[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /pol/'s opinion on panhandling? Helping the less
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: panhandler.jpg (23 KB, 640x474) Image search: [Google]
panhandler.jpg
23 KB, 640x474
What is /pol/'s opinion on panhandling?
Helping the less fortunate?
Enabling addicts/criminals?
Giving free money to lazy people?
>>
>>79200016
Cigs drugs and alcohol, I have seen some of them turn around and say no to food or even throw away food that is given to them.
>>
Depends, I live where it snows and has shitty winters so nearing or during those times I wouldnt mind helping them out. Even booze would keep them warm.
>>
>>79200016
Is that Thunderf00t?
>>
In the US?

They have too many options to get free money from the government the chances are that they're actually in need of my money is slim.
>>
>>79200016
>What is /pol/'s opinion on panhandling?

"Whatsoever you did not do for the least of these, you did not for me." - Jesus Christ
>>
>>79200016
I can't in good conscience reward failure
>>
>free money to lazy people

It's mostly this. Panhandlers make more than $20 an hour and most of them don't even verbally solicit, they just sit somewhere with a sign.

There was a news item back when I was in college that over half the panhandlers in the city were actually college students who had apartments and money, but just wanted free extra cash for beer and restaurants.

There are already shelters and welfare programs in place, and there is simply no need to give anyone on the street money for nothing.

I can see a difference with a musician or artist offering music/drawings on the street for money, though.
>>
>>79200016
>panhandling
I see no problem with it so long as they aren't aggressive.
>helping the less fortunate
If you have the time and money, go for it.
>enabling addicts/criminals
I wouldn't myself, and I would advise people against it. Giving food is smart.
>Giving free money to lazy people
I don't, and would advise people against it.
>>
>>79201969
Brexit was not kind to him.
>>
Used to work in a liquor store in a shitty area.

Lots of these guys would come straight to me after begging for $8 or whatever the cheapest mickey of vodka was. Or they'd buy these cans of $2 510ml energydrink/vodkas.

The homeless problem is twofold: addiction and mental illness. Women with these problems get taken into shelters easily, but men do not. You can line up all day as a man but if enough women show up they can even kick you out of your bed in the middle of the night to make room for them.

imo homeless should be rounded up and put in jail. Shelter, food and water and quite frankly come winter most of them will find themselves there anyway.
>>
I'm not exactly rolling in money myself. And I try to avoid heroin addicts and legitimately insane people, the chances of finding a homeless person that aren't one of those things is too low.

To just say you hate people who have nothing, because they have nothing is fucking cruel though.
>>
it's bullshit, but it's bullshit you better get used to.
>>
>>79200016
If they are truly repentant and want to find God then I will gladly help them
>>
Many people lie about being poor in order to get free money. Panhandlers in major cities/busy intersections can easily make $200+ daily, sometimes more
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.