[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real Politik
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1466871937769.png (675 KB, 1722x1159) Image search: [Google]
1466871937769.png
675 KB, 1722x1159
Simple question Britbongs real talk time. Would you give Gibraltar to Spain if they were to veto Scotland's proposal to join the EU.

I think that's what will happen if the SNP get too uppity about shit.
>>
As a scot, yes please. I don't want to become independent.

Would this happen? Nope. Gibraltar means nothing to spain compared with the separatist movements they have, and would veto in any situation. Belgium is also near the same situation with the Flemish/Wallonian divide.

Also, the reason why most Remain politician don't agree with a second referendum is that it would gives legitimacy to the same effort in the Scottish referendum.
>>
>>78721523
>realpolitik

Spain won't recognise Scotland into the EU because it will give legitimacy to their separatist movements, giving them co-sovereignty or total control over the Rock won't change that
>>
>>78721868
Are you certain. What about other players who just want to harm the UK to remove a rival.
>>
>>78721523

Gibraltar is a huge tactical position in the Mediterranean.

The government wouldn't give up the Falklands, which is mostly simple farms. Theirs no way at all they will give up Gibraltar with out some sort of war.
>>
>>78721973
Realistically there are too many separatist movements in Europe for Scotland to get into the EU

Porridge wogs won't join anyway because they overestimate their importance, the EU terms to them won't be favorable. They would have to spend years outside the EU before getting in at best.

They want to keep the stirling for christs sake, they are like children.
>>
>>78722244
Why would they let Scotland go to their largest rival (EU) without a shot being fired then.
>>
>>78721973
>Remove a rival

Doesn't work that way with the EU. Threats from other members are minimal and losing trade is a much bigger threat.
>>
>>78722585
You are a Rival now whether you like it or not (unless you didn't really want independence after all) the mere existence of a free and prosperous Britain outside of the EU is a threat to the autocrats in Brussels who say no nation can survive outside of the Euro on their own.

They can't control you anymore although i think they are trying their best to dilute your brexit vote down to a version of EU lite and retain some policy control.
>>
>>78723097
Again, it doesn't work like this. We're too dependent on eachothers trade to 'make a rival of', this isn't the Cold War. As much as the EU may want us to fail to make an example of and protect their union, they also are much more scared of their economy being hit.
>>
>>78723382
Doesn't matter i just read Sturgeon got told to fuck off by the EU.
>>
>>78723720
source?
>>
File: scoootland ded.jpg (114 KB, 1024x483) Image search: [Google]
scoootland ded.jpg
114 KB, 1024x483
>>78724164
Don't know if it is bullshit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.