[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 53aw354.png (262 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
53aw354.png
262 KB, 678x678
If you're a Christian post itt

It's been a long time since the ADL has called the Orthodox Church to follow the suit of their brothers, the Protestants and Catholics. But Orthodox still refuse to comply, is there any excuse for this?

>ADL Urges Orthodox Christian Churches To Excise Anti-Semitism From Liturgy

>Eric J. Greenberg, ADL Associate Director of Interfaith Affairs, noted that some Orthodox liturgy still refer to Jews as Christ-killers, and that some Easter services include calls for revenge against Jews. He noted that the Roman Catholic Church and several Protestant churches have removed anti-Semitic passages from its liturgy, and that the Vatican repudiated the deicide charge against the Jewish people in 1965.

http://archive.adl.org/presrele/chjew_31/5069_31.html#.V271CvkrJmN

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcL9S5a3weU
>>
Why are we having this same exact thread again? I declined to reply the first time, but Orthodox churches can do whatever the fuck they want to do, especially when the Jewish IRL Defense Force oy veys at them.

t. Roman Catholic
>>
File: kate.jpg (40 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40 KB, 425x516
>>
I have an addiction to buying Christian books at Goodwill but usually it's garbage from megachurch pastors so I avoid buying that. I do find cool stuff occasionally. I've been thumbing through Luther's Catechism with extra notes WELS produced which is interesting. As for the Orthodox I hope they leave their liturgies as is. The kikes have no right to tell Christians how to run their services when their own services and texts are filled with even more hatred for Christians than a Christian can ever feel for a Jew.
>>
File: e5b.jpg (31 KB, 600x686) Image search: [Google]
e5b.jpg
31 KB, 600x686
>>
>>78879227
Independent Baptist checking in. Isn't it kind of sad how the pope is single handedly destroying catholicism?
>>
>>78883124
pope moar liek nope
>>
File: image.png (39 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39 KB, 853x543
Orthodox Jew here, I need a goy for the coming shabbos, paying 10 shekels per hour. Jobs will include turning on the light for me in dark places, reading /pol/ for me so I miss any new memes, and eating challah bread and cookies my mother won't stop sending me.
Anybody interested??!
>>
File: Varg-smiling.jpg (11 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
Varg-smiling.jpg
11 KB, 320x350
>>78879227
>>
>>78879227
I fucking hate you barn animals.
>>
>>78883124
Reformed Baptist here
>>
>>78884058
I love you, please put your trust in Christ
>>
>>78884243
Carriers position has no backing, it's all speculation
>>
>>78879227
>If you're a Christian post itt

I'm not religious but I respect you guys.

>inb4 fedora tipper

Atheists are annoying pricks.

Would remove kebab with/10.
>>
>>78884394
Nope just God and Jesus
>>
>>78879227
Roman Catholic here that attends a FSSP parish in my city.
>>
>>78884430
What is keeping you from putting your trust in Christ
>>
how do I know if I'm truly saved?
>>
>>78883124
>>78884187
I know neither of you guys are Southern Baptist but I'm just curious what you thought about the Southern Baptist Convention announcing they want their congregations to encourage to stop waving Confederate flags.
>>
>>78879227
Taiwanese Christfag reporting in.

Who pentecostal church here?
>>
>>78884608
I would disagree, the whole bible shows original sin

God told Adam he would die the day he ate the fruit, lives another 900 years, so it's inferred he died spiritualy

Hebrews saw gods power in Egypt yet worshiped a bull as soon as Moses went up the mountain

Original sin is obvious, we are all born with a nature that is rebellious twords God
>>
>>78884610
If you repent and put your trust in Christ alone

If you need assurance read 1 John
>>
>>78884610
Ask for forgiveness, do your best to do like Christ. Believe in Christ and you are saved.
>>
>>78884648
I attend a southern Baptist church, they are true Americans and have my approval
>>
>>78879227
Reporting in
>>
>>78884785
I go to Assemblies of God, which is Pentecostal I guess. We speak in tongues and stuff
>>
>>78884902
Read the Gospel of Thomas. The heart of early Christianity is in that.
>>
>>78885154
The Gospel of Thomas was written much later than the canonical Gospels,
>>
Fuck off christcucks, /pol/ is a board for Nordic pagans only.

Burn down all churches for thor!
long live the Nordic old gods!!!!
>>
>>78885316
Have fun in hell for rejecting Christ
>>
I'm conflicted. I want the values of a Christian family, but can't undo being an athiest. It's a red pill I wish I never swallowed.
>>
>>78885017
I grew up in the Southern Baptist church and while I like the people and I think their faith is earnest I found it very lacking in terms of answers for me then the Southern Baptist Convention started doing weird shit which gave me enough push to leave. I still respect them for giving me a good foundation on learning about The Bible though. As for the Confederate flag part I guess it just bothers me the SBC would tell their congregations to not fly it and disrespect the very people who founded their denomination and the men who would've been most of the earliest pastors of the SBC would've been Confederate veterans. I also just think they shouldn't have a right to tell people they can't honor their own ancestors.
>>
>>78885393

your savior was nailed to a cross

my god has a hammer.

any questions?
>>
>>78885469
God deniers abandon all knowledge let alone being Redpilled
>>
>>78885469
Except atheism is blue pill
>>
DEAD KIKE ON A STICK

NEVER FORGET

I GUESS
>>
>>78885526
If you have a problem with it, and you have biblical backing, find another bible based church
>>
>>78885528
My God rose from the dead
Your people abandoned your God, and a hammer can't forgive sins

Any questions?
>>
>>78883124
>Isn't it kind of sad how the pope is single handedly destroying catholicism?
I think you mean saving the world from Catholicism.

>>78883479
Jizz Crackers, now that's classic.
>>
>>78885633
A kike was a Jewish immagrant who refused to sign with an ex because it looked like a cross
>>
>>78885316
Did you know Thor crossdressed? How about Odin putting on a skirt and drumming with witches?
>>
http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

Head to bed but God bless you all.
>>
>>78884946
>>78884975

Thanks for your answers. Also, thank you for the scripture reference. I just read it and it was really inspiring
>>
>>78886071
Yep it's a good one and it's pretty short
>>
>>78885740
I've basically been trying as many denominations of Christianity as possible. It's helped me a lot seeing how different churches think and worship and how they back things up through The Bible and tradition and the writings of many great Christian men through the years.
>>
Am Christian but haven't settled on a denomination. I've been going to a Lutheran Church and they seem cool but idk. I'll check out Baptist next.
>>
>>78886219
If you don't have a problem with baby baptism, ARP (Refomed Presbyterian) church is pretty based
>>
>>78886280
Just make sure you put your trust alone in Christ for your salvation and he will guide you to the right church
>>
>>78883124
There have been worse popes tbqh.
>>
>>78884610
You just have to be believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior. I'm pretty sure that entails following the 10 Commandments too, but I could be wrong about that part. Might conflict with the belief and not works thing.
>>78885017
Is this the sort of mean baptist from the /pol/ women thread?

For the rest of the thread - is it wrong to believe that no matter what we do right now, our fate for whether we go to heaven or hell is already sealed? I know that conflicts with the notion of free will (or actually, someone told me that) but it confuses me because by the laws of physics, everything we do is already pre determined. And since God designed us and determines the past, present, and future, is it incorrect to believe such an idea?
>>
I'm a Christian, but I'm such a vile sinner. I feel like I still need saved everyday. God does so much for me and I'm so unappreciative. I just hope I've made an positive impact on someone's spiritual walk with/toward Christ and maybe our God will be proud of me. God bless all of you. I'm saying a prayer for everyone on this board.
>>
>>78885316
bait
>>
>>78886676
>I'm such a vile sinner
>I feel like I need saving everyday
Everyone does. No exceptions.
>>
>>78886606
Nope, predestination is a thing eph 1
If your worried about it, fall flat on your face and beg God for a changed mind and put your trust in Christ alone for your salvation and you will have nothing to worry about,

We have a sense of free will, but because we love our sin, We won't choose God on our own
>>
>>78886676
Read John chapter 3
Romans 10
Romans 6
>>
File: CreationismSymbol.gif (2 KB, 115x77) Image search: [Google]
CreationismSymbol.gif
2 KB, 115x77
Who's hype for the Ark Encounter opening next week?

I live nearby and I'm definitely going - being surrounded by fellow creationists as we all gather around the Ark. It must feel like visiting the Temple did in the old days!
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3050x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3050x2000
>>78879227

Catholic here, considering converting to orthodoxy because Catholic Church has been responsible for the death of thousands of infants in state care in the past 50 years, not to mention all the rape protected by the papacy. Disgraceful.
>>
>>78887208

This also seems to have happened exclusively in Ireland for some reason? And how come there's never been an Irish Pope? We were always the most loyal and never once acknowledged. Millions of Irishmen died for their faith.
>>
>>78886935
Wait wait. So you can ask God for a changed mind? That isn't being disrespectful as its His will? I read that if you're afraid of going against His word and going to hell, then you're fine. Why is this so confusing ;-;
>>
So what passages were read today, and what were all of your sermons about? My church did Kings 19: 9-21, Galatians 5: 1, 13-15, and Luke 9: 51-62.

The sermon was about to not lose faith to Christ, even in the face of great strife and hardship, prioritize Christ as your highest priority in your life, and that it is difficult to follow him, but we're to keep at it.
>>
>>78887465
Oh yeah, forgot to add, Missouri Synod Lutheran.
>>
>>78887427
The difference between someone who is of the elect and not is how they respond to the gospel message. If the Holy Spirit is working in someone, they will genuinely go to God and ask for his forgiveness, the natural man on the other hand will scoff and go about their day

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those that are perishing but to Christians it is the message of our salvation
>>
>>78887937
Okay well then I'm gonna pray right now because you're scaring the hell out of me heh ^-^
>>
>>78885316
C'mon man.

You got Thorsday (Thursday) in exchange for converting fair and square.
>>
>>78888077
Don't do it because I said so
Do it because you're a sinner deserving of hell, and that you need Christ to save you
>>
>>78885316
guess that is why the nordic gods won when Christianity tried moving in. Oh wait...no, that didn't happen. They lost.
>>
>>78884484
I would say catholic cuckery, and he still hold the assumption that catholic = christian which is by far the most incorrect thing ever.
>>
>>78888264
Well I just did it. Anyway I didnt do it because you said to. I did it because of something you said, how a natural man wouldn't really care but a Christian would. Also, I haven't been acting too catholic lately so it seemed like the right thing to do.

>inb4 you're going to hell because you're a catholic
>>
>>78888748
I would say Roman Catholics make more atheist than any other denomination.

It doesn't matter what church you go to, if you don't have Christ, you will have to answer for your sins to a just and holy God, and if you were to die today, you will be guilty,

But Jesus Attoned for the sins of those who put their trust in him alone for their salvation. Not a pope or a church

John 3:16

All you have to do is change mind and put your trust in him to have your sins forgiven and you can have your salvation secure tonight
>>
>>78889051
Alright if you took it seriously your salvation is eternally secure and you will never have to worry about hell again

Next thing you should do is find a church and read your Bible

I recommend the book of Romans to start

If you ever doubt your salvation read 1John

Best of luck to you in your walk with Christ
>>
Deus vult, brothers.
>>
I just read some bible verses for the first time in 20 years tonight. Its starting to make sense now
>>
>>78889567
Thank you anon(:
>>
>>78879227
>ADL
Can grab it's little fancy heresies and go fuck themself
>>
>>78889760
What ya reading
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 500x373
I want someone to make a 4chan Christbros discord channel because these threads don't last much and I am too damn lazy to do one
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 1136x640
>>78889351
Protestants make the most Atheist than any other denomination. They can't explain why their god has split personality disorder or why God decided to make the truth in the early stages of Christianity so different compared to that of the Protcucks. Take this for example
>>
File: image.jpg (305 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305 KB, 640x1136
>>78888748
Explain this
>>
>>78886411
Thats my plan, friend. My life has improved 10 fold since I welcomed God back into my life. I know if I walk with Jesus he will lead me in the right direction
>>
>>78879227
>>
>>78890633
Protestants have had a major influx of false converts recently due to the whole prosperity gospels and give Jesus a try

Although most atheists I have talked to have had a strong Catholic background

Most Protestants have a cultural Christian or Christian on Sunday only attitude in the states

But please elaborate on your point, I'd like to hear more about this
>>
>>78879227

I like the pope's intentions. In a world without islam, he'd make a great a pontiff.

I like his commitment to acts of charity and his emphasis on them.

But his off the cuff remarks and actions are biting him in the ass.

And unfortunately, he's like that kindly old grandpa among statesman that everyone likes to do lip service towards, and then they go back to being sinful, inhuman globalists.
>>
>>78890788
It's true, reading the bible also helps
>>
>>78890990
Have you noticed how radically different Protestants are? Take Calvinism or Armininianism for example. Both sides play the game by Sola Scriptura which inadvitably leads to a deadlock where we don't know who is right. Some decides to make it such that both are somehow right but this makes it such that there is a god with split personality disorder as he saves all yet he presestines intentionally before creation, the salvation of some.
>>
>>78884610
Jesus has to be your Lord. That means you have to actually listen to him and do what he says in his teachings. Don't listen to dispensationalists who say that you don't have to listen to his teachings. That's a one way ticket to a bad time. Also, his gospel was primarily about the kingdom that he will be king of. That's important too. If he spent his entire ministry teaching about the kingdom and getting people to repent, then make sure you do the same. Otherwise it's hard to be a follower of Christ if you don't actually follow him.

Don't fall into the once saved always saved camp. Jesus was not ok with people who continued in sin...see Pharisees and his rebukings of them. He went to sinners, but taught them to repent. Repentance does not just mean feeling bad. It means actually changing your ways and stopping the sinning. We won't always get it right, but some people don't even try and think they are ok. I wouldn't put my own life in that hope. Remember, he told the woman he saved from stoning to go and sin no more. Not...just have faith. He said don't do it anymore. So try that.

The most important thing is to be a lover of truth. That means that you don't for sure have the right answers, just the best you have right now. If you find out in your studies of the scriptures a better doctrine that fits the text better, then exchange your error for the new truth. Also, don't value traditions and teachings of men over what your studies tell you. Satan is a master at deception and he has his fingers in places you wouldn't believe. Pray for the Helper to guide you and always approach with a humble heart seeking truth in earnest.
>>
>>78891262
I'm a Calvinist but Arminians also believe in justification by Faith alone (Romans 4) so I believe an arminian can also be saved as long as they put their trust in Christ.

One of the greatest things about Biblical Christianity is that a total understanding of theology is not what saves you
>>
>>78891406
OSAS John 10:28
Liscence to sin? No see Romans 6
>>
>>78891577
Then by definition, an Arian who does the same despite having contradictory beliefs can do so. Here we see how you ignored my question and made a deity who has split personality disorder. The worst part is how the deity you worship is not loving. He doesn't give freesom of will to his creatures, only its illusion, deceiving them. He made the Fall happened and all evils that come to pass! All for his plan which he did prior to creation!
>>
God isn't real.
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 1136x640
>>78891577
Philosophically, your deity causes evil as Peter Van Ingawen and virtually every philosopher would say
>>
>>78891945
You aren't real. Prove that you are.
>>
>>78891998

There is physical, primary, secondary and readily observable evidence that i exist.
>>
>>78891262
Well, they both still stick to perfect being theology which is of pagan/Platonic origin. You get a lot of those problems when you think Jews are evil, discard their way of thinking in favor of the Greeks, and then try to read a Jewish book about a Jewish savior. You're going to have a bad time. Open theism is a little better at that stupid debate since the bible seems to show us a God who at least chooses not to know and interacts and responds to His creation before acting.

Also, Sola Scriptura works if we actually follow Christ's teaching and show love and humility. We don't have all the right answers, but God lovingly meets us where we are. As we continue to dig rather than just accept the doctrines given to us by men, He will advance our understanding. We have to be careful though not to fall in love with our own ideas and doctrines. When we discover we have error and another explanation fits the scriptures better, we have to be humble enough to discard our error. Also, we have to show love to one another that we aren't all at the same place. We can discuss and use the scriptures to either expose each others' error or we discover it is our own. However, too many times, Christians have not shown love and have sought to kill others for believing differently. Even Calvin, who fought to believe what he thought was right, turned right around and had Michael Servetus put to death. Not very Christian...nor even doing to others what he wanted done to him.

God is truth. We are not. We live in a time of deception, but He does not leave us alone. However, He will allow us to sit in error if it suits His purpose or if our hearts are not in the right place. There are numerous times in the bible where God allows His people to be in error, but does not abandon them nor immediately correct them.

The most important thing is to show love and not bind the consciences of others. Arrogance instead of humility leads those in error to insist on error and impose error.
>>
>>78891884
False, putting your trust in Christ alone requires Christ to be both God and man

Only God can forgive sins
There are essentials
So both Mormons and JW are out
>>
>>78891987
Causes no
Allows yes
>>
Being a Christian in a libertarian "society" leads directly into poverty. And people value ONLY money. The more evil, wicked, cruel, heartless you are the better are you doing.

Thank you """Solidarity""" and JPII.

Greetings from German neocolony.
>>
>>78892104
That only works when we have a god who doesn't forgive. He still wants his money back. Any suggestion of forgiveness entails that any damages occurred out of mistake will not have any compensation
>>
>>78892104
>>78892079

*rolls eyes*
>>
>>78892177
And degenerate people in a libertarian society would make it socialist again because degenerate behavior leads to irresponsibility
>>
>>78892236

God doesn't exist so why are you losing sleep over it?
>>
>>78892236
? Elaborate
>>
Still trying to rediscover faith. Shit is hard. What do?
>>
>>78892394
Read Romans 1
John 3
Romans 10
>>
>>78892394

Realize that your rational side is maturity and find something productive to do.
>>
>>78892267
If you want to attack my position, you better back it up with scripture
>>
>>78892530

>back it up with scripture

I don't rely on nonsense fables.
>>
>>78892616
Oh well I'm afraid you don't have a dog in this fight
>>
>>78892079
How stupid are you? Paul shows Stoic influences and the practices of NT Christians bear resemblance and influence from the Pagan background of the day. Even John borrows from Hellenistic vocabulary through the language of Logos. Paul also have been infleunced from the book of Wisdom which itself has Hellenistic infleunces! This makes your whole bs about Platonism and Greek philosophy useless when NT authors do the very same! Sola ScriptUra is also unfaithful to Scripture when the very composition of Scripture comes from Tradition. The Bible didn't mafically fall from the sky and the whole reading culture of the Bible is communial which opposes Sola ScriptUra which is individualistic. No Church Father or NT author has any notion of Sola ScriptUra. They oppose it as shown here >>78890701 the fact that you Proturds can't even agree with each other entails deception on your part!
>>
>>78892687

Go ahead and argue with the other little boys about which transformer is best kiddo.
>>
>>78883124

If you haven't realized it yet, the Pope is a false idol. Those who look up to him shall burn.
>>
>>78884648
Former SB (not an issue with the church). The flag thing is just garbage shenanigans/politics. Think I'll go down the road and take a dump on Pat Robertsons front yard before I give up my flags.
>>
>>78892735
Romans 1:18-22
Have fun suppressing the truth in your unrighteousness
Unless you repent and put your trust in Christ, you will stand guilty before a just and holy God
>>
>>78892387
Here's how Reformed Atonement works, Adam and Eve did something wrong. God is pissed as fuck at them and will not be able to let it go unless he gets his money back. So, he beats Jesus who is him and his son, up for it. That's even more psychotic when one considers how Adam and Eve and even Satan were
Controlled by God himself. They never acted out of their own determination
>>
>>78892855
God did that. He intend for that shit to happen before he made anything
>>
File: 1415721706947.gif (868 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
1415721706947.gif
868 KB, 500x200
>>78892855

>you're in trouble when you die

Okay, if you say so buddy.
>>
Everyone should gang up against the Calvinist heresy before we progress
>>
>>78891683

No one will snatch them, but he doesn't say you can't walk away on your volition by going back to sin or just back to unbelief.

>I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me--and I in him--bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing. If a man does not abide with me, he is thrown away like a shriveled up branch, and they gather it, throwing it into the fire to burn.

-John 15:5-6

Right from the Master's own mouth that it is possible to be cut out of the vine.

>Now the Spirit explicitly says that in the later times some will desert the faith and occupy themselves with deceiving spirits and demonic teachings

-1 Timothy 4:1

How can you desert the faith?

I gave just a few, but there are numerous scriptures that mention it is the one who endures til the end who will be saved...that kind of means that there are those who come to the faith, but don't endure. Also, many who are Christians will say "Lord Lord" but he will reject them. Hard to reconcile Eternal Security when Jesus explicitly says he will be rejecting some who not only believe, but did works in his name.
>>
>>78892959
If that drone's god is real, I rather kiss you right now and turn you into a cute trap
>>
>>78892309

> abusing people till the very end of their patience
> lies everywhere
> reward iniquity punish goodness
> responsibility
>>
>>78892895
No that's kind of a straw man

The fall was planned

You break my tv, I forgive you, and I pay for it

We have a sin debt against God, God forgives the elect, and God pays through the atoning sacrifice of the son
Col 2:14
Eph1
Romans 8:28-
John 6:37-42
John 10
>>
File: 1414542199368.gif (3 MB, 317x238) Image search: [Google]
1414542199368.gif
3 MB, 317x238
>>78893085
>>
>>78893145

God isn't real. Stop feeling like your entitled to a positive existence and go make a difference.
>>
Question: Does the bible actually say something along the line of, "those who consort with beasts?"

If so, what does that actually mean
>>
>>78892952
What's keeping you from putting your trust in Christ
>>
>>78892458
I will make a note thank you
>>78892478
Always trying to be productive but that is also difficult and I was hoping the church could help with that. Were classes still in session I could finish my degree. Finding a part time job has not been easy so far, over a dozen apps sent not one returned
>>
>>78893232

It was hinting at the plot twist in Game of Thrones.
>>
all I do is lay down and rot
Save me Christ bros
>>
>>78892959
Your gonna be held even more accountable because you rejected the truth when it was brought to you
>>
>>78892726
>How stupid are you?

Christian love? Humility? Who really is your Father?

The NT writiers utilize what was already understood to make points. They don't adopt it as their thinking, but they use it as an apologetics tool .Most of the people they would speak to were of Greek education or metaphysics. You have to talk to people in a language they understand. So they took those concepts and repurposed them to communicate a truth. They aren't saying that Plato is totally right on the duality of the soul and everyone is going to heaven. Nope. Jesus was pretty clear about a kingdom and you don't really hear that at many pulpits, do you? Or is it altogether another gospel that they preach?
>>
>>78893319

Understandable, focus on finishing your degree, go look for a support network. Does your college have a career center? Get a resume together, workout, find value in your life.
>>
>>78893325

If ya ain't ganna help, why answer?
>>
Any Catholic here go to the Steubenville Conferences?
>>
>>78893152
Actually, it's not. That's how it works. Your deity is not just. He places blame
Upon things with no ability of self
Determination. I don't expect any payment when I forgive someone. I don't expect anything from him or even any form of recompense. But God the father must and this comes in the form of beating up God the Son in his human-God form. So, he beats up a human being to satisfy his anger. That is sadism, not forgiveness
>>
>>78893354
I get up mostly out of spite
>>
>>78893360

Have you ever had anyone come back from the dead and tell you about this nonsense or are you literally making it up and allowing a book full of ancient fables and stories reinforce your delusions?

Believing bad things happen to bad people when they die is the greatest injustice the world has ever known. It allows bad people to get away with being unjust because you "believe" they will be punished when it stops mattering.

Your just going to die just like me, just like everyone else and you're going nowhere more special than i am buddy.

til then!
>>
I'm thinking of converting to christianity. Anybody want to chat with me on skype? I'm very serious.
>>
>>78893412

Why ask?

Don't you bible believers always say "have faith"

Well have faith, most of the bible is nonsense, find meaning in it.
>>
>>78892726
Paul also pointed to an alter of an unknown god in Athens. Does that mean Paul is tacitly conceding and approving of the whole Greek pantheon?
>>
>>78893373
They adopt it as shown by the similarities to that of their world. Paul himself is a product of this as shown with his infleunce from Wisdom and the Stoics. Guess this is ignored so that you
Can make your shitty point. No ones even saying that the CHristfags thinks Plato or Hellenistic philosophy is right. Just that they were INFLEUNCED by them. Stop making strawman moron
>>
>Always see what's new in the world through /pol/
>Get mad at the atrocities people do and get away with
>Always feel better when a Christian thread pops up
>Remind myself to not act on my anger (Esphesians 4:26)

Thank you guys for helping me stay in high spirits.

My major goal is to tell others of Christ through example, seeing as how people have listened to me before with other things such as diet & exercise when I stick to my strict regimen versus cheat meals every day all day
>>
>>78893354
The only one who can save you from yourself if you, anon.
>>
>>78893391
Already did the career center and resume however my resume is almost non existent as I have always been a full time student and I have never held an "official" job I can cite. Found a job as a chemical lab assistant on campus but was turned down despite being called overly qualified in favor of some yahoo from the nearby big university who was apparently more experienced. My instructor in the fall is head of internships and I intend to cozy up to him, however I am stuck as a NEET for the next two months and it is making me suicidal. I've no idea how /r9k/ can cope with having nothing to do
>>
File: image_0.png (180 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
180 KB, 480x640
Deus vult
>>
>>78884785
Church of God reporting in.
>>
>>78893589

Seeing as how I was asking a question, wouldn't it make sense that I am not a believer? I mean, are you that thick to not understand the connection?
>>
>>78893627
Wow, strawman alert! Illiterate moron
>>
>>78893061
Key word is no one

But I don't make doctrine from one verse

John 6:37-42

John 3:16 says those who believe in him shall not perish but have eternal life

1 John 5:11
Says we have eternal life, if we have it, but can lose it, than its not eternal

Collisions 2:14
Sin is equated as a debt and Jesus paid for the debt of believers on the cross, if the sin debt was paid for on the cross, you can't be held accountable for sins that were paid for
>>
>>78893354
Maybe I'm wrong.

Pray for strength.
>>
>>78893688

Why ask such a stupid question?
>>
>>78893463
Do you understand the concept of the trinity?
>>
>>78893767

You are not good at this, are you?
>>
1. Explain why Islam/Hinduism/Any other religion besides Christianity is not true.
2. Apply that reasoning to Christianity.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>78893695
Just like the GNOSTICS!
>>
>>78893688
Start reading the NT, understand some of the context used, as there is a lot of passages that do require some extra studying outside of what is being noted on the page. Also see which denomination speaks closer to the truth for you, go to a couple of services, speak with the clergy.
>>
>>78893672

If you can't find value in your life and expected a degree to change all your problems then you are in the right company joining a bunch of yahoo's at a local church who will fill your head with crap.

Or you can just realize you've been working towards a goal your entire life (to achieve a degree), stick with it and focus on making it work or doing something else with your life like most people.

I'm not going to tell you that you're loved or that anything special is going to happen when you die. You have to earn love and you will die one day, that's reality, that can motivate you to suicide or to do something about your situation, up to you.
>>
>>78893848
Oh, I didn't know God the son and God the father are one person. Stupid calvinist
>>
>>78893955
You a JW?
>>
>>78893872

good at what?

What are we doing that i am supposed to be good at? Don't attribute your weaknesses to me.
>>
>>78893507
You know God exists, and you suppress the truth in your unrighteousness, I'm not better than you, but I am better off,
>>
>>78879227
Cuz I don't want to pay for your fucking healthcare LOL. How hard is that to understand?
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 640x1136
>>78894000
I just hate Protestcucks
>>
>>78893905
Nope study Gnosticism, they literally worship the serpeant
>>
File: 1456794316411.jpg (48 KB, 377x364) Image search: [Google]
1456794316411.jpg
48 KB, 377x364
>>78894016

Next time, you have to try harder, lol.

>>78893917

Too much work. Just wanted a simple fucking answer to a question. Never mind.
>>
>>78894043
Logical fallacy, the epitome of calvinist apologetics
>>
>>78894043

No i don't know he exists buddy.

Can you offer evidence?

Not hypothesis, scientific evidence?
>>
>>78894120
and believe in predestination like the Calvinists!
>>
>>78893955
Nope one God in three distinct persons
>>
>>78894099
>hating anyone

Have you not read the teachings of Jesus Christ?
>>
>>78894099
Are you a Catholic?
>>
>>78894099
k, because God the Father and God the Son being one in the same is something pretty much what every Christian denomination believes, save for JWs and Mormons.
>>
>>78894172
What is wrong with predestination?
>>
>>78894145

Clearly you don't understand, and it looks bad (for you) to dismiss something because you don't understand it.

Oldest trick in the book.
>>
>>78894176
Well done heretic. The Trinity is defined as three persons who are one God
>>
>>78894177
Have you not see the absurdity of Protestantism?
>>
>>78894162
Natural sciences are for testing natural things

God is a transcendent being so you would have to look for transcendent evidence
>>
>>78894099
Cite source.
>>
>>78894250
It creates a psychopathic God for starters
>>
>>78894172
Eph 1
Romans 8
Romans 9
John 6
Well it's biblical
>>
>>78894358

Prove the supernatural exists buddy.

We don't throw away epistemology because it's easy.

Same way you don't like to kill babies.
>>
>>78894349
You shouldn't hate anyone anon.

Especially not those who genuinely love Christ, regardless of whether or not they adhere to the exact same doctrine as you.

Rather, you should pray that they come to understand the truth.
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 640x1136
>>78894228
I am an anti Protestant agnostic. Ex Calvinist
>>
>>78879227

>Greenberg

Deus vult, God's will be done.
>>
>>78894444
Is logic material or conceptual?
>>
>>78894386
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0109.htm
>>
>>78893201

> born more or less with """""Solidarity"""""
> muh Pope, muh religion, muh Jesus
> muh miraculous end of the SU
> trust in G*d, do not be afraid
> everything turned upside down

fuck you
>>
>>78894393
How?
>>
>>78894444
Prove the natural exists. Problem?
>>
>>78894465
I see
>>
>>78894428
No it's not. The consistent affirmation of free will by the Church Fathers shows this
>>
>>78894444
On what basis in atheism is there for a rational belief in knowledge?
>>
File: TrumptonicKnights.png (888 KB, 968x520) Image search: [Google]
TrumptonicKnights.png
888 KB, 968x520
Yes I am a WASPinator
>>
>>78894538

We can prove alternate dimensions and many miraculous things you'd like to call "transcendental" but it's all natural science.

Logic is a system of thought which can reliably lead you to the correct answers, the amount of mental gymnastics and logical contradictions requires to believe in God makes it illogical and it means he likely doesn't exist, just like most things that aren't real, like magic.
>>
>>78894620
Non libertarian free will exists alongside predestination
>>
>>78894564
Explained here >>78893463
>>78891884
>>
Question: Does the bible actually say something along the line of, "those who consort with beasts?"

If so, what does that actually mean?
>>
File: evolution_of_superstition.jpg (35 KB, 437x388) Image search: [Google]
evolution_of_superstition.jpg
35 KB, 437x388
>>78894560

>born told stories
>grows up realizing they were just stories

Sorry anon.
>>
>>78893657
This.

There are so many things on /pol/ that make me just want to hate others or view certain people as subhuman. But we must love others, for God is love. If we cannot love that which we see, how can we love the Father, whom we have not seen? (Just got done reading 1 John, thanks to the anon that recommended it).

We must strive to keep a spirit of love and follow God's commandments.
>>
>>78894598

Elaborate
>>
>>78894624

I'm agnostic so i don't know.
>>
>>78894665
Is logic absolute? Is it objective?
>>
>>78894692
That is a shitty buzzword when anyone who knows compatabilism knows that any desires and choice are still ultimately caused by prior causes. In a Calvinistic context this is akin to a ball being dropped having free will
>>
>>78893932
Maybe you are right. Sometimes it is hard to see the bigger picture, all I see now is empty but it will not stay that way if I keep pushing forward. I just dread the thought of turning out like those fools on /r9k/. I will do what I can to keep my eyes on the finish line. Thanks for the chat but I'm gonna turn in for the night
>>
>>78894629
Same. What denomination?

Was Episcopalian, but never really cared for it. Then the church become a den filled with priests and bishops that are heretics, blasphemers, and I'd go as far as to say pagans as well.

Went Lutheran, MO Synod.
>>
>>78894808
Suck a dick presuppositionalist fallacist
>>
>>78894697
I think you understood predestination wrong.
>>
>>78894808

It's objective, it still requires facts and evidence to backup.

good lies are logically sound for instance.
>>
Dinesh D'Souza has brought me into the light of the lord.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ien2Ah3lEY
>>
>>78894629
I hate Protestants but I hate Calvinism even more. So much I would even side with a non calvinist Protedtant
>>
>>78894816

Stop browsing 4chan, get some sleep and go for a bike ride in the morning bud.

Better advice than these cocksuckers will tell you, i guarantee it.
>>
>>78894810
If we are the product of Atheistic evolution, do we have free will if are mind is just product of chemical reactions and we are influenced by out environment
>>
>>78894870
That's because I am explicitly arguing against the Calvinist form of it
>>
>>78894883
Logic is objective, but requires evidence
Need logic to examine the evidence

Circular your logic is
>>
Missouri Christian here. Given the current state of affairs, I've come to the conclusion that the end is at the doorstep. Furthermore, I have a feeling that Muhammad is the False Prophet, Allah is the Antichrist, and the Beast has yet to be revealed. I've gotten visions of the future from time to time, which was prophesied to happen in the last days; so far, only the most apocalyptic haven't already come true, but we're on the brink.
>>
>>78894937
Show me academic peer reviewed journals that disprove evolution. Thanks for showing how stupid you are
>>
File: 1414378776881.gif (184 KB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
1414378776881.gif
184 KB, 400x170
>>78895049

Circular it is not.

Circular your understanding is.
>>
>>78894776
My point was made.
>>
>>78895052

Sell everything and live in poverty so Lord Jesus will take you straight to heaven asap.
>>
>>78895129
The Calvinist's brain is as flat as a circle
>>
>>78879227
Peace and Love to you all
>>
>>78894719

nevermind, that isn't even in the bible. Just looked it up.
>>
>>78895168

You proved you don't understand science.

So yea, i guess, just not the way you expected it to be.
>>
>>78894598
>>78894624

We're communicating using a system other people made. Therefore there is an objective reality that follows laws applicable to all of our perceptions of the natural universe. The only alternative to that is solipsism.
>>
>>78895198

lol
>>
>>78895053
I said atheistic evolution makes free will impossible, I'm not arguing ID or theistic evolution.

If atheistic evolution is true, your just a bag of meat that has chemical reactions. You are biologically determined to act based upon genetics or environment
>>
>>78895192
>28 posts by this ID
I'll pray for (You). :^)
>>
>>78894836
I am United... but United is like easy mode... We are way too Liberal and I aim on changing things. I started going to church last week and started worming my way to the top and I will bring back Conservative Christianity to the United Church. I watched an aboriginal thing last week Sunday and they said how we enslaved them and destroyed them with our residential schools. It was total bull shit to get us to keep paying the naders money and feel white guilt. This will be no more once I make it to the top. We are going to be proud Christians again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1hHsk6Sfps
>>
File: 1414542524571.gif (2 MB, 240x220) Image search: [Google]
1414542524571.gif
2 MB, 240x220
>>78895334

Thanks!
>>
>>78879227
Literally none of you can give me a single legit reason to believe in a god, literally none of you.
The only thing that'll make me believe is god himself, so where is he?
>>
>>78895129
Using evidence to understand logic
Using logic to understand the evidence
Show me how this isn't circular?
>>
>>78895257
Technically speaking you won't know it doesn't exist but for us to even make some or any form of progress and gain information we must presuppose an external reality which we can somehow interact with, or else we are trapped in square one.
>>
>>78895303
False. For all we know free will may simply be an attribute that arises as simple systems interact together
>>
>>78895416

I don't have to validate this for you.

Scientists are paid to do research and discover truths. I am not. If you need someone on 4chan to validate natural science for you then you're not very intelligent and likely lack the wherewithal to do the proper research yourself to realize that you're wrong.
>>
>>78895052
Describe your visions please.
>>
File: ronpaul.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ronpaul.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
I have this nagging thought in my head that I need to read the Bible. Which translation is legit?
>>
>>78895576

Hebrew.
>>
File: 1238816763898.jpg (12 KB, 317x255) Image search: [Google]
1238816763898.jpg
12 KB, 317x255
I wanted to let Jesus in my heart but he got stuck my ass.Jesus could use some of that prayer magic, pls help
>>
File: COdIiOZWIAAXLv4.png (148 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
COdIiOZWIAAXLv4.png
148 KB, 600x433
>>78895387
Anytime. You seem like you need it.
>>
>>78894792
Yet you're asking for proof without providing a theory of knowledge on your behalf. If you do not have one that is coherent anything that could be offered would be as to gibberish.

>>78895257
Right. And the difference is the theist proposes an explanation for the truth of that external reality rather than taking it for granted.
>>
>>78895503
Science relies on the laws of logic
show me how you can account for the logic
>>
>>78895633

Every night for the rest of your life please.
>>
>>78895664
Those are axioms. Axioms are there to create a mechanism for accessing information. Without which we would not make any progress or understanding in anything if we decide to follow your approach
>>
>>78895664

Because i can.

>>78895643

Proving god exists is a simple question, don't delude it and deflect with your practiced Christian Speech Judo.
>>
>>78895621
Well, that's beyond my skill set. Which English translation has minimal infusion of SJW degenerate interpretation?
>>
>>78895692
I already do.
>>
>>78895781

Pray to god for the knowledge.
>>
>>78895782

Thank you anon. I will achieve greatness on the back of your belief.
>>
>>78895754
So the axioms are true because they are axioms and axioms are true because they are axioms

You just assume they are true

That's no different than me saying the bible is the word of God because it says it is
>>
>>78895755
>Proving god exists is a simple question, don't delude it and deflect with your practiced Christian Speech Judo.
Proving there is anything that can be known, and that you can know it is a simple question. Don't delude it and deflect it with your practiced skeptical speech judo.

If you do not have a theory of knowledge that can be appealed to, why on earth should we engage with you about whether or not something is true?
>>
>>78895781
KJV or Douay Rheims lad, some things might be a bit archaic, so it's best to cross reference with another Bible version.
>>
>>78895223
And to you as well.
>>
>>78895755
Fine
Blue sleeps faster than Wednesday
>>
>>78895052
My fiance had visions similar visions and was told to move to Rural Eastern Washington. We are also Post Rapture Tribulation believers so we have been setting money off to the side each payday and preparing supplies. Which tribulation or not has come in handy especially last year with the wildfires.

Though I have this thought thay keeps on entering my head that tells me to keep on my best behavior. Since when the poop hits the fan people will need more help than ever to be guided toward HIS path.
>>
File: 1439386680658.png (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1439386680658.png
29 KB, 480x480
>>78895922

You're a retard.
>>
>>78895948
Thanks. Just looking for a reasonable starting point
>>
>>78895643

>And the difference is the theist proposes an explanation for the truth of that external reality rather than taking it for granted.

You must have been raised at Bible camp if you think theists are the only people focusing on this.
>>
>>78895941

You're right, it's a logical fallacy.

absence of evidence, as with most things that don't exist.

Thanks for admitting it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.