[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brexit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1443280519476.jpg (72 KB, 331x562) Image search: [Google]
1443280519476.jpg
72 KB, 331x562
Lads, I'm an Englishman living close to the border in Northern Ireland.
People here are really scared.

What's going to happen to us?
>>
>>78489985
When people get used to their prison, freedom seems scary.
>>
>>78489985
What exactly are you worried about? Your country just secured its independence. Be happy.
>>
You have 2 years to pack up and move to England.

The Irish are coming.
>>
>>78489985
Scared of what exactly?

Btw, tyvm for leaving, maybe we can bring this beast down together.
>>
>>78489985
make sure to stock up on tendies.

You still got those english bats during those school riots?
>>
>>78490598
>>78490785

We travel to the Republic for things like fuel and groceries because it's cheaper to use Sterling in a Euro country,
We get about 30% extra petrol for buying in Sterling.

There are also people who live in the South and work in the North and vice versa, they're worried about border control.
>>
File: 1461980278589-b.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1461980278589-b.gif
2 MB, 450x450
>>78489985
You're gonna make England great again.
>>
>>78490942
I have heard on your BBC that you have an agreement with Ireland, not part of EU agreement, so this will not change.
>>
>>78489985

Dinosaurs will rise from the earth and wreak havoc upon all the Britain. The British will beg the EU to help them and the EU will whisper

'no'
>>
>>78489985
Freedom can be a scary thing to people who have been stripped of it for so long.
>>
>>78491110
That's true. There's the Common Travel Zone, which permits travel between the UK and ROI, but at the same time, the political party Sinn Fein want a referendum on the border, and since they pursue a united Ireland, it could cause more bother.
>>
>>78490942
I'm worried too fampai. I have family in Norn Iron and we get a tonne of shoppers at Christmas coming from Northern Ireland to our stores. NI also gets a tonne of shoppers from us going there as well. Not to mention how much welfare needs to be payed into NI.

But,at the end of the day. Pride>Economics

I hope you guys leaving might make us leave as well considering how much we trade with you.
>>
File: death_watching.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
death_watching.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Thoughts on my OC?
>>
>>78491299
Nobody will listen to Sinn Féin. Don't worry about this retards.
>>
Border controls will be phased in over two years if Cameron enacts article 50.
I hope he declares sovereignty within hours.
>>
>>78491415
Derry people here want to get on with their lives.
I'm sure we'll just go on as normal.

Long live cheap petrol in Donegal
>>
>>78489985
Soon.
>>
>>78491110
You're thinking of the Common Travel Arrangement, which means that Irish people can come and go to the UK as they please. Because the UK and Ireland are now going to be dealing with an external EU border, it's going to be obligatory for customs officers to be there to prevent the smuggling of goods to/from the UK. So the border will be like it was in 1993 and it'll take you an hour or so to cross from Northern Ireland to the ROI.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/eu-referendum/pm-cameron-warns-of-brexit-border-checks-for-travel-from-northern-ireland-to-rest-of-uk-34804071.html
>>
Time for you to leave, Sasanach.
>>
>>78491840
Is there a way for us to override that?
>>
Ireland joins UK when?
>>
>>78492666
Probably not, as a lot of the regulations pertain to the EU external border protocols, and individual member states cannot bargain about those sorts of things, only the EU as a whole (that's also why Gibraltar can't ask Spain to play nice). Maybe Ireland will reunify, but I don't think anyone's looking forward to Troubles 2.0
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.