[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are SOFTWARE companies CUCKS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: girlswhocode.png (55 KB, 652x291) Image search: [Google]
girlswhocode.png
55 KB, 652x291
Why does it seem like every other software company is dying to hire unqualified diversity hires? Everyone who has ever worked with one of these diversity hires knows how bad an idea this is. So why do they all do it - and keep doing it?

Pic very related
>>
Probably because so many tech companies are located in cuckifornia
>>
>>79128589
Pussy whipped men in charge. Also HR mandating diversity or face a hefty discrimination lawsuit from ACLU or other civil liberties group. Employers choose to hire the most competent 'diverse' candidate to avoid being sued to oblivion.
>>
>>79128589
It's a high publicity and progressive industry. They do this shit because they'll get blacklisted on the spot if anyone calls them non-leftist in any way.
>>
>>79129652
But other companies outside tech companies dont do diversity hiring this much
>>
>>79128589
Women view programming as a cushy job, so they demand representation in it. Of course programming is a lot of thankless and drudge work so they get handed hamster wheel assignments that further validate their skewed view of the profession.
>>
>>79129941
You expect women to do coal mining just like men? You fucking misogynistic piece of patriarchal shit.
>>
>>79130154
I work with one and she can't code. At all. Like, she just does diagrams all day. Not UML diagrams which might be useful, those are too hard for her. At the first sign of any difficulty, im expected to walk to her building to debug her code.
>>
File: nods respectfully.gif (1 MB, 600x678) Image search: [Google]
nods respectfully.gif
1 MB, 600x678
>>79128589
Programmers are often hardcore white knights. I work in database administration so I have known a lot of them and while they are usually pretty cool they can get extremely cringeworthy when it comes to women.
>>
File: cancer.png (412 KB, 489x604) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
412 KB, 489x604
>>79128589
>SO EXCITED 4 THE HACKATHON!
>HEHE IM SUCH A NERDY COMPUTER GIRL
This shit truly is cancer. I don't work in the CS industry, but women need to stay the fuck out of it.
>>
>>79130937
What state are you in?
>>
File: washington pepe.png (262 KB, 2000x1190) Image search: [Google]
washington pepe.png
262 KB, 2000x1190
>>79131237
Washington State.
>>
>>79128589

Software companies are mostly asian, white, and male (gays are probably over-represented), so they need to suck up to the leftists so they don't face discrimination lawsuits.

So far it seems to be working.
>>
File: The patriarchy.png (595 KB, 674x7920) Image search: [Google]
The patriarchy.png
595 KB, 674x7920
>>79129941
Well it all depends what sector of work we're talking about. Speaking on anecdotal experience here but better paying jobs that don't require physical strength/endurance or a minimal amount will attract more females comparatively to more physically demanding jobs. Individuals that don't fit the narrative had to create a narrative to land themselves good jobs for minimal effort. Employers have been stripped away the ability to truly hire the most qualified candidates for jobs because of the civil liberties movement and is enforced from by law or face financial repercussions. Some well paying jobs from mining in my town have a minimum weight restriction to apply for safety reasons so they can avoid this in some regards.
>>
File: social network.jpg (205 KB, 1080x1600) Image search: [Google]
social network.jpg
205 KB, 1080x1600
>>79130154
This. I blame this shit movie for all of it. So many women see this and think that programming is just so easy and exciting when it is actually pretty mind numbing most of the time (and when it is not it is often more stressful than fun.)
>>
That's why software companies are moving to third world countries like Estonia and Argentina
>>
>>79131857
never heard of any company relocating to estonia or argentina. alot seem to move to texas though.
>>
>>79131857
Ibm moves shit to india alot
>>
>>79131857
>What is cheap labor?

It has nothing to do with how cucked anyone is or isn't.
>>
>>79130154
Got any stories?
>>
>>79131235
I don't think I'll sexualize the female body for at least a week after seeing that.
>>
>>79128589
Just short their stocks
>>
>>79133414
This. Companies only go full SJW when they are bleeding money (see Twitter.)
>>
It depends. On a university campus STEM courses (from my 5 years of exp on 2 campuses), are about 90% guys. I can remember at least 3 semesters where there wasn't a single female in any of my classes.

From my experience interning at Brookhaven labs, most research teams have little to no females, and very few female interns.

I think for the sake of making their firms not completely literal sausagefests, they choose to hire some women. I can't say I blame them for trying to snap up the few woman graduates.
>>
>>79133608
my company has 50% women as managers...
>>
>>79133608
>I think for the sake of making their firms not completely literal sausagefests, they choose to hire some women.

The only problem there is that they only hire women into stupid management/HR positions where the end up ruining everything.
>>
>>79128589
Because where else is someone who is literally married to his job (software programmers are insane) going to meet a woman?
>>
>>79134322
If they're going to hire useless people, cant they at least hire some decent looking useless people with some nice tits?
>>
Friend works for one of the biggest IT-firms here and they only hire competent females.
>>
File: The Big Picture.png (403 KB, 1840x4672) Image search: [Google]
The Big Picture.png
403 KB, 1840x4672
>>79128589
Some of them are just run by beta nerds who don't realize they're being forced into a double-bind scenario by unscrupulous media whores.

Some of them aren't though. The GG faggots had a couple of theories. The one where video game journalism tied into national stability was kind of far-fetched, but this one (pic related) makes more sense. To wit: The 600lb gorillas of the tech sector are trying to change the perception of technology and the people who work with it, in order to secure massive contracts providing software for Common Core curriculum.

This need to make computers and software socially acceptable is also why you see so many charismatic hipsters launching "apps" that involved less programming than your average web page. The dipshit who came up with a "genius" interface (read: ripped off Apple's UI conventions) gets pushed into the public eye while the ugly, awkward programmers who made the shiny buttons actually do something are kept safely hidden away in Silicon Valley.

All to prevent Cletus from telling the school board that he won't allow his kids to be taught by no devil box.
>>
>>79128589
Because they will get investigated and sued by the government. They also earn tax credits on similar programs etc

>source: my sister in-law is a global HR person for one of the largest tech companies in the world

The federal government has constantly been investigating and threatening them with litigation because they can't find enough qualified dindus. She's probably the least racist person I've ever met and she had a lot to say about the "quality" HBCUs produce. Lol
>>
>>79131857
No one loves to Argentina. You're almost a failed state, and you have a ridiculously regulated market. The victory of a singular "right-wing" president is a good first step though.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.