[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D-Did the UK seriously mess up with Brexit? I-I head that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: nervous_twiddling.gif (208 KB, 354x534) Image search: [Google]
nervous_twiddling.gif
208 KB, 354x534
D-Did the UK seriously mess up with Brexit? I-I head that they are going to get fucked when all their manufacturing and banks leave town. I-Is this true?
>>
You won't know for years if it was a good idea or not. I think it could be good on the whole but we won't know for a while.
>>
Stop stuttering you fucking fag
>>
"Muh manufacturing" is wishful thinking. Britain doesn't have any to lose.

Britain's economy is based around financial services, and these will only become more attractive without EU regulations. German bankers' decisions are guided by profit, not patriotism.
>>
>>78783269
This. You're trying too hard to sound coy and instead it makes you look like a faggot.
>>
>>78783053
Depends entirely on the deals we get.

This is because, as of now, and unlike the other 27 member states of the European Union, we have the right - and increasingly in this world - the privilege, of being the masters of our own fate.
>>
File: nextlevelprobably.png (365 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
nextlevelprobably.png
365 KB, 800x450
>>
Don't worry there still should be a lot of hedge fund jobs left even if the banks scram!
>>
>>78783720
And when I say "a lot", I mean about 1/3 of the amount in New York.
>>
>>78783053
>Manufacturing
Nothing has been fucking manufacturing harder than EU regulations. Apart from Thatcher, that is.

>Banks leave town
UK infrastructure, laws and education is stronk. The banks ain't going anywhere.

>>78783187
>You won't know for years if it was a good idea or not. I think it could be good on the whole but we won't know for a while.
>>
>>78783053
The manufacturers fucked off ages ago
>>
It's too soon to tell. I mean the remain camp still don't accept they've lost, kek
>>
>>78783053
The drop was due to uncertainty. What will actually happen depends on how they renegotiate the trade deals with the EU. The EU makes up most of their trading, if they don't get a good deal they're fucked.
>>
>>78783889
The EU exports far more to the UK than the UK exports to Europe.
>>
File: tumblr_mqe6n4NFFk1qzvtljo1_500.gif (637 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqe6n4NFFk1qzvtljo1_500.gif
637 KB, 500x281
>>78783053
It doesn't matter anon. What matters is FREEDOM and the fact we kicked /leftypol/ loonies and big world government shills in the ass, all thanks to a british-japanese girl from a chinese cartoon.
>>
File: 1345033783304.png (2 MB, 1748x2480) Image search: [Google]
1345033783304.png
2 MB, 1748x2480
Maybe the UK will let in lots of Japanese animators and create a flourishing Anime and 2D game industry.
>>
>>78783495
>financial regulations are a bad thing
Well made regulations are the cornerstone to a functioning financial system.
It'll be years before the UK change their regulations, they've been in the eu so long they don't have any other.
>>
File: 1447972930821.gif (332 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1447972930821.gif
332 KB, 720x405
>>78783995
True miracle.
>>
we're completely fucked, all the leave campaign forefronters went back on their promises, the pound has dropped, france have overtaken us as a superpower and brussels is going to come down on us like a ton of bricks. We'll most likely follow norway's model where we will still have to follow free passage of migrants and pay into the eu, just without any benefits.
>>
>>78784014
I'd be fine fine with that. Our game industry has been shit for years now.
>>
>>78783978
With the pound dropping that makes those imports more expensive
>>
>>78783978
Which means all your stuff will become more expensive.
The EU is also far more massive. You're tiny compared to them. And they have 27 member states to trade with, the UK will have to shift to Asia as a trading partner if the deal is unfavorable. And you'll get no extra friendly treatment like with the EU.
>>
>>78783053
Nah, they'll be fine. They did good, we're so proud of them.. They just gotta rest and recollect for a bit :)
>>
>>78783053
Scare tactics for other nations.
Ofc there will be a readjusting phase but nothing too serious.
I mean look at us for the past 5 years, worth a fragment of UK's power and I still haven't seen anyone dying of hunger.
>>
What are the chances for Japan-UK union instead?

There are a lot of jobs that need doing here if the working classes there want jobs. It could be a perfect arrangement.
>>
>>78785366
Politically? Zero. Economically a free trade deal is possible.
>>
>>78785366
If we get rid of customs charges, I'll boost your economy by over two billion pounds each year by buying gunpla. Then you won't need to worry about jobs so much.
>>
I want to import UK builders here to make nice housing. They would just have to learn Japanese, local regulation and earthquake-defence techniques.
>>
>>78786461

Or you could just get robots to do it.
>>
>>78784912
I have
a stray cat in my neighborhood
rip Heracles
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.