[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uuups, British Pound touched down to 1.2798
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
a few hours ago.

That is a 15% plunge from the 1.50 last seen during the afternoon and evening of the Brexit referendum.

Why is it still falling? I thought everything will be alright?
>>
Jewish Bank Tsars and Goldlords are pushing for British destruction.
>>
>>79920795
this, they want to start the war asap and they were waiting for something to blame
>>
>>79920693
>Euro only dropped 2 cent against the dollar
>>
shit people that don't understand economics say
>devaluing a currency is bad
>>
>>79921054
you mean

>shit the media says to scare the uneducated normies
>>
What's so horrible about a lower pound anyway?
>>
>>79920693
>Why is it still falling? I thought everything will be alright?

Currency movements illustrate the lack of confidence in the UK economy over the medium and long term.

The fall in the value of sterling is a vote of confidence in the UK by international markets.

Put simply, the UK is fucked.
>>
>>79921204
Can you name notable British export other than actors and Current year guy?
>>
>>79921294
*then
>>
>>79921204
Conditioning
A lower currency is only bad for the ~top 5% of wealth owners.
Guess who owns the media that tells you that it's bad?
>>
>>79921204

The UK's purchacing power is collapsing.
>>
>>79921336

It's bad for consumers too. Imports are becoming more expensive. Prices have risen nearly 10% in a week.
>>
>>79921204
Brits are an import nation. They import 270 billion worth of machinery, cars, food, clothes, electronics, building blocks etc.

For the working class and middle class, as lot of things will be more expensive now - by 15%.
>>
File: 1465927817750.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1465927817750.png
48 KB, 400x389
>>79921521
>things will be more expensive
>but the pound is worth less
>>
>>79921456
>Prices have risen nearly 10% in a week.
Where?
I have seen nothing of the sort.

All your posts have been 'concern shill' level.

The simple answer is, some people are making a shit-ton of money through an uncertain market.
>>
>>79921584
>>things will be more expensive
>>but the pound is worth less
imports are more expensive
>>
>>79921594
>The simple answer is, some people are making a shit-ton of money through an uncertain market.

If currency movements were irrelevant, businesses wouldn't hate large movements up or down and pay large sums to hedge the risk.
>>
>>79920693

3(4?) of the largest property funds in london have had to freeze in investors citing lack of liquidity.

Gold has spiked to EU sovereign debt crisis highs.

If we see markets continue to head in this trajectory then brexit might be seen as a Bear Stearns' moment.

In all likelihood this should simmer down till US elections but we will probably see central banks move away from a rate hike bias.

Don't laugh to much though kraut Deutsche Bank is sick and poses the greatest systemic risk to global financial markets.
>>
Smells like an excellent time to resign, if you ask me
>>
>>79920693

LET IT BURN!
>>
>>79922009
>Deutsche Bank is sick and poses the greatest systemic risk to global financial markets.
How can a stable regional bank pose the greatest systemic risk, if the whole Italian banking sector could collapse?

Agree with the rest, Brexit is having global ramifications.
>>
>>79921294
>>79921521
And what if the high pound was the reason for that in the first place? Who says investors won't now invest in British manufacturing to capitalise on the lower pound and avoid higher import costs, [spoiler] creating economic growth [/spoiler]?
>>
Time to take that vacation to the UK fellow burgers, probably wont get a better time than this.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 790x1099) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 790x1099
>>79920693
>since 1985
Hopefully it wont stretch back to churchill
>>
>>79922233
>Who says investors won't now invest in British manufacturing to capitalise on the lower pound and avoid higher import costs, [spoiler] creating economic growth [/spoiler]?

Investors hate uncertainty. British investments, especially foreign investments, are now on hold until there is more certainty on the British situation post the EU exit.

For instance, property funds and builders have been fucked. Tata steel assets may have to be liquidated as buyers chicken out. etc.
>>
File: 90-.png (30 KB, 171x200) Image search: [Google]
90-.png
30 KB, 171x200
>Spent £300 on tinned food in the last 5 months prepping for the brexit crash
>Pound starts declining, pretty sure the food price rise puts my at a huge advantage
>Came home friday
>Entire extended family sitting around the table
>They have opened and poured into bowls 43 tins of baked beans that I bought
>All of them are waving British flags
>'Hi son! Welcome to Bean-Bean-Brexit!'
>dad brings out like 6 loaves of German rye bread
>whole family sits around eating baked beans on german toast
>making anti-german comments like 'this soft ass nazi bread can't handle the heat from the bean-bean-brexit'
>'son we know you bought that food for the financial recession but now we 've left Europe there won't be one, so we're eating as much as we can and giving the rest to charity!'

fucking idiots don't realise we needed that food to survive the 2016 winter.
>>
>>79920693
Why do Deutschfags love the EU so much? What the fuck is the appeal? You can't reform it you know, there is no way to affect the council or commission as an ordinary citizen. Why do you have ego in this? You are fucking German not European, have some fucking pride. Why do you want to be in a union with Slovenes and Bulgarians, are they your equal? I think not.
>>
>>79922405
Corbyn should be pm but we need to wait 8 months for the tories to take their sweet time floppin around. Just to go to election and have Corbyn win. I wonder who will run for ukip? The disembodied spirit of Savile?
>>
>>79922203

DB failed central bank stress testing for the 3rd? year in a row; it is now the highest leveraged bank in the world and they have a whole bunch of funky instruments on the books (CoCo derivatives and the like).

The parallels between DB and Lehman are growing by the day.

What is undebatable is the EU banking sector is sick and hasn't made the adjustment needed post-GFC and EU Sovereign debt crisis unlike US banks.
>>
What's wrong with a falling pound? Increased exports and tourism.
>>
>>79922490
Two reasons.

1.) Germans are still giant cucks because of WWII
2.) Germany basically IS the EU at this point.
>>
>>79922600
Study their gdp, import and export figures. And how large of a chunk of these numbers in any direction were eu related. Want six bananas? That'll be £12?
>>
>>79922490
>You can't reform it you know
We are reforming it as we type this. Have you not read our French-German 9 page secret paper?
>>
>>79921594
>I have seen nothing of the sort.

Prices rises have already been passed onto consumers of products traded in US dollars.

I purchase for my company in Euros, we have adjusted prices accordingly.

You will feel the knock on effect of price rises in the next six months, accross the board, as oil becomes more expensive as the result of the falling pound against the dollar. Oil is traded in dollars, but it is usually purchased in advance so the effects of currency devaluation aren't felt immediately.

A change in oil prices affects all products because it raises transport costs.
>>
good, I plan to invest in the pound soon.
>>
>>79921054
How does is it good for a a country with a trade deficit?
>>
>>79922490
>Why do Deutschfags love the EU so much?
Controlling Europe without military force.
>>
>>79922599
>The parallels between DB and Lehman are growing by the day.
This is such a meme. Deutsche is still worth 20 billion... no sophisticated investor would touch Deutsche's equity if any of these memes were true.

Look to Italy for happenings.
>>
>>79922479

>ywn celebrate bean bean brexit with your extended family
>>
>>79921336
>>79921521

These are two direct contradictions, which one is correct?
>>
>>79922599

This is not crackpot shit btw.

Even the IMF have made these observations

>http://www.wsj.com/articles/deutsche-bank-shares-tumbled-to-a-30-year-low-after-fed-imf-rebuke-1467278856

>The International Monetary Fund called the German bank the riskiest financial institution in the world as a potential source of external shocks to the financial system. That labeling came right after a U.S. banking unit of Deutsche Bank was one of just two banks to fail the Federal Reserve’s “stress test,” an exercise measuring how 33 banks would fare in the event of another financial crisis.
>>
>>79920795
>>79920928
Well someone is doing all the reaping of the FTSE 100 hitting highs
>>
>>79922683
>Want six bananas? That'll be £12?
What are taking about?
Do you pay more than 3 Canadian dollars for a banana?
>1.68
>>
>>79922777
Incentive
>>
>>79921294
Well in 2014 we exported about $442 billion worth of goods, which places us 9th in the world, these included:

>Machines, engines and pumps
>Gems and precious metals
>Vehicles
>Pharmaceuticals
>Oil

>notable
Completely irrelevant.
>>
File: 1466466243752.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1466466243752.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>79922702
>tfw your countries currency is the global reserve currency.
>>
>>79922867
>These are two direct contradictions, which one is correct?
The top 1% never get into trouble. It is always the people who are fucked.
>>
>>79922537
Corbyn will never be PM
>>
File: lodsemone.png (49 KB, 629x441) Image search: [Google]
lodsemone.png
49 KB, 629x441
>>79920693
UK stock market is stronger than before brexit.
>>
>>79921584
Wow you're dumb. Yes, with the pound being worth less, it has lower buying power on a global market. You have to spend more pounds to buy something from another country to equal their currency. This drives the cost up.
>>
still way above the feb 2016 lows m8
>>
>>79922946

Now the sterling is falling in value, and we're out of the EU's trade umbrella, WTO trade rules kick in.

This means our exports will be subject to tarrifs to protect foreign industries from an unfair advantage conveyed by our weak currency.
>>
>>79920795
>>79920928
This.

The Clinton files might tie in too.
>>
>>79922490
You brit don't understand europe. Enjoy the USAs bitch boy in trade
>>
>>79922490
1. Strength in numbers.
2. Much bigger and scariere things out there, india, vietnam, mexico.
3. By being devidet we get played against each other.
4. We dont want to be sold out to china like you are and your workers get fuckt over by farage.
5. We want to colonize space. Only posibel if we all work togther.
6. Bulgarians romanians where ww2 allies.
7. Your a retard
8. Togther we stand devided we fall.
>>
Conservatives will lead England into a 10 year recession and then when things finally improve inevitably, they'll take credit.
>>
>>79921204

nothing. the brits have been devaluing their currency for generations.

Keynes in action
>>
>>79923099
Become the 51st state. Problem = solved.
>>
>>79923070
Largely due to international earnings.
I'm have a FTSE all share index fund so I'm okay with this, but the £ is so weak it doesn't actually mean anything
>>
>>79922944
But our service economy was fine
>>
>>79923070

Our markets are now volatile, if you look at your own graph you'll see stocks are on a rollacoaster ride.

This is bad.

It means investers don't trust our fundamentals and are buying and selling irrationally.

Currency value is a better indicator of international confidence in the UK economy.

In short, we're fucked.
>>
>>79922490
The true Germany is about three times as large as the German state, and the EU allows us hassle-free economic entanglements with the formerly German territories. It's as if your bullshit world wars and efforts to throttle German power never happened. We can become the world's greatest country again.
>>
>>79923070
>UK stock market is stronger than before brexit.
Pleeeease, the FTSE 100 companies make 75% of their revenues in currencies other than the Pound. There is a strong inverse correlation to the pound.

Even Marc Carnie, the head of the Bank of England said it is the FTSE 250 which provides a somewhat good picture of the UK economy if combined with the Pound fall.
>>
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 1537x1537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 1537x1537
>>79923030
K
>>
>>79923214

While the UK was in the EU we were a sovereign nation. If we become the 51t state, we lose all sovereignty.
>>
>>79923214
>Become the 51st state. Problem = solved.
That is actually true. If I were the UK, I'd join America - best thing they could do.
>>
>>79922599
>CoCo derivatives
Actual footage from DB board meeting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg
>>
>>79922479
Your family are dirty beaners
>>
>>79923260
too bad you'll be drowned in nigger and pooskins just when you crawl out of your post ww2 hole
>>
>>79923382
>le ebin refugees meme
>>
>>79923333

Mate, we just left the EU on a platform of taking back control. The idiots who voted to leave the EU might have difficulty accepting the total loss of sovereignty to Washington...
>>
File: image.gif (987 KB, 229x176) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
987 KB, 229x176
>>79923433
>>
>>79920693

Real talk. The only reason to do business in Britain was it's open door policy to the rest of the EU. In spite of its flaws the EU was the best thing that ever happened to Britain. There is no reason to do business anymore and when things get more automated their financial sector will be irrelevant.
>>
>>79923324
But you'd be American and get to rub it in all the European's faces. Not to mention get an actual expansion of your rights, access to a huge market, and get to be lumped into the deals that huge market has with other markets.

Not to mention you're now shitty currency is replaced by solid American dollars.
>>
File: eternal anglo.jpg (11 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
eternal anglo.jpg
11 KB, 274x184
>>79923214
>Become the 51st state. Problem = solved.

>Muh freedom
>Muh sovereignty
>Leave EU
>We can't stand alone
>ohshit.jpg
>Let's join the USA

Tbqh it would be an eternal anglo move.
>>
>leave
>ok
>would you like to lead now?
>no
>>
>>79923531
>when things get more automated their financial sector will be irrelevant

No you don't understand Canada.

But I hope to god Theresa May can keep open our FTAs.
>>
>Great Britain
>Great

Y'all are living in the 19th century, you lot have the political weight of hamster.

>b-but muh free trade deals
China will fuck your working class
US might give you a pity deal
EU will make sure polish workers are allowed to take your jobs again.

>b-but muh stronger Britain
Boris and Nigel both quit
>they just wanted what's best for Britain, they didn't want to lead
Yeah, your captains steered the ship into the iceberg and then jumped ship. Y'all are sinking

Enjoy being the new Spain of Europe
>>
The British are like a whiny, petulant child that didn't get his favorite candy. This child throws his toys around and knocks over the sand castle and cries to mommy for help.
>>
>>79920795
Nah m8 it was the 17m leave voters who did that.
>>
Low pound = more international business because cheaper = more jobs
Is this not true?
>>
>>79922479
>this soft ass nazi bread can't handle the heat from the bean-bean-brexit'
>>'son we know you bought that food for the financial recession but now we 've left Europe there won't be one, so we're eating as much as we can and giving the rest to charity!'
>>
>>79923531

>In spite of its flaws the EU was the best thing that ever happened to Britain

Pre-EU Britain was literally the most powerful nation on earth for a century

0/10 bait
>>
>>79922946
Is the list of your exports labor intensive? Will increased export of the goods listed equates to more income to British citizens on average?
>>
>>79923177
>your workers get fuckt over by farage.
Ah yes, the notable powers an MEP has of course
>>
>>79921204
>What's so horrible about a lower pound anyway?
nothing major as long as they do not fall under the normal situation of 1 usd = 1 eur = 1gbp
>>
>>79923557
> Not to mention get an actual expansion of your rights,

No, the EU citizen has better protections than the US citizen, on nearly every issue. Your political culture places the rights of corporations over citizens' rights.

> access to a huge market,

The EU is a bigger market than the US market. The EU has over 500,000 consumers, the US only has around 300,000. The EU is the biggest trading bloc on the planet.

The US has slightly higher GDP than the EU as a whole, but the wealth isn't well distributed, and lack of State services in the US means the average US consumer is poorer than an EU consumer, in real terms.
>>
>>79923645
It would be the final fulfillment of the Revolution, the Motherland liberated at last.
>>
>>79923099
>we're out of the EU's trade umbrella
Not for at least two years you mong
>>
>>79923890
>The EU is a bigger market than the US market.
Not if we leave.
>>
>>79923490
>The idiots who voted to leave the EU
Back to your ivory towers my globalist friend
>>
>>79923785
>Pre-EU Britain was literally the most powerful nation on earth for a century
Actually, before the UK joined the EU, the UK was called "the sick man of Europe" and was in a deep economic and societal crisis.

Joining the EU was a rescue anchor for the UK and has been the biggest success story (next to Germany) of all EU countries.

What was unfortunate is that, unlike Germany, the UK politicians did not prop up the rural areas and manufacturing sector in the UK. In Germany, probably due to the cold war, it was always clear to have several power centers and prop up smaller towns and cities as well, so that if Berlin gets taken by the Russians, Germany can still war produce products in the rest of Germany.
>>
>>79923892
Just imagine the old britfags going apeshit crazy when they realize they are a state of their ex-colony.

B R I T I S H P R I D E
>>
>>79923785
>Pre-EU Britain was literally the most powerful nation on earth for a century

The US overtook the UK in economic power in the 1880s. The UK was fucked by WW1, and the UK's Empire disolved after WW2.

We ceased to be a global power in the middle of the 20th Century. Google: "Suez crisis". This is when the US smacked the UK over the back of the head and told us to get back in our box.
>>
File: 1234132512.jpg (416 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
1234132512.jpg
416 KB, 667x1000
Mfw just bought a new headset for half of the price i'd get them for in Sweden on Amazon UK. Thank you brexit.
>>
Dudes I'll even admit I thought Brexit might be okay but now I think it's a huge mistake. Protectionism and not working together does not fly in the international economy we have today. Every economist warned us about this and nobody listened to their advice. This was a mistake.
>>
>>79920693
>Why is it still falling?
Uncertainty in UK's future trade. Investors don't like uncertainty.
>>
>>79923890
You have gay labor shit that can change here. In the US we have actual substantial fundamental rights.
>>
>>79923710
>Boris and Nigel both quit
Nigel quit as leader of a party with 1 MP, it changed nothing.
Boris quit due to Gove's Machiavellian backstabbing, not to do with leaving the EU itself. Has foreign media been completely bullshitting over this stuff? You've got retarded foreigners saying shit like
>Farage dropped out of the PM race
When he's not a tory or even an MP so never even had any chance whatsoever.
>>
>>79923985
>Not if we leave.

The UK population is only 60 million. If we leave the EU it will still have more consumers than the US.

I economic terms, leaving the EU is insane. Utterly insane. But, for emotional reasons, I can understand why we voted to leave.

Feels are important, even if it means eating mud to stay alive.
>>
Funny thing is, Britain will still have to accept free movement if they want to not get a shitty trade deal. Face it, you guys get nothing out of this and you no longer have a seat at the table.
>>
>>79924052
>Joining the EU was a rescue anchor for the UK
Thatcher killing the unions is what "saved" our economy by transferring it all to banking in London. Didn't help the working people much though.
>>
>>79924227
To be honest I think we have to almost entirely deduct Greece, Spain, Poland, and other shitty post-soviet states.
>>
>>79924227

We'll sell you food for cheap, mate, just join up in the Eurasian Union and you'll be taken care off.
>>
>>79924150
>actual substantial fundamental rights.

You have shitty labour laws and shitty consumer protections. You don't even have paid holiday leave...

Your "fundamental rights" don't count for shit. They're trumped by corporate and financial interests.
>>
>>79921294
>>79921335
Why did you correct yourself? It's than
>>
>>79920693

Polan is ready to send bags of potatoes and apples to starving Brits

Sempar fi, nevar forget!
>>
File: 1362741347979.jpg (20 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1362741347979.jpg
20 KB, 350x350
>Why is it still falling?
>>
>>79924227
>If we leave the EU it will still have more consumers than the US.
But less GDP or wealth because it has shitholes like Romania in it.

>Feels are important, even if it means eating mud to stay alive.
I see you'd take your 30 pieces of silver. Democracy and freedom trump some money every time. And the UK is not going to become Niger over this.
>>
>>79924319
>Joining commies to get cheap food
>Could of just joined America and got the same thing

What is wrong with you.
>>
>>79921521
But their trading with the EU doesn't use dollars.
>>
The thing is too, the membership fee was a drop in the bucket compared to the economic prosperity that yall got from all the business and investment. Brexit could trigger a global recession too to be honest.
>>
>>79924365
Alcohol is probably more important in a time like this.
>>
>>79923239
It's been no less volatile over the last 5 years. That's what the markets are like.
>>
>>79924078
>Protectionism
Except no one is advocating protectionism. The EU is a protectionist entity.
The leave side want to increase freedom of trade worldwide, unlike the EU.
>>
>>79924390

>America
>cheap food

Sure, if you like Monsanto fish tomatoes and want your grandchildren to be born with tails and horns.
>>
>>79924309

Greece is only 3% of the entire EU economy. Poland is actually doing well.

Spain is a bigger problem, their most productive, highly educated, people have moved to other EU nations. Notably, the UK.

Now we're out of the EU, they will leave.

The US has a brilliant plan to get rid of the immigrants, we're going to crash the UK economy so no one wants to come here.

Genius.
>>
What happened to /pol/
>before leave vote
>everyone supporting leave as any anti-globalist should

>after
>redditor cucks everywhere
>>
>>79924189
>Brits believe this
Said they quit not dropped out. They abandoned y'all plain and simple.
It'd be like if trump dropped out as soon as he was confirmed as the nominee.
It'd be like if the US triggered NATO against Russia, and then said we were going to sit this one out and let you lot sort it out.
>>
>>79924529
because it hasn't been completed yet. we got lazy and the shills took a turn to try and sway opinion. don't know why they're trying to do that here though.
>>
>>79924372
>But less GDP or wealth because it has shitholes like Romania in it.

Yes, the UK is the sixth biggest economy in the World (behind Socialist France), but as our currency declines, so does the purchasing power of the UK consumer. We are becoming less important to foreign exporters.
>>
>>79920795
Bank of England is easing because stocka/bonds/realestate is dropping
>>
>it is only now slowly dawning upon the british that they have played directly into americas hands and crippled their nation

The conditions are almost there, soon we'll declare war on Germany for "totally genociding people" and other nations will be forced to join us both morally on the global level and for economic reasons.

Soon, you will be ours.
>>
>>79924470

That's such a shitty argument. Nobody around the world wants to trade with you now that you left the EU.
>>
>>79924502
>Crash UK economy
>Immigrants leave and no more come in
>Appropriate level of British suffering endured.

Certainly the most British way to get rid of immigrants, that is for damn sure.
>>
>>79924502
>their most productive, highly educated, people have moved to other EU nations. Notably, the UK.
Yeah that's why we have Spanish staff flooding minimum wage jobs like working at Subway because the Euro has shit on their own economy. They have 50% youth unemployment, it's not their highly educated only we get.
Nice one.
>Now we're out of the EU, they will leave.
Except everyone has said EU migrants already here will have leave to stay. Epic concern trolling my redditor friend.
>>
>>79920693
Is it not obvious this is the hand of pro-EU bankers and super shills that want to make an example out of the UK and scare leave voters into changing their minds? The next move is they will push for another referendum after they scaree the brits into voting stay. It's like conditioning a dog, he does bad you crash his coin, he does good you give it a 15 cent treat(not gonna get back completly,people need to remember leaving the EU will destroy you)
>>
>>79920693
I'm not an economist but it seems like any country not conforming to the globalist agenda is trying to bomb the pound. The British stock market is doing fucking amazingly though.

Could also have to do with people cashing in their dollars. I am curious if people had been investing in the pound thinking it would eventually change to the euro so they would just get cashed out by EU for trading it in. Either way good time to invest in the pound I reckon.
>>
>>79924459
>It's been no less volatile over the last 5 years

The stock market has been very steady over the past five years.This is because low interest rates have forced long term investment in the markets.

That period is over, it's why we've seen over 200 billion in capital flight in less than a week and a thirty one year sterling low against the dollar.
>>
>>79924531
How? Farage is an MEP with no political power anymore since we're leaving the EU. The establishment hate him, even the main leave campaigners hate him and he had his own campaign. He's done his part so is letting someone else lead his party now.

And again, Boris was backstabbed in a cynical political move by Gove. WHO WAS ON THE LEAVE SIDE IN THE REFERENDUM.

Fuck your spin.
>>
File: 1457908211054.png (392 KB, 832x832) Image search: [Google]
1457908211054.png
392 KB, 832x832
>>79923490

Get a load of this middle class shill
>>
>>79924625
>ignore my second point
>spout more concern trolling
>>
>>79924529
Hindsight 20/20. People realized it was stupid by looking at facts instead of listening to feels. You're going to have to accept free-movement deals anyway so the only real change in the end will be a shit currency and the fact that you'll have no say in the continent you live in.
>>
File: db 160706.jpg (81 KB, 951x675) Image search: [Google]
db 160706.jpg
81 KB, 951x675
>>79922203
>How can a stable regional bank pose the greatest systemic risk
>Deutsche Bank
>stable
>Regional
lol

DB is the next Lehman Brothers, everything else is fucked, derivatives are going to make EVERY ONE feel this and there is no hiding from it.

Any one who think that this started with BREXIT is retarded and you should stop posting.
>>
>>79924694
>Nobody around the world wants to trade with you now
Ok, they're all just gonna stop selling to a major advanced economy.
>>
>>79924872
None of the 3 people who will be next PM support maintaining the freedom of movement.
>>
>>79924712
>Except everyone has said EU migrants already here will have leave to stay.

If the UK economy tanks, they won't stay.

This is the Brexiter's plan to get rid of the immigrants: ruin the UK economy until everyone leaves.
>>
>>79924227

>low currency
>high unemployment

They're not consumers if they can't afford to consume. The only exceptions or Germany, France and The Netherlands.
>>
My favorite thing about pro exit people is that they never had any idea or any type of plan for what to do when they left the EU.
>>
>>79922820
No, I'm afraid he's right. DB is going to take down the euro, it's just a matter of time.

They've been hiding debt of Eurozone members for years. Countries like Greece and Italy had debt levels far too high when they joined the eurozone, so DB converted it into currency swaps. This makes the debt effectively disappear on the books.

> In 2007, Lehman had a leverage (the ratio of total assets to shareholder's equity) of 31-to-1. At the time that Lehman filed for bankruptcy, it had $639 billion in assets and $619 billion in debt. Still, it caused a systemic risk worldwide.

> In comparison, Deutsche Bank has a mind-boggling leverage of 40-times, according to Berenberg analyst, James Chappell. He stated, "facing an illiquid credit market limiting Deutsche Bank's ability to deliver and with core profitability impaired, it is hard to see how [Deutsche Bank] can escape this vicious circle without raising more capital.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13628159/1/deutsche-bank-to-initiate-the-next-financial-crisis-stock-could-be-headed-to-zero.html
>>
>>79920693

Soros is betting on the German banks to go into crisis.

Guess what the easiest part of the EU to destabilize is right now, next to the Italians?
>>
File: 1389629973461.jpg (53 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
1389629973461.jpg
53 KB, 295x378
>>79924961
Do you really think 52% of people planned to crash the economy? Are you retarded?
>>
>>79924824
>lefty.

I'm a Paleo-conservative. Same as Peter Hitches.
>>
>>79924761
>if people had been investing in the pound thinking it would eventually change to the euro
No way. Even on a remain vote there was no way we were ever joining the Euro after 2008 bailouts.
>>
>>79920795
I don't think you realize how big the currency exchange market is if you think individuals can affect it.
>>
>>79924947
Then the currency will keep falling I guess since freemovement is going to be a part of the trading deals you'll have to go through. Not that I care. As I said in >>79924068 I'm already enjoying how cheap everything on Amazon UK is getting.
>>
>>79920693

So the globalists are making good on their threats. No surprise.
>>
>>79924860

You didn't have a second point.

You should celebrate the fact we're economically fucked, it means fewer immigrants.

Win, non?
>>
>>79920693

Because the pound was never realistically worth that much, and it's now cruising towards its actual value.
>>
>>79925066
So you support being in a globalist organisation that pushes multiculti?
Sure
>>
>>79924531
>It'd be like if trump dropped out as soon as he was confirmed as the nominee.

No it wouldn't. We don't have another general election til 2020, he's still and MEP and wants to take part in negotiations. He just said he didn't want to be head of UKIP. It's like a senator dropping ties and becoming independent. He hasn't abandoned the people who voted him in, unless he also abandons the principles on which he was voted in. I do not see that in Farage and he will still be in European parliament every session piss taking those globalist fucks
>>
>>79924823
Oh I get it. It's just political anarchy. That's a much better situation.

Good thing thing your stable economy is balancing things out?
>>
>>79925143
>freemovement is going to be a part of the trading deals you'll have to go through
Where's free movement in TTiP? Or the EU-Canada trade deal?
Oh wait.
>>
>>79925066
>Same as Peter Hitches
>Peter Hitchens

I might have fucking guessed - Where did all these PH ass-bandits come from? . .. /pol/ seems to be flooded with them atm.
>>
>>79920693
Crashing plane no survivors.

Tony Blair's 2003 War in Iraq > Germany inviting migrants > BREXIT

Blame! GET IT TODAY!
>>
>>79925131

>if you think individuals can affect it.

You make it sound like a couple guys on the phone.
>>
HOLY FUCK. The term globalist is retarded. Unless you live in North Korea you are a fucking globalist. It's such a shit tier term.
>>
>>79925051

Do you think 52% of the electorate planned the Brexit strategy?

They voted to leave the EU because of feels about immigrants and something about hundreds of millions and the NHS... and shit...
>>
>>79925025
There were differing plans since it's not a monolithic block and they were not in government or from the same party.
Some are pushing for an EEA type deal, most want freedom of movement gone because 80% of voters here want immigration slashed.
>>
>>79925218
TTIP has countries that matter like the USA involved. Canada was never a member of the EU that just voted to leave and needs to be treated sternly for political reasons.
>>
>>79925181

It's apparent you don't know what Paleo-conservatism is...
>>
>>79925218
I'll just wait a bit longer and then post 20/20 hindsight when you accept a freemovement deal then I guess. Eu-Canada to EK-UK is not comparable but then again no one knows the future.
>>
The Brexit isn't gonna stop the immigrants lol did people actually think it would?
>>
>>79925378
>EK-UK

EuroKUK

T-thanks, Sweden.
>>
>>79921594
The sandwich shop that delivered to my work increased its prices by 30% the monday after brexit. Monday was the only day they sold us sandwiches that week, they didnt tell us about the price increase until theyd already arrived, too late to get something else. On Tuesday they called us and said they didnt think the phones where working as nobody had rung in an order, oh how we chuckled.
>>
>>79925316
Nice, dismissing concerns about immigration and public services as "feels". Typical.
This dismissive turning of the nose is why people outside London voted leave, people who feel ignored by a political elite out of touch with them.
Guess what, to the working class of the north, they already feel economically in the shit, so they stopped caring. They just want their country to stop being diluted.
>>
>>79925293

Own it, you little retard. No one's asking you to like it.
>>
>>79920693
Better to be poor and white, than to be rich and invaded by the niggers.
>>
>>79925409

The Brexiters backtracked on their promises about immigrants just hours after winning the leave vote.
>>
>>79925378
>when you accept a freemovement deal
Won't happen, tories would lose the next election if they ignore immigration yet again.

>>79925344
>needs to be treated sternly for political reasons.
Ah yes, remain with your abusive husband Joanne, after all he might beat you if you leave him!
>>
File: 1467448931923.jpg (36 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1467448931923.jpg
36 KB, 313x313
>>79925467

You are so young and naive!
>>
>>79924625
>Socialist France

You mean communist ?
>>
>>79925163
Democracy trumps some geld you disgusting fuck. Enjoy your anti-democratic superstate and fuck off if you don't like it.
>>
>>79925316
Blame successive British governments.

They signed Britain up to this federal project without the consent of the people. They left it for 40 years to ask if the country was happy with the direction the political class had decided to go in. They, in their arrogance, unilaterally decided to trick the population into signing up for this whilst disguising it as a trading bloc.

It is not the people's fault for rejecting it. They never consented to it to begin with. The fact that the country is so unprepared for the consequences further goes to show the supreme arrogance of these people, they did not even envision losing.
>>
File: 1467698640739.jpg (248 KB, 900x1361) Image search: [Google]
1467698640739.jpg
248 KB, 900x1361
>>79925409
>>79925487

They never really said it would stop immigrants, even Faragey wants to continue the same amount coming in as before, just with skilled migrants from the entire world.

You CANNOT have a free movement of labor with UNSKILLED workers coming from poor countries with no barriers. It is ridiculous. Implement an Australian-style points based migration system. Yes, Pajeet and his family will still come but instead of competing with you for unskilled and semi-skilled work, Pajeet will be a doctor in your NHS.
>>
>>79925558
>Won't happen
Sure I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>79925377
Then why does Hitchens want us out of the EU if you're so like him?
>>
Aside from the obvious sterling plunge, who's watching the yuan?

Currency is the big thing at the moment. If China's currency takes a dip, it'll likely set up another East-to-West cycle like we had when the world markets went bear early 2016. People will be so busy chasing the bottom that we'll see another market correction if not more so, the EU included.
>>
>>79925316
You EU shills are still crying?
>>
>>79925465
>increased its prices by 30%
Cheeky bastards.
>>
>>79925467
>concerns about immigration and public services as "feels"

Our public services are fucked because of "austerity" policies that cut tax for the rich and starve funds for everything else.

Immigrants from the EU contributed to our GDP growth.

>s dismissive turning of the nose is why people outside London voted leave,

Again, MUH FEELS!

>Guess what, to the working class of the north, they already feel economically in the shit,

Guess what... the North was being fucked by austerity and under investment by Government. It had nothing to do with EU membership.
>>
>>79925558
>Ah yes, remain with your abusive husband Joanne, after all he might beat you if you leave him!

They're German, it's all they know how to do.
>>
>>79921584
Bernie voter spotted
>>
>>79925635
>They never really said it would stop immigrants,

HAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahah...

The entire leave campaign was predicated on cutting immigration.
>>
>>79925208
Nah, it's just British politicking. Tories do what Tories do best, knifing one another in the back.
We'll have a new PM by September 3rd and it'll all be back to normal.
Farage does nothing for political stability since he has no power anyway. This is all Cameron's fault for resigning because of "Why do I have to do all the hard shit?"
The Labour party are the ones in real trouble, the referendum has shown how their elite don't give a fuck about their voters any more.
>>
>>79923751
Only works well for countries whose economies are based on high volume export, like China. If you have a low value currency, then other countries can buy more on their dollar from you so they'll pick your factories over another country's. When your country is mainly importing stuff, you now need to spend more of your currency in order to buy anything. This raises the costs of goods.
>>
>>79925558
>won't happen
shall I screen cap this?
>>
>>79920693
Cheap money, cheap oil, cheap everything. How is this bad again? Everyone is going to want to buy Britain's exports.
>>
>>79925635
>even Faragey wants to continue the same amount coming in as before
????
Hello plebbit, are you 'concerned'?
>>
>>79925779

Cutting uncapped, unskilled migration from Europe

It was never CLOSE the borders, it was to re-take CONTROL of the borders, famalam.
>>
>>79925711
I think the term Profiteering Cunts is a bit more appropriate.
>>
>>79925652

I want out of the EU.

So does George Galloway.

It's apparent you haven't thought this through...
>>
>>79925635
>even Faragey wants to continue the same amount coming in as before
What part of 50k is the same as before?

>>79925487
>The Brexiters backtracked on their promises about immigrants just hours after winning the leave vote.
No, Hannan did, when he never made immigration promises before the vote.
Even Gove says immigration MUST come down.
>>
>>79925779
Cutting immigration isn't the same as ending immigration.

Cutting immigration means allowing migrants the economy needs, not leaving the door open to 500m people.
>>
>>79925779
The campaign was based on lies
The immigrants will stay or you'll become then by the end of this.
>>
>>79920693
>Implying devaluing currency does not boom the economy and foreign investment.
They'll be even more attractive for those foreign trade deals.
>>
>>79923720
> Voters
>>
>>79925616
Serious question, were Brits always this romantic?

I always viewed you as the pragmatic ones just like the Germans, but some of the posts ITT remind me of my own countrymen, and not in a good kind of way.
>>
>>79925715
>Immigrants from the EU contributed to our GDP growth.
But hurt our GDP per capita. No point GDP rising if population goes up faster.
>Again, MUH FEELS!
A nation is not feels you kike
>>
>>79925804

Good for the UK stock markets, not so good for the liquidity of the UK economy.
>>
For anyone jumping in a thread summary:

>Britons leave EU
>Insist they'll be fine
>Realize it's not the 19th century
>ohshitnotasuperpower.jpg
>Bongs insist all will be fine
>Everyone else laughs.
>>
>>79925796
I imagine the political fallout will get worse once the PM actually starts the leaving process. Meanwhile your economy will set records, doubt they'll be good ones.
>>
>>79925855
>Cutting uncapped, unskilled migration from Europe

Cutting immigration was central to the leave campaign. They said they'd reduce the amount of immigrants comming to the UK. Hours later, they said they couldn't promise a reduction in immigration... at all.
>>
>>79925638
>>79925803
>75% of the population fed up with immigration being so high
>referendum has woken up Labour voters to their our party's treachery against their views
>tory voters only stopped fleeing to UKIP because Cameron promised the referendum

If they do a stitch up and immigration remains high there's going to be a big political collapse of the two main parties.
>>
>>79926120

They literally never said that, m8, stop lying pls.
>>
>>79924078

Economies don't matter, all that matters is that in the next 2 to 5 thousand years Britain is still Britannia at an ethnic level.
>>
>>79920693
Investing is going to be cheap and the gains are gonna be yuuuuuuuuge.

They're gonna bounce back better than ever.
>>
>>79926120
>Hours later, they said they couldn't promise a reduction in immigration
No, what happened
>main leave campaigners say immigration can be cut and controlled
>after we leave shill media wheels out Hannan to say we don't need to cut it despite him having this view for months and being ignored before since no one gives a flying fuck what an MEP thinks
Nice shill
>>
File: 1433055633882.gif (748 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1433055633882.gif
748 KB, 500x275
>>79926120
So the economy tanks, immigration stays the same... mhmm
>>
>>79925916
>Even Gove says immigration MUST come down.

And, the Brexitors have discovered how to make this happen.

They're crashing the UK economy to stop immigrants comming.

Genius.
>>
>>79926092
> American education.

I know you don't realise a world exists outside of the US and its immediate surroundings, but there are plenty of countries flourishing out there without being in a monolithic federation or needing to be a superpower.
>>
>>79925920
>Cutting immigration means allowing migrants the economy needs,

Who picks the fruit in the UK, and gathers our harvests? Who cleans our roads, washes our cars and cleans our toilets? Romanian doctors?

>not leaving the door open to 500m people.

You think the entire population of the EU want to come to the UK?

heh
>>
>>79920693
>germans still hoping one of the most powerful and oldest country will fall apart bc it left some dumb bureaucratic union
If only anglos were that weak
>>
>>79925931

Indeed.

We've fuked our economy.
>>
>>79926252
Yeah, random MPs and MEPs are crashing the economy right now.

>>79926370
EU workers have driven down wages to levels too low to survive on with a family, it's why they're mostly single men who come alone and send money back to their country.
This has allowed perpetuation of the "lazy brits" meme in the media to justify mass immigration.
>>
>>79926360
Yea and Britain isn't one of them.
>>
>>79921054
it is for britain you dumb shit
>>
>>79926007
>No point GDP rising if population goes up faster.

It's apparent you don't know how GDP works...

heh
>>
>>79926173
Wasn't one of the main "Leave" campaign arguments to substitute EU immigration with the Commonwealth immigration?

I wouldn't say an increased immigration from countries such as Pakistan, Nigeria and Rwanda will help keep Britain "British" but to each to their own I guess.
>>
>>79926166
>They literally never said that,

Hahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahah

I'm loving this.
>>
>>79926370
> Who picks the fruit in the UK

You'll be able to find anyone to pick fruit for £10 an hour. They don't want to do it for £6 an hour on a zero hour contract. The problem with uncontrolled low skilled immigration is it depresses wages.

It's supply and demand.

More supply for low skilled work, depressing wages.
More demand for goods and services, increasing cost of living.
More demand for housing, housing bubble.
More demand on public services.

It's great for GDP, great for corporations, but terrible for the working class and it's no surprise they're revolting about it now.
>>
>>79926223
>and, the backtraking continues...

Lovely.
>>
File: 1463572148420.png (50 KB, 445x638) Image search: [Google]
1463572148420.png
50 KB, 445x638
>>79921294

Machines, engines, pumps: US$63.9 billion (13.9% of total exports)
Gems, precious metals: $53 billion (11.5%)
Vehicles: $50.7 billion (11%)
Pharmaceuticals: $36 billion (7.8%)
Oil: $33.2 billion (7.2%)
Electronic equipment: $29 billion (6.3%)
Aircraft, spacecraft: $18.9 billion (4.1%)
Medical, technical equipment: $18.4 billion (4%)
Organic chemicals: $14 billion (3%)
Plastics: $11.8 billion (2.6%)
>>
>>79926585

Well if you want to make things up ya fucking cunt go right ahead.
>>
>>79926481
And why is that? How exactly is a ~10% tariff wall which wasn't there before, when Britain has a trade deficit, going to wipe the UK from the map?
>>
>>79926250

The Brexit plan appears to be: kill the economy and the immigrants will stay at home.

Genius.
>>
>>79926576

I don't know where you got that, because there literally isn't a difference.
>>
>>79923720
>>79925993
I'm caught up in the Hillary drama, what's the redpill on Brexit?
>>
>>79920693
>>
>>79926480
>Yeah, random MPs and MEPs are crashing the economy right now.

MPs?

The international markets are currently making a "no confidence" vote in sterling.

>EU workers have driven down wages to levels too low to survive on with a family

What is the minimum wage?
What are tax credits?
>>
>>79926651
That's the percentage of total exports.

It doesn't tell us anything about your export relation to the GDP.
>>
>>79926841

>What is the minimum wage?
>What are tax credits?

Not enough to support a family that's for sure.
>>
File: Britcucked.png (996 KB, 1010x2180) Image search: [Google]
Britcucked.png
996 KB, 1010x2180
BRITAIN IS --->NOT<--- LEAVING THE EU
THESE SORT OF THINGS ARE BEING DONE SO THE POPULATION WON'T GET OVERLY PEEVED WHEN THEY ANNOUNCE IT
BRITAIN = KEKED
>>
>>79926120

Greedy bastards would rather turn Britain into Bongostan than have their crony scams fall apart.

Fuck them, and their fake Jew money.
>>
>>79926525
So India has a better economy for the population than Sweden?
>>
>>79926841
>What is the minimum wage?
>What are tax credits?
Too low to survive on for a family of 4
>>
>>79926703
Mate I'm not saying UK is going to be wiped off the map. No one in their right man is going to say they're flourishing right now.

Sure maybe they'll be in a good spot in 10 or 20 years, maybe less if they're really lucky, but they certainly are not right now.
>>
>>79926576
No. Their argument is why are we taking 200k polish toilet cleaners over 30k Commonwealth nurses.
>>
>>79926641
Hannan never said immigration would be cut. But he's an MEP out of a job, so his view is irrelevant.
The main leave campaigners still say it will fall.
>>
>>79926597
>They don't want to do it for £6 an hour on a zero hour contract.

You think the EU is responsible for zero hour contracts?

>You'll be able to find anyone to pick fruit for £10 an hour.

You'll be lucky to find people willing to do it for £15.

>It's supply and demand.

The extra costs incurred by producers will be passed onto consumers. Paying workers more in wages results in higher prices for everyone.
>>
>>79926767
The globalists lost and now the (((bankers))) are trying to crash our economy for it
>>
File: 3891471486.jpg (12 KB, 287x325) Image search: [Google]
3891471486.jpg
12 KB, 287x325
>>79922490
Rude much
>>
At this point it should be clear that the UK is not leaving the EU and the whole thing is just a power play.

Brits are completely divided on the topic and figure heads including farage have suddenly left.

Give it a few more weeks and either they will hold a new election or simply ignore the result for some greater good appeal to emotion stunt
>>
>>79927113
>Hannan never said immigration would be cut.

hahahahahahah
hahahahahahaha
ahahahah
ahah

I'm loving this.
>>
>>79926742
Your argument was that Brexit was worth the economic downturn because in the end it will help keep Britain British (whatever that means).

But if old immigrants won't leave and the new ones from countries much poorer than say Poland and Romania start coming in, how will that make a difference?
>>
>>79927139
>Paying workers more in wages results in higher prices for everyone.
Why not pay everyone nothing then!
>>
>>79926898
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/exports
>>
File: 1449049376186.png (51 KB, 283x185) Image search: [Google]
1449049376186.png
51 KB, 283x185
>>79920693
Oh boy! Sow what is Draghi going to do now? Is he already shitting his pants since this means the Euro is next and his magic negative interest rate trick did not or will he suggest the debtor countries to pay their debts to the British now?
>>
>>79926841
> What is the minimum wage?
> What are tax credits?

There are huge swaths of people who are not experiencing raises over time to even compensate for inflation. People in skilled trades like electricians and plumbing are seeing their incomes plummet too. If the EU had been willing to compromise on free movement, we would probably have remained, but they remain completely unwilling to do so.

>>79927002
> Sure maybe they'll be in a good spot in 10 or 20 years

Which is what we've always maintained. Everyone was aware of the short term consequences. You can't fundamentally change your economy without short term consequences. This is short term pain for long term gain.

>>79927139
If you refuse to see how this has been ravaging the poorest people in the country, then I can't help you.
>>
>>79927201
Find me a quote where he claimed otherwise.
He's no conservative, he's just a neo-liberal.
>>
>>79927197

Well, in constitutional terms, a General Election result that puts a pro-EU Government into power trumps the outcome of a referendum (that wasn't legally binding).
>>
>>79927246
>Why not pay everyone nothing then!

Because workers are also consumers. If the owrkers have no money, the economy tanks. If they have too much money, inflation tanks the economy.

Don't you love Capitalism?
>>
>>79927320
What if that pro-EU government wins on 35% of the vote? FPTP is garbage.

>>79927197
No we are leaving. Farage is powerless now, it's up to the Tories to make us leave, and the leave half of their party has the remain half's feet to the fire on it.
>>
>>79927139

Not sure where you live, but I live in one of the poorest places in the UK.

For £8 an hour you can get the worst, scummiest, laziest chav on the planet to work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week without question, even in a shitty job.

£10 an hour for a job that requires no education, skills or experience is like a dream job where I live and you'd get people queuing up for this kind of work.
Man, I got paid less than that when I started out working as an accountant (which required years of education and a yearly fee to join an accredited accounting body).
>>
File: voice_of_our_generation.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
voice_of_our_generation.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>79927320
Exactly.
Brexit is not happening.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.