[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there an increase in science deniers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 49
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 736x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 736x444
Why is there an increase in science deniers?
>>
It's kinda funny.
>>
because there's an increase in science lying
>>
Because their moms didn't love them
>>
Simply put, complexity. If you're interested in the topic of scientific development, I'd recommend Kuhn's Structure of Scientific Revolutions. In the opening sections, he deals with what happens when a scientific paradigm is established, let's use the example of evolution by natural selection. Anyone with a high school education can pick up a copy of Darwin and grasp a significant portion of it, the same cannot be said of contemporary peer-reviewed journals. Unfortunately, as any given field matures and its inquires become increasingly complex, the knowledge of the scientific community breaks away rapidly from the common knowledge of the masses. Now, add in bias, etc. and you've got a recipe for creating science deniers.
>>
>>79896149
oh shit canadia with the facts
>>
Wtf I hate science now.

Guess I'm a #BiblicalMissile now
>>
>>79896149
What reason would they have to lie?
>>
>>79895940
>2016
>still thinks (((jewpitur))) really exists
Top Kek
>>
Too much information available with zero fucking frame. That's why.

>disregard all other leafs
>>
File: disflakes.png (46 KB, 197x319) Image search: [Google]
disflakes.png
46 KB, 197x319
Thanks. Added to my meme. Forgot about that flake.
>>
>>79897015
Because the government pays them to spread what the government wants people to think.
>>
>>79896149
This guy gets it.
Non replicability and shit.

Especially the U.S. is growing ever more notorious for allowing its business to corrupt its scientific activities.
Practically it takes the form of the rather disgustingly polite and conflcit avoidant "Well deary it's nice that you'd want to use America research but i'd strongly suggest you to consider its relevance to us here.".

Between data corruption, adamant and emotional attempts at maintaining the all-important reputation and the startlingly limited deep interaction with foreign scientists and it is little wonder it is losing face quickly.
>>
>>79896149
For example?
>>
>>79897389
But the government would rather have religion and creationist beliefs keep the masses under control. There's no benefit in making people be more individualistic and free thinking.
>>
>>79895940
People are getting more red pilled.
Over the years scientists have been getting treated more like priests with people blindly believing any fuck in a labcoat.
The masses are waking up and realizing that most "scientists" are just wastes of space at best and corrupt grant grabbers at worst.
>>
>>79895940
because the earth is flat

roundies btfo
>>
Because Christianity is in its death bed so its becoming more paranoid
Meanwhile Islam is on the rise so its becoming more zealous
The future is Chinese because they don't have to deal with those religions dividing their country.
>>
>>79897842
the "97% of climate scientists believe global warming" it's a load of shit with obviously flawed reasoning but is parroted constantly
>>
>>79896149
proofs?
>>
>>79898264
Could you give me proof that they are lying?
>>
>>79898225
Religion is growing in China, and China can't support is growth anyway.
India will be the super power of the future.
>>
>>79898264
No, it's really not. I've yet to see any peer-reviewed paper arguing the contrary. But I'd like to hear your reasoning on why you believe it's flawed, as I've heard estimates ranging from 90%+
>>
>>79898169
It's hollow leafnigger. Ask the Nazis
>>
>>79898561

Super Pooer more like
>>
>>79895940
Because they're trying to use science to justify government. Soft sciences are trying to spend and destroy all the credibility built up by generations of actual science. Scientism is the delusion of our age.
>>
disinfo pls go
>>
>>79898433
Can you prove they are telling the truth?
>>
File: IndiaPrimeMinister.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
IndiaPrimeMinister.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>79898654
>>
>>79898225
These would be the same Chinese who drive species to extinction because they believe in sympathetic magic?
>>
Here are the ten core beliefs that most scientists take for granted.

1. Everything is essentially mechanical. Dogs, for example, are complex mechanisms, rather than living organisms with goals of their own. Even people are machines, ‘lumbering robots’, in Richard Dawkins’s vivid phrase, with brains that are like genetically programmed computers.

2. All matter is unconscious. It has no inner life or subjectivity or point of view. Even human consciousness is an illusion produced by the material activities of brains.

3.The total amount of matter and energy is always the same (with the exception of the Big Bang, when all the matter and energy of the universe suddenly appeared).

4. The laws of nature are fixed. They are the same today as they were at the beginning, and they will stay the same for ever.

5. Nature is purposeless, and evolution has no goal or direction.

6. All biological inheritance is material, carried in the genetic material, DNA, and in other material structures.

7. Minds are inside heads and are nothing but the activities of brains. When you look at a tree, the image of the tree you are seeing is not ‘out there’, where it seems to be, but inside your brain.

8. Memories are stored as material traces in brains and are wiped out at death.

9. Unexplained phenomena like telepathy are illusory.

10.Mechanistic medicine is the only kind that really works.

t. Rupert Sheldrake
>>
File: nazibarbie3.jpg (16 KB, 161x352) Image search: [Google]
nazibarbie3.jpg
16 KB, 161x352
Math is hard.
>>
>>79895940
Because Islam is spreading to the west, shown by these shining examples of "progress", i.e. Londanistan and Cuckada
>>79897171
>>79898078
>>79898169
>>
File: Canadian Posters.jpg (319 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
Canadian Posters.jpg
319 KB, 1305x892
>>79896149
>>
>>79898433
after a 30 second google search
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136
also, it's not that anyone is "lying". They are using flawed methods to get these numbers
>>
>>79899029
>http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136

Could you dump it, it's behind a paywall.
>>
>>79895940
are there more science deniers or have you just become more aware of them?
>>
>>79899003
Except this time the leaf is not wrong.
>>
>>79896149
Oh here he goes again. Look at you Canada, posting here thinking you just said some smart shit.

Out of all countries that post here Canadians are the ones that piss me off the most. Their entire fucking culture makes no sense. What exactly is it that you do? Wear flannel shirts and slurp syrup?

If I think of America I think of guns, pop culture and freedom. Sure, lots of ignorant baboons but at least they wear their retardation like a badge of honor, use it as a cultural identity, their flag promotes the unity of the country with all these stripes and stars.

Germany is orderly, a country that prides itself on its rules and their citizens who follow them. It's also the country with the biggest responsibility when it comes to destroying Europe with its two world wars and government sanctioned refugee crisis. Their flag waves strong colors, black, red and gold. A dominant flag for a dominant country.

Russia is strong and stubborn to a fault. They live hard lives and don't complain about it. Obviously the entire country is pretty much a shithole but it breeds strong people who can take care of themselves. Their flag represents the cold, the white, the blue but also the burning passion in the red, it all comes together to signify that their country is bleak but there is strength in that.

But Canada, what are they fucking known for? Being "nice", i guess? Is that your role in the world? Being fucking nice? That's not an achievhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODElE-EEF48ement. Everyone can be nice. It's easy to be nice. You just don't have to say anything bad. So what did your fucking country decide to put on their flag to show the entire world what Canada is all about? A leaf. A FUCKING LEAF. You decided that you like to slurp your shitty syrup so damn much that you might as well put the fucking leaf that it's made of on the flag. You don't even respect your own country so why the hell should I.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 600x656
>>79898838
Ok. You so damn smart
>>
>>79899099
wasn't for me
http://pastebin.com/Xxu2wqY6
>>
>>79898813
Thats retarded but it doesnt really affect much but greenpeace's feelings.
>>
>>79899315
Odds are I used up my free article(s) for the month. Thanks, I'll read it and get back to you.
>>
>>79898838
true desu, except scientists are exploring why life exists, and not flat out saying it has no purpose.
>>
>>79899284
haha wtf? xDDD
calm down dude
>>
>>79897865

It's literally religion wrapped up as "science".
>>
File: Argiewhite6.jpg (17 KB, 320x344) Image search: [Google]
Argiewhite6.jpg
17 KB, 320x344
>>79899357
>>
>>79897865
Not true, just look to "pop sci". This isn't rigorous science, its half truths and vague applications. People put way too much trust in current science. Also, the government ultimately has no control over religion; however, they do have control over science produced by firms/organizations receiving public funding. The threat of government pulling those subsidies will always exist, and, depending on how dependant the scientific institution is on public funds, the scientific institution is compelled to publish findings that support government interests.
>>
>>79899686
Oh here he goes again. Look at you Canada, posting here thinking you just said some smart shit.

Out of all countries that post here Canadians are the ones that piss me off the most. Their entire fucking culture makes no sense. What exactly is it that you do? Wear flannel shirts and slurp syrup?

If I think of America I think of guns, pop culture and freedom. Sure, lots of ignorant baboons but at least they wear their retardation like a badge of honor, use it as a cultural identity, their flag promotes the unity of the country with all these stripes and stars.

Germany is orderly, a country that prides itself on its rules and their citizens who follow them. It's also the country with the biggest responsibility when it comes to destroying Europe with its two world wars and government sanctioned refugee crisis. Their flag waves strong colors, black, red and gold. A dominant flag for a dominant country.

Russia is strong and stubborn to a fault. They live hard lives and don't complain about it. Obviously the entire country is pretty much a shithole but it breeds strong people who can take care of themselves. Their flag represents the cold, the white, the blue but also the burning passion in the red, it all comes together to signify that their country is bleak but there is strength in that.

But Canada, what are they fucking known for? Being "nice", i guess? Is that your role in the world? Being fucking nice? That's not an achievement. Everyone can be nice. It's easy to be nice. You just don't have to say anything bad. So what did your fucking country decide to put on their flag to show the entire world what Canada is all about? A leaf. A FUCKING LEAF. You decided that you like to slurp your shitty syrup so damn much that you might as well put the fucking leaf that it's made of on the flag. You don't even respect your own country so why the hell should I.
>>
Because the internet gives a platform to retards, dimwits, the uneducated, and the mentally ill.

And stupid people beget stupid people.
>>
>>79899950
I have a Jewish girlfriend, my best friend growing up was Indian, I go out after work with my black co-workers, the guys who make my lunch everyday are Mexican and are as hard-working and loyal as anyone out there. I have a large social network of people of almost every background.

I live in Toronto, one of the most diverse places in the world. I love it here and it wouldn't be fun to live here if it was just white people here...

You white nationalist guys on here should just find a random island and make it a white only playland...we won't miss you nazi scumbags
>>
>>79899790
While I don't disagree with your assertion that there are a lot of otherwise reasonable people that, willingly or unwillingly, replace god with ''science,'' it speaks more to the lack of scientific understanding than it does the scientific community.
>>
>>79896149
>Lying science
>Science obviously claims Sky Daddy is 100% real
>>
>>79900169

But Canada, what are they fucking known for? Being "nice", i guess? Is that your role in the world? Being fucking nice? That's not an achievement. Everyone can be nice. It's easy to be nice. You just don't have to say anything bad. So what did your fucking country decide to put on their flag to show the entire world what Canada is all about? A leaf. A FUCKING LEAF. You decided that you like to slurp your shitty syrup so damn much that you might as well put the fucking leaf that it's made of on the flag. You don't even respect your own country so why the hell should I.
>>
>>79900169
>Prajeet-Chan, my friend.
>>
>>79895940
Read Science as a Candle in the Dark by Sagan, and you'll know why...
>>
File: 1464231686698.png (1 MB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
1464231686698.png
1 MB, 1920x1044
>>79900169
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaO_aH4cthg&index=1&list=PLebLAvrUbivauJRKwU7LHi8cmz6ZfWUHC - Astronomy Reveals Creation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edD5HOx6Q0 - John Sanford on Genomic Entropy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8Az3QQZdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxMkMBXAVZ8

I really don't know OP. Maybe its because your "science" is pseudo science.
>>
>>79900752
holy kek
>>
>>79900920
My sciance is soup
>>
>>79898995
>thinks we was being serious about Jupiter and flat earth
>>
>>79895940
Like denying the science that the earth is not warming?
>>
>>79895940

Because the rest of the planet is salty they still can't keep up with America and would rather pretend the whole space thing is a hoax
>>
>>79895940
Nigger the only thing that is anti-science is deliberately blocking skeptics and wasting time with inefficient energy source research (biofuel, solar, wind) compared to actually useful sources like Thorium and Nuclear. There are also a ton of people that ignore that Flouride lowers testosterone levels in the long term because it's too problematic.
>>
File: 1466356263481.gif (457 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466356263481.gif
457 KB, 400x400
>>79895940

Because people on the moon should be wearing the helmets that come with their space suit.
>>
File: 1466359636384.jpg (147 KB, 960x632) Image search: [Google]
1466359636384.jpg
147 KB, 960x632
Because Astronauts that are supposed to be dead, aren't.
>>
File: 1466360489875.jpg (103 KB, 506x381) Image search: [Google]
1466360489875.jpg
103 KB, 506x381
Because NASA takes pictures of rodents on Mars.
>>
File: 360degreewallofice.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
360degreewallofice.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
Because they won't let you visit Antarctica and it has never been circumnavigated.
>>
File: worksonaglobe.jpg (514 KB, 1170x701) Image search: [Google]
worksonaglobe.jpg
514 KB, 1170x701
Because people believe things that cannot be proven on a small scale, exist at large.
>>
File: 67000mphgoy.jpg (143 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
67000mphgoy.jpg
143 KB, 852x480
Because this is a little too perfect for a planet hurling through space.
>>
File: antigravitygoy!.jpg (176 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
antigravitygoy!.jpg
176 KB, 1240x775
Because "anti-gravity" is actually manipulation of electromagnetism.
>>
>>79896149
Are you jelly leaf? You don't even have a space program, do ya?
>>
File: flathorizon.jpg (862 KB, 1600x806) Image search: [Google]
flathorizon.jpg
862 KB, 1600x806
Because no matter how high you go, the horizon remains horizontal and level.

>Sea Level
>See? Level
>>
>>79895940
Because the Cult of Global Warming has poisoned the minds of old and young alike.
>>
File: wakeup.jpg (200 KB, 746x1250) Image search: [Google]
wakeup.jpg
200 KB, 746x1250
>>79907310
WHO won't let you visit Antarctica?
>>
>>79895940
Because the implications of modern science frighten people so they choose to deny it and remain blissfully ignorant.
>>
File: unflag.jpg (16 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
unflag.jpg
16 KB, 318x159
Because long after "scientists" determined the earth was a globe which later changed to an oblate spheroid, the United Nations decided they were going to put a flat earth map on their flag.
>>
>>79907511
Throw enough darts and you'll hit a bulls eye eventually
>>
>>79907421
Please, we know the earth is nothing special. There are tons of habitable planets.

I wonder what life they hold.
>>
File: testify.png (2 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
testify.png
2 KB, 160x160
Because the "Astro-NOTs" that were supposed to have landed on the moon, refuse to testify to the fact and will instead attack you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6Vcvl0OeU
>>
File: 150millionmilesgoy!.jpg (53 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
150millionmilesgoy!.jpg
53 KB, 650x488
Because they know you faggots weren't paying attention in geometry.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 350x270
>>79900169
Which hole do you let the nigger fuck
>>
>>79895940
To continue dumbing down the masses, make them skeptical of all education and science, keep them ignorant and compliant. Control.
>>
>>79897865
"individualistic and free thinking"

Science has nothing to do with either of those concepts. Science is about proving facts, as much as is possible, about the natural world. Proof is supposed to be a pretty rigid thing, with no room for individualistic interpretation.

The problem with modern science is they try to ram evidence down people's throats and call it proof, leaving no room for skepticism. Skepticism is the domain of the free thinker, not science.
>>
>>79907310
I think there is some aliens or shit they are hiding in Anartica.
>>
>>79898078
Oh lookie, there's one now. Sorry they already got to you, dipshit.
>>
>>79898169
truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSNc0yZJZqg
>>
File: copypasteclouds.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
copypasteclouds.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
Because photoshop is hard.
>>
>>79900169
>Toronto

Fuck Toronto

t. Edmonton
>>
File: DrRowbotham.jpg (26 KB, 400x244) Image search: [Google]
DrRowbotham.jpg
26 KB, 400x244
Because bodies of water have never been demonstrated to curve and flat surfaces doesn't exist on a sphere.
>>
>>79895940
Most people are not science "deniers", but when you keep hearing loads of hysterical bullshit, it's only natural to become skeptical. The same people pushing man-made climate change are the same ones pushing shit like the wage gap, 1-in-4 women on campus will be raped, there are more than two genders. When you unravel the lies about those things, why would you believe that same person who goes on to say that climate change is man made, we're all going to die unless you give me lots of money and power.

You can only stand on bullshit for so long before no one believes the rest of it. That's not being anti-science, that's a natural reaction to being lied to.
>>
>>79896809
This is the most worthwhile post in this thread I believe. Also another recommendation for Kuhn's book, it is excellent.
>>
>>79907943
God damn are you stupid.
>>
File: invisimoon.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
invisimoon.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Because you didn't land on this and neither has anyone else.
>>
>>79896149
You don't understand how science works. Scientists study and experiment with things, make theories and report their findings. Yet, nothing is set in stone. They are open to criticism. They are open to the fact that some scientist will come and disprove their theory. Science is dynamic and scientists work together to figure things out. If their wrong it's because they've learned something new and we benefit greatly for them. In fact, we should all be thanking scientists and engineers for their contributions to humanity.
>>
File: kubrickmadethemoonlanding.jpg (41 KB, 632x357) Image search: [Google]
kubrickmadethemoonlanding.jpg
41 KB, 632x357
Because Kubrick was murdered.
>>
>>79908323
If the moon is round and rotates around earth then why isn't earth round
>>
>>79908406
>>
File: 1466363265726.jpg (35 KB, 386x385) Image search: [Google]
1466363265726.jpg
35 KB, 386x385
Because you cannot schedule any of these flight paths.
>>
>>79896149
Ya just like how murrica never landed on the moon
>>
File: goyfinallysees.jpg (73 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
goyfinallysees.jpg
73 KB, 480x360
Because the ancient greeks knew it to be a motionless, flat plane.

They were smarter than most of us will ever be.
>>
>>79908541
You can though, I tested it (flghts between Australie and Argentina)
>>
File: waterfindsitslevel.jpg (6 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
waterfindsitslevel.jpg
6 KB, 268x188
Because water finds it's level.

And a level, by definition is flat.
>>
>>79908323
But the earth is so large, and people are so small that your image isnt relevant. We're not towering over what would amount to like 1/20th of the planet.
>>
>>79908541
It has to do with the magnetic field. It is weaker on the poles so the plane could have its electric circuits messed up.
>>
File: 1466364382562.jpg (311 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1466364382562.jpg
311 KB, 2000x1333
>>79908666

>And I had family members that died in Sandy Hook it totally happened!

Because any picture of a supposed "curvature" is a fish eye.
>>
>>79908642
Greeks also believed a lot of retarded shit senpai.

Not sure if troll or retard.
>>
>>79908541
The opposite is true. A Romanian man paddled a boat from Greenland to Grise Fiord, Canada. If the Earth was flat that wouldn't be possible.
>>
File: 1458930311946.jpg (64 KB, 584x759) Image search: [Google]
1458930311946.jpg
64 KB, 584x759
>>79897389
"spread" is the wrong word here.
They support and give clout to what the Gov't wants people to think.

>>79897865

Famalam, you gotta get more woke than that

>>79899790
>>79899938
>>79908130

/thread

Legitimate underrated posts, anons. Well said.
>>
>>79898225
That's pretty fucked up because Islam is at medieval Christianity tier right now
>>
File: flags.jpg (59 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
flags.jpg
59 KB, 500x312
Because there's a reason imagery was chosen the world over.

It's not a (((coincidence)))
>>
>>79896149
spbp
>>
File: flatearth.jpg (10 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
flatearth.jpg
10 KB, 193x261
Because I have 200 proofs, and you have none.
>>
File: real1.jpg (7 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
real1.jpg
7 KB, 254x199
Because even on NASA's website, the pictures of satellites are no more real than this one and the one in the OP.

http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/nasa-knows/what-is-a-satellite-58.html
>>
File: 1421809592820.png (165 KB, 562x490) Image search: [Google]
1421809592820.png
165 KB, 562x490
Let's end this shit right now faggots.

Is the fucking earth round or flat?
>>
File: nothin2seehere.jpg (44 KB, 300x417) Image search: [Google]
nothin2seehere.jpg
44 KB, 300x417
Because NASA is science fiction.
>>
>>79908069
Skepticism is a bad thing now? Doesn't skepticism fly in the face of compliance? You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. Either that, or you don't know what these words mean.

I get it, being skeptical of the government, religion, and big business is good but being skeptical of science is bad. Lord knows science never gets anything wrong and never has an agenda.
>>
File: rlymakesuthink.jpg (179 KB, 736x538) Image search: [Google]
rlymakesuthink.jpg
179 KB, 736x538
>>79909142
Flat motionless plane.

>they know some-thing
>>
File: 1467616650292.jpg (253 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1467616650292.jpg
253 KB, 1024x1365
>>79896149
well done
redpill
>>
>>79898576
The 90% figure (or whatever it is) is a misrepresentation. I'm not perfectly familiar with the poll, it's been a while, but I think it's something like "90% of scientist that believe global warming is caused by humans also believes something or other"

like i said i'm not exactly sure what the poll's wording was, but i'll try to find it
>>
>>79909237
Suppose the earth is flat. Explain how the bowl of a ship recedes first under the horizon as it travels away from you?
>>
File: nasaufo.jpg (867 KB, 2340x2350) Image search: [Google]
nasaufo.jpg
867 KB, 2340x2350
Because NASA hides UFOs in their images to trick retards into thinking there's a big coverup in outerspace for any reason other than the Earth being flat.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/AS17-147-22470HR.jpg

Above the mountain range on the right incase you missed it.

This from the same people that tell you stars wouldn't be visible from the moon and that's why they're missing from all the shots.
>>
File: firstlawmyass.jpg (190 KB, 1280x1233) Image search: [Google]
firstlawmyass.jpg
190 KB, 1280x1233
>>79895940
New Atheism, it did two things. First, it discredited religion using scientific facts, putting religious people on the defensive and essentially cornering them into science denial. Second, It made atheism accessible to stupid people, who are more prone to new age bullshit, conspiracy theories, and pseudo-scientific research.
>>
>>79898576
>>79909319
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-basic.htm
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/obama-ups-climate-change-consensus-paris-995-scientists
http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/07/30/what-consensus-the-97-consensus-is-now-43-less-than-half-of-climate-scientists-agree-with-un-ipcc-95-certainty/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/#5ae8460a7187
>>
>>79895940

the most publicized studies today are psychology and sociology studies. these are often bullshit. they interview a few hundred people and claim it represents everyone.
>>
>>79895940
The problem is that the quality of research is going down across the board and there isn't enough people replicating studies.

There is an increasing problem with flat out shitty studies (ie the 1 in 4 get raped in college stat) and industry funded studies that create a huge conflict of interest (essentially every vaccine study out there).

Its gotten to the point where the first thing I look into after the abstract is who the main author's are affiliated with to decide if I bin it or not.
>>
>>79895940
Because global warming is a lie
>>
>>79897015
What kind of a stupid fucking question is that, why would somebody suddenly lose any motivation to lie when they get a science degree?
>>
Has anyone ever claimed that the earth's climate is supposed to be static and constant?
>>
>>79907605

a couple of high school photo class could have educated you on lens distortion.
also photoshop

So you found, or most likely were shown some photos from the net that shows no curvature and therefore believe the Earth is not a sphere? Why not conduct some experiments YOURSELF to detect the shape of the planet?
If the Earth is not a sphere like you contend what shape is it? Why is Earth not spheroid like the other planets and the Sun?
>>
File: bmw.png (1 MB, 5025x5071) Image search: [Google]
bmw.png
1 MB, 5025x5071
If you're not brainwashed and are actually open to evidence and reason watch Eric Dubay's videos on youtube. He proves the flat earth much better than I can, I am but a humble messenger spreading the word.

The Nazis chose the Schwarze Sonne because it represents intimate knowledge of the Sun.

The North pole is the true home of the Aryan people. Hyperborea with the capital city Thule.

Only at the North pole can the sun be seen all night, impossible on a globe.

The Globalists have not only sought to conquer your nations, but your mind as well.

In disconnecting you from your true world they have severed your connection with with the divine, the same divinity that gives one the courage to face death without fear.
>>
File: image.png (44 KB, 280x390) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44 KB, 280x390
>>79908642
>ancient Greeks believed earth was flat
>never hearing of Eratosthenes
Troll harder. 1/10 for making me reply.
>>
>>79897865
>But the government would rather have religion and creationist beliefs keep the masses under control.
What actual basis do you have for this assertion though? Last time I checked the creationists failed horribly every time they tried to get their crap taught in public schools, the government doesn't seem to be too fond of them. Also wouldn't it be much better for a government for people to derive their beliefs about the world from scientists who they fund rather then some old book they have no control over? Why do you think the commies tried to wipe out religion; fedora jokes?
>>
>>79910037

Parroting an experiment without testing it and seeing if you get your desired results is quite a foolish activity.
>>
>>79909921
To support the status quo even if it's incorrect.
>>
>>79909142
It's round. The flat earth movement was created as a thought experiment to see if people could come up with evidence to support insane theories.
>>
>>79910026

The former SS Generals' Hall (German: "Obergruppenführersaal") on the first floor of the North Tower of Wewelsburg Castle with the dark green sun wheel mosaic located on the floor in the center of the hall. Since 1991, occasionally the marble inlay has been called the "Black Sun" – especially by right-wing authors.[citation needed] Since then, the mosaic has been linked to esoteric concepts about a "Black Sun" which have been discussed by neo-nazi circles since the post-war years. The architects who redesigned the castle during the Nazi era called the axis of the North Tower the "Center of the World".
>>
>>79907181
Is this real? Do you have the link to where this was originally published?
>>
>>79908406

dead pixel in the sensor
good catch m8!
>>
>>79910037
Eratosthenes was an incredibly intelligent human being
>>
>>79910212

And the experiment was an huge success. Turns out there's more evidence that we live on a flat motionless plane than NASA can provide for the Globe & Space Travel who'da thunk it?
>>
>>79910338

If deception is a hallmark of human intelligence, sure.
>>
>>79907056
>>79907147
>>79907181
>>79907310
>>79907372
>>79907421
>>79907511
>>79907605
>>79907740
>canadians

What's it like being a shittier version of New Zealand?
>>
>>79910439
What's it like being unable to provide a single image of a real satellite?
>>
>>79910381
Deception?

He was remarkably accurate which is quite respectable for discovering that over 2000 years ago.
>>
>>79910143
Put a stick into a ground through different parts of a day in different regions and see a shadow that leads to it.
See also:
>what is a compass and magnetic field
>how do sundials work in different time zones
>why is the moon and other celestial bodies round
>why does the sun rise at a logarithmic rate
>how does a center of gravity work
<<<in a plane or mountain top>>>
>how do I see further from higher
>why can I see curvature of earth
>>
>>79897015
Money.
Fame.
Attention.
Politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sch%C3%B6n_scandal

With the massive increase in Chinese research, we'll have to start being quite careful with reading the literature because the Chinese are a nation of liars. Especially with the concurrent rise in digital journals that do not have quite as rigid a peer-review system as the top journals (although even peer-review is not perfect).
>>
"To construct my planter, a spherical core is needed. An old pair of underwear worked well. We have supplies on Station sufficient to change our underwear perhaps once every 3 to 4 Plants being grown on the ISS. days, so I figured there might be a few nutrients in there as well. An old pair of underwear was folded into a sphere and held in place with a few well-placed stitches using needle and thread from our sewing kit."

>When you're so retarded you let NASA convince you they grow tomatoes in their underwear in the ISS

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/space/livinginspace/Astronaut_Laundry.html
>>
>>79897015
fear of ostracism
>>
>>79910574

>why can I see curvature of earth

You had me going until that please refer to:

>>79908824
>And I had family members that died in Sandy Hook it totally happened!

Honest questions deserve honest answers but you have never seen a curve.
>>
>>79908457
>They are open to the fact that some scientist will come and disprove their theory.
Unless that theory is man-caused climate change in which case those heretics will be cast out like the scum they are with no discussion allowed.

>muh consensus
Yeah like the consensus on the existence of the Luminiferous aether, or the consensus on the earth being at the centre of the solar system, those were pretty widespread consensuses too. I'm not even arguing that man-caused climate change isn't legit (it probably is) it's just this isn't how science works and it drives me crazy how people misrepresent it, the whole idea of science is that you can doubt the theories that have a large consensus behind them, that's what makes scientific progress possible in the first place.
>>
>>79910547
Successful in his proto-NASA shilling to steer people away from the truth of the flat earth.
>>
File: sage.png (30 KB, 353x296) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
30 KB, 353x296
>flat-earthers, global-warming deniers, tinfoil hats, retards falling for the b8
>>
>>79895940
One question: How was that photo taken?
>>
>>79910816
>consensus on the earth being at the centre of the solar system

>consensus
>solar system

top kek
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 600x399
>>79910768
Look further. Also, study planes.

Also how is the earths shadow circular on the moon?
>>
One real picture of a satellite is all it will take to prove your space exploration wet dreams true kiddies, this should be easy with thousands of them flying around in orbit (allegedly)
>>
>>79895940
Science is wool that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
>>
>>79895940
Nice cgi moit (mate said in a funny way)
>moit isn't funny
>>
>>79910912
It was taken by El-Ron Hubble. Naturally it was peer-reviewed before it was published.
>>
File: cWI7c.jpg (81 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
cWI7c.jpg
81 KB, 666x1000
>>79895940

So says the anon with no scientific evidence of this occurrence.
>>
File: image.png (115 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115 KB, 640x1136
>>79911145
For you.

9/10 for some of the most retarded bait I've ever seen. FYI, I've seen a boat disappear over the horizon.
>>
File: hologram.jpg (144 KB, 617x409) Image search: [Google]
hologram.jpg
144 KB, 617x409
>>79911453
for you

>1/10 shit tier shilling
>>
>>79911453
No you havent. According to you, the mississippi river flows upward for a total of four miles over its length
>PLANEt
Planet. Flatness
>>
just stopping in to say I don't believe in anything
not even you, 4chan
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x509
>>79911580

My leafy friend if you won't accept anecdotal or photographic evidence, even if it's what you've specifically requested, then there's no way to convince you. You've ruled out the alternative viewpoint a priori.

You're an idiot, is basically what I'm saying.
>>
>>79911751

Me neither, belief is for suckers. I used to believe the Earth as a globe, now I know it to be a motionless flat plane.
>>
>>79895940
Because science is gay
>>
>>79897015
>>79899003
>>79900218
t. pop sci """intellectuals"""
>>
>>79911751
Wow somebody who makes sense
>the sun is 9 million miles away and is a nuclear furnace
>the moon doesn't produce its own light
Nope
>>
>>79911789

>anecdotal
Not accepted by anyone intelligent

> photographic evidence

is not what you provided
>>
>>79911690
No friend, the distance from where the water flows to the center of the earth decreases continuously along the length of the river. I have seen it. I live on a freaking island. I would take a video of a cruise ship doing it if it wasn't midnight.
>>
>>79911789

This definition makes our count much less because it includes only spacecraft and not debris that orbits the Earth. The Goddard Space Flight Center's lists 2,271 satellites currently in orbit. Russia has the most satellites currently in orbit, with 1,324 satellites, followed by the U.S. with 658.

supposed to be 2000+ of them in orbit and all the shills can ever muster is horrid quality images of what we're supposed to believe is the ISS
>>
>>79912013
It will never disappear. I would do it myself and pay a pretty penny if i could magnify across the ocean which i might be able to and still show you a speck bud. This has been proven. Coriolis is fake
>>
>>79911902
But that's a photo of the ISS theough a telescope love.

Satellites that come equipped with photographic capabilities don't tend to waste their time taking photos of other satellites. Is that your gripe?
>>
>>79912116
Three heavens. Atmosphere. Space. And Heaven. All this shit that science jabbers on and lies about are on pupose and are fake. And lies. For reasons.
>>
>>79912116
"I've seen it"
"No you havent"

Well friend not much I can say about that is there.
>>
>>79912160
see >>79912018

Nasa's own website doesn't even have pictures of the ISS or real satellites.
>>
>>79895940
We're at a tipping point where shit that would seem incredible or pure fantasy decades ago is becoming possible and it's kinda spooky to realize we cannot ignore the larger universe and reality outside of our cushy lives.

>>79896149
>An increase in leaves doing what leaves do.
>>
>>79912284

If the best proof you can muster is "I saw it"

You're no more to be believed than sasquatch witnesses
>>
>>79895940
There's more of an increase in scientism worshipers actually. Congrats on that my sheeple friend.
>>
>>79912284
Studied with formulas and a flagpole on a 5-10 mile long river in the 1800s. Do it anywhere. It doesn't exist. Your magnification is too weak in the middle of the ocean so you merely claim it went bye bye
>>
>>79896149
Canada wins this one.
>>
File: 1467402652614.png (199 KB, 441x584) Image search: [Google]
1467402652614.png
199 KB, 441x584
>>79895940
I believe in math but am skeptical at science. These are two different studies but one is a constant while the other changes. Stop acting superior op, you are just a faggot swallowing load after load of daily bullshit without giving anything any thought. Your God is science and the government keeps it funded.
>>
>>79896149
Implying this shit is fake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLQkG64IKU

Questioning things is good but cmon guys theres a limit to this.
>>
I can track the ISS and many other satellites and look at them with my own eyes, either with the naked eye or with a telescope.

You can do basic experiments with the alignment of stars and planets and over the course of some weeks, you can make your own good maps.

Stop this silly meme. It's silly.
>>
>>79912641
>Maths is constant
Kek
>>
>>79912360
Have we forgotten about the water cycle and the obliqueness of the earth? Purely hypothetical, but valid nonetheless until I see it proved otherwise.

Also, have this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoperimetric_inequality#The_isoperimetric_inequality
>>
>>79908069
>make them skeptical of all education and science
this is a good thing you retard
>>
>>79896149
I was born in time to see a leaf be based
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.