[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Job Corps help end the NEET epidemic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Job-Corps.jpg (156 KB, 436x500) Image search: [Google]
Job-Corps.jpg
156 KB, 436x500
Will Job Corps help end the NEET epidemic?
>>
I signed up 5 days ago and was already offered a $50k job from the government. Apparently, they are handing out awesome jobs at the start to get some good PR.

They asked me if I was open to being interviewed by the media.
>>
You know it's funny you bring JobCorps to our attention.

The fact that this place exists means that NOBODY has an excuse to not have an education.

This place literally trains you in a trade for free and gives you a place to sleep.
>>
>>79675565
Wrong. The age limit is 26.
>>
>>79675522
Elaborate if possible.
>>
>>79676034
If you waited that long to get an education you should neck yourself
>>
>>79676838
kek in this day and age I'd say it's more common than you'd think.
>>
I went to Job Corps, graduated 14 month later.
It was/mostly still is run by USDA Forest Service. They are all ex-military and will open a file on you that will be passed to the FBI. You will be under continuous surveillance.
The staff controls drugs. Any time you go into town on a clothing run or weekend pass, people will approach you and try to sell you dope, those people are usually cronies with staff. You will be searched when you return. There will be other corpsmembers who have a deal with staff to sell to you.
The staff use other corpsmembers to enforce their will upon you if you don't do what your told. When I went, there were lots of ex-cons and probationed gang members from Aryan Brotherhood, Crips and weird Native American groups. They know how to use these people against you.
Violence is a normal condition you will deal with every day, but is is mostly light, I never saw anyone go to the hospital. You'll get beat up a few times.
Stay clean, don't waste your money on clothing runs, they just take it from your end payout anyway. Anything nice will probably be stolen from you.
The average person lasts 3 weeks before they bail.
Do not have sex with anyone you meet in Job Corps, usually the gender balance is 4 to 1 male to female if that. Skank women will have their pick of guys. Any women who goes to JC is a loser, who will get pregnant instantly, and wants to live on welfare/your money.
-Freak
>>
>>79679767
Thanks freak
>>
>>79679767
>Any time you go to town for a clothing run, people will come up to you and try to sell you dope, these people are usually cronies with the staff

Good thing I'm not a drug user and never will be
>>
>>79675135
>send neets into a facility full of bloods,crips and gds
Ok mate. Job corps is a inefficient and a fucking corrupt mess. They have no money anymore (well at least my center doesn't anymore), most of the buildings here are from the 40s and most of the staff are incompetent.

Ask me all you want, I'm stuck in a damn Cornfield right now at a job corps center with over 85% black population.
>>
>>79680641
>Ask me all you want, I'm stuck in a damn Cornfield right now at a job corps center with over 85% black population.

What made you go into it?
>>
>>79680702
The just the experience of what being culturally enriched would be like. I heard my dad talk about coons and I wanted to see what he meant by it. Also job placement and free cdl is noice too for my trade. But prepare to have yourself tested. The last 5 months I've been here have tested me everyday until I got into my workbase training. But holy fuck there are actually people here at a 2ND grade reading and math level here and they think I'm a genius and shit.
>>
>>79681042
>But holy fuck there are actually people here at a 2ND grade reading and math level here and they think I'm a genius and shit.

kek.

Curious now, what field did you decide to go into?
>>
>>79681563
Electrical
I finished 50% of my trade in electrical in two months. My instructor is bro tier as fuck master electrican. But other than that my class is full of dumbass coons who have issues setting up switches and consents. And because I'm not incompetent they pretty much think of me as the instructor when he is in his office. Shits funny as fuck.
>>
>>79681993
lel you strike me as an averagefag. No offense at all.

But that's funny, so by the sounds of it you'll be at a greater advantage than the dumb dindus.
>>
>>79681993
So let me get this straight, you're getting a free education in a trade that will put you in the same yearly salary range as a person with a college degree???
>>
>>79682112
I know I'm average, or at least I try to think I am. Most of the dindus don't know how to talk and only the folk who can speak here can get jobs. I don't understand how fucking stupid people here are. Not to mention that shit like girls hoeing themselves out for hot pockets. Shits funny as fuck.
>>
>>79682248
Well if you do first trade and no advanced you get hooked up with anything from 15-25 dollars a hour. Now on the other hand they will hook you up with TCU and advanced trades you can go make good money doing. I'm going to overhead lineman and most leave that trade making 45k/yr as a first year apprentice. But think of job corps like those fucking chalky Flintstones. It's fucking shitty being here but it's good for you if youre not a autist.
>>
>>79682661
Good luck to you buddy, my friend went for welding and went to an advance program for pipe welding. Now he makes upwards of 90k a year.

It's a fantastic program that people are too stupid to take advantage of.
>>
>>79675565

Few people who graduate (less than 20%) get a job in the trade they select. About half of Job Corps attendees will go on to prison or the military. It's excellent prep for both. That's where that record I mentioned will come up again.

The biggest difficulty is getting along with stupid to psychotic peers, that you are around all the time.

I just mostly stayed in my room and read books, did art, guitar with a buddy or two.
>>
>>79679767
>>79683611

Do you think your time there was well spent?
>>
I went to Jobcorps, it was ok. I'm working as a HVAC tech and make 47k a year. I enjoy my life and feel breddy gud
>>
>>79684371
>Hvac
How does it feel that anyone with half a iq point can do your trade. Shit is mad easy. But then agian I don't fuck with three phase industrial shit yet. But fuck it's easier than what I've been doing. Did you go to a small or a huge center mate?
>>
>>79684541
>How does it feel that anyone with half a iq point can do your trade.

nigga cash is cash
>>
>>79684768
>Tfw you will never charge people $300 dollars to change capacitors
I got you mate, making that bank taking advantage of stupid dumb boomer scum.
>>
>>79685053
>I got you mate, making that bank taking advantage of stupid dumb boomer scum.

What's your field my man?
>>
>>79685053
So it is nigger training then. Cause it seems like you just came out of it enjoying ripping people off and being a piece of shit. Nice life you sad sack. This is why you blue collar fucks get zero respect. You bite the hand that feeds you like a feral nog.
>>
>>79685531
It's not my fault people are such lazy fuckers that refuse to learn to fix things themselves. Can you blame mechanics for charging the average goy for an oil change?

People choose the easy way out 99% of the time.
>>
>>79685491
Electrical, going to overhead lineman in a bit.
>>79685531
If you have to call a ac guy for anything other than replacing and charging condenser you deserve every dollar they rip you off.
>>
>>79685933
So you went through the job corps or did you do general uni?
>>
File: 1466904260378.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466904260378.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>79675135
Just looked online.
>Non disabled
go fuck your self.
>Disabled
We got you senpai.
>>
>>79686535
Job corps hombre. Still stuck in this prison bruv.
>>
>>79686723
How many dindus did you have to ward off?
>>
>>79686882
At least 4 a day. Shit is annoying.
>>
The San Diego campus has nigs but they stick to themselves. The Mexicans keep them in check
>>
>>79686964
Do you know how they wound up? Sounds like you made it through fine, as for them I'm not so sure.
>>
>>79688022
Most blacks don't finish. Just stay in your room if you don't want to deal with them.
>>
>>79688022
Most of them get sent home and go back to smoking weed and gangbanging. I know I'll make it. But who knows you might hear of a madman in Kentucky wearing a moonman mask removing dindus.
>>
>>79688344
Dem dubs check out. Moonman Job Corps when?
>>
>>79688344
Dude I watch out for my fellow /pol/acks and let me just say that it's best to not say things like that anymore. I get the joke, but we're being surveyed by agencies and they're looking for a reason to start shit.

Just looking out for you m8
>>
>>79688865
Did you go too Shiro Poster?
>>
>>79689245
No, but I know people who have. They're better off than before.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.