[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the two people who came up with the term "Redpill"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: bluepilled directors.jpg (382 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
bluepilled directors.jpg
382 KB, 1500x1000
Explain this one, /pol/.
>>
>>79382491
They took the blue pill.
>>
redpill/bluepill is a metaphor.
the concept of either living in a bubble or seeing reality for what it is, is one of the most profound philosophical matters.
>>
Obviously they succumbed to mental illness. Stop asking stupid questions.
>>
File: there is no steak.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
there is no steak.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
>>79382549
After literally creating the term "Redpill"?

>>79382625
So they chose to live in the bubble? Is Cypher their self-insert?
>>
>>79382491
It's from a P. K. Dick novel you idiot
>>
The term redpill (or bluepill) is NOT from the Matrix.
>>
File: 1441164618868.gif (991 KB, 250x271) Image search: [Google]
1441164618868.gif
991 KB, 250x271
Holy shit those two dudes make ugly bitches.
>>
>>79382491
>create a fictional story
>create a powerful metaphor
>metaphor gets used by endless amounts of groups and societies to push their own agendas, from christians to MRAs to feminists to gun owners
>"hey guys how come these guys don't follow our agenda since they made the metaphor we use???"

I dunno dumbass.

How you tried thinking first?
>>
File: neo flying 2.gif (758 KB, 160x105) Image search: [Google]
neo flying 2.gif
758 KB, 160x105
>>79382680
>>79382736
where did it come from then if not the scene in the Matrix where Morpheus offers him the two pills? Keep in mind it has to be before Easter 1999 since that's when Matrix first dropped.
>>
>>79382680
also there's no PK Dick novel with the term Redpill
>>
>>79382491
>Implying that the analogy originates from the matrix
>implying that the analogy is wrong because the people who made a version of it are now mentally ill

>>79382841
it originated from Douglas Hofstadter's 1979 book Gödel, Escher, Bach in the form of red and blue (although it was a phial in his book)
There's also the analogy of the rabbit hole in Alice in wonderland.
It's all the same concept, just different words.
>>
>>79382999
Damn, I actually read Hofstadter's book and didn't realize he used it there. But yeah the rabbit hole part is obv from Wonderland they even state it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.