[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is people not believing in climate change real? I thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: glacier_large.jpg (123 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
glacier_large.jpg
123 KB, 640x425
Is people not believing in climate change real? I thought it was only reserved for a small group of nutjobs, like those who don't believe in evolution.

For gods sake, you have first-hand evidence seasons are shifting and temperatures are changing, how can you just ignore all that and say it's not real??
>>
>>79276319
It's real but greatly exaggerated and could easily be solved by switching to fission as a predominant power source. But that won't happen because muh Chernobyl
>>
>>79276436
>greatly exaggerated

For something that can rape civilization if left unchecked, isn't it good to exaggerate it and try to get it solved before it can, even if that's going to be at a later time than we say it will?
>>
Nice strawman logic. Climate change is real and basically everyone agrees on this (as you can see that from temperature trends, etc.), it's just up for debate wether it's caused by humans (emissions) or not.

There are still also questions like: why is only the north pole melting, while the south pole is increasing? Really makes you think...
>>
If you even think about climate change being real then you will be derided as a leftist by the right and your political career will be over.

You're only allowed to hold the extreme opposite opinion of your opponents in today's political world.
>>
>>79276645
Hot air rises :^)
>>
there are glaciers that magically expand for a year or two and then retreat and stay that way for 50 - 100 years
>>
File: milankovitch-theory-26-638.jpg (52 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
milankovitch-theory-26-638.jpg
52 KB, 638x479
>>79276319

It's real but not man-made
>>
File: 1464019735243.jpg (14 KB, 170x254) Image search: [Google]
1464019735243.jpg
14 KB, 170x254
>>79276692
hahaha, nice.
>>
File: Skibity-scoobity Right On Man.jpg (60 KB, 605x687) Image search: [Google]
Skibity-scoobity Right On Man.jpg
60 KB, 605x687
>>79276692
>>
>>79276319
Ah, but you see, yesterday was hotter than today, thus there is no global warming.
>>
>>79276436
muh fukushima

u fkn turd
>>
>>79276319
Just gonna put this out there. Ocean acidification is a bigger problem than the temperature shift.
>>
I dunno, the jury is still out on it all. There's evidence to be seen for both sides of the argument.

On the other hand, attempts to stop climate change align with my opinion that we should be less reliant on oil, so there's that. Even if we're not screwing the atmosphere, we'd still be better off in other ways if we could just figure out faster battery recharge times or cheaper hydroelectric catalysts for electric or hydrogen cars respectively.
>>
>>79276319

Do people honestly think I give a fuck if the climate changes or that it's important to me at all?
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 255x198
Of course everyone believes in climate change.

The causes, and what should be done about are up for debate though.
>>
>>79276319
Of course it's real, there's people who genuinely believe Clinton will be a good president and the EU is a force for good

Climate change exists, but our impact is massively exaggerated as this allows oil companies and their government pets to pour monumental amounts of money into alternative energy sources in an attempt to monopolise the energy industry further. Also uniting society in favour of a hypothetical major issue benefits the globalists. As usual it's a ploy by the elites to gain more control over the plebs.
>>
>>79276319

Haven't seasons shifted and temperatures changed all throughout history? What exactly is the effect of the end of the latest little ice age in all of this? Anyway I am yet to find someone who claims climate change is a hoax while simultaneously claiming that our current oil dependency is a good thing and that we shouldn't try to go as clean as possible.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.