[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First CRISPR (gene-editing technology) Human Trial Approved in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Crispr.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Crispr.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
>An advisory panel at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has approved a proposal to use the gene-editing technology CRISPR on human cells. It’s the first trial involving humans to be approved in the U.S.

>Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania want to use CRISPR on immune system cells from approximately 18 people with cancer to ultimately help improve treatment. The first trial will test whether CRISPR is safe to use in people. The plan is for researchers to remove immune cells from people with melanoma, sarcoma or myeloma and edit them with CRISPR; the cells will then be put back into the men and women to see how they react.

http://time.com/4380352/crispr-human-trial-us/
(video included in the link)

How long before this is used by the US military to make the perfect solider?
>>
>>78537168
B U M P
U
M
P
>>
>>78537168
>How long before this is used by the US military to make the perfect solider?

If /v/ideo games have taught me anything
it'll create fucking zombies instead

In reality? It'll probably be the first thing to happen
>>
>>78537168
good.
hopefully test-tube babies begin outnumbering inbred, southern future-creationist republican retards.
we need more test-tube babies.
we need smarter humans.
>>
>>78537168
you watch too much Marvel
>>
Hopefully we can use it to make more beautiful smart white people instead of white cuck yankee nu-males
>>
File: image.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 429x410
Edit my genes so my kids don't get anxiety and ADHD for fucks' sake.
>>
>>78537168
Literally been using crispr in our lab on embryonic stem cells for 2 years now, it's hard as fuck to work in a human line and you can only knock in or out one gene can't guarantee single cell removal
>>
>>78537643
the only downside is you have to edit every set of cells in a grown human body, if they can develop a 'genomic package' then we're set for invitro alteration of individuals to become the perfect soldier

the ethical boundaries that would cross make my neurohelmet overheat
>>
>>78537643
In reality we'll probably solve safer minor problems like balding first, and then move up to things like diabetes and immune system problems.
>>
>>78538277
It's honestly not too far from that though. CRISPR is incredibly powerful technology that allows scientists to target precise sequences of genes and put in whatever new genetic information they want.
>>
>>78540130
>>78540361
All things in time, the technology will improve, and it will be used for "unethical" reasons, or countries like China will rocket ahead.
>>
>>78540737
Countries with less compunctions will abuse it, and while they'll fuck shit up a lot they'll also probably stumble upon stuff the safer methods would take a century to find and we'll all be better off for it. The hypothermia research situation, basically.
>>
>>78538599
>Not using talen
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.