[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we let old people vote?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: 1435393302762.png (65 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
1435393302762.png
65 KB, 800x526
Should we let old people vote?
>>
Only when they support my cause.
>>
>18-24 year old's knowing anything about the fucking world

they're still fucking children
>>
>>78615665
>Should we let those who have much more experience than others vote?

A society grows great when old men plant seeds whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
>>
>wtf they didn't vote for what I wanted them to vote for BAN OLD PEOPLE VOTING!!!!
>>
>>78615665
yes, if you believe in democracy. Unqualified, uneducated people get to vote because a vote is a right in a democracy. You could know with 100% certainty that you were gonna die tomorrow and still have the right to vote

There's an argument to be made that you should have to earn the right the vote, but I don't think leftists are willing to make such an argument
>>
>>78615890
This. Most old people have a lot of life experience and knowledge.
I can't wait for Brexit to be an absolute success. There is going to be so much mental gymnastics.
>>
I think we shouldn't let anybody over the age of 5 vote. I mean, 5 year olds are going to live longer than everybody over 5 and thus live with the results longer. It only makes sense.

Plus, old people are dumb and senile XD especially that David Dimbleby idyit, what does he know.
>>
>>78615753

/thread
>>
>>78615665
This is proof that we must increase the voting age requirement to 45 years old. Get some living in you and then you get to decide something, motherfuckers.
>>
If anything we should raise the minimum voting age.
>>
>>78616075
yeah because then no niggers or faggots would get to vote.
>>
>>78615665
You're old for longer than you're young.
>>
>>78615665
the pattern you see is the rate of brainwashing wearing off. its not just old generations

in america liberals always claim that in 10 years they will be the majority since the 70s. but they always lose support

the voting age should be raised to 25
>>
>>78615665
Can you stop them? What if you're outvoted? What if they decide <you're> not old enough to vote?
>>
>>78616537
precisely, chummo
>>
>>78615665
>Democracy works only when I win

kek
>>
That chart is basically life experience beating all the cuck out of your average person. Life isn't idealism, faggots.
>>
I actually had my brother tell me that old people shouldn't be allowed to vote since they are going to die before young people.

Is liberalism a disease? Is it okay to discriminate based on age in this current year period?
>>
>>78615665
If anything, we shouldn't let young people vote. They can't into critical decisions and rational thinking.
>>
>>78615665
>lower voting age for the referendum
>extend registering time for lazy dumb students
>extend polls for lazy dumb students who dont like getting wet
>still lose

Consider this a life lesson
Get up early and get to work
>>
>>78615665
>People are actually talking about this now
Kek, the butthurt is real

Tell me, why should the vote of some young punk who doesn't know anything be worth more than an old man with decades of experience on the Earth? Throughout history, elders have been respected for their wisdom.

We clearly see a pattern that as people get older they get more and more conservative, doesn't this mean that these views are more correct? Since the liberal views of the youth are largely influenced by their prescription doses of propaganda.

It doesn't speak well of the liberals that as soon as people leave the schools and encounter the real world they instantly start turning into conservatives in large numbers
>>
These are probably the same people that voted to join the ECC so they understand the effects of the EU, what life was live before the EU and the power creep of the EU.
>>
More evidence that 18-24 shouldn't vote. They were the biggest boosters of Obama in 2008, and Bernie Sanders this year. They're fucking dumb as fuck. Repeal the Twenty-sixth Amendment, and make the voting age 21 again, please, with an exception for anyone in the military.

The source for this are the same polls that said Remain would win, so how accurate is their information anyway? Also, this has been post 100 times today on /pol/, you guys are faggots for spreading the Left's memes.

Younger people in Britain are less white than elderly, and honestly, that probably played more into this than age.
>>
King cuck said it best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ABg0Vnpo50
>>
>>78615665
I'd never ask anyone under 30 for advice on anything.
>>
>>78615665
Man, I had no fucking clue until I was somewhere around 25-30. Wouldn't be surprised if most of the spoiled brats grow up to look back on this and be ashamed of themselves and would then vote exactly like those elder people now.
>>
>>78615665
Age correlates with wisdom, folks. There was a reason the original Constitution only allowed those over the age of 21 to vote, and it is why the founders of America put in place restrictions of how old different members of government must be when elected with increasing age requirements from representative up to President.

When your youth go out into this new Britain and gain some maturity, they will gradually come to see this was the best choice.
>>
File: vote by demographic.jpg-large.jpg (219 KB, 1123x1053) Image search: [Google]
vote by demographic.jpg-large.jpg
219 KB, 1123x1053
>>78615665

Why are people pushing this narrative that it was down the to the auld fuckers, when in fact it was unskilled and skilled working class who were most fervent in their support for leave.
>>
>>78615665

18-24 year olds also had a terrible turnout rate, as in every other election that's ever been held.

They're the ones to blame, not people with different opinions.
>>
File: 1441236296194.jpg (270 KB, 1366x708) Image search: [Google]
1441236296194.jpg
270 KB, 1366x708
tfw part of the 18-24 bracket the did are nige proud
>>
Anyone who disagrees with me should not be allowed to vote, because I, a random liberal on the internet, deserve all the power over every single country in the world.
>>
>>78615665
No, the masses shouldn't be allowed to vote.
In a democratic society though, absolutely.
>>
>>78617670
same lad, feels good
>>
If women voted for leave in large numbers, I'm sure we'd be discussing whether or not we should let women vote right now
>>
Why do the youth think its their right to give Western Civ away? Much better men than live today created this gem. It is not our right to give the future away.
>>
Age isn't the problem, it's intelligence.There are a lot of old stupid people with experience oozing out of their collective asses.
>>
>>78615665
Votes below age 30 were a mistake, votes for unmarried women were a mistake.
>>
>>78618384

this is the a breakdown of a sample of the world views of those who voted
>>
Because they actually went out and voted instead of crying at the result. The 18-24 bracket had lowest voter turnout out of any of the age groups.
>>
File: WORLD VIEWS.jpg (150 KB, 1200x1183) Image search: [Google]
WORLD VIEWS.jpg
150 KB, 1200x1183
>>78618504
>>
>>78615665
yes, but only if they are male.
same if they are young.
males only for voting.
>>
Alot of these butthurt young people weren't even around when the fucking EU was formed, but they somehow feel they know what's better for their nation than people that lived through it all.
>>
>>78618597
wow this should eliminate any doubts
>>
>>78615890
B-but im 20 and support Brexit and Trump
>>
File: 1436962567951.jpg (43 KB, 789x960) Image search: [Google]
1436962567951.jpg
43 KB, 789x960
LMAO OMFG THIS THREAD IS SO GOLD.
SO MUCH SALT.
19 AND I VOTED LEAVE.

<---- REMAIN VOTERS LMAOOOOO
>>
>>78615890

>forgetting that 90% of pol is in that age range
>>
>>78616075
How about being actively deployed on military service gives you right to vote?
>>
>>78617580

Jesus, the 18-24 almost destroyed this nation forever
>>
>>78618597
Where did they get this information from? They don't ask these questions when you get polled; I certainly did not.
>>
>>78616101
No gymnastics. It won't be an instant success, there will be a short downtrend period, and that's all the left needs.
>>
>>78616178
This actually ends up working better than you'd think because most 5-year-olds will copy their parents' stances, and the leftists don't breed.
>>
>>78615665
Butthurt brainwashed children lol
>>
>>78619073
yeah but we can admit that a good majority of those our age group are shitstains.
>>
>>78619073
>Stefan Molyneux and Milo Yiannopoulos are 24 years old
>>
>>78615665
shows indoctrination and fear of being outcasted and called names can determined who you should vote f or.
>>
>>78615665

While you have people under 30 voting? Sure. Both are idiots.
>>
>>78615665
Okay, restricted to everyone eligible for the draft, well that means that only straight white/black males can vote, doubt the left would go for that one.
>>
>>78619203

Imagine how the europhiles feel, just 30 more years until their poisonous narrative infected the minds of our whole nation. So close Junker, yet so far.
>>
>people who remember a time before the EU voted to leave the EU
>>
The vote happened at a very fortunate time. had they waited 1 more generation of people who had known nothing but the EU in their lifetime UK wouldn't have gotten all of it's sovereignty back.
>>
>>78619073
>/pol/
>not the minority in political thought among people their own age
>>
>>78619227

Lord Ashcroft, who has built his entire political career on creating and understanding opinion polls. He conducted opinion polls for the vote.

>>78619203

Again, you're not understanding the point. The big voters for leave were unskilled and skilled working class.
>>
>>78619552
Juncker has been surprisingly cool about this whole thing. He's said he doesn't want to lose the UK as a trading partner even after we leave and he called Cameron out for lying to the UK about renegotiations. He's still a faceless bureaucrat cunt enforcing red tape but at least he has been pretty impartial.
>>
Yes, you young whippersnappers don't know what the hell you're doing.
>>
>>78619073
/pol/ shouldn't have the right to vote either

only tax-paying citizens
>>
>>78615890
FUCKING THIS!!!!
/thread
>>
File: 1466675007615.png (693 KB, 665x1099) Image search: [Google]
1466675007615.png
693 KB, 665x1099
>>78615665
>Old people should like ohmygawsh, not like be allowed to vote becus like it's 2016

Gotta love this new narrative the liberal kike media is rolling out.
>>
>>78615665

Libtard students almost fucked us over big time, they know nothing about the world, I really hope all the liberal propaganda wears off as they age and their views become more conservative, but I honestly doubt it.

Fucking hate my generation.
>>
>>78615665
its generally understood that older people are more experienced and wiser than younger people.

I think young unemployed people shouldn't be allowed to vote
>>
>>78615665
No, you shouldn't,
Fucking old faggots are about to die, yet they decide about the future.
Fucking idiot brits.
>>
File: 1466523656995.gif (2 MB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
1466523656995.gif
2 MB, 200x133
>>78618597
jebus.. all this indoctrinated youths..
>>
>>78615967
>World has been always been ruled by old people, see how fucked up it is.
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>78615967
Wouldn't that be nice.
Instead old men are currently chopping down trees to rebuild build their collapsing houses everywhere around the world.
>>
>>78620548
They're 65 not fucking 90.
>>
>>78615665

Yes because we're not totalitarian leftcucks who hold no value for human life and the only thing that matters is "the greater good" vision of a utopia that can't be made and is a suicidal project to undertake.
>>
>>78620621
I don't think you understand the quote...
>>
>>78615665
Isn't that just a prediction on how the vote would be if everyone from each generation did vote?
>>
>>78621016
>suicidal project
Please elaborate; what is worse case scenario, in your eyes?
>>
>>78616101
It doesn't matter how successful it is, the Left will still try to convince everyone it was a failure. They do the same shit every time. Just look at how they pretend the Reagan economy wasn't amazing.
>>
>>78616744
because liberals always change, conservatives want to always stay the same. by the time you get old you want things to stay the same, or if you were lucky, you have enough money that republicans (at least in america) help you more then liberals.

a good point for me.

i have chronic pain caused by arthritis and tendonitis, in 28, and if i take pain meds prescribed for me, i will be dead within 2 years.

if pot was legalized, i would be able to have some pain management for all my waking hours, and never have to make a judgement call on "is it bad enough yet?"

and it wouldn't kill me.

when i was working, all i could get a job for was minimum wage, unless i want to sink upwards 200k into college or be part of a trade, that is getting so fucked over currently that would would be a bad call to make for later life.

if minimum wage kept up with cost of liveing, it would be around 15, inflation, around 20 an hour.

then conservatives give massive fuck off tax breaks to people who move all operations out of country... the fuck for? who does that help but the insanely wealthy?

liberalism has its issues, but conservatives have fucked me harder then anyone else.
>>
>>78621016
Given that a lot of leftcucks seem to be genocidal when it suits them I'm not sure that's what they actually want
>>
Maybe the youth voters should get out and actually vote if they have such a problem. I guess that would take away from whatever it is they do.
>>
>>78621372
1984 comes true, without the people old enough to have read and UNDERSTOOD it
>>
File: 1453028241029.png (191 KB, 984x734) Image search: [Google]
1453028241029.png
191 KB, 984x734
>>78616195
THIS ISNT NEA ZEALAND RARE GUYS R A R E
>>
>>78617580
Wow, women did vote the same as man for once.
>>
>>78617227
at some point their decades old views stop being for the betterment of the country and instead are a pining for the good old days.

I honestly believe that to vote you should be young enough to not retire, and if you have over 10 million in wealth, you should not get to be involved in the process at all.

this way we get people who are forwarding the country to vote, and we get rid of people who would pay to misinform or to pay off politicians the fuck out.
>>
>>78617043
underrated post
>>
>>78616904
from a reformed idealist, this.
>>
More like, should we let young people vote.

18–24 year olds don't even have jobs. They have no idea how market works, they're just fresh out of college where they have been injected for years with bluepill, while mostly living off their parents money. They've earned nothing yet. Honestly, I think voting age should be higher, because today young people are pampered for way longer than in early XXth century, when people who married and found jobs at 18 were everywhere.

Older people have made it this far. They saw the history with their own eyes. They have worked their whole lives, they know their decisions will impact them. They can see through lies and promises of politics. They don't make rash decisions like teens do.
>>
>>78620376
depends on the views.
I want to spend as little money as possible to fix a problem.

get rid of for profit prisons.
a jail should rehabilitate if you are going to get out, or lock you away if you are going to stay, not be the criminal version of collage. would cost us less in the long run, possibly lower recidivism rates, overall net positive.

we should house the homeless with the cheapest housing we can afford, as in the long run we spend less on them then if we don't. work with them to get them either the help they need to make a future for themselves, or get them the care they need if they can never be fit for society.

we should make all drugs legal (outside of certain very problematic ones like pcp) because the war on drugs failed, the prison system is fucked, and it costs us more then if we just made them legal. we can look toward other countries that legalized bad shit and see use actually goes down when you can get help, we also would be taking a big portion of a black market and kneecapping it.

all liberal positions that would have benefits if enacted.

however, pot could end a big chunk of drug profits,
private prisons also heavily profit
and casting a class of people as the real people fucking you over makes you look away from who really is.

oh, and one thing, importing a culture who clashes with you IS NEVER AS GOOD THING, if they want to escape that culture, fuking have at it, but if you want to bring that shit culture with you then fuck off.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.