[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teens fired from Pizza Shop for complaining about wage gap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: ss+(2016-06-24+at+07.32.47).jpg (103 KB, 773x440) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-24+at+07.32.47).jpg
103 KB, 773x440
http://fox4kc.com/2016/06/17/teens-say-they-were-terminated-for-discussing-pay-hours-after-getting-hired-at-legends-pizza-shop/

>excitement turned to confusion after Jake told her, he was making $8.25 an hour. She was hired for $8 an hour. The two are the same age, have the same amount of experience and were hired for the same position.

/pol/ care to explain???
>>
>equal experience means equal skill at performing a task
Some people actually work harder and produce better quality products than others.
>>
>dumb woman can't even hold a job for an hour without complaining and gossiping
>>
now they make $0/hour
>>
>>78544340
kek

>>78544326
why was he offered 25 cents more though? I know the wage gap is bullshit on the whole, but still seems like a noticeable discrepancy. I assume they're both just high school kids.
>>
>>78543837
>incoming bullshit story blowing out of proportion.
>>
I just got a job and got a higher hourly pay by simply asking for it. It isn't hard.
>>
>>78544468
considering i don't know anything about this and a lot of info is omitted i can't tell you why obviously

it is the guy who hired them who decided their wages, he decided the wages for a reason
>>
>>78544681
you just think one had a better GPA or worked at a Taco Bell before or interviewed better or something? That's my guess.
>>
>>78544468
maybe he took the weekend hours that most teens don't want to work
>>
>>78544468
Maybe he worked there for a longer time. At my old job you got a 25 cent raise every 6 months or something like that.
>>
File: wut.jpg (19 KB, 262x236) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
19 KB, 262x236
>>78544468
>Noticeable discrepancy between the pay of one person who got a raise and one person who didn't

wew lad
>>
>>78545573
they got hired like a day apart. Only thing I coudl imagine is one interviewed better or had a better resume
>>
>>78543837

I watched 2 girls get a pay bump at my highschool job. We worked there for the same amount of time. It was only $.50 but I was upset about it. Talked to my boss and he wouldn't raise it for me.

Whatever, I just ate more of their delicious food for free.
>>
>>78544468
Could've been in the interview, maybe he said he'd work extra hours if needed etc and she said no.
Liberals are trying to force equality of outcome.
>>
File: anon delivers.jpg (88 KB, 854x770) Image search: [Google]
anon delivers.jpg
88 KB, 854x770
>>78543837
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWBXbGVyQU
>>
You are not allowed to talk with colleagues about your wage, atleast in germany.
>>
>>78544468
I would guess the guy was better at negotiating his income, where the bitch probably just sat there and said o.k, like all those bitches do, just to complain afterwards abou muahh wage gap
>>
>>78543837
<$10 a week diff. <$600 yearly diff.

The health care plan they chose would've had a bigger impact on their cashflow
>>
>>78543837

ASK FOR MORE MONEY YOU FUCKING CUNTS

THEY DON'T JUST GIVE OUT MONEY FOR FUCK ALL REASONS

HURRRRRR MUH WAGES

grow the fuck up
>>
>>78546427
What a piece of shit propaganda. It doesn't say anything at all. Rather positive nor negative.
Just the definition of shit faturing a semi attractive bitch
>>
File: argument.jpg (17 KB, 720x533) Image search: [Google]
argument.jpg
17 KB, 720x533
>>78547635
Read the description Adolf
>>
>>78544468
Were they hired at the same time? What they offer changes and its not always easy to drop pay of existing hires
>>
>>78547860
Guy got job at the start of the day, girl later the same day, both fired by end of the day. I can only assume they had enough workers or he interviewed better
>>
>>78544468
>why was he offered 25 cents more though?
probably because he knows how to negotiate unlike the dumb female who accepted the first offer.
>>
>>78543837
There will come a time when it is common knowledge that the holocaust was a lie.

But we will STILL believe women are paid less, because we love the oppressed women meme.
>>
>>78547748
>muh waifu

fuck off.
>>
>>78543837
Libs had to search so hard for proof that theres a wage gap, they FINALLY found it after years in some shitty pizza shop where two kids get paid differently

This is a meme in itself
>>
>>78544468
>Hey do you want to work for $8
>sure

>Hey do you want to work for $8
>can I work for $9
>what about $8.25
>sure

I will bet my arms and legs this is exactly what happened
>>
>>78543837
Probably because he asked for it.
>>
>>78544468
They offered him more because they expected him to do more.

My very first job I was hired at $10/HR, working the graveyard shift with one girl making $9.50/HR and one other making $11/HR.

I was bumped up to $11/HR within a month, and $11.50 within three. The girl who started at $11.00 stayed the same, but when she found out I was making more she was she started whining about how sexist it was.
>>
I was hired at a fast food place couple of years back.

I made 9.45 an hour.

Another girl and another guy (they're about the same age, younger than I was) were hired weeks after. They made 10$ an hour.

Only, they were students and have to work part time, so I ended up making a lot more than they did in the same amount of time.

It could be that she was available for more hours than the other person, therefore makes less per hour.
>>
>>78543837
its nothing new, women just dont negotiate. i worked at walmart as a kid and they tried to start people off at minimum wage, some people were stupid enough to accept that and others did their homework and negotiated a normal pay
>>
>>78547748
>molyjew speak
>>>/trash/
>>
>>78543837
>You can be fired for discussing wages.

It's the fucking jews.
>>
>>78543837
That's illegal.
If true, both of those kids gonna get paid.
>>
>>78543837
Lmao, white knight faggot probably thought he'd get some pussy from this too.
>>
>>78545940
Or the guy simply asked for more money.

>Guy: How about $9/hr?

>Manager: $8.25?

>Guy: Deal.

The girl probably didn't attempt any sort of negotiation.
>>
>>78543837

I've had a job where discussing wages was a sackable offence.

It was a bank.
>>
>>78544468
Maybe he checked that he coukd work any day any shift and she only wanted to work weekdays.

Nobody knows why except the owner and it sounds like he handled it
>>
>>78543837
Because it has nothing to do with gender, it's negotiation. Companies can legally pay you for what they feel is the right amount based on what you try to negotiate for. He probably wrote down what he felt he should be paid for, she either didn't, or wrote less.

I remember I started 10 cents higher then most other people at my current job because I simply wrote it down that way.

There are also women that just got hired that are starting almost a whole dollar more then I did. I still make more then them because of raises, but still. Negotiating is KEY to making more money at the start of your career.
>>
>>78543837
I make 7.35 an hour while 2 newly hired females at my job make 8 an hour. They do a worse job than me and their only claim to fame is that they have "experience". Wage gap huh?
>>
>>78553445
Learn to negotiate. In the real world people get varying payments for the same job because we each have set different values for our labor based on our needs and wants.
>>
>>78554004
weird
my post randomly tagged you
>>
>>78543837
It's as if men are more likely to negotiate for a better salary than women or something
>>
>>78554065
It's ok. Weird shit happens.
>>
If the dumb bitch would shut the fuck up they would've kept their jobs.
>>
>>78544615
This desu
You negotiate a pay when you get hired
Obviously he made a better deal
I would know, I make a lot of deals
>>
It was the opposite when I was in high school desu. They'd hire the pretty girls and pay them more for bringing in customers or some bullshit
>>
>>78544340
well memed. Serves her right.
>>
>muh negotiation
Wouldn't he just have told this to her if he negotiated?
>>
>>78554629
>what is being a cuck
>>
>>78543837
A three percent pay gap. The oppression!
>>
>>78554629

Its true though, I worked contracts for more pay and did less hours than some dumb cucks who didn't ask for more money. And all of us are male. I just lied and told those cucks I make the same as them though so they wouldnt be salty
>>
>>78543837
>Teens say
>Say

IN THE FIRST FECKING SENTENCE
>>
>>78554629
Most people don't realize how much it really affects things, or they forget about it after some time.

Feelings running wild also changes your opinions on issues.

>Oh no, this girl that I somewhat like isn't making as much as me. I feel that this is WRONG
>>
>>78543837
It comes down to negotiating what you can get, chances are the guy was a bit more pushy as to what his pay was during the interview.
>>
File: dlwomen.jpg (21 KB, 300x407) Image search: [Google]
dlwomen.jpg
21 KB, 300x407
mfw the Manager who hired them was a woman
>they're eating their own
>>
>>78544468
>why was he offered 25 cents more though?
Because he was hired because he can make pizzas and actually produce something of worth.

She was hired because she has a cunt and a pair of tits to appeal to customers. They don't have the same job.
>>
File: mfw1.jpg (173 KB, 2000x1922) Image search: [Google]
mfw1.jpg
173 KB, 2000x1922
>>78543837

>Be me at 21
>White dude
>Work at distribution warehouse
>Make 2$ more an hour then the beaners at my work
>They think it's because i'm white
>It's actually because i interviewed directly with the company and they interviewed with (((staffing agency)))
>That 2$ i get that they don't goes to the (((staffing agency)))
>Beaners mad as fuck
>MFW
>>
>>78557054

Trust, the staffing agency gets far more then that.

I was desperate for work, went to a staffing agency. I was paid, hourly, 25cents less then minimum wage (due to some legal grey area regarding staffing agencies in Canada, without going into detail)

So around 10.25 maple bucks an hour.

The company I was working for was paying the agency 18$ Canadian an hour, untaxed, with no reductions.

So basically I was making 10.25 taxable income, after taxes the agency was making the same.

Also, if you try and negotiate pay, they dont find you work.

I dont know how this is legal, seems like a loophole for cheap labor/not having to pay benefits.
>>
>>78557866
I've works for a couple of agencies and they've never taken more than $1-2/HR from me compared to equivalent workers with the actual company.

Sounds like you got jewed hard.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.