[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BREAKING: SCOTUS Strikes Down TX Abortion Law
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: USSupremeCourtWestFacade.jpg (1 MB, 1871x1331) Image search: [Google]
USSupremeCourtWestFacade.jpg
1 MB, 1871x1331
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/06/supreme-court-strikes-down-landmark-texas-abortion-case.html/
>WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court struck down Texas’ controversial abortion restrictions Monday, declaring that they pose an unconstitutional burden on women seeking to end their pregnancies.

>In a 5-3 decision, Justice Anthony Kennedy sided with the four Democrat-appointed justices to toss out Texas’ regulations on abortion doctors and clinics. The decision sets a national precedent that will curtail how far all states can go to restrict abortion.

>The requirements, that doctors who perform abortions maintain admitting privileges at nearby hospitals and all abortions be performed in hospital-like surgical centers, have caused more than half of the state’s abortion clinics to close. Up to nine more clinics would have closed if the justices had voted to uphold the law in full.

>At issue were two provisions of a 2013 Texas law – passed by the Republican-dominated Legislature and signed by former Gov. Rick Perry — that places restrictions on abortion doctors and the types of facilities where abortions may be performed.

>Texas officials argued that they had a right to enforce the restrictions because they made the procedure safer for women. The Center for Reproductive Rights, which represented Whole Woman’s Health and other providers, said that the procedure is already safe and that the restrictions are unnecessary, costly and intended to end abortion in the state.

>The contours of the case changed in February when conservative Justice Antonin Scalia — a staunch abortion opponent — died suddenly, leaving the court with an even ideological split.

>Texas women had nearly 9,0000 fewer abortions in 2014, the first full year after the new restrictions went into effect and forced clinics to close — 14% less than the year before. The state’s 18 remaining clinics are mostly located in big metropolitan areas.
>>
I love the fact liberals support modern-day eugenics. Abortion kills more blacks than police could ever hope to.
>>
File: dev.jpg (51 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dev.jpg
51 KB, 800x600
>>78928034
A lot of liberals don't believe zygotes are people at the point of abortion. I think advances in medical science will settle when sentience is developmentally achieved over time.

From a public policy perspective, to have a generous and functioning social service state you would want to have abortion legal and accessible to prevent runaway population burdens.
>>
SCOTUSBlog said Jusitce Alito is reading his personal dissent from this decision FROM THE BENCH.

He MAD as fuck, as they rarely ever do that (maybe once in a year-long term).
>>
>>78927947
As much as I want to protect every human life, until we have strong families and send the blacks back to africa, only until then will I quietly support the usg eugenics model
>>
>>78928034
it also kill whites
>>
If Texas wasn't so tough on abortion Spics wouldn't be the majority

Blacks & Hispanics get abortions like it's going out of business
>>
>>78927947
>Muh freedom!
>>
>>78927947
>they pose an unconstitutional burden on women seeking to end their pregnancies.
I'm all for abortion but that's bullshit
The Constitution does not give you a single right pertaining to it whatsoever
State law is what dictates it 100%
Fuck SCOTUS
>>
Honestly doesn't bother me. If women want to get abortions, they're only fucking up their own bodies. Plus it's less welfare being paid out to people who can't stop having kids. Texas also has shit sex ed programs, so I'm not sure what they expect. Praying alone isn't going to solve every problem.
>>
>>78928800
> tfw 23 day old zygote is more hung than you
>>
>>78932249
> Be Catholic
> No rubber for Jesus
> Abort little pedro
>>
>>78927947
Slut genocide when?
>>
>In favor of abortion.
>In favor of death panels.
>In favor of assisted suicide.
>In favor of massive non-White immigration into White countries.
>In favor of homosexuality.
>In favor of multiculturalism and diversity.
Truly, Liberals are the party of death.
>>
>>78933733
They just fought for the right to do it to themselves
>>
Don't see how this is unconstitutional in any way.
>>
>>78927947
>Great time are upon us!

t. Coat-hanger Salesman
>>
>>78934103
Agreed. The restrictions on abortions in Texas were arbitrary and stupid. They were meant to force many abortion centers to close and just generally make life hell for people trying to offer or give abortions.

(To be clear: some of the restrictions included things like the hallway in all parts needing to be wide enough for a truck to drive through).

It essentially made it so abortions were impossible to get outside major metropolitan areas because the smaller centers could not meet the requirements of the bill.
>>
>>78928800
That's a big dick.
>>
>>78932768
If you go by the SCOTUS ruling and interpretation of Roe v. Wade, the 14th amendment's due process clause applies to women having abortions.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.