, worked in a hospital as a porter, was one of the "emerg" porters that curried people up to rooms/away from EMRG.

long waits for all things b/c 80% visits could be handled by walk-in clinic
>>
>>80183363
the same reason why dentistry for everyone 18+ was gutted from OHIP in the first place

despite what many canadian morons in this thread and in general say, this shit ain't free. our system is massively inefficient and the worst per $/spent out of all countries with a universal system. be prepared to lose more coverage and relying on your employer's medical benefits (if you have them)
>>
Like America, except people on the Left and Right don't constantly get triggered and argue with each other and violence is way lower because their are almost 0 "ghetto" areas like their are in the US.
>>
>>80161280
>main landmass is bigger than all of America
>has only 1/10 America's population
>full

Yeah I know you cluster everyone in like 5 cities, but you're certainly not full.
>>
>>80165319
>his policies largely just effect Ontario, Quebec and Vancouver.

Then what policies affect Toronto?
>>
>>80185880

Yeah, I was born in Nova Scotia. Now live in New Brunswick. East coast NEEEDS people. Gov'mint is giving us oodles of Syrians, but whites or even anglophones would be nice.
>>
>>80184811
It's not the worst, it's around average, and the ones that are more efficient have more universal coverage not less.
>>
>>80186340

Why don't you just have some kids then? Otherwise you clearly don't actually believe the Maritimes need more people
>>
>>80181443
Yes and no.

If you cannot understand mathematics, or deal with proofs, CS isn't for you. You can't deal with that sort of thinking, you cannot deal with the theorems in CS that are there to guide us in how we program. Like say you need to deal with concurrency, how do you reason about that? A lot of the stuff you learn in a CS degree gives you ability to come up with solutions to these problems and know how to think about them. The down-range folks are normally consumers of that work but that is where you invite yourself into the trap. You aren't steering the car anymore, its the CS grads who are paid to solve problems for larger companies and you go on the ride with them until they abandon that shit because alternative solutions were better adopted.

UX is important, especially when value of apps is associated to usability.

>>80179197
The lower end of the market deserves abusing. The employers are asking the workers take risks and if their risks they take align with their stack, they than reward you. But yes, he is stuck in wordpress-land and all the weird way of thinking that the creators of wordpress and php imbued it with.

>>80180678
Are you a foreigner? If you are, our health care ain't free. I went to U of T. You are given commerical health insurance.

>>80181976
My brother decided to go to dentistry than to med school for the money, but if the oral surgery is medical I am sure it is covered under our socialized health care.

>>80184811
Our doctors are always asking too much for too little work. We need to bring accountability into it.

>>80186045
Trudeau policies aren't affecting anything in canada since he is an airhead and the real pilots of this ship is the liberal party policy committee which basically is continuing what harper continued and what harper did was a continuation of what he inherited from the libs before him.

fuck, even trudope is pro- keystone pipeline. It is just that americans got us cuck on that front.
>>
>>80186340
>Oodles of syrians
30K syrians are oodles. Man, i bet germany would be glad to get only 30K refugees. I also bet americans would love if the bleeding heart liberals had to pay out of pocket to bring those refugees in, pay their expense for a year, and be responsible for their settlement.
>>
>>80186340
Also the East Coast is a gimmiedats coast. Equalization payments is the ONLY thing that is keeping the east afloat.
>>
File: TCFchart.png (133 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
TCFchart.png
133 KB, 650x434
>>80188016
>it's around average
we spend as much or more than other countries with similar systems and get less for it

>and the ones that are more efficient have more universal coverage not less.
i'm not sure where i said or implied otherwise
>>
>>80192060
>i'm not sure where i said or implied otherwise

Sorry, I thought that's what you meant when you said to be prepared to lose more coverage. Why would we move towards a less efficient system? Particularly when we have fairly liberal governments federally and in the four biggest provinces right now.
>>
>>80193077
what i meant was in order for provincial systems, especially OHIP, to stay financially solvent they will have to cut/delist coverage. it has nothing to do with partisan politics or sitting liberal/conservative governments. it's just a simple fiduciary fact. as far as liberals go, ontario's have had to cut OHIP coverage. but like i said this isn't a partisan issue, it is a system one.
>>
>>80186340
Ok, convince me why I should voluntarily live in the Maritimes

On the opposite coast right now
>>
>>80155894
>>
File: 1437103850687.png (365 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
1437103850687.png
365 KB, 580x282
yea lets talk about CANADA and HOW GREAT IT IS, while the rest of the world is dealing with the gloablists, ITS NOT LIKE CANADA IS EFFECTED AT ALL, Trudeau CAN'T BE A PUPPET NO WAY WE'RE A DEMOCRACY
>>
>>80194527
What about register nurses?

>>80196206
You want to live in communities of poverty? The reason why the maritimes have nobody is simply because there are no jobs there, no future. The children of the newfies have fled to alberta to find work. The fisheries are a bust and too finky given weather and shiet. There is no other economic driver.

Canada is lucky compare to Australia. Though our resource economy is a huge driver, we aren't solely resource based.

see http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/can/

we have a high level of economic complexity and also a high level of economic output for a nation of 33 million people.
>>
>went to Victoria and Van recently
>visited friend
>fucking beautiful
>clean and fresh air
>expensive cost of living
>tons of job opportunity if you're educated
>tons of whites and QT asians in Vic
>felt exotic being the only hispanic when I visited

I want to move so bad bros, but I'm still in CC. Is there anything Cannuck bros recommend? I still don't want to give up my guns but I think I'm willing to
>>
>>80198226
Y-you do know you can get guns here right?

The nogunz thing is just a meme.
>>
>>80198372
actually I do, and I'm jelly of some of your selection! I've researched gun laws in BC at least... its the only province I know about and care about honestly.

I just don't wanna say goodbye to my AK ;_;
>>
>>80198490
BC is the only province I care about either.

I've got tons of opportunities and it's a great city.

BUT the chinese are annoying and cliquey, AND we don't get paid as much as seattle.

I will probably end up going south in the near future.
>>
>>80198226
Fuck off we don't need smelly beaner scum here.
>>
you know what the worst thign abotu canada is? you can't even go to the convenience store and buy beer, you have to go to the government stores and get taxed up the ass which is why everyone brews their own liquor here.
>>
>>80198630
Personally I've already fallen in love with Victoria, and only care for living on Van Island. God taking the ferry to Victoria was just so fucking euphoric. I loved my stay and still miss it. If anything I might move to Washington with a buddy of mine(currently live in California)

I don't mind the asians too much, the Vic ones weren't that bad from what I saw.
Seattle is a shitshole for a reason, bro. And that 15/hr is a new huge contributor.

Oh, where to? If you're looking for a American to get a dual citizenship I think I can help ;)
>>
File: 1466744828761.jpg (145 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1466744828761.jpg
145 KB, 720x960
>>80198490
>I just don't wanna say goodbye to my AK ;_;

>mfw when i found out I couldn't buy an AK

Type 81 is being imported this year though, might sell my AR to buy one if aftermarket parts become popular
>>
>>80198670
fuck, man. At least I speak english :(
>>
>>80197788
Clearly this fool knows nothing about how our political system works. PMs are not presidents, first of all and you idiots do not even see how lucky you are to be living in canada compare to the rest of the world.

America has gone to shit. They cannot even talk about anything in their political culture. The left doesn't talk to the right and the right doesn't talk to the left. Europe is fucked. China is rising, threatening american hegemony. The globalists as some sort of weird bilderberg like group is pure infowars delusions. What you are seeing is the pains of economic mismanagement.

Granted, no one in the 1990s would have thought china would rebuild herself and basically go through a hundred years of industrialization and modernization in just 20. What we are experiencing is the collapse of the old order and it isn't because of the merchant or some mystical figure.

habbenings:
>USSR defeat, caused the arrogance of America to believe the next century is theres.
>blow back (islam weaponized against USSR) from cold war festers, saudi arabia after Bosnia is confronted with a harsh reality: once oil is gone or regulated out (think kyoto 1997), saudi arabia influence and power would disappear. So they start exporting their brand of islam (imagine if the vatican was a full state with all the necessary self-interests it seek to meet and the power of influence of catholics the world over).
>US wants to punish USSR, they grant china foolishly great exceptions in trade.
>US foreign affairs intellectuals foolishly believe that democracy and their system is the final 'evolution' of all systems and a cure to all american problems around the world and declare end of history.
>9/11 happened.
>the US social contract was dependent on a safety net that depended on the well being of the government's financial health
>iraq, afghanistan
>both democrats and republicans use the public coffer to buy votes.
(1/2)
>>
>>80197905
>What about register nurses?
what about them? since 2012 around 2000 nursing positions have been axed in ontario alone. OHIP is struggling to stay solvent

>>80198714
>you can't even go to the convenience store and buy beer, you have to go to the government stores and get taxed up the ass
then why does it matter if you can buy beer in a convenience store? it'll cost way more
>>
I hate the way canadians talk, their accent is really fucking unbearable which is why I can't stand living here, another thing i don't like about Canadians is their lack of knowledge about world affairs. they are just a sheltered bunch of fags, who leach off the american economy and military power and expect to have everything handed to them, fucking canadians.
>>
>>80198226
Mexicans can't even get visas to visit us. Stay in cali. Also the asians will never date a spic. Those asians are upper class sort from wealthy families, and if you aren't educated you can't really immigrate here (our immigration system is based on points and you at least a uni degree that is in demand where demand is determined by quarterly market assessments) .
>>
>>80198714
You do know that's provincial right?

Most of the things you people dislike about Canada are actually local/provincial laws you could more easily change if you became politically active.

My father actually got part of our provincial tax code changed (no not the HST) after enough lobbying.

>>80198917
I have my American qt already so I will have to pass, but I can vouch for victoria, it's a much whiter version of Vancouver.

I have a slightly tainted view of it because my grandmother died near there, and I haven't really been back, but I know it is nice.

>>80198670
t. Zhang Wu

>>80199044
China will collapse into warring states within the next decade.
>>
>>80156169
Ewww you must be from new jersey
>>
>>80198714
It's better to buy it at the LCBO. Trust me when I say that Americans' drinking culture is retarded and the LCBO makes sense. Booze is a vice, a government monopoly on vices that can be taxed and control is a good thing.
>>
>>80199270
>asians will never date a spic
Thats fine, I prefer da wite wimins. Besides I've come to terms with being alone forever.
But thanks for the advice, staying in school is a fucking challenge for me but I'm finally realizing I'm better off burying my nose as deep as I can in it and fixing my shit together.
Also, I'm not a illegal, born/raised USA
>>80199294
You should go back, man. Might get some kind of peace at mind going back.
>>
Not a good place if you're an entrepreneur.

Canada is capital starved and lacks industry besides minerals/natural gas/lumber/oil. Hardly any manufacturing and the rest of the jobs are pretty much services/construction. Very difficult to get funding for anything and the market is too small/tough.

You'll make more money in the US.
>>
File: 1465945601995.jpg (51 KB, 844x836) Image search: [Google]
1465945601995.jpg
51 KB, 844x836
>>80165319
literally the best description you'll get of ethnic placing, most people in Alberta are right wing and are definitely on the dislike side of trudeau
>>
>>80199227
this is why I can't stand canadians. You expect paying more if you buy at the convenience store, well guess what, if you've lived anywhere else outside of canukistan, you''ll find out that its the fucking norm to buy it at the convience store, and its usually the cheapest offer. You guys are so cucked you literally think the government is the only savior.

>>80199449
excuses upon excuses , have a look around the world, canadia has arcane alcohol laws, they do it because its the only means of survival for the canadian government, they need the money to uphold their oligarchy, and they're doing a really well at it because the average canadian is really easily to manipulate.
>>
>>80200100
>Lib Right
>dip
Fuck no, cigars all the way.
>>
>>80199294
It won't collapse. I think china will become the defacto power in asia. It will piss off all the other asian countries to high hell. They will probably revert to the old tributaries system through the guise of regional organizations where china holds the most power.

also

2/2 of >>80199044
>the whole shit was fuelled by debt.
>the american consumer cucked themselves by buying cheap chinese made electronics and consumer goods. Everyone had flat screen 50' HD TVs with laptops and computers. They paid for it through credit and sent american dollars that they never had in the first place overseas.
>Debt market crash
>Government debt ballooned
>dem politicians still working the game as if it was pre-2008, promising groups benefits if they give them the votes
>republicans do the opposite: more free trade, the market will fix itself.
>in europe, they felt the collapse.
>in europe, they imported a population they don't know what to do with.
>in europe, the economic trade is within the EU, but outside of the EU, their trade is limited. China shut them down.

>>80199867
Yep, capital markets here suck. Our manufacturing base has disappeared after NAFTA. I really hope Trump does something about it because if we can reestablish manufacturing here, we then have employees capable of manufacturing plus the ability for entrepreneurs to engage in those industries to start producing shit for them.
>>
>>80165319
I have family in Alberta, can confirm they are basically rednecks. They have guns and quadbikes too. It's a shame I had to travel through Montreal to get there though
>>
>>80200187

if you're gonna bitch this much about canada, you're welcome to leave and go back the the third-world shithole you came from you fucking ingrate.
>>
>>80200187
>laws.

It doesn't and it isn't about the money. The LCBO contributes like a billion a year out of 4.7 billion dollar revenue. It's about our history regarding these type of substances. Prohibition: drinking is bad, but if you are going to drink than it should be for social benefit. Also the fact bars and restaurants have to be licensed is great and the whole needing to consult the community to get your license approved really really hinders terrible bar owners, or bar owners that want to open up bars in your neighbourhood when you dont want them to.
>>
File: f8g.png (36 KB, 980x462) Image search: [Google]
f8g.png
36 KB, 980x462
>>80199449
>Americans' drinking culture is retarded and the LCBO makes sense
nigga pls. do you work for the LCBO?

taxing the fuck out of alcohol has done NOTHING to curb consumption per capita relative to the USA. the only thing it has done is fuck poorer people. social responsibility taxes my ass.
>>
File: prime minister harper.jpg (52 KB, 650x406) Image search: [Google]
prime minister harper.jpg
52 KB, 650x406
>>80155894
I live in Toronto so basically this is the most American influenced, multiculti city in the country.

Even with the crime rates here as it is (fairly high compared to everywhere else), most people are still pretty happy and content all the time. People leave their doors open sometimes. There is a disproportionate amount of brown, asian and arab people here. Generally these groups stick to themselves, the 2nd/3rd generations are more sociable with other races. Honestly the only problem is the blacks who are so influenced by American culture many think it's cool to be "gangster". I'd say one half are niggers the other are black people.

It's very easy to find a job in this city if you actually look around and have any kind of real employable skills.

I've been to London and New York and downtown Toronto just feels like a cleaner, smaller version of these places with a lot more Asians.

Also most of what this person said is true >>80168579. A lot of ethnic minorities in Canada are pretty conservative.
>>
>>80200187
you're an idiot, the reason why alcohol is so expensive here is because of taxes not the monopoly. taxes don't magically go away because it's being sold on a convenience store. and like everything else in a convenience store you pay a premium for the convenience like everything else sold in it you tard.
>>
>>80166377
I haven't talked to my dad since he told me he voted for Trudeau.
>>
>>80200518
poor people can't hold their liquor and the reason why the LCBO is the same reason why bars have to be licensed and buy booze from it.

>>80200708
The asians aren't bad, nor are the arabs or the brown people. A lot of them are bro tier who just want to live the canadian dream: house in the suburbs, kids going to school and hockey.

somalis, some blacks (as you stated, the ones influenced by american culture) and the injuns. They are the degenerates.
>>
File: god bless canada.png (239 KB, 620x493) Image search: [Google]
god bless canada.png
239 KB, 620x493
>>80167218
this

the reason why Canada has the best shitposters is a direct result of the Harper leadership which lead Canadians into complete prosperity.

with all the free time to be had Canadians have spent the last decade honing their shitposting skills until we've finally even conquered the Australians as the worst of the worst.

I'm proud of us every day.
>>
>>80170056
>The only good thing about summer is that girls dress like sluts.

honestly this

I hate summer but the skimpily dressed women in downtown Toronto make it ok
>>
>>80200708
>Toronto is a smaller New York

It's funny because Vancouver is just smaller and cleaner LA

We really are just watered down america aren't we
>>
>>80200809
its hopeless, the canuck will never understand, he's gone too far down and been a government cuck for so long he can't see a world outside of it
>>
>>80155894
Every race, religion, and culture are tamed unlike in America.
>>
>>80201562
We're so much better than america :-) we have to keep comparing ourselvs with americans, its our only purpose in life, we have to be better than them, its the canadian thing to do
>>
>>80155894
It's fine if you live in a good neighborhood. I live in a fairly white community; I mean, I haven't seen a black person in like 3 weeks. Most people here, though, are either white or a mix of white and native, but we generally see one color regardless. Housing is cheap in the maritimes (buying a house for 40,000), and there's plenty of jobs, just nobody to work them. The pay is generally shit tho, usually 12-16$ per hour depending on how long you like working.
>>
>>80201455
Everything that isn't like 5 hours north of the border or on the Atlantic coast may was well be America desu
>>
>>80200187

The cheapest beer/wine is in Walmarts and grocery stores in the US. Not convenience stores.
>>
>>80201754
that's the spirit. Throw in some #TimmiesPride and #HockeyNation twitter shit and you have our country's entire attitude in one post
>>
>>80202035
Nobody in Vancouver goes to Tim Hortons or plays Hockey, what does that make us?
>>
>>80201754
We have a unique way of assimilating / subverting immigrants for some reason. I remember watching CBC one night and they are showing a Syrian refugee singing O Canada in his English class. I thought it was pretty subversive.
>>
>>80202128
Beijing

Also last time I checked your city chimped the fuck out last time it got dicked in hockey
>>
>>80202235
That was surrey, not vancouver.
>>
Greener grass syndrome.

I want to kill myself from the boredom every day.
>>
File: 1448856575288.jpg (210 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
1448856575288.jpg
210 KB, 1100x700
Canada is based
>>
>>80201129
>poor people can't hold their liquor
my how liberal and elitist of you.

>and the reason why the LCBO is the same reason why bars have to be licensed and buy booze from it.
no one is objecting to the existence of the LCBO as a licensing body. it's the monopoly and the 'perceived' high prices that go with it that your average person rails against it. listen, your social responsibility reasons for the LCBO don't fly and taxing the shit out of alcohol has done nothing to curb consumption except to make it punitive to people in lower income brackets.

>>80201468
yet nothing i said was untrue and you have nothing in return to say but ass mad nonsense. you sound like your average clueless but outraged Toronto Sun reader.
>>
>>80202284
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Vancouver_Stanley_Cup_riot
you sure?
>>
We don't have mass shootings.
>>
File: thK1GF1NAR.jpg (30 KB, 480x353) Image search: [Google]
thK1GF1NAR.jpg
30 KB, 480x353
while you Canadians are busy being passive aggressive the rest of the world is enjoying themselves unraveling the clinton foundation and preparing for the upcoming race war, thank fucking god im not canadian and i can just leave this shithole whenever i want to, hopefully one day your pathetic country will be annexed or dismantled so that i won't have to see your flag on /pol and the rest of 4chan ever again. Just seeing it makes me sick, because the design is awful, and the canadians that flock to it are sheep are the cancer of the earth
>>
>>80202458
The rioters were from surrey.
>>80202532
k
>>
File: canada girls 02.jpg (21 KB, 441x280) Image search: [Google]
canada girls 02.jpg
21 KB, 441x280
>>80202532
the canadian flag is the most beautiful flag on earth

it is a fucking leaf. and we love it immensely.
>>
>>80202994
Yea well the rest of the world hates canada and their shitty flag, so does this entire board, we're sick of your shitposting and youre boasting about your non existant country, noone gives a fuck abotu what canadians think. /thread
>>
>>80202532
The maple tree is a wonderful tree.

You hate us because you envy us. We have a decent society. Our courts fought against the SJW narrative (see ghomeshi, see the twitter case). Our gays told BLM to fuck off. We don't have 11 million illegals in our nation and if we did, we wouldn't give them driver licenses and let employers hire them without a SSN/SIN.
>>
>>80203252
It's time to turn off the proxy Tyrone.
>>
File: 1459250897457.png (820 KB, 1853x934) Image search: [Google]
1459250897457.png
820 KB, 1853x934
out of all the happenings that are occurign right now you choose to talk about CANADA, really fucking nice, this totally isn't a psyop or a slide threat, canada is exactly what we shoudl betalking about, GEORGE SOROS HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH TRUDEAU, NEITHER DOES TRUDEAU WORK WITH THE CLINTONS TO UNDERMINE THE SHEEP THAT LIVE IN CANADA.
>>
>>80203783
We are on other threads too. Ever heard of multi-tasking and like having multiple tabs open?
>>
>>80203783
>the post when: a stormcuck is oblivious to how white nationalism is the real threat against Trump's campaign.
>>
File: LibtardZombieHorde8.2.png (1 MB, 1140x600) Image search: [Google]
LibtardZombieHorde8.2.png
1 MB, 1140x600
>>
File: god bless canada.gif (191 KB, 400x272) Image search: [Google]
god bless canada.gif
191 KB, 400x272
>>80203252
>he actually thinks /pol/ represents the rest of the world

if you travel anywhere on earth and tell people you're Canadian people are instantly friendlier to you. Do you think ISIS targets Canadians? Or the Russians? No one hates Canada except cuckposters on /pol/ who can't handle Canuck shitposting. The big fucking leaf is our national pride, we put it on everything. I walk around with a trucker hat with a big fucking leaf on it every day happily.

>>80203783
I'm very proud to say that screencapped post with the picture of Michael B Jordan was actually by myself a few months ago. I had no idea someone had made such an image.

This is an especially nice morning.
>>
>>80204584
i shit posted on here pretending to be coal burner dating a black pre-med months ago and I got a 3 day ban after the thread received 200 posts.
>>
Canada is a dump country for gay retards
>>
>>80155894
Why don't you fix The US instead of coming here?
>>
>>80199247
We don't leach of the american economy, americans leach off of our natural resources. And we wouldn't need any defense if it weren't for the constant american military thuggery going on in Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya/Yemen/Syria/Vietnam etc. which makes them hate all westerners.
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.