[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Propecia the red pill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Untitle8976y89d.jpg (5 KB, 122x148) Image search: [Google]
Untitle8976y89d.jpg
5 KB, 122x148
>>
sure. take it rectally for best results.
>>
>>79824019
>sure. take it rectally for best results.

Did you do this desu?
>>
>>79823905
Getting bitch tits,erectile dysfunction, and brain fog is now considered "red pilled". Shave your head and stop being such a beta cuck.
>>
File: 6sX2HfU.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
6sX2HfU.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
>>79825812

The side effects only happen in a few percent of people desu?

Also, during the study even the Placebo caused these dysfunctions in a couple percent of people?

It seems pretty cozy to me desu. Have you tried it?
>>
>>79826223
The percentage is way higher than just a few percent (more like around 8-12%). Overall though you're right, the majority will not experience these side effects. But think of it this way, are you really willing to take that risk? Its basically playing Russian Roulette with your hormone and some the effects can not be reversed. It's up to you. I've personally never used it but did try minoxidil a few years back and regrew a ton of hair. The effects only lasted for about a year though and then started balding again. So far Replicel seems to be the only saving grace for hair loss, but until thats released just shave your head.
>>
>>79827053

Did you not take any breaks with the Minoxidil? Used it day and night?

Do you think it stopped working because of DHT accumulation?
>>
>>79827053

Just googled Replicel also, looks pretty good.

As far as I understand it, they are cloning hair follicles and then transplanting them? (Like a hair transplant where they take individual hairs from the back, but rather cloning the follicles so they don't have to remove hairs from the back).

It does look promising, I mean if you think about it, they can clone whole animals. You would thinking cloning hair should be pretty possible, and there are massive financial incentives to do so.
>>
>>79827241
>>79827361
Yes I used the minoxidil day and night, it probably stopped working because dht accumulation. And as far as I understand Replicel is basically
hair cloning. I'm still not sure about how well it will work on somebody who is at a high norwood level but I guess th public will fine out eventually.
>>
>>79828097

Wells fingers crossed from my side also. If it is anything like a hair transplant (individual follicle not skin graft) I think it should work even on someone with a completely shiny head.
>>
>>79826223
it fucked me up so bad I had to drop out of college, I'm back to my normal self now and luckily I was only pursuing a meaningless liberal arts meme degree, but stay away
>>
>>79828683

What dose were you taking? Could it have been a placebo effect? Could you have had unrelated issues linked to depression etc?
>>
>>79828683
Yeah, this is what I keep telling people. It's not just the risk of it in the short term but the long term as well. Even if you don't experience any side effects for years and years it has to catch up to you eventually. Your hormones are not something that should be messed with unless you absolutely have to. This is part of the reason why so many trannies commit suicide. But that's another story altogether.
>>
>>79829292
>This is part of the reason why so many trannies commit suicide.

Come on now, don't you think the main reason trannies kill themselves is because they have removed their dick irreversibly and they realize it was a mistake?
>>
>>79829292
>it has to catch up to you eventually.

Also don't a lot of people get through using propecia for decades even and are fine?
>>
Propecia user here.

I've had 0 side effects. No tits, fog or ED. Obviously it's not for everyone and even the generic brand costs me 50 bucks a month but when it starts going at 25 you get desperate.

I can say that after 8 months some of it has come back but the main thing is it hasn't gotten worse and I can cover the bad bits up with a little toppik.

It does stop working as well by year 5 but when I'm 30 I doubt I'll care as much and will just go brushcut or cue ball.

And fyi it only really works for the crown, not the hairline.
>>
>>79829899

Thanks for reply.

Why you say only 5 year? I saw on some forums guys saying they used it for 10 even getting on for 20 years and it was fine.

I think the length it works for is most related to how aggressive the hair loss is.

Also, do you use any other products such as Minoxidil? What shampoo? Nizoral?
>>
>>79829899
>And fyi it only really works for the crown, not the hairline.

I think this mostly just to be a disclaimer. The crown is the easiest part to prevent baldness, the hairline is more difficult. They play it safe by saying it just solves the crown, but it does do some good for the hairline.
>>
>>79830247
My dermatologist mentioned that on average the effects dissapate after 5 years. I don't use minox as I didn't want to become dependent on that as well (plus the shed and additional cost) but I do use nizoral shampoo once every three days.
>>
>/pol/ - hairloss support
>>
>>79830371

I saw some guys on a forum upped their dose when it became less effective, even after 12 years or so with one guy and it continued to work. So perhaps it becomes less effective because you need something more powerful to suppress it?

And yeah minox seems like more of a hassle, just taking 1 pill a day is cozy. Still Minox does look pretty good.

What do you think of Nizoral? I will prob some too.
>>
File: 1458167033595.jpg (46 KB, 480x690) Image search: [Google]
1458167033595.jpg
46 KB, 480x690
>>79830516

We gotta have each others back desu.
>>
>>79829354
>>79829561
I said part of the reason, not the main one. Getting your dick chopped off probably doesn't help things either though. There's lots of contributing factors involved. As far as taking propecia for decades I wouldnt doubt that some guys end up being perfectly fine. Everybody is different, but like I said earlier just take the risks into consideration.
>>
>>79830691
Minox for me is an issue as well because in canuckistan the only (((reasonably))) priced type is the liquid which is oily as shit and takes forever to dry (csnt use toppik with it either).

Nizoral isn't too expensive and you csn find it at any drug store or pharmacy. It's pretty much minoxidil light without the shedding and it helps reduce "the itch" you might get sometimes on your head if you know what I mean.

Don't use it more than once every 2-3 days though or it can cause irritation. Also you will never have dandruff problems again.
>>
>>79831112

Yeah don't get me wrong I do appreciate the warning, I will keep a look out for sides.
>>
>>79831289

Nice sounds good. I only wash my hair maybe twice a week anyway so sounds ideal.
>>
>>79829092
my balls aching every day, developing love handles and a softer, numb-feeling ass were definitely not the result of a placebo effect, I'm inclined to think the constant brain fog and inability to verbally articulate my thoughts weren't placebo either.

I knew there were risks of side effects but I thought they were all sexual, I had no knowledge of any risk of physical or mental side effects, so it seems unlikely to me that I would get the same effects so many other people have described due to a placebo effect, without having any prior knowledge of those effects.

I'm back to my normal self now, but it took a year to recover after being on Fin for a year.

there is a topical anti-androgen I'm taking, which hasn't been FDA approved yet, but has been shown in studies to work, called RU58841. I started taking it in combination with Minoxidil as soon as I stopped FIN and one year later I haven't lost any more hair. As to whether it works or if my hair loss has just slowed/stopped on its own I have no idea.
>>
>>79832128
Most drugs that radically alter your body are like that. those are some pretty shitty side effects, reminds me of when I went on accutane as a teenager.
>>
>>79832128
>called RU58841. I started taking it in combination with Minoxidil as soon as I stopped FIN and one year later I haven't lost any more hair. As to whether it works or if my hair loss has just slowed/stopped on its own I have no idea.

Nice I will look into it. If there were some way to get the scalp to block DHT without having to mess around with the entire body that would be brilliant.
>>
>>79832363
>accutane

Is that for acne? There's this guy on youtube who said that his teenage acne medication caused his mpb to start early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VB4j1AGlvI

he has more current videos also. he is off propecia but uses minox etc
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.