[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did /pol/ get so religious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: jesus-statue--1.jpg (27 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
jesus-statue--1.jpg
27 KB, 660x440
For the amount of redpilling on /pol/, I'm surprised at the prevalence of religion on here. Can someone explain this to me?

Not knocking religion, FYI, it's just not what I would have expected from /pol/. We're very evidence and proof-oriented, which is not always a trait that is common in religious forums.
>>
File: 1465930634884.png (119 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465930634884.png
119 KB, 250x250
>>78742902
What do you mean we, (((white))) man?
>>
>>78742902
As long as people fear judgement from a higher power, we can avoid wide spread degeneracy
>>
Magic
>>
>>78744923

2/3 is .666666666666666 ad infinitum
>>
File: 1457576751479.jpg (782 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1457576751479.jpg
782 KB, 1632x1224
>>78742902
Religion is the only way to preserve pic related.
>>
>>78742902
>muh ebidense

Fedoralord faggots yet again unable to grasp religion and its purpose.
>>
File: 1458441774971.png (497 KB, 682x478) Image search: [Google]
1458441774971.png
497 KB, 682x478
>>78742902
Raised in a wholesome complete family with a father, mother 2 siblings and a dog.
>>
>>78742902
It's not so much that religion is good on its own merit. It's that it preserves traditions in a way secular morality can't seem to do. I lament the fall of Christianity because it leads to modern degeneracy.
>>
>>78742902
Civilization is pretty much synonymous with religion. There has never been civilization without a religion that binds it together. (I'm counting Marxism as a religion)

Anyone that cares about civilization cares about its preservation, which is to say he cares about traditional and religious values.

Right-wing atheists are in contradiction, they don't understand that atheism belongs to the Marxist religion, be it classical or cultural Marxism.

Almost all atheists are left wing to one degree or another, and vice versa.

There's no such thing as "Western Civilization", there's only Christendom, and it can only survive while we have strong Christian values. If you care about this civilization, you better care about Christianity, otherwise you might as be leftist cuck.
>>
Literally just people trying to be edgy and disagree with liberals.
>>
Christians are a loud minority we have done countless of polls with the same results, atheists and agnostics are the majority
>>
>>78745332
5 siblings, 5 dogs, all atheists sans the dogs.
inb4 hurr niggers, all 8 humans in my family are pale and blue eyed.
>>
>>78745633
Checkin that truth.
>>
>>78745086
What exactly, do you just mean family structure?

>>78745099
Way to miss the entire point of the post. Go back to stormfront, retard.

>>78745574
Do you think there's any way to preserve your version of morality through secular motivations? Or can people only be motivated through spirituality?

>>78745574
What about religions of degeneracy, like Islam? How can we make sure that we aren't encouraging or enabling those religions in our pursuit of religious acceptance/freedom?

>>78745633
Can society reach a point where it values self-preservation and tradition for their own merits, rather than through religious motivators?
>>
>>78742902
religion is needed to keep order, it's irrelevant whether or not god exists
>>
How lomg have you been here for? Modern /pol/ is filled with knee-jerk contrarians against leftism. Many uphold religion not for its own value, but just to oppose le edgy atheism or muh degeneracy.
>>
>>78746119
We all need an overall model of how the cosmos work across all scales. That's what I call religion. You can have an atheistic materialistic religion if you want, one that's not based on the existence of a higher power, rather on pure existentialism, but I think it's clear that such a society is self destructive in the long run.

The only way you can get people to act in the way that preserves and adds legacy is when they have a proper relationship with a higher power.

When you fall for the existentialism meme that consciousness is just a cosmic accident and there's no objective truth that justifies human existence you become a Marxist, you believe everything is subjective and the history of the world is just a bunch of groups of people trying to impose their subjective values on each other.

And that is exactly what SJWs believe and why they don't care about objective truth, like biological gender, sexual dimorphism, the self destructive nature of homosexualism, the importance of the family, the superiority of certain cultures over others, etc.

A civilization that is able to preserve itself is one that's guided by objective truth, which is one that believes in a creator God that orders reality and whom we should obey.
>>
>>78746119
Promoting morality and decency is possible through secular means. It's just a lot harder. People have the dangerous idea that if what they're doing doesn't physically hurt someone else, it's fine (e.g. adultery, drug abuse, loose sexual morality, rejection of tradition for subversive countercultures). I don't know of an equally effective secular alternative to maintain moral decency.

Regarding Islam, we should have no problem with declaring Christian supremacy over the West. After all, it was primarily Christians, at the very least cultural Christians, who built the modern Western world. I'm not suggesting we impose a theocracy, just that we realize that this society has certain values that we aren't willing to give up to Muslims or degenerate atheist communists.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.