[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a "REAL AMERICAN"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 636x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 636x246
My opinion is that you must fit two criteria

>one
Must be of Anglo Saxon or Germanic ancestry

>and two (very important)
Your family MUST have been here BEFORE the war for independence (revolutionary war)

I think real Americans need to start again
>>
To be a real citizen of any country all you need is being born there

Done
>>
>>78296679
>Real American
>Germanic ancestry
Kill yourself.
>>
>>78296679
>Your family MUST have been here BEFORE the war for independence (revolutionary war)

Lmao ok so like a hundred people at best
>>
/pol/ has gone full retard. The majority of Americans are descended from European immigrants after independence.
>>
>>78296679
top kek

Fortunately you don't get to decide what constitutes a real American.

Anyone who pledges allegiance to the United States and means it can rightfully be considered an American. It's not based on ethnicity.
>>
>>78296795
Also not white, right? I mean whites have no ancestral home. They are literally invaders everywhere and therefor aren't applicable for citizenship
>>
>>78297069
And they are not American
Unless you think Somalis born in Sweden are Swedes
>>
>>78296924
I kind of agree, but there are far to many germanics here now.
>>78296948
Must really suck being a post revolutionary shitgrant. Just because you are doesn't mean plenty are not
>>
File: census2.jpg (277 KB, 1752x1976) Image search: [Google]
census2.jpg
277 KB, 1752x1976
>>78297255
Anon by this logic only native
Americans are American. It's not even a small majority, there are less English Americans than black Americans.
>>
>>78297140
Sure thing non white.

How come our country is so shit now that we are half white?
>>
>>78297423
>Anon by this logic only native
Americans are American

Dutch and Scottish/Scots Irish are also American
>>
>>78297423
You do realize there were lots of people here before the war right?

Do you think Washington went in his backyard and had a ten man war with the British?
>>
>>78296679
Native americans and their decedents are true americans, any thing that came after is a immigrant.

Do not kid yourselves burgers.
>>
>>78296679
>Your family MUST have been here BEFORE the war for independence (revolutionary war)

Oh fuck off. Why, exactly? My family has been here since the early 1800's and I'm definitely a real American.
>>
File: 478696705425027072-0.jpg (10 KB, 297x190) Image search: [Google]
478696705425027072-0.jpg
10 KB, 297x190
>>78296679
WHEN IT COMES CRASHING DOWN AND IT HURTS INSIDE
>>
>>78297736
There were literally only 3 million Americans at the birth of this nation. There is a hundred times as many Americans now and most of them are descended from Irish, German and Italian immigrants during the 18 and 1900's. Stop being an autist.
>>
>>78297747
Except they're actually Asian, faggot.
>>
File: 90-01 (1).jpg (49 KB, 245x143) Image search: [Google]
90-01 (1).jpg
49 KB, 245x143
>>78297747
>Native americans and their decedents are true americans,
That is what we are saying cousin
>>
>>78297970
They beat us here by at least 12,000 years.
>>
>>78296679
I had ancestors in Jamestown
>>
>>78297961
>3million people
>each have 3-6 children each
>???

Also, IM NOT SAYING THERE WASNT A HUGE AMOUNT OF POST WAR IMMIGRATION. WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING THIS UP.
>>
My mom's side can be traced back to 1700s Maryland/Pennsylvania. My dad's side came here in the 1910s. You won't find very many Americans anymore with pure Anglo-Saxon roots. Somewhere along they way they got mixed with European immigrant stock. It's best to give up looking for that kind of purity.
>>
>>78297961
>There were literally only 3 million Americans at the birth of this nation
People used to have more that the replacement level of children dipshit
>>
>>78297747
We were conquerors, not immigrants, cuck.
>>
>>78296679
seriously. What is a real american? is one of the thirteen coonies? the ones fromg Germany? from French? The italian one? the WE WUZ?

Really, what the fuck is a real american?
>>
>tfw you actually meet this criteria

I still don't agree with it though. Texan here, and I have mad respect for the Germans that immigrated here during the 1800s.
>>
>>78298155
Who cares
>>
>>78298190
>>78298241
I'm telling both of you that the large majority of Americans today are descended from immigrants in the 18 and 1900's. This is seriously basic knowledge about our country.
>>
>>78298241
>>78298190
This
>>
>>78298326
>Germans that immigrated here during the 1800s.
I don't have a problem with them living here but they are just not American
Thats a fact
>>
I've got some native american in me. Some german, some irish, polish, italian etc. Not much anglo I think. Not really sure.
>>
>>78298435
I am aware of our current situation
That doesnt mean I like it
>>
>>78298155
Point? They still aren't "native", and America never officially "belonged" to them at any point. They were basically barbarians, and were driven out when an actual sovereign nation was established here.
>>
>>78296679
>must be of anglo-saxon or germanic ancestry

There were other European nations who settled America before these tho.
>>
File: amero.jpg (160 KB, 512x511) Image search: [Google]
amero.jpg
160 KB, 512x511
True Americans value the sovereignty of this country above all else. Those globalist NWO fucks are trying to take over the world, and they're winning. Give it another generation or two and the population will be sufficiently conditioned to accept a North American Union. After that, a singular one world totalitarian govt. is but a hop skip and jump away.

Too bad the sheep in this country are still programmed to believe in the two party system. In reality its class warfare, and its always been class warfare. And to clarify, its not even rich vs. poor. Its the select wealthy who own untold trillions in various assets, vs everyone else.
>>
>>78296679

A real American is a pro-individual liberty fanatic.

The soul of America is that idea.

The rest of you assholes are invaders and traitors.
>>
>>78298435
>'m telling both of you that the large majority of Americans today are descended from immigrants in the 18 and 1900's.

NO ONE is arguing against this. Why do you bring it up, it changes nothing.

You sound like the autist. Don't you understand we understand?
>>
>>78296679

1690 English immigrants

Now mixed with German, Italian and a tiny bit of Argentinian
>>
>>78298593
>>78298604
Congratulations, you have weird fringe ideas about what constitutes and American based on asinine qualifications that don't fit the vast majority of Americans and no one cares what you think on the subject.
>>
you got here first, I got here first. Shit let's go to dairy queen.
>>
>>78298649
Only the Dutch in any significant numbers
>>
>>78296679
I'd bet you don't fall in to the latter category.
>>
>>78298704
Sorry, I didn't think you were stupid enough to try and argue that the vast majority of Americans aren't Americans.
>>
>>78298778
You're a pragmatic idiot that doesn't understand history or how civilization works, opinion discarded.
>>
>>78298435
I'm certain that most Americans can find at least one ancestor who lived here before the revolution. Everyone has immigrant blood, sure, but that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>78298693
Only Americans understand this concept
The less American the country becomes the more freedoms we lose
>>
>>78296679

I'm Polish American (Born in Indiana) with a Mohican Grandmother.

am i American enough?
>>
>>7829679
Bullshit.

Reality is showing that this is not at all true.
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 728x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 728x713
>>78298692
Well what did you expect?

They have no real connection to this country. Most of them don't even look similar to the early Americans or founding fathers
>>
>>78296679
>Germanic Immigrants
>here before the Revolution

You are one dumb fucker
>>
>>78297393
So you just found out today that your family goes back to pre revolutionary times and decided to make a bait thread about it. Got it.
>>
File: image.png (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97 KB, 500x500
>>78296679
Stupid criteria
Anyone who works, pays taxes, has no criminal record, does not leech of the government, is well educated, is quite knowledgeable about American history, can actually name all the presidents and states, would never burn a flag, hates the federal reserve, embraces capitalism, embraces Christianity, despise nepotism, is not politically correct, is heterosexual, is sane, clean and willing to die for the ideals of this country.

The above criteria knocks out all the illegals, all the welfare monkeys, hippie loving, government hating cunts that should not be here.
I don't care what race you are, as long as you embrace all the above criteria and act as a role model for your fellow American.
>>
>>78299102
The problem is they were economic immigrants
Their ancestors just came here seeking shekels and when they dont succeed they just demand the Government gives them free money
Shit tier people to be honest familiy
>>
>>78296679
One side of my family came here in the mid 1800s, the other late 1800s, both sides, all able bodied males joined armed forces and served in WW1, WW2, Vietnam, and I served in Afghanistan & Iraq.
>still not considered true American by cocksucking honorless OP.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>78297876
ONLY REAL AMERICAN ANSWER IN THIS THREAD, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKM1AAzeRCg
>>
>>78298958
Lol oh no I value your opinion so much.
>>
I believe a real american would accept and follow the basic principles of Constitution and truly (not just nominally) identify as an American. that might require compromise, but it is still doable.
>>
>>78298693
>A real American is a pro-individual liberty fanatic.
This, and

They know when it's time to work together

The original colonies and the founding fathers new that to beat the British and become a powerful nation they would have to work together.

Most Americans today don't understand this second part.

Instead using the first part soley for greed and not giving a damn about the future of America
>>
>>78299422
>WW1, WW2, Vietnam, and I served in Afghanistan & Iraq.
And I should care because?
All of those wars were fought for foreign interests
>>
Hogan
>>
>>78298693
>>78298983

Right on. This is the truth. It's the most important qualification of being an american.
>>
>>78296795

No; the qualifications for citizenship vary by country.
>>
>>78299643
Have you served? If not, you're not a true american, you're just a leech.
>>
A real American is a nationalistic constitutionist with strong family values.

If you fit that category, I don't care if your name is Chong, or obama.
>>
>>78299778
What is the military defending us against?
All it is doing is keeping our foreign government in power
>>
>>78298892
>I didn't think you were stupid enough

>"oh yes anon I thought you were better than that. I expected so much more from an anon like you. Surly you are better than that"

See that^? That's passive aggressive. A very disgusting way to argue your point.
>>
>>78299994
How does it feel to be a coward?
>>
>>78298435
>>78298435
This.

Most white people in America are now German or Irish and immigrated here in the 1800s.
>>
>>78299513
>Most Americans today don't understand this second part.

Yes. Thanks to our nanny government, many people today haven't grasped the idea of responsibility that's associated with freedom.
>>
>>78300236
Again name one war this country needed to fight in the last 150 years
>>
>>78300236
People like you give the military a bad name. Why do you think so many people feel poorly about you?

I guarantee this wasn't the attitude of soldiers from older wars
>>
>>78300473
You don't need war to justify serving your country. You probably descend from a long line of honorless cowards.
>>
>>78300572
Naw. He's right. He's saying it in a nasty way, but that's what OP deserves.
>>
>>78300403
It sis because different people have been coming to the country
The original settlers were middle class people that came for political reason
Later immigrants were poor peasants that came for economic reasons
>>
British Americans dating to back then exist in pure form? My dad is German mixed with polish thanks to my grandma and my mom has Native American from both parents and British and French Canadian from her mothers side as well. I sure as fuck think being native gives a lot more weight in being a true American considering that the Europeans took influence from the natives as they discarded some old ways of thinking.
>>
>>78300572
>from the mouths of neets
>>
>>78300612
>You don't need war to justify serving your country.
You do need a country that cares about its people though
>You probably descend from a long line of honorless cowards.
I am SAR
>>
my german ancestors came over & fought in the revolutionary war
badasses
proud to be murican
>>
>>78300747
You say that like I don't like or appreciate the military. I'm just telling you how it looks sometimes.
>>
>>78296679
>Anglo Saxon ancestry

That rules out the good majority of Americans.
>>
>>78301024
I know how it looks from a position of fear. I heard all about it before I joined. "Why would you join to fight a war for oil." , "You're just going to fight for the rich.", etc.

What these people don't have is a sense of duty, instead, they have a sense of entitlement. As if every cause in life warrants a moral justification in order to be positive. As if those of us who serve don't understand that at the end of the day it is a game of kings.

I don't need a country that cares about its people, and I don't need the people to care about me, because I care about out my country and my people; that is all that matters.
>>
>>78300717
>Jews came as poor peasants
>now own everything

>Irish came as peasants
>now more numerous and wealthy than English Americans

Sorry you've been so cucked anon
I guess its in your blood (see Bremain)
>>
>>78301755
Anglicans have the highest income in the country
Also it is not even about them staying poor or becoming rich it is about their values
These people value shekels above liberty
>>
File: immigrant-children-ellis-island.jpg (645 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
immigrant-children-ellis-island.jpg
645 KB, 3000x2250
>>78296679

The families of most European people living in this country came here in the 20th century.
>>
>>78302132
If you think Anglicans out earn Ashkenazi Jews you are fucking insane.

Guys like you fucking ruin /pol/ because you won't admit basic fucking truths. You are no different from SJWs.
>>
>>78302739
Yes and these people voting made the country so much better
>>
>>78296679
agreed. Liberty or Death motherfuckers!
>>
>>78298574
>Native
You're extra American, then.
>>
>>78296679
I am a real American. Settled land in South Alabama for France. Before revolution.
>>
File: IMG_3751.jpg (146 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3751.jpg
146 KB, 640x560
Tfw fit both criteria.

What's my prize OP?
>>
Real indigenous americans are the ones who share the same racial ancestry as the Founding Fathers.

West/North Europeans of non-jewish descent.
>>
>>78302873
What the fuck are you talking about?

>loser redneck goes on /pol/ and alienates 90% of the people despite them being white and christian and proud Americans who agree on many political matters. Wants to build a "coalition" of low energy Jeb Bush types who make up like 7% of America and maybe 10% of pol.

Good luck faggot
>>
>>78296679
Q. What is a REAL American
A. A subjective opinion held by only those with literally nothing in their little lives to be proud of
>>
>>78296679
My family came here in the 1640's from England. Now I'm stuck in Commiefornia.
>>
>>78296924
> netherlands

Who the fuck do you think you are saying what is or isn't a real fucking American? I'm not going on about what is or isn't a real fucking Netherlander. This country is made up of mostly Germanic people, and it's our fucking spirit that has fought for this country and made it great, so fuck you.
>>
>>78296679
Immigrant trash nothing else.
>>
>>78296679
>Must be of Anglo Saxon or Germanic ancestry

I highly doubt that is true for all of your family, but nice bait thread.
>>
>>78296679
>Italian Catholic who's family has been here since 1944

What are you going to do about it OP?
>>
>>78296948
What are you talking about? Are you seriously fucking retarded? Have you never seen a local chapter of the Sons or Daughters of the Revolution? There are probably hundreds in each state county. My wife and I come from different ends of the country and both of us have ancestors that fought in the Revolutionary war.
>>
>>78304004
>>78304040
Go away, Euros are too tribal to understand the US.
>>
>>78304052
America was named after an Italian.

And discovered by one
>>
>>78296948

I'm one of these people, get out of my country!
>>
What if I had ancestors here before the Europeans came?
>>
To be a real American, you need to have a dream. A vision of the future. And do everything in one's power to achieve that dream undeterred. To Manifest one's Destiny.

Unless you hold such a mindset, you are irrevocably un-American.
>>
>>78304324
Yeah, but he was commissioned by Spain to find India.

Also, he discovered the Bahamas, and Leaf Ericsson was here far longer.
>>
File: calvin cool.jpg (12 KB, 416x480) Image search: [Google]
calvin cool.jpg
12 KB, 416x480
American institutions rest solely on good citizenship. They were created by people who had a background of self-government. New arrivals should be limited to our capacity to absorb them into the ranks of good citizenship. America must be kept American. For this i purpose, it is necessary to continue a policy of restricted immigration. It would be well to make such immigration of a selective nature with some inspection at the source, and based either on a prior census or upon the record of naturalization. Either method would insure the admission of those with the largest capacity and best intention of becoming citizens. I am convinced that our present economic and social conditions warrant a limitation of those to be admitted. We should find additional safety in a law requiring the immediate registration of all aliens. Those' who do not want to be partakers of the American spirit ought not to settle in America.

>American institutions rest solely on good citizenship. They were created by people who had a background of self-government. New arrivals should be limited to our capacity to absorb them into the ranks of good citizenship.

aka not shitskins

Why didn't we listen to him?
>>
>>78304102
Great, so just curious, how many people alive today fall into that category, in your estimation? Just curious.
>>
>>78304716
Probably at least 100 million are eligible
>>
>>78297733
Thats funny since the only real natives are almost extinct by now.
>>
>>78304102
Yes he is seriously that fucking retarded
>>78303249
Be apart of a dying breed
>>78304052
I don't give a damn if you're Catholic. The fact you say that probably means you strongly identify with it. Instead of identifying as an American
>>78304040
>nice bait thread
Eh, the op pretty much has to be strongly opinionated and slightly non sensical. Otherwise it is ignored
>>
>>78297747
There was no United States of America back then. In order to be a true American (USA) you have to be white.This was a nation built by Europeans. Before then it wasn't even shit
>>
I have no problem with not being a True American as long the blood my family has shed for this country is recognized and we are viewed as Loyal Citizens.

Furthermore I suggest a third criteria should be appended to this standard, but I humbly leave it's adoption up to my Anglo-Saxon hosts:

No True American can be a Communist, regardless of his blood or heritage.
>>
>>78304524
I'd argue that's how a lot of uber liberals feel
>>
>>78296679
That's ridiculous, the west hadn't even been settled yet, shit the Midwest had only just begun to be settled. Indiana didn't become a state until 1816 (happy bicentennial Hoosier bros).
>>
>>78296679
Hi NSA!
>>
>>78304653
If you haven't, you should read the federalist papers
>>
>>78296679

Checking in on both counts. Verified by records and genetic testing.
>>
>>78304102
>>78305065
>I'm the one that is retarded lmao

Of all the muh heritage-ing, this is the most retarded.

For the next thread, find out what makes you uniquely white, using criteria that goes back at least 200 years, and call out anyone who doesn't fit the specific criteria as non white.

lmao
>>
>>78296679
>real american
>german
Try again buddy.
>>
>>78304932
100 million people of solely Anglo-Saxon Ancestry who are descended purely on both sides for said tribe prior to the Revolution?

The fuck??

Probably less than 5%.

The vast majority of Americans have mixed Euro ancestry now from all different waves of migrations
>>
>>78305621
Furthermore, it's great that you've found a way to divide people even further, Chaim.

That's just what we need right now. #imwithher, amirite? Rofl
>>
2 basically confirms all Spics are American. Thanks anon. I appreciate it.
>>
>>78296679

Real American = anyone with citizenship. Any other answer is divisive garbage.
>>
What's a real American?

Hint: it has to do with a certain race
>>
>>78304716
There are 180,000 members in the DAR and 33,000 members SAR.
>>
>>78303661
This.

What level of education do you have OP?

What's your current income?
>>
>>78296948

You're woefully misinformed. But that's what Common Core has done.

As the other anon said, just look to your local DAR/SAR chapters. They're all over the county.

Hell, just the Carter and Bush families alone are more than a couple of hundred EACH.

Keep in mind these are just the people who decided to join. Most of us have had a relative who did the heavy lifting as far as research goes, but think the whole thing is a bit hokey so don't bother to lay down our shekels to sit in a room with a bunch of retirees and get a crappy magazine once a quarter. But we qualify.
>>
>>78296679
My family came here with the first Angolan colonists in 1617

We've fought directly and indirectly in every American war

I'm more American than almost all the fuckers from south and east europe, even some from northwest europe
>>
>>78306369
My husband is a distant cousin of Bush's, which is funny because that means he's an even more distant relative of Abraham Lincoln, and I'm actually related to John Wilkes Booth. We don't participate in DAR/SAR stuff, but we both qualify and I'm looking into it because I've heard our kids could qualify for some scholarships maybe.
>>
Well my Mom's side was German immigrants but that was only 3 generations back. My Dad's side was English but we can't ever figure out how long ago they got here but it was well over 2 centuries ago. Do I count?
>>
>>78306255

DAR just welcomed its 850,000th member.

http://www.dar.org/national-society/media-center/news-releases/national-society-daughters-american-revolution-welcomes

On the current role though, yes, there are about 170k.

>With currently more than 168,000 members in approximately 3,000 chapters worldwide, DAR is one of the world's largest and most active service organizations.
>>
>>78306792
Whoops, I couldn't find the number on their site so I just referred to Wikipedia. It's interesting that there are so many more DAR members than SAR.
>>
>>78296679
4th gen american here.

Nordic.
>>
>>78306934
Oh, and I guess if we're going by total members throughout history, apparently the SAR is at more like 165000 members total.
>>
File: B6U20jBCcAAXHIo.jpg (39 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
B6U20jBCcAAXHIo.jpg
39 KB, 600x449
>>78296679
Well, in terms of geo-politics and politics in general, a "real American" is someone who has no first or second degree blood relatives that are "foreigners" by the definition of Homeland Security.

Or, more precisely, if someone is shooting at you on the basis of some sort of identity moniker, who can you trust to have your back?

Unfortunately, this makes /pol/ mad because that includes almost all the blacks as well as the whites, and most of the Asians and Latinos.

Its intrinsically nativist and consequently anyone with an agenda hates that definition.

But the United States is more of a confederation of "tribal" groups that have a symbiotic relationship with one another than any real nation-state homogenous nation-state like Hungary or Japan.
>>
>>78306648

>DAR scholarships

Yep. It's a fairly painless process too if you know the ancestor. Look on DAR's website. They have a much better online database than the SAR.

It's also tremendously educational if you do the research yourself. You'll never forget about the American-Indian Wars or the War of 1812 ever again. More importantly, your kids won't either.

The DAR itself is worth a visit too if you like libraries. Other than that it's so-so in comparison to the rest of what DC has to offer tourists.
>>
>>78307051
I disagree with that, my husband has a Grandma from Thailand, but what's more American than having a Vietnam Vet Grandpa that caught the yellow fever?
>>
>>78307210
Good to know, I never thought much about looking into it more, but I think I will. It would definitely make for a fun/educational activity for our little ones.
>>
Gotta be born here, you fucking dolt
It's in the goddamn constitution
>>
File: AmericanXmas.jpg (92 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
AmericanXmas.jpg
92 KB, 800x600
>>78299159
No you are the dumb fuck,
There were so many krauts in pre-revolution Philadelphia that there is still a section of the city called Germantown & Ben Franklin was concerned that they weren't speaking english
The PA Dutch Brigade also fought for Washington when taking Trenton
>>
>>78296679
1. Those that are willing to risk their lives for this country.
2. They must love this country and put it before others.
3. They must support the constitution unconditionally.
Also, hello NSA.
>>
>>78306934

Women are more "joiners" than guys, I think. Also women are the ones queried about ancestry more often, and keep the associated records so they can pass it on to their issue.

>>78307512

I strongly suggest it, particularly in this age of shaming our ancestors. They should at least be aware of their connection to those who fought for this country.

If you're starting from nothing, try the LDS. Also, tempting as it may be, don't skip generations or go back any further without rock solid proof. Unfortunately, many of the links are incorrect due to wishful thinking, mistake, or fraud. The level of scrutiny these days is the highest its ever been, even compared to just a few years ago.

Visiting old graves, handling original records, and seeing some cool libraries is all part of the fun.

familysearch.org They don't spam you either.

Good luck.
>>
>>78296679
This is good. Remove the racial element though. If you can trace your family back to pre-Revolution America you and your family are likely not a cancer on society.
>>
>>78308314
That makes sense. It's funny, because it reminds me of the Jews- I heard that they only consider you a Jew if your mother is Jewish because it's the only sure way to follow the genetic lineage. But you've reminded me that I need to get some of that taken care of.

My husband's family are Texan Southern Baptists (I don't know why that's relevant, but apparently genealogy is a big thing for them) and they definitely have that lineage well documented, so I'll just consult them on that end, and with me I only know about my pre-Revolution ancestry thanks to my great grandmother who was really into genealogy. She actually did all of her research in Salt Lake City. I would love to teach my children more about this. Thanks so much for the website recommendation, it's tough to know where to start online. Thank you!
>>
File: fun times were had.jpg (188 KB, 1024x799) Image search: [Google]
fun times were had.jpg
188 KB, 1024x799
>>78296679
>Must be of Anglo Saxon or Germanic ancestry
Moravian is East-German, right?
Said ancestors were from Old Salem in North Carolina. Also have family headstones in old ancestral graveyards that are in German. Father's side is English (Thomas, Owen, Hylton), and mother's side is German as fuck. Ancestors on both sides fought for the Confederacy, though all of them were yeomen farmers out of the mountains/piedmont of NC. Also have family out of Georgia and the mountains of Virginia. My Southern roots go very deep.
>>
>>78308202
Well over 90% of German Immigrants arrived in the 1800s. So bravo if you're part of the other 10%.
>>
>>78306287
I guess we know OP doesn't have a college degree and makes under 50k. Kill yourself OP, if you can't hut that really low bar you're not white.
>>
>>78308962

Re: Jewish Law

Yes, you are correct. If your mother is a Jew, you are. Now there are some factions that will look down on you if you aren't 100%, but they're going against the law. Why? Well, it's easy to tell who your mother is, but not until recently could your father be proven.

Texans in general are concerned about their ancestors. Some are lucky enough to be Daughters/Sons of the Republic of Texas. Now if your kids qualify for that. . .well that's quite the distinction.

One word of caution though with the LDS records: the records themselves are rock solid, but the genealogies are all user-submitted. You have to verify every single claim against records. This can be difficult particularly if your family was in the south during the Civil War, because many of the records were burned.

Have fun. I spent years doing it and had a great time. It's just one discovery after another for a while.
>>
File: RationalDebate.jpg (128 KB, 499x293) Image search: [Google]
RationalDebate.jpg
128 KB, 499x293
>>78309451
I can see my very unique krautish surname in the muster rolls of Washington's Army and my Mother has D.A.R. membership, so yeah, feels good man...
>>
>>78312713
I have ancestors who fought in the Revolution. It doesn't make me feel superior to a Swede who arrived in 1867.

We need unity, not divide and conquer threads.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.