[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deemed the most decorated olympian of his time. Tell me /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Michael Phelps.jpg (412 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Michael Phelps.jpg
412 KB, 1920x1080
Deemed the most decorated olympian of his time. Tell me /pol/ is there no greater specimen of white athleticism than this man?
>>
>>79129449
I can jog faster than he swims.
>>
File: grinch pepe.png (7 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
grinch pepe.png
7 KB, 500x500
>>79129449
Bruce Jenner
>>
>>79129854
Now do it in the water.
>>
>>79130122
for what purpose?
>>
>>79130122
I'm not a fish, I have legs for a reason.
If I need to traverse water I'm not going to shave my head, put a condom on my head and start swimming. I'll buy a motherfucking boat. And I can probably do it faster than this guy swims.
>>
>>79130215
The Argie was making a shitty comparison by comparing jogging to swimming. I'd like to see him out jog Phelps in his element.
>>
He's in the convo but I'd like to see a way to tangibly and accurately measure his athleticism with the likes of JJ Watt, Michael Neur, Mike Trout, and whomever else is considered the pinnacle of athleticism.
>>
>>79130591
One of the best ways he have for measuring raw athleticism is the NFL combine. It is mainly speed, strength, and explosive ability. Swimming is more of a skill that requires athleticism. Being the best athlete on earth won't make you the best swimmer. The NFL combine also doesn't really test for cardiovascular endurance IIRC.
We are not in the water a lot so being able to swim isn't very useful but being athletic helps with daily tasks such as moving stuff and common sports such as football basketball and socced
>>
>>79131106
Sure the combine is a reasonable way to measure athletic traits but I believe there may be a better way to do it.

I have no doubt that Phelps in his prime would be at the top of the class in all tests at the NFL combine relative to his measurements.
>>
>>79130380
What Phelps does isn't just a matter of speed but also endurance. Hell, Navy SEALs sure aren't fish but even they are expected to swim hundreds, even thousands of miles in order to insert to an area of operations, complete an objective or make an emergency exfiltration from behind enemy lines. Competitive swimming is a very good test of how humans can perform in an element that is not biologically tailored to our physiology.
>>
>Dated a tranny
>specimen of white athleticism

pick one
>>
File: show me the dd 214.png (2 MB, 1374x1079) Image search: [Google]
show me the dd 214.png
2 MB, 1374x1079
>>79131487
>Hell, Navy SEALs sure aren't fish but even they are expected to swim hundreds, even thousands of miles
>miles
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>79131937
>What is accumulative training?
I never said I was a SEAL, I do appreciate their culture as a wannabe though.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 666x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 666x500
>>79129449
He was dating a transgender "woman" not too long ago. Degenerate
>>
his fiance looks kinda busted, no offense

he could do better
>>
File: jsr2Urn.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jsr2Urn.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
>>79132123
Nigger nobody is swimming a thousand miles to an insertion. Nobody is swimming a hundred miles to an insertion. Professional swimmers try to swim from Cuba to Florida all the time. It is 95 miles. Few make it. They definitely don't perform any tactical operations after making that swim either. I assume you meant they swim a total of all those miles during their training but you are too stupid to properly word a sentence.
>>
>>79131487
And genetics. The best swimmers are tall, lanky with very long arms. And the usual indomitable will to win.
>>
Roger Federer is incredible.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.