[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Right or wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hello everyone.

My problem is that I've entered in the running for a substitute teamleader position at my current job at the same time I'mjoing the military, which, if I'm accepted to may take start anywhere from january through august 2017. The teamleader thing is from next week until August 2017 and is also meant to train a person to be backup if a real teamleader position opens up.

The two will coincide if i'm accepted to the army (which I will be) and I'm also one of the best candidates applying for the teamleader job.

Is this cunty of me? I'm not thinking about screwing over my workplace and leave two months in to the job i've been trusted, as much as I think of the fact that there are other employees who will continue to work there and are applying as well.
The job also requires lots of training and responsibility

Here are the pros of me taking the promotion:

>more pay (which will allow me to save up before leaving)
>leading experience (I will have 14 people under me) I plan on making a career in the military

the cons of it:

>I have a close colleague (who would benefit from the money more than me) who's applying. I don't think she would get it even if I didn't enter.
>It's douchy towards my work to accept this and then leave like 6 months later rather than finish what I signed up for.

I had the interview today and felt quite content with it.
I should go and retract my application for the teamleader position. That's the right thing to do right? Or do you guys have any other take on this?
>>
>>78193031

Doesn't your country have laws that prevent your employer from discriminating against you if you have military service?
>>
>>78194162
Yeah, but I will be working as a soldier full time. I plan on leaving my current work
>>
>>78194162
Sure, but I will work as a soldier full time. leaving my current job
>>
>>78194557

>unironically wanting to be a soldier more than a free man with good pay

I would pick getting that team leader job over military.
>>
>>78194887
I don't have to justify my reasoning, but it's what I want to do. Now help me out with the question
>>
>>78196016

Sounds like you have decided.

You should retract your application.
>>
>>78193031
Out of curiosity know where your gonna be stationed?
>>
>>78194557
Communication is important both in the military and in the business world. Inform your boss about your plans to leave but don't retract the application yet
>>
>>78193031
I've been in similar situations to you my friend. I don't know why you are undecided; for me, it was for company loyalty. Something mostly unheard of these days.

But I will say this; anything can happen, and anything *will* happen, that could change all your plans when you least expect it. I've learned in my 35 years on this planet, don't take anything for granted.

If a position is offered, take it. Only in cases of perhaps family or friends would I tell them my alternate plans. In this case, take the team leader job; you don't know what small chance could happen and keep you from the military. Or you may change your mind.

Just take every opportunity to advance. Let others feel what they want, but believe me, most will agree with your decision. Don't let life pass you by, don't let opportunities pass you by, no matter how sure you are of other outcomes.
>>
>>78197191
This is what my perceived logical thinking side of me really agrees with me. But at the same time I feel really shitty about taking it and then bolting.
>>
>>78198240
Perhaps your friend will get the job when you leave. In fact, maybe you could even give her advice on how to proceed with your job when you leave; how to do it effectively I mean.

You just have to know and do what is best for yourself. It is not as if you are destroying the position or damaging the company. What would happen if you suddenly died in an accident? The same things; the company would pick up where you left off and move it. Strange things happen, don't let it deter you. that's all I can say.
>>
>>78193031
The company expects your complete loyalty without extending the same courtesy to you. they would screw you over if they could better if you do it first
>>
>>78198852
Yeah, I doubt she would, but maybe.

The boss who's hiring me gave me a day off for doing the screening for the military and I've spoken about the military with him multiple times.

But it never came up during the interview. I look (rightfully so) to call him up and go:

>yeah, so I forgot to tell during one and a half hour interview we had yesterday that i might be going away before this temporary gig is fulfilled
>>
>>78199830
Yeah, but I'm also thinking about my friend. Though she probably won't get the job if I reject it she will be of the impression that I stood in the way of her and all of a sudden I'm leaving?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.