[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has the pound fallen 17% in the last 7-8 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I am talking about a fall British Pound vs. the Euro. I thought the Eurozone is dead as per Nigel and Boris etc. If the Eurozone is dead, why is the Pound not rising massively? Especially considering the massive QE which is used by Mario Draghi to prop up the Eurozone economy... which should actually dilute the value of the Euro.
>>
>>79849262
Just wait until Deutsche Bank is forced into bankruptcy.
>>
Cause you can buy German exports with Euros.
>>
>>79849332
>Just wait until Deutsche Bank is forced into bankruptcy.
And what does this have to do with the Pound falling in the last 7-8 months? If Deutsche Bank, the largest private German bank, goes bankrupt or is close to bankrupty, shouldn't this be reflected in the value of the Euro already?
>>
>>79849262
It is because facts and /pol/ are polar opposites.
>>
>>79849447
Nothing, the real shit storm will come once the article 50 is triggered. Good thing is that I exchanged my saving to gold a months before the Brexit happened.
>>
The £ has been said for a long time to be overvalued. As are most currencies. The £ will stabalise but hopefully it will stabalose at a more realistic point to it's real value.

This will create a wider economic stability in the coming years.
>>
>>79850022
This, also the price of houses will go down.
>>
>>79849995
>Nothing, the real shit storm will come once the article 50 is triggered.
Only if the plan presented by Theresa May going into the negotiations is unrealistic or means an exit from the single market.

>>79849995
>Good thing is that I exchanged my saving to gold a months before the Brexit happened.
Honestly, that was very wise. I would, however, start to pull some of it out and put it into a diversified investment fund with companies with Yen, Euro, Pound, Swiss Franc, Dollar etc. exposure.

Look at the FTSE 100, it does great due to the pound's decline.
>>
>>79850022
How can the Pound be overvalued... against the Euro, considering Brexiteers are saying the Euro is dead and everyone knows it is a failed project?
>>
>>79850113
>This, also the price of houses will go down.

If house prices fall sharply (there are signs that in London the bubble is deflating fast), then also building projects fall, because companies, which have budgets for certain projects, don't believe they get the expected return on investments any more. That, in turn, will lead to a further shortening of available housing, especially for lower middle class families.
>>
Farage is right though, the Eurozone has massive structural issues. A shared currency between countries with vastly different economic policy just doesn't work out in the long run.

Southern european economy is suffering from bad exchange rates. Without the Euro they wouldn't be able to take the amounts of debts that created the debt crisis.

Greece can't be saved without getting bankrupt and leaving the Euro, same is probably true for Portugal. The next crisis is basically guaranteed, and every time the people will be less likely to pay for others debts.
>>
>>79849262
The pound is under attack. People are flooding the market with pounds.
>>
>>79849262
Because banks don't want to loan out money. The big banks can now get money from the ECB at an (almost) negative interest rate, which basically means free money. They are not being pursuaded to loan out money which causes the euro to stagnate instead of the wanted inflation.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.