[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the opium wars So far all I've read is "evul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: opioum.png (322 KB, 422x305) Image search: [Google]
opioum.png
322 KB, 422x305
Redpill me on the opium wars

So far all I've read is "evul Europeans pushing drugs on the Chinese (who dindu nuffin) because of greed, the Chinese tried to save their people and then they got attacked by a goverment who supported pushing tons of drugs for money"

Is this true?
>>
>>79214511
That's kinda that
But who gives a shit about the chinese anyway
>>
>>79214511
bump
>>
>>79214511
Domination, by any means available.
>>
>>79214511
Hey Chile, is there room for me in your country?
>>
>>79214511
The chinks time and time again refused to trade with Europeans, particularly tea, and we were having none of that
>>
>give somebody drugs
>Its somehow your fault they took them and got addicted
>>
>>79214511
I thought it was England fighting because they WANTED the opium that the Chinese had?
>>
>>79215234
Me too. Are we both from the same Berenstein bears universe?
>>
>>79215082
How is that a justification for pushing drugs and declaring war?

>Sell me your car
>sorry I don't want to do businesses with you
>YOU REFUSE TO TRADE WITH ME? ILL SHOOT YOU

Doesn't make sense
>>
>>79214511
Brits open trade with China, everybody happy, for a while. Brits get chinese manufactures and tea, china get British sterling silver currency in exchange.

After a while, British start to run out of currency, because when you run a negative trade deficit for extended period, only a matter of time before you go broke.

China no want to open its domestic market to Brit goods, Brit public no want to stop trading with China because they like the tea, silk and what have you. Brit government in a bind, so since they can't get either side to voluntarily change trade habits to correct the imbalance and ensure Brit government stays on its feet, they get aggressive and make war on China to open up their markets to a product Brits have a surplus of, opium from their Far East colonies.

Result is that the trade imbalance is corrected and Britain continues to function as a colonial empire, but the Chinese underclass suffers as a result.
>>
>>79215856

the chinese are sub humans who need a strong hand to guide them. without firm discipline from a superior they are either irrelevant or destroy themselves
>>
No, you are all retarded. It was the jew Vidal Sassoon that were kicked out of Bagdad. He then went to Shanghai (i think) and became lord of opium. Something like that.
>>
>>79216681
/thread
>>
>>79214511
British belligerence absolutely BTFO Qing dynasty. Why? Because they could. Because they knew and believed they were superior.
>>
>>79215856
>Getting in the way of the British and tea

The end result was always going to be war
>>
>>79214511
The Chinese normally fucking love to trade and make money, that's what they're best at, making money. But at the time, China was ruled by a barbarian race called the Manchurians who thought they were hot shit and refused to trade with big-nosed whitey. So, whitey beat them to a pulp.
>>
>>79217398
They've been doing fine for most of the last 4000+ years, what makes you say that? You trying to compare them to niggers? Kek.
>>
Do we know anything about ethnic background and its relation to opiate tolerance? Are there people in certain parts of the world that are more likely to become addicted than others? Opiates make me sick and I know I'm not in a small minority, if it's a minority at all.
>>
>>79215138
This applies to everything but opiates. And by that I mean, you're technically right, but the nature of the addiction prevents someone from basing their decisions on logic until they hit rock bottom, and most of them don't bounce back. They're like zombies.
>>
>>79222971

you mean stagnate and get blown the fuck out by a real super power that finally bothers to show up?
>>
>>79223497
Ironic since now England is a little bitch begging for China's money and investment. Their people know it too, and resent it greatly. Funny how the world knows.
>>
>>79214511
>Is this true?
Yes, more or less.
>>
>>79216681
I've been having negative trade deficit with the local super market for 29 years.

Why am I not broke yet?

Also,

>spotted the protecionist
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.