[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Delaware, D.C., Maryland, West Virginia, etc. really be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Us_south_census.png (16 KB, 566x365) Image search: [Google]
Us_south_census.png
16 KB, 566x365
Should Delaware, D.C., Maryland, West Virginia, etc. really be considered "southern", or is that just arbitrary bullshit?
>>
WV has an incest problems so that's a start.
>>
They're southern states. May not be deep south but they're still south.

t. Marylander
>>
>>79133551
That's racist.

You a want to pretend that southern crackers are the only ones fucking their families.

That's just not true. Vietnamese here, my mom gave me my first orgasm like most Asian boys.
>>
>>79133484
Mason Dixon Line
>>
>>79133484
wait, Arizona and New Mexico aren't 'southern'? How does that work, Americans?
>>
I'd say only WV should be.
>>
West Virginia exists solely because they didn't want to join the confederacy. They can't be considered southern
>>
>>79133484
If it's north of georgia it's not southern. Even georgia is pushing it.
>>
>>79133665
Southerners aren't a race
>>
>>79133801
We all know who we all are talking about be real
>>
>>79133699
They aren't white farmers who drink beer and watch Nascar & Football, in Arizona and New Mexico their culture is desert & beaner things
>>
>>79133697
this
>>
>>79133484
There are Southerners in Florida, but Florida is not a Southern state - not anymore.
>>
>>79133484
Anything north of Tennessee and west of Texas should not be considered the South.
>>
>>79133774
North Carolina feels southern as fuck
>>
>>79134172
You're east coast buddy.
>>
>>79134077
naw we need kentucky and wv. they are southern af.
>>
I've even heard some people on forums claim that PA and New York are Southern states, but they're either trolling or are fucking idiots
>>
>>79134620
And I've also heard people say NY is part of New England, but I can sort of see the connection there a bit.
>>
>>79133681
Yeah but Kentucky and W. Virginia both have rebel shit-kicker take no shit settler mentalities.
>>
>should the state that held the capital of the CSA be considered southern
>>
>>79135021
not anything within 100 miles of DC. the western end of the state is mountaineer southern inbred types tho.
>>
>>79135021
WEST Virginia didn't hold the capital of the Confederacy, that's Virginia
>>
>>79135974
Delmarva is basically more of a state than any of those three states individually, and it's definitely southern. Not sure about the rest of Maryland; southern MD is too rich and they tend to just pretend like they're southern, and the west (from Fredrick on) is more West Virginia than Virginia. And no, West Virginia isn't the south, the only reason the state even exists is because it decided it didn't want to be part of the south. They lost their south privileges. DC isn't south, DC is just DC.
>>
>>79138827
Didn't mean to reply to
>>79135974
>>
>>79133484
Below Mason Dixon line = southern
>>
>>79133699
They weren't states at the time of the civil war. Arizona wasn't a state until 1912.
>>
>>79138827
Very few people in Delaware think of Delmarva as a political or cultural entity. Perhaps a slight few in Sussex county.
>>
>>79134172

Depends on the area.

College towns, big metro areas, retirement areas, and military towns tend to be less "southern" while the rest of the state is.
>>
File: (´・ω・`).png (17 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
(´・ω・`).png
17 KB, 500x300
>>79133484
no one should be considered southern. were all one big country
>>
>>79133484
Maryland, Delaware, and DC have been incorporated into the northeast and are much less southern today. I think the eastern shore Maryland most retains its southern culture.

I can't speak for WV. It has a unique history.
>>
>>79133665
Was it hot? What did she do?
>>
>>79139926
I guess I'm speaking more about MD and VA. DE is its own thing but for eastern shore DE and MD we have more in common with Delmarva than we do with our state.
>>
>>79133697
>t. Maryland garbage person
Virginia is the absolute northmost you can be while being called Southern. Maryland and all it's niggers can fuck off to Maine or Canada or anywhere else.
>>
>>79141443
If you're on the eastern shore then I agree with you. It's interesting to me how different the eastern shore is from western MD, and I think most people know you guys get disrespected and neglected from the state.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.