[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tolerant Toronto?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: OCASI.jpg (73 KB, 706x723) Image search: [Google]
OCASI.jpg
73 KB, 706x723
>Amina Ibrahim's family moved to Canada because of the Somali Civil War.

>Despite having lived in Toronto for most of her life, Amina Ibrahim is often asked, “Where are you really from?” She typically laughs it off and explains that her family moved from Djibouti when she was a toddler, so really, she’s from Canada.

But she's from Africa...

This article then goes on to an incident that happened to Amina... she was driving, then...

>a truck driver behind her began laying on the horn, and when traffic came to a stop, a white middle-aged male exited his car and approached Ibrahim’s vehicle, where she had the window rolled down

>First, he mumbled some Arabic words together, saying ‘Assalamu alaikum,’ and some other words he must have assumed were Arabic,” she recalls.

>Then, he said, ‘You’re lucky I don’t punch you in the face, you fucking Muslim.’ He stared at me waiting for a response, but I was so shocked that I just kind of smiled. He continued swearing and then walked away.”

Later in the article it addresses this image, with a provincial representative saying:

>anyone who accuses the campaign of reverse-racism (which frankly, doesn’t exist), is completely misguided.

>“The whole idea that this ad is somehow demonizing white men is kind of surprising,” Douglas adds. “This ad really isn’t about the issues of white people. It’s really about the experiences of racialized immigrants and refugees, in particular Muslim women. Is it only white men who are Islamophobic? Absolutely not, but we use the image of a white man as a way to also talk about power relations.”

Is Toronto and Canada really tolerant?

How do journalists know that the 'majority of racially and culturally motivated attacks are rarely reported to the police'?

Is Amina from Canada even though she was born in Djibouti?

Is this ad not really about white people's issues?

Will we ever know the answers to these questions?

Article:
http://archive.is/diSoQ
>>
disgusting
>>
File: MuslimScum01.jpg (357 KB, 863x1024) Image search: [Google]
MuslimScum01.jpg
357 KB, 863x1024
>>79124768
>>
>>79125061
Fucking kek and saved
>>
>>79124996
Why does she look so ugly?
>>
>>79125168
thanks
>>
>>79124996
Chances are no one has ever been racist against the girl on the ad because she's a qt
>>
>>79124768
>>First, he mumbled some Arabic words together, saying ‘Assalamu alaikum,’ and some other words he must have assumed were Arabic,” she recalls.
>>Then, he said, ‘You’re lucky I don’t punch you in the face, you fucking Muslim.’ He stared at me waiting for a response, but I was so shocked that I just kind of smiled. He continued swearing and then walked away

Sounds like complete bullshit. I mean how can you even tell the ethnicity of someone driving a car in front of you, especially if you're driving a truck?
>>
>>79125204
They raped the good ones and then kidnapped them as sex slaves. Only uggos could escape.
>>
>>79124768
Although not directly from the government, it's still mind boggling that these immigrant volunteer organizations that make these ads can say "this ad isn't really about white people... actually it is but it's about power relations". Just madness,
>>
>>79124768

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSNM17WUXcs
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 1203x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 1203x567
>>79124768

Bill dropping the truth may mays
>>
>Born in North York
>Wearing the required garment of a desert society you've never lived in and that is not required to be worn by your religion.

Yeah, right.
>>
>>79124768

>someone got out of their truck in the middle of traffic to abuse me

things that never happened for 500, Alex

truck drivers ain't got time to be talking shit to women drivers they'd be out in the middle of traffic all fucking day
>>
>>79125486
Also:

>a truck driver behind her began laying on the horn, and when traffic came to a stop, a white middle-aged male exited his car and approached Ibrahim’s vehicle, where she had the window rolled down
>a truck driver behind her began laying on the horn
>a white middle-aged male exited his car
>exited his car
>>
>>79124768
Smash.
>>
File: OCASI.png (83 KB, 1115x812) Image search: [Google]
OCASI.png
83 KB, 1115x812
>>79125574
Great, this immigrant organization that made the ad is largely funded by the taxpayer...
>>
>we are not saying that white men are the problem but white men are mainly the problem

God fucking damn it, these people.
>>
Why can't we get some anti-immigration ads going too? Is free space no longer fucking free? Toronto is like 50/50 smelly lazy shit skin it's unreal.
>>
>>79129042

delet this
>>
>>79125298

Low standards
>>
Whore - Nun
Whorenun
>>
How the fuck does a trucker even know Arabic words.

>“The whole idea that this ad is somehow demonizing white men is kind of surprising,”

I fail to see how it can be so surprising when they took the time to make it very clear that all the people that supposedly harassed her were all white. It's like people who take the time to let people know that people who commit violent crime are all black. But of course they would be labelled racist instead.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.