[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>B-Brexit is good! >Pound and 30-year low L M A O ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
>B-Brexit is good!
>Pound and 30-year low

L
M
A
O

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/23/markets-live-will-sterling-surge-or-slump-as-the-eu-referendum-c/
>>
No one thinks brexit is good, that's why we're rejoicing
>>
>>78453029
A
>>
Because freedom and dignity are measured by the value of a currency
>>
The markets freak out at any sign of change.

It'll level out in a week and come back to normal in a month
>>
this only means investors are weary, nothing much
>>
>>78453029
>>78453293
FUCKING
>>
We did it Reddit!
>>
someone shop brendan friaser's hair onto a pound sign
>>
>>78452877
go away shill
>>
>>78452877
>Pound and 30-year low
It will all calm down soon enough. And then eventually it will collapse, as with all fiat currencies.
>>
>>78453615
>>78453501
>it'll be fine surely11!!!
>meanwhile worldwide market collapse
>biggest currency drops in pound and Euro history
>>
OP and other remain shills = completely and utterly blown the fuck out.
>>
File: bernie for president.gif (2 MB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
bernie for president.gif
2 MB, 228x228
>>78452877
oh no some globalist faggot bankers are losing some money!
>>
File: 1462487947957.jpg (77 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
1462487947957.jpg
77 KB, 800x522
>>78453029
Oh here he goes again. Look at you Canada, posting here thinking you just said some smart shit.

Out of all countries that post here Canadians are the ones that piss me off the most. Their entire fucking culture makes no sense. What exactly is it that you do? Wear flannel shirts and slurp syrup?

If I think of America I think of guns, pop culture and freedom. Sure, lots of ignorant baboons but at least they wear their retardation like a badge of honor, use it as a cultural identity, their flag promotes the unity of the country with all these stripes and stars.

Germany is orderly, a country that prides itself on its rules and their citizens who follow them. It's also the country with the biggest responsibility when it comes to destroying Europe with its two world wars and government sanctioned refugee crisis. Their flag waves strong colors, black, red and gold. A dominant flag for a dominant country.

Russia is strong and stubborn to a fault. They live hard lives and don't complain about it. Obviously the entire country is pretty much a shithole but it breeds strong people who can take care of themselves. Their flag represents the cold, the white, the blue but also the burning passion in the red, it all comes together to signify that their country is bleak but there is strength in that.

But Canada, what are they fucking known for? Being "nice", i guess? Is that your role in the world? Being fucking nice? That's not an achievement. Everyone can be nice. It's easy to be nice. You just don't have to say anything bad. So what did your fucking country decide to put on their flag to show the entire world what Canada is all about? A leaf. A FUCKING LEAF. You decided that you like to slurp your shitty syrup so damn much that you might as well put the fucking leaf that it's made of on the flag. You don't even respect your own country so why the hell should I.
>>
>>78452877
>muh pound

Who the fuck cares, anything is better than EU.
>>
>>78454302
>memewords
>Implying bankers are the only one getting screwed by the devaluation of currency
>>
I guess it's lucky domestic jobs in the UK don't depend partly on overseas investment, eh lads? ;^)
>>
>>78453029
>>78453293
>>78453666
LEAF
>>
>>78452877
>market over reaction
Wow this is totally unprecedented and has literally never happened before in the history of fiat currency.

Wait 24 hours and it'll be back to normal and a few people will be much richer.
>>
Is "Muh currency" really worth it if it means getting your family raped by Muslims, and arrested if you try defending yourself or spreading "Hate speech" on twitter?
>>
>>78452877
>the market might go down because of brexit
>you should sell because of the chance markets go down
>brexit happens
>SELL BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS
losses are based in fear, not fact.
>>
>>78454302
>I don't have any savings or need to buy anything from overseas

lel
>>
It's just a knee jerk thing. Britain beat the Muslims and that's the real victory today, preserving western civilization.
>>
>>78454891
>>78454926
Those aren't EU laws keeping you from doing those things, friend. The Uk is going to be as putrid as it was before, only now poor and in an economic downturn.
>>
>>78454445

Why don't you go jerk off to a pile of flags man?
>>
>m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-muh currency!

It will steadily rise over the coming months, do you literally have no knowledge of basic economics? It has to.

Everyone knew it would drop in the immediate aftermath of a Leave vote, stop acting like this is some kind of shock which proves Brexiters were wrong.

Plus, as others have said already ITT, we blew the fuck out of Merkel's dictatorship and Islam
>>
I think the globalist types would take down the world economy just to prove their point.
>>
>>78455220
>inb4 next terrorist attack
>>
File: vote remain today.jpg (64 KB, 470x651) Image search: [Google]
vote remain today.jpg
64 KB, 470x651
>>78452877
EXPORTS WILL INCREASE U DUMMY
WE WILL BE FINE, THE POUND HAS BEEN LOW BEFORE IN THE EU BUT EXPORTS WILL INCREASE. WE STILL HAVE 2 YEARS OF EU CUM TO SWALLOW
>>
>>78454983
>losses are based in fear, not fact.

They're based in fear of the fact that Britain's future is uncertain, its status in the world economy may fall, and its exit may well have fucked the EU.
>>
>>78455510
>EU has anything to do with Islam
>Brexiters are this stupid

>>78455534
>Memewords
>>
>>78452877

I called this yesterday. Now it's all over, contrarians gonna contrary and pretend they were Europhiles all along.
>>
Gotta be honest here. I'm actually glad we got out of Europe. I'm tired of getting accused of racism because I don't want human excrement from the middle east entering my country. Mudslimes too!
>>
>>78456053
Fuck off, we now have control over our borders. go suck juncker dick u mong. he was threatening us with economic bullshit for not accepting kebab
>>
>>78455510
actually, it's predicted it will fall to 1.3 against the dollar over the long term

>Against the euro, the pound dropped 7% to around €1.2085.

>The euro also fell 3.3% against the dollar, its biggest one-day fall since the currency's inception.

>Currency traders say these moves are more extreme than those seen during the financial crisis of 2008.

>"Never seen anything like it. These are once-in-a-lifetime moves, bigger than Lehmans and Black Wednesday, and we haven't even had the result yet," said Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital.

the fun part is that I'm sure everyone who voted Leave will still blame Europe for any long-term negative effects.
>>
>>78456358
>I'm tired of getting accused of racism for being racist.

If you got it, flaunt it.
>>
>>78455712
exports can only increase if we have more to export.

that requires more manufacturing which requires lower wages and a larger workforce, i.e. migrant workers

I'm so sorry, friend :)
>>
>>78454445

i agree, canada is the gayest nation there is
sometimes i think "should i move to canada?" and then i realize that i couldnt justify it later when my grandkids ask why i moved there. I literally couldnt tell you a reason why canada would be good for anything
>>
>>78456464
>we now have control over our borders

this is what some people really believe.
>>
>>78456546
>the fun part is that I'm sure everyone who voted Leave will still blame Europe for any long-term negative effects.
That's the worst part. These assholes absolutely fucked things up, but you know they'll come up with any kind of excuse to protect them from feeling at fault.
>>
>>78456464
>the EU was controlling borders

No, they weren't. There was pressure but no actual control. Leaving the EU isn't going to stop other countries from levying financial threats against Britain.
>>
>>78452877
They have really trashed their economy with this, I just hope the impact on the global markets aren't too bad.
>>
>>78452877

Yeah we shouldn't do anything the Globalists oppose because they'll crash the economy. Be a fucking slave.
>>
>>78457483
>>78457041
it's possible it won't be too bad because the government might do a soft-renegotiation just to satisfy people's thirst for Britannia memes. in the short term we're all fucked though.

It's all David Cameron's fault for putting it to a referendum at all. He probably thought he was a charismatic god-king who could sell anything.
>>
>>78452877
>pound depreciation
>bad

Every manufacturer and exporter is thrilled right now. The pound softening is a fucking blessing that no one saw coming (but well see what happens when us markets open)

Going to an interesting 6 months ahead of us
>>
>>78457483
>>78457041
>>78457005

Lol youre retarded

Stop shilling faggot
>>
File: Whatnow.png (83 KB, 512x361) Image search: [Google]
Whatnow.png
83 KB, 512x361
Could this work?

>Crashing Pound brings down the CAD more than it already is
>Brits buy cheap Canadian resources and increases manufacturing
>Lower pound allows for higher exports from UK
>Glory to the commonwealth
>>
File: 9038293338.jpg (21 KB, 294x338) Image search: [Google]
9038293338.jpg
21 KB, 294x338
Amazon.uk here I come!!
>>
>>78459433
>>Lower pound allows for higher exports from UK

What do they even have to export besides dreary weather?
>>
>>78459860
This apparently

Also
>Invest in heavy cloud seeding so all the rain falls on the UK
>Cause droughts in Europe
>>
>>78452877
Brexit is good for us because we get more economic power.
All the Brits should be scared because they're all going to be eating out of tin cans in 5 years. Regardless of your stance on immigration, anyone with half a braincell in the UK should have known pulling out of the EU and trashing your economy for
>muh Anglo nation
Was a retarded idea and that the UK is not built at all to recover from something like this economically in the digital age. You should have sucked it up and got control of the immigrant situation without leaving the Union.
>>
>>78452877

>the cash rate is the only important metric

Juden? :^)
>>
>>78453416
It is. That's why many of the poor countries have literal dictatorships or corrupt "democracies". A shit national economy exacerbates power differences between the elite and the poor and leaves the average man at the mercy of the few Brits who were already well off before Brexit. The average man won't be able to afford to leave the country, import goods in, etc. A simple banana could cost 4x it's normal cost by the end of the week.

Your currency is equivalent to your power to make yourself heard and respected on a national and global scale. If your currency is weak, your nation is weak.
>>
File: 20150811_041415.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150811_041415.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>78452877
It's only temporary. In the meantime I'm going to take advantage of the situation and stock up on Warhammer. I've been buying cheap Chinese recasts for a while and I miss working with the real plastic ones. Maybe I'll finally buy a 40k starter army.
>>
>>78455712
>exports will increase
The UK doesn't export anything worthwhile. You guys are about to literally crash and burn.
>>
File: o-NIGEL-FARAGE-LAUGHING-facebook.jpg (283 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-NIGEL-FARAGE-LAUGHING-facebook.jpg
283 KB, 2000x1000
a devalued currency always has an up- and a downside.

downside: more expensive imports

upside: cheaper exports

GBP will get stronger as the UK starts making trade deals with other countries now that they can.

no worries, it's not even that bad as predicted.

>mfw the whole financial industry bet on bremain and got assraped

>mfw bookies got raped as well
>>
>>78462389
economics are taught in high school in murrica?
>>
drink it in, lads. if Remain won, we'd be hearing "HAHA YOU ARE KEKED FOREVER" and if leave won, it was gonna be "HAHA, YOU ARE GUN B POOR NAO"

Success breeds jealousy.
>>
>>78462985
No, no they are not.
>>
>>78458910
>blessing
It's not a blessing if the country isn't already a heavy manufacterer. It's a blessing for Japan when the yen falls and the dollar rises because they get more USD for the stuff they manufacture.

The UK doesn't export anything and big names like big daddy America isn't throwing money at your nation to make stuff for us.
I repeat. You're not Japan. Pulling out of the EU has sealed your fate.
>>
>>78462985
If you sign up for AP classes in most areas you have the option to learn. Many Americans don't pursue this though, and a good amount don't even know how their bank accounts work.
>>
>>78462985
Is that a rhetorical question? Americans' only knowledge of economics relates to gibsmedat. If someone graduates high school and can name an economist other than Smith or Marx, they're in the very top percentile.
>>
>wait 2 weeks for frenzy to stop
>invest in pound
>it goes back up a year after Trump is elected

Comon /pol/ put your money where your mouth is
>>
File: 1464891247358.jpg (18 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
1464891247358.jpg
18 KB, 300x280
>>78461856
>In the meantime I'm going to take advantage of the situation and stock up on Warhammer
>>
>>78463817
>investing in the pound
>literally throwing your money away
Are you retarded?
Even if there is an upswing because they find something to manufacture, it still won't be competitive enough with the prices we receive of goods from Mexico or Japan because many UK citizens won't agree to work in factories for shekels, and a weakened GBP means it's now more expensive to set up and maintain machine lines to build stuff.
At best you'd break even and get back what you put in.
>>
>>78452877
Ruh-heeeeeeeeeeee

Lol. Fuck I never thought drowning could be so amazing, but then I never imagined I'd drown in liberal tears.
>>
File: 1466679509341.jpg (250 KB, 1100x1380) Image search: [Google]
1466679509341.jpg
250 KB, 1100x1380
>mfw japan cuts off UK
>mfw UK will have a civil war and fuck its own country up
>Mfw pound is worth $2
>>
>>78460339
>major exports
>cars
British cars are not relevant on a global scale
>gold
They better cut this out because they're giving away their only stable source of wealth
>petroleum, alcohol prep, medicaments, jet propellers and turbines
Kek

RIP Bongland.
>>
>>78452877

Yeah, I'm sure this is an actual representation of the UK's situation, and not just Soros and cronies trying to ruin it again.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.