[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has any one on /pol/ ever served in the French Foreign Legion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1000x667
Has any one on /pol/ ever served in the French Foreign Legion?
>>
I did from march 2011 to march 2016.

6 months in basic training, 2 years in Guyana and 2.5 years in 2reg, a mountain / genie regiment.

Get ready to scrub a lot of toilets for 1 or 2 years. great experience overall for me but don't expect too much of technical training.
>>
>>79025429
Is it true that you don't need to speak french to join, but have to sign up in france
>>
>>79025545
Yes you don't have to speak a word before joining, you'll learn the bases of the langage in basic training. Being anglophone you won't have much trouble compared to chinese, nepalese etc. The fastest way to join is to go in Aubagne in south of France with whatever you need to live (shaving stuff, toothbrush etc), you can also join in Paris and in other cities but in the end you'll be taken to aubagne for the selection. 1 out of 8 candidates are taken so be prepared to take a ticket back. Then again if you're not too young/old and don't have a criminal record and medical problems it should be fine.

once in there you won't be able to keep your phone (phone rules have changed those past years so I'm not sure about it now but back in 2011 we couldnt have a phone for 6 months, rules got loose now apparently).

Keep in mind that you won't go out a lot and will for a lot of time feel like you are losing your time.
>>
I didn't serve in it, rather with them, it was a while ago and we had a shared training course with armoured vehicles, the French allowed us to use the panhard for a bit while we have them our VECs. It was a nice day, we also broke all their bullseye because they had never hit them, it was fun.
>>
>>79026368
Is it hard to pick up life after the legion? What can you do? where do you go?
Go back to your civillian job? or is it possible to become for example a cop in france and climb up in that organisation till 65?
>>
>>79027314
it's a bit hard because you go from an organization that takes charge of everything while you're there to full freedom where you have to fend for yourself and take care of every paper and aspect of your life alone.

Best thing is to pass as much vehicle licenses as you can that you can use in a civilian job (1reg and 2reg are probably the best for that).

you'll still have to pass a contest to get in the police. Then again you have to be french, and that often takes more than 5 years in the legion to acquire the nationality.
>>
File: 1475.jpg (42 KB, 285x400) Image search: [Google]
1475.jpg
42 KB, 285x400
>>79026368
>don't have a criminal record
why?
i thought criminals join the legion to escape persecution or to reform their shit up?

so muh jean claude van damme movies aren't real? :'(
>>
>>79029048
it used to be like this but not anymore, it was filled with pedos
>>
>>79029048
They have so many candidates they can afford to be picky. But some of them who have a criminal record still can pass.
>>
>>79022191
>/pol/
>lasting a week in a legion full of african, asians and slavs

lolno
>>
>>79029847
not many africans there but a lot of slavs. Nothing inhumane really.
>>
File: rarbab.jpg (20 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
rarbab.jpg
20 KB, 480x454
>>79029959
>Africa
>Slavs
What ?
>>
>>79025429
Did you ever see combat? Or are the Legion now an overglorified reserve special forces?
>>
File: 1465399229714.jpg (136 KB, 800x899) Image search: [Google]
1465399229714.jpg
136 KB, 800x899
It's gay as fuck.

Dude on a/fit/ a while ago said his uncle was in it and he told him at the end of year dance or some shit there were dudes making out on the dance floor.

More like Fag Foreign Legion.
>>
File: 1464543562817.jpg (74 KB, 455x619) Image search: [Google]
1464543562817.jpg
74 KB, 455x619
>>79025429
I'm going on next Monday, any tips to get accepted?
>>
>>79022191
I did i got 200 confirmed kills
>>
>>79025429
>doubt what he says
>that finishing line
this is legit.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.