[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for atheists: 1, How do you give meaning to your life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: 1466333338700.jpg (22 KB, 540x495) Image search: [Google]
1466333338700.jpg
22 KB, 540x495
Question for atheists:

1, How do you give meaning to your life?
2. How do you accept death?
3. What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destructoring of Christianity has left?
4. What is your stance on judeo-Christian values?

This is entirely out of good will, I do not hate atheists whatsoever.
>>
1. I don't. Life has no meaning.
2. I don't think about it too much.
3. No idea.
4. I don't even know what that is.

Point me to a church that doesn't embrace multicultural "harmony" and I will join it straight away. Morals and loyalty are at an all time low, and I want to be a part of the solution.
>>
>>78179688
>judeo-Christian values

I hate that phrase. Christians don't think non-Christians are cattle to be used and abused. Judeo values can rot just the same as the Islamic ones.
>>
>>78179688
1. I don't, I try to be kind and polite but it's pointless, no friends
2. I'm thinking of ending it soon
3. Nothing
4. Crock of shit to delude people
>>
File: 1461785496259.jpg (38 KB, 426x960) Image search: [Google]
1461785496259.jpg
38 KB, 426x960
>>78179688
1. Life has no meaning
2. I wont know I will be dead when I am kaput.
3. By stop going against human nature.
4. I don't believe in it but I follow it's traditions that are sane; overall it's good for people to be delusional, makes them do stuff.
>>
>>78179688
probably the same way a christian does,

by believing in something.

atheists just don't call it god
>>
File: 222.jpg (98 KB, 960x675) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
98 KB, 960x675
>>78180049
It's not for me to pursuade you in any way, but I'm not part of any church myself because I think they're liberalized too much to my liking, it's a totally acceptable feeling to have and I know many Christians who feel the same way.
>>
>>78179688
Nobody's life has meaning unless you create it for yourself

Death is what it is, accepting it or not doesn't matter

Morality exists without religion

Some are good, some are not so good
>>
File: 1466069423344.jpg (397 KB, 900x1203) Image search: [Google]
1466069423344.jpg
397 KB, 900x1203
>>78180268
You really shouldn't end your life friend, do you need someone to talk to?

If it's any help, I have attempted suicide myself and have walked it off and I am now a happier person despite the fact that I will always be a social outcast with little to no friends or family to love me.
>>
>>78179688
>How do you accept death?
Everything what lives dies. You're the one who doesn't accept that by pretending you keep living adter you die.
>>
>>78179688
1. I think it's a human problem to look for a meaning to life. It's just a random occurance and I enjoy the chance to experience it, regardless of how fucked this world is at the CURRENT YEAR.

2.) I believe death will be the same as before I was born.

3. ) The only way people can live happily is if we let people live together in groups of like minded individuals.

4. ) I have no stance. I believe that people should follow whatever makes them feel the best about life.
>>
>>78179688

1 I don't
2 I can't
3 it's fucked
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 736x460
>>78179688
1. Life has no meaning but to expierence it. The scientific meaning of life is to reproduce
2. You don't have a choice. If you die, "YOU" die and you won't even notice because there will be no "you" left. Perhaps our consciousness merges with an objective consciousness that is connected to all forms of life. Maybe we are reincarnated. None of this is proven so I don't care
3. Morality can taught through logic. People need to be educated and spend more time serving the community, or spend more time in nature
4. Judeo Christian values are good. They have been tailored for thousands of years to benefit civilization. The beatitudes are a good moral guide. I would remove the "do good things because that's what God would want you to do" part out and replace the Christian guilt or fear of God with logical applications. "Don't kill people or set buildings on fire because it harms society or how would you like to be killed?"

>even if this quote is fabricated it's still good advice

My motto in life is do no harm.
I don't eat meat because I feel bad for animals raised in captivity
>>
>>78179688
You make your life have meaning. Don't need some 2000+ year old book to do that for you.

Counterpoint, how do you feel about the gnawing fear inside you that your precious heaven might not be real, or the heaven of a completely different religion might be real and you're not getting in it? And don't weasel your way out, we all have doubts at some point.

Morality begets religion, not the other way around, and Christianity is hardly destroyed. It's just lost the special status for the most part.

The "values" that actually promote common decency I like, the sanctimonious "holier than though" condemnation of anything deemed wrong, not so much.

That being said, I'd take a moderate christian country over Islam or a communist country any fucking day.
>>
File: i dunno.jpg (18 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
i dunno.jpg
18 KB, 500x327
>>78179688
>1, How do you give meaning to your life?
Do things that make you satisfied and happy.
>2. How do you accept death?
Appreciate both the beauty of the world and the prison of consciousness.
>3. What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destructoring of Christianity has left?
Realize that structured morality has a utilitarian purpose.
>4. What is your stance on judeo-Christian values?
They are arguably the best in terms of a foundation for societies and law.
>>
>>78181330
>The beatitudes are a good moral guide
Which ones of them? Because I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>78179688
Lol i have to fight almost monthly to care not just accept it.
>>
File: 1462289846450.jpg (45 KB, 400x444) Image search: [Google]
1462289846450.jpg
45 KB, 400x444
>>78179688
>judeo-Christian values
you answered your own question, shlomo
>>
File: Aryan Confronts Kike.jpg (45 KB, 508x382) Image search: [Google]
Aryan Confronts Kike.jpg
45 KB, 508x382
>>78181363
bog off, jew
>>
File: happy merchant.png (169 KB, 692x809) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant.png
169 KB, 692x809
>>78181330
>oy vey goyim love your judeo-christian values!
>good goy
>>
File: 1412066713125.jpg (76 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1412066713125.jpg
76 KB, 500x600
>>78179688
1. My family, my friends and my dreams
2. Do not fear what you cannot change
3. We need to completely reboot our education system to focus on basic Western moral tenets
4. There is some good and some bad in Judeo-Christian values
>>
>>78181561
>blessed are the peacemakers
>blessed are the merciful

Eh you're right I haven't read them since I was taught them in catholic school when I was 8
>>
1) pleasure from perpetual discovery
2) it's a natural phenomenon that we all face, so what is there to accept?
3) there has always been moral decay, You don't need religion to have morals, you just need ampathy as well as common sense
4) Some of it is good, most of it is bad. Once again, you don't have to be religious to have good values
>>
File: 1323303199784.png (111 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1323303199784.png
111 KB, 600x476
>>78181361
You atheists are fucking retarded. I'm glad I won't sharing Heaven with all of you faggots.
>>
File: 1466331344977.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466331344977.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>78181636
>>78181701
>>78181811
Nothing wrong with Judaism, it's quite a beautiful, a little too dogmatic for my taste though.
>>
File: hS2Ht2o.jpg (83 KB, 497x720) Image search: [Google]
hS2Ht2o.jpg
83 KB, 497x720
>>78181942
>Nothing wrong with Judaism
you're on the wrong board, shlomo
>>
>>78179688
1. I don't.
2. Very easily.
3. No idea.
4. Destructive.
>>
File: 1412127474975.jpg (24 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1412127474975.jpg
24 KB, 400x462
>>78181701
>jew
I was brought up Catholic. Why don't you go shitpost elsewhere?
>>
File: 1466068112028.jpg (216 KB, 1402x1402) Image search: [Google]
1466068112028.jpg
216 KB, 1402x1402
>>78182040
Put you hate aside friendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egLChx-U54o
>>
File: happy merchant scheming.png (92 KB, 494x740) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant scheming.png
92 KB, 494x740
>>78182229
>Put you hate aside friendo
in other words
>oy vey goyim, love we kikes
get fucked moishe
>>
>>78181922
What a good christian you are.
>>
>>78179688
By living my life to its fullest
All that begins must also one day end
>3. What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destructoring of Christianity has left?
"Society" shouldn't do anything. It's the responsibility of parents to raise children that will make this world a better place
I acknowledge that things like The Golden Rule, loving your neighbor, honoring your mother and father, etc. Do still have their place in the world, however, taking the Bible/Koran/Torah literally is silly.
If the belief of a magic skydaddy and afterlife comfort you, great, just don't push it down my throat.
>>
>>78179688
The point of life is finding the questions to ask. There is no one grand point of life.
Death, it's nothingness. I think of it as sleeping without dreaming. Imagine that and it'll be easier to accept.
>3. What should society do to fill the moral
decay that the destructoring of Christianity has left?
Society? Like my neighborhood? 4chan? The people in my "Society" are fucking hand-picked. I do not waste my time on people I do not consider in-group.
Literally what values? jews should mind their fucking business, and Christians to a substantially less degree mind theirs too.
>>
>>78179688
1. I don't need a meaning or reason to live I just do and think it's interesting sometimes
2. Who gives a fuck as long as you do what you want and have fun in the meantime
3. Arm the population more to defend against it, possibly form high IQ only societies
4. Literally a cuckold culture, the whole thing is about being a bitch to a jew sky fairy, turning the other cheek, being a little beta dickless groupie to him.
>>
1. How do you give meaning to your life.
It is impossible to determine whether or not there is a meaning to life. (See. absurdism and the human impossibility to determine an inherent meaning to life)

I don't plan on giving meaning to my life because I'm not scared of not knowing the answers to these questions. I'm not an existentialist wherefore I will guess or try to arbitrarily set a "standard" inherent value. It's okay to not know whether or not there is any meaning to life and I can appreciate the complexity of the question and the fact that such a question was never meant to be answered but to be considered.

I'm not sure. I'll cross that bridge. I'm not about to give some phony philosophical speech that I haven't really internalized but I do believe that death is a part of life. It's like getting your teeth pulled out, you just gotta do it.

3. >Moral decay
The idea that morals come from religion is a pathetic idea. If are morals are to be just, they should come from rationality not from dogma. The greatest plague to society is the idea that we are beasts without morality only to be tamed by religion. It is a disgusting idea.

As much as I hate the philosophical basis of religion and of Christianity, I admire the culture of Christianity.
>>
>>78181866
But also
>blessed are the meek
>blessed are the mourners
>blessed are the persecuted
The beatitudes, like most of the shit Jesus actually said, are mostly shit .
>>
>>78179688
I have to give the meaning myself by setting goals.

Try not to think about it?

Keep Christianity. Strengthen it.

Mostly good, particularly post-reformation.

I think I'd be happier as a theist and I think Christianity is good for keeping people moral (though I'm unconvinced it's essential to underpin morality).

But I am unable to convince myself of the truth of Christianity or any religion... Probably because I'm an emotionless autistic.
>>
>>78179688
1. Same as everybody else: I want to build a good world for my children.

2. I don't, of course. If I accepted it, I'd be dead already.

3. Christianity caused the situation we have now. The bleeding heart liberal bullshit that weakened our nationalism follows obviously from the message of jesus.

What should we do? Sack up and preach a strong morality that honors our ancestors, and serves our descendants.

4. I like jesus as a moral teacher. He was deluded though. He preached a form of nihilism that rejects the reality of the physical world. It's a good ideal that he has, but it can't work in the real world.
>>
File: e96.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
e96.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
>>78182512
*tips fedora*
>>
File: Wkiadyr.jpg (43 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
Wkiadyr.jpg
43 KB, 800x534
>>78179688
>meaning is a spook
>death is a spook
>society is a spook, morals are spooks, Christianity is a spook
>values in general are spooks
>>
File: idolatry.jpg (31 KB, 480x240) Image search: [Google]
idolatry.jpg
31 KB, 480x240
Psalm 96:5
For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.

Psalm 115:4
Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.

Psalm 135:15
The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.

Atheists are going to cry and panic when it's their time to die.
>>
>>78179688

by doing whatever it is i want, im a pipefitter and i make enough to support 3 hobbies: blacksmithing, gold panning, and Traveling

observation- everything dies, youl die, i'll die, the baby in the stroller i seen yesterday will die. People unseen yet on this earth will die. The earth will die. Our sun will die. Our solar system will die. Out galaxy.

Its the way of things transitioning to other things, like chemical processes progressing

Christianity destroyed more Civilizations then it built; something new will take its place

meh, they are alright i guess if you ignore tyhe rules in the bible about stoning someone wearing clothing made of two different materials or eating shellfish.

As christianity loses its grip on society it is seen as "mellowing" out. But if we were to go back to 100% strict scripture wed go ISIS level
>>
1. Life for me is an emergency to get the things I want done, done. I am a young man and find meaning in who I love, what I work on, and what I'm interested in (hiking, swimming, music making, mushroom picking, cooking...). This will change as I age, if I have children my meaning would probably be to see the day they are happy and well on their own.
2. I don't accept death, i just realize it as an unfortunate inevitability as I am not a man-child who can't come to terms with reality because I am a sissy bitch who believes in sky creatures.
3. > the moral decay that the destructoring of Christianity has left
HAHA WHAT?
4. There are golden nuggets lain in the shit covered book that is the old and new testament. Most of it is absolute garbage. Better than mudslimes i guess..
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 992x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 992x880
>>78179688
1) spooks
2) spooks
3) spooks
4) spooks
>>
>>78182870
underrated post
read more /pol/....
>>
>>78179688
1. beyond our comprehension
2. beyond our comprehension
3. get off your high horse princess
4. couldn't care less what other people believe in as long as they don't try to get me to believe in them
>>
1. Nicomachean ethics.
2. Nicomachean ethics.
3. Embrace Greek Polytheism, or Nicomachean ethics.
4. Inferior to Greco-Roman values.
>>
File: hitler tip fedora.jpg (59 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
hitler tip fedora.jpg
59 KB, 500x435
1. There isn't one
2. Inevitable
3. Stop being weak bitches
4. Rather that than mudshits
>>
File: 1464057483204.jpg (19 KB, 253x296) Image search: [Google]
1464057483204.jpg
19 KB, 253x296
>>78179688
1, How do you give meaning to your life?
I live for myself.
nothingness is something to look forward to
3. What should society do to fill the moral decay that the deconstructing of Christianity has left?
science m8.
the ten commandments are the best moral guide
>>
1. I do not need to give meaning to life, meaning is already included in the package. A priori and all that.
2. Very easily.
3. There is no moral decay, only an institutional decay. People are not less human, but rather there is less community. It was bound to happen. The solution is basically just to continue being human, but try to learn from history. It's more efficient that way.
4. In a vacuum Biblical values are nothing special, entry-tier shit, but there is an enormous treasure trove of both Jewish and Christian thinkers who have furthered the sphere of human understanding and values through their religion. It's so embedded into the spirit of the West, one couldn't reject it if one tried and I think that it's best to try and understand it directly.
>>
>>78182733
k
>>
>>78179688
1. How do you give meaning to your life?
I dunno. I just live day by day and everything's fun.
No idea, haven't thought about it.
3. What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destructoring of Christianity has left?
No clue.
idgaf
>>
>>78179688
>>78179688
1. I improve whatever I can about myself, my community and my family.
2. As far as I know, we only have one life, so we should use it wisely.
3. Society needs to embrace traditionalism, protectionism, and nurture the culture that our enemies are so desperate to have us forget.
4. I appreciate Christian values for stopping degeneracy where it can. While I don't believe in a Christian God, I do admire the religion's tenacity against Islam and the corruption that the world sees today.
Unfortunately I don't think there are many people who understand and follow the values taught through Christianity, they only "believe" because they were raised that way, or wear it as a status symbol.
>>
>>78182733
Naturally. Gonna be dead forever.
>>
>>78179688
>How do you give meaning to your life?
I pursue things that make me happy. A avoid things that make me sad. Depends what you mean by "give meaning". My friends, my family and my work give me a lot of meaning, knowing I'm contributing to society and make others happy. Feels good man.

It hasn't come up yet.

>What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destruction of Christianity has left?
No idea. Ideally things will fix themselves when society learns some of the morals christianity and other religions teach aren't so bad. Failing that, maybe we just need to become more religious again.

>What is your stance on judeo-Christian values?
They're good. Probably the same as the ones i have now i guess.
>>
>>78182733
>Atheists are going to cry and panic when it's their time to die.

Depends how I die. If i can die defending something important I probably wouldn't mind.

If i'm sitting there dying of cancer or something, I'd be pretty pissed. I might even blow my own brains out.

Not really too afraid of death at this point.
>>
>>78182733

British Bible thumpers are the worst. Why didn't your ancestors go over to the US like the other puritans?
>>
>>78179688

1. By trying to be the best person I can be and following a strict moral code.
2. I accept it as an inevitable point in time and as a reminder that my time is limited and should not be wasted.
3. Most people are religious and I don't believe religion will be eradicated. But even if it was so another religion will fill Christianity's shoes, just as what happened to the religious systems that nobody practices now.
4. They are basis of Western culture and should be celebrated and protected with Christianity as a whole. They're a strong universal moral compass.
>>
File: 1446226558645.png (34 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1446226558645.png
34 KB, 633x758
>>78180727
Well I don't have anything aside from my family, and I feel like a constant burden and letdown on their behalf. Literally no friends, never even held hands with a woman so my genetic line is a dead end. Just waiting for my parents to pass away first.

I just don't see how religion is going to solve anything. I don't have a problem with religious people, I just can't put my faith in anything. Too cynical.
>>
>>78179688
I want to see how far I can go
I'd be wasting my time fretting and crying over my inevitable demise, it's better to just accept it and enjoy
I think people are too hard on christianity and too leninent with other primitive, more savage religions.
Society should really start treating all religions the same, but aply the proper punishment to any idiot who uses religiom as excuse, a christian murderer, an atheist murderer and a islamic murderer are still murderers
The moment people treat others the sam based on their actions and not their race or beliefs, then society will improve
Some stuff like family and respect is good.
I always thought that you can never progress if you stick to the same rules, you have to make changes as time goes by if you want to improve, as long as those changes are for good.
>>
>>78179688
1) The natural world is a beautiful thing, and gives me the motivation to do my best in everything. That sounds really fucking gay.
2) I will die as countless men have done before me. It is not something to fear.
3) There's no answer to this, for as long as there is an active agent promoting immoral values, there will be a problem.
4) Fucking jews.
>>
>>78179688
1. I don't, no meaning. Just try to not live miserably
2.The end, just have an animal urge to avoid it as much as possible
3.Non-religious moral ideology
4.Some bits are shit but others are something we need to stop attacking.
>>
>>78179688
1. Just like anyone else, except it's based in reality. I set goals and work to achieve them.
2. The same like I accept the time before I was born.
3. You say that like Christianity never created immorality. Read some books on the Middle Ages. There's a reason why Chuch and State are divided. If anything we live in the most peaceful time in history.
4. Most judeo-Christian values are secular values that have nothing to do with religion but with common decency. It just happens that some of them can be found in religion. If you lived your life the way the bible prescribed it to you you'd still be sacrificing children for a good harvest.
>>
>>78179688
1. Life has no inherent meaning;

2. It's a fact that everything will die sooner or later, and I hope my brief existence won't be a burden to my loved ones and those around me;

3. >The old "there's no morality without religion, and an atheist/secular society would descend into chaos and nihilism because there's no higher power to inspire them" bullshit;

4. Some are decent, but hardly exclusive to abrahamic religions (Like the much-touted "Golden Rule", which predates christianity by a lot), so take "judeo-christian values" with a container of salt. A lot of them are arbitrary, rampant idiocy ("Don't mix types of cloth or shave because god will be pissed at you", "Don't talk to menstruating or pregnant women for they are unclean"), or have lost the value that once made them valid ("Don't eat pork". It might have been useful 3000 years ago to prevent rampant cysticercosis (even if they had no idea of what it actually was), but today it is quite safe to eat a pork chop). The last, third lot is just terrible. Besides, most christians (I don't know about Jews, I don't think I've ever met one) arbitrarily pick what they want to follow from the Bible and ignore the rest by dismissing it as parables/analogies/"that's not what that means" to mold their religion to their whims, so what exactly those "values" are may vary wildly from individual to individual.
>>
>>78179688
1. Helping others. Enjoying what time I have here to the fullest.
2. Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.
3. Adopt stoicism.
4. Judaism is wracked with legalism and is more concerned with petty earthly matters and how to interpret writings, I don't particularly care for it. Christianity has a good basis on how to treat people, if only the majority of the followers would practice what Jesus preached.
>>
>>78179688

1. I don't. All the funny people crawling around do it for me. It's fun to watch how they set themselves on fire and after than run around screaming "Why am I burning?"

2. I do not, but I'm too dumb and lazy to work in genetics or nanotech.

3. Society shouldn't do anything. People should. Because society is made of people. If they are too dumb to see where they are going that's gonna be more entertainment for me.

4. Too much bullshit around a couple worthwhile things.
>>
File: 1449794321790.jpg (15 KB, 577x359) Image search: [Google]
1449794321790.jpg
15 KB, 577x359
>atheists
>saying that life has no meaning
Fucking fedora tippin' faggots.
From a strictly scientific point of view, your only purpose in life is to reproduce and help to perpetuate our specie.
>>
>>78179688
1. Life is just what you make of it, there is no meaning
2. When I die, I die, it's no big deal
3. I think society has always been in permanent moral panic, I don't think today is anything new
4. That's far too broad a thing to have a yes/no opinion on
>>
File: 1466238864864.png (265 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1466238864864.png
265 KB, 600x450
>>78179688
1. anime
2. anime
3. anime
4. anime
>>
>>78185131
Right, but a life of obeying science all the time is no fun
>>
File: 1420938449567.jpg (39 KB, 528x492) Image search: [Google]
1420938449567.jpg
39 KB, 528x492
>>78185131
>your only purpose in life is to reproduce and help to perpetuate our specie.

Yeah, and i can't even do that.
>>
>>78185131
Obviously meant in a moralistic way, you underdeveloped monkey.
>>
>>78185131
> your only purpose in life is to reproduce and help to perpetuate our specie.

I reject that purpose though. See, that's my whole purpose. To reject yours.
>>
>>78180049
Christian identity movement related churches? Some forms of neopaganism or theistic satanism?
>>
>>78179688
For decades, the more than 80% of the US has claimed to be Christian yet during the same time we've had "moral decay" in the increases in teen pregnancy, single parenthood, violent crimes, adultery, etc. I wouldn't blame that on "destructoring of Christianty."
>>
>>78179688
It has no real meaning I guess. We're just part of bigger universal mechanism that won't give a shit if some species or even planets suddenly disappear. But if you need a meaning then consider directions I picked:
Firstly, I accept nature which tells me to pass genes and do stuff to ensure survival of my species. Do not think it means fucking everything that walks, we're on top because of civilization and civilization needs certain rules to last. It just means being family oriented and contributing to the civilization/system by ether producing something such system needs (for example being a baker) or by doing scientific work to solve problems, improve quality of life and protection from diseases, natural catastrophies etc. Basically it's like an ultimate competition and we're a team and we want to win.
Secondly, if this isn't enough for you, you can pick your path. For me pleasure makes the biggest sense. I want to have fun and enjoy my life. Do not think that this means some degenerate shit. In fact I tried some of it and I didn't like it. It means stuff like having fun reading books, playing games, enjoying your good work (like self-made furniture etc), spending time with family, enjoying passing your skills and knowledge to the kids etc.
I don't feel like no real meaning is reason to kill yourself, especially that your instinct makes you avoid death.

Can you evade it? No? Not yet? Then there's no point in crying about it. All you can do is maybe doing research to stop aging (and desu I don't even know if I'd want to be immortal, rather have a choice when I will die). Besides this you just have to accept it - it's inevitable right now. Just try to live your life the best you can do and maybe leave something after yourself.

1/2
>>
>>78185559
Abolish rampant consumptionism and focus on few common sense laws like "don't do to others you don't like being done to yourself" or "eye for an eye". Too much well being causes corruption and depression since everything is based on comparison. You need to experience hardships to appreciate good stuff. It's like white sheet of paper on the white wall. You can't see it unless there's shade (position comparison) or different shade (color comparison). You need to experience some pain and misery to know what is bad, and some joy to know what is good. Getting rid of "stressless upbringing" and child worship, and bringing back conscription for X months could be a good start for that.

Some of it makes sense, some seems like a bullshit. If it helps you, go on, believe everything your book says. Just don't enforce this shit on me. I don't feel any need to believe anything to feel better. I'm fine as I am now.

2/2
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 194x259
>>78179688
1. I don't
2. As life
3. I don't care
4. Mixed, prayer/faith is good as is following a set of morals.
>>
File: 1420217766911s.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1420217766911s.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
We are nothing more than walking bags of water, trying to pass on our version of folding proteins.
>>
>>78179688
1. You don't

2. You don't

3. You don't

4. Implying
>>
>>78185990
+1
>>
>>78179688
>itt. Athiests preach about their individual fedora theology, but don't bother reading anyone else's.

This is why no one can stand you guys irl, you won't shut up about religion and your athiesm, but have zero interest in what others have to say.
Topkek.
>>
>>78179688
I dont. We are just a bunch of elements in an infinite universe, and are irrelevant over both space and time, which are enormous is scale.
Life is an ongoing chemical reaction, and death occurs when the reaction reaches its steady state.
There is no morality because there are no consequences to your actions.
Religion was invented to keep the masses in check by telling them that their actions have consequences. This was so the elites could continue to rule without any morality and without fear of being overrun by the masses.
>>
>>78179688
By stopping perceiving it as something very valuable. Life is good and death is bad, in general. But as people are many and die all the time, at every death not much is lost overall. My death included.

For other questions - dunno, lol
>>
>>78179688
1. and 2. are things I have no control over. I try to be a good person and enjoy myself. That's really all I can do.

As for 3. I don't think society is in as severe moral decay as people around here think. SJWism is a cancer, but humanity has survived far worse witch hunts and tyranny in the past. We'll be fine.

I agree with the majority of J-C values and beliefs. I think Biblical parables are some of the best stories we can teach children. But I don't believe that a man walked on water and I don't think God can hear us when we pray.
>>
File: HannahF.jpg (104 KB, 800x1275) Image search: [Google]
HannahF.jpg
104 KB, 800x1275
>>78179688
>my loved ones and my community
>living my life to the fullest
>I'm not bothered by casual sex, gays or women wearing less clothes, that's on you.
>ancient myth that has overstayed its welcome
>>
>>78186594
>you won't shut up about religion and your athiesm
A christfag literally brought it up.

Atheists don't care so they don't bother reading others reason for being atheist, it all comes down to the same thing anyway.

When was the last time you saw an atheist start a thread about Christians?

Exactly. That's why atheists can't stand you religitards. We don't care what you believe in and we don't care what other atheists believe in. Just keep your nonsense to yourself.
>>
>>78185990
>he still believes in evolutionary psychology
You sit there enjoying a life of luxury constructed from the ingenuity of thoughts traversing the sea of language to create the trading network of society and yet you still believe genes are important?

It simply does not work on a logistical level. It's bad science, plain and simple.
>>
File: images (16).jpg (6 KB, 207x239) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
6 KB, 207x239
>>78186594
But I am reading others, just because I don't say anything doesn't mean I'm not interested
>>
I'm not really atheist I guess. I believe there is a god and I believe that there is an afterlife; however I believe that God is so far above everything and so complicated that while he does interact in some way with out existence it is in ways that are overall impossible for us to finely grasp, and that worship or any kind of organization of collective thought will not matter to God in the slightest.

I also believe that an afterlife will be so different from normal life and you'll be something far different from a thinking mind or human, that in this stage of our existence it doesn't even matter if it exists or not.

As far as values go I may as well be atheist though.

1] I give my own life meaning, I live to enjoy what it has to offer.

2] I have trouble accepting death and it hurts me deeply when a loved one dies, deeper than anything has ever hurt me before.

3] Society will possibly not recover, but life operates in cycles and even if society were to be destroyed it would come back again in the fullness of time.

4] I find Christianity in a whole to be the best religion to come out of the abrahamic religions family. It does not order you to kill infidels, it does not order you to violently purge the world, it does not ask of you to manipulate all who are not amongst your religion. The Quran does, the Talmud does. Christianity, though having a past of war, is truly a religion of compassion and caring; its focus is not to destroy non-Christians or enslave them, but to convert them so all the world may be one.
>>
>>78187013
>not knowing about memetic evolution on top of the biological evolution
>>
File: metoodude.gif (2 MB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
metoodude.gif
2 MB, 500x406
>>78187013
Fucking lol.

We are literally wild animals anon and denial of that reality is counterproductive.

Every thought, feeling and behavior that you have can be traced back to an evolutionary purpose.
>>
File: Oosisoak_Frederic_Edwin_Church.jpg (2 MB, 1095x1488) Image search: [Google]
Oosisoak_Frederic_Edwin_Church.jpg
2 MB, 1095x1488
>>78179688
1. Constantly learning and improving myself, building relationships, and watching the progress of humanity.
2. Living a memorable life and not being a pussy faggot who's afraid of hell
3. Ideally, restore Christianity for the benefit of society.
4. They're good.
>>
>>78179688
christianity fucked everything up
>>
>>78179688

>1. How do you give meaning to your life?
Even this question is impacted by your beliefs. Your obsession with a mystical greater meaning is a distraction from the splendor of the life you do have. Life is a wonderful thing, but I'm sorry to say there is no higher purpose to it at all. Enjoy it as much as you can, but don't be a dick about it.

I accept that it is inevitable (for now), but I try to live well and postpone it as much as humanly possible, because it is the end.

>3. What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destruction of Christianity has left?

Part of freedom is putting up with the complete losers who are expressing freedom in their own sad way.

Most are good, wholesome ways to live your life. Mostly they promote good social and family behavior. Then you let your guard down for one fucking second and suddenly crazy shit sneaks in somehow and spreads like a malignant cancer.
>>
I don't need a deep meaning to continue my life. I just enjoy the simple things; watching chinese cartoons, talking about whatever nonsense with a small, close group of friends, playing games and drinking with said friends, et cetera.
No sense in worrying about something inevitable. Maybe I've read too much Discworld.
People shouldn't be judged based on their religion, but based on their actions. Religion cannot be used as an excuse to do something immoral. Murder is murder, no matter how you look at it.
No opinion
>>
>>78179688
1. By being creative. No, just kidding: I don't.
2. Like all the other 5 billion people out there who aren't theists: it just happens and you can't do anything about it. Accept it. Frankly: accepting life and how it is, is much harder.
3. You are overestimating the moral value of Christianity. And I personally consider Christianity today as one of the primary threats for the integrity, security and sustainability of Europe. Just look at the pope, but there are millions examples more.
4. Soom are good, but too pacifist, too much glorification of poverty, sickness and weakness. And most of them are borrowed from earlier myths, the classical values of ancient Greece and Rome. Or could be found in atheist religions like Buddhism.

Maybe Europe should reembrace Christianity for the sake of its families and the morality of "the masses". But I doubt it would do it much good looking at the condition the churches are in. And you cannot enforce it either way.

Otherwise: I wish you much happiness, loyalty, hope, love and faith.
>>
>>78179688
I don't really. Thats not to say I'm a nihilist but I feel that giving oneself meaning through the physical world is enough, even if it is "pointless".
I'm not afriad of death. I imagine it'll be like being under general anesthetic, so there's no eternal void or anything, I'll just cease to exist. (Crossing my fingers for reincarnation though desu.)
Tricky question desu, religion's the only thing that's ever really kept morals in check among the majority. A pseudo-religion based on philosophy (non-degenerate) and reason might work.
They're pretty good but some of the old-testament stuff is pretty backwards, and based on some of what they say: the disciples are not who people should follow. (Hence my skepticism of the religion - they're the ones who recorded everything.)
>>
1. I use my talents to help others. But you can live without meaning, you have 4 billion years of evolution taking care of that.

2. I don't accept it, I hate that I have to day but for now I'm just glad for every day I get to live.

>3. What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destruction of Christianity has left?
3. Attend Mass, defend Christianity, practice Christian values (marriage etc.) even if you don't believe in the supernatural.

4. Together with free markets and information theory, they are the best things mankind has stumbled upon.
>>
File: 1466071590478.jpg (270 KB, 942x1920) Image search: [Google]
1466071590478.jpg
270 KB, 942x1920
>>78184332
I feel like a letdown and a burden on my family as well, having well passed the age of living with them but still doing so and loving them as much as I can.

I have a Christian girlfriend but i have never held hands or kissed a woman either up until now, I don't regret it either because it's much better this way.

And you don't have to believe in any religion, just know that life is worth sitting through, if you're not doing enough to make it fun maybe start hitting the gym or meet up with some old friends from high school, that's what I did when I felt lonely.
>>
[speshul snowflake] I wouldnt call myself atheist, I just dont take sides nor care about religion(s) [/speshul snowflake]

1) Have kids or just seek joy and happiness. Huge percentage of us wont leave lasting mark to this world anyway so better make most out of it

2) When it happens, it happens. Dont think about it too much or you are just wasting your life

3) Tiny village communities, tribes or something - like minded people living with like minded people. Have one rule for all, leave other communities alone.

4)
>do to others as you wish to done to you
Or how ever the hell it goes is a very good rule or dare I say law that everyone should know and actively support.
Dont remember anything else right now.
>>
>>78179688
1. Life is our one chance to enjoy the beautiful universe and other humans. I've been lucky enough to be born to enjoy it.
2. I try to live a good life.
3. Common sense
4. Most of them are okay, but stuff like no pre-martial marriage, no abortions are severely out dated and just plain stupid.
>>
>>78184332
>I feel like a constant burden and letdown on their behalf. Literally no friends, never even held hands with a woman so my genetic line is a dead end.
You should stop being a burden then instead of opting out. You won't believe me but true family cares about you far more than they do about the effect you have on them. Plus there are more people who care than you think, these replies are proof.

And don't worry about sexual and romantic stufff, it happens when it happens - the only reason we're pressured to engage in either while we're young (regardless of whether or not we meet anyone we truly love) is because of societal degeneracy.
>>
>>78180049
Southern Baptist
>>
>>78180268
Are you ready to accept the Judgement God will give you after you kill yourself, i just want to tell you now, hell will be much worse than anything you can experience on earth
>>
>>78180971
4. so should serial killers follow what makes them feel best about life
>>
>>78182664
could you show me how he was deluded
>>
>>78190277
Don't they do that regardless?
>>
>>78179688
How is being a pedophile give you any right to question other's morals?

Are you retarded or just delusional?

seek help
>>
>>78190512
yes, but should they do that
>>
>>78179688
1. Life has no objective meaning. For me personally it's about experiences, human connections, and knowledge.
2. By realizing it's part of the cycle of life.
3. I think religious values create an uncivilized society. I'm im favor of most things Christians consider "moral decay". Society will continue to shape itself in more positive ways as long as education is always improving.
4. I hear this term thrown around constantly, honestly don't know what these values are. I'm willing to bet I disagree with a few however.

As an atheist my moral code is to be nice to others, not judge, and help when possible. Not because I feel a burden to do so, but because I feel it's right to help your fellow brothers and sisters.
>>
>>78179688
>1
I give meaning to my life through music. I enjoy playing the piano and shitposting on 4chan. It's good enough for me.
>2
If it happens it happens. I'm not going to have much control over it and I can't regret it after it happens. It is what it is.
>3
Stop arguing with emotions and start respecting the good empiricism and rationality can do.
>4
Most are fine.
>>
>>78190647
It clearly doesn't matter if they should or shouldn't. They do and there's not enough amounts of "shoulds" or "shoudn'ts" that will change that.
>>
>>78191035
surprisingly we dont live that way
>>
File: 1466442055452.jpg (22 KB, 516x398) Image search: [Google]
1466442055452.jpg
22 KB, 516x398
>>78179688
1. Working toward my happiness and my family's wellbeing
2. It happens whether you want it or not, what's there to accept?
3. Christianity was going to collapse sooner or later, its fatal flaw is that you cannot prove God. What society needs to do is a form of morality whose central pillar is not a magic ghost. For example confusianism, which states that you are where you are thanks to the efforts of your family before you, and therefore you owe your family that effort back.
4. A nice attempt but doomed to ultimately fail.
>>
>>78191303
proof is different than persuasion

what would convince you of Gods existence
>>
>>78182870
For a raging materialist Stirner died too fucking poor. Embarassing.
>>
>>78179688
eat survive breed and make the world a better place in any little way you can..IE shilling for trump and brexit

you die and you rot..not nice but a harsh truth is better than a comforting lie

3 and 4? just dont be a cunt and pinch a few catholic values from the 10 commandments like dont steal or murder etc thats what i do
>>
>>78191273
Unsurprisingly not a lot of people live life the way they should.
>>
>>78191731
what is the way they should, and who decides?
>>
>>78179688
I accept the fact we don't know, and believe we will never completely understand

It's fun to theorize, but turning a theory into a full blown religion and exploiting the fact that people believed it is pretty funny

It's too late for society to take back religion, I'd say it is inevitable for religion to exist either way just because people want to fill the unknown and pretend they do know

That sums it up
>>
>>78179688
1. Life has no meaning. Do what makes you feel good avoid what makes you feel bad.
2. I don't think about it.
3. It's fine as long as you don't hurt anyone else.
4. They're horrible. Misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic, sex negative.
>>
>>78191516
>what would convince you of Gods existence
Proof. Even as a theory, I find God's existance extremely unlikely.
>>
>>78179688

1. Nothing.
2. I assume its just not existing, so it doesn't sound too bad.
3. Revamp christianism to make it more like in middle ages, or adopt a stronger less cucked religion (Paganism, Islam, even some Buddhism or Hinduism is better than this shit)
4. Most of the things are nice, the main problem is the excessive tolerance with sinners/non-believers.
>>
>>78191897
Exactly.
>>
1) I just work towards being a better person to those who are good to me. As for the meaning I just try to make people who I enjoy happy.

2) We all die so it's to be expected what happens happens

3) I'm not fit to answer
4) I'm not fit to answer
>>
>>78191920
what constitutes as proof in your opinion
>>
>>78179688
1. Subjective enjoyment
2. There's no point in fighting such a cetainty
3.Christianity did not impart good morals in the first place
4. Fuck em.
>>
>>78192126
im asking you ;)

Does the natural man decide right from wrong? if this is true how is morality different from someones favorite flavor of ice cream

Does the Government?
if so, was Pol Pot right in shooting the citizens who wear glasses
>>
>>78192285
Evidence of God's existance.
>>
>>78192784
Scientific Evidence?
Historical Evidence?
Logical Evidence?
>>
>>78179688
>1. how do you give meaning to your life
Just about how much pleasure i can give myself in the long run.

>2. How do you accept death
I can't really, I just think it's going to be in a long time and feel by then I will be so old and weak I will wish for it

>What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destructoring of Christianity has left?
Read the Bible learn from its morals, either that or adopt a new philosophy like Stocism.

Overal they are great. I love them but there is some really fucked up values that are out-dated. Like not being able to eat pork, shellfish, or swear? No lust? No Gluttony? Also you're not even allowed to commit suicide which is pretty controlling but overall it is great for holding society together.
>>
>>78193030
Scientific evidence
>>
1. I live for my own values, I am a manifestation of my ideals and live with the goal to do what I believe is right and what is worth doing/changing in this world.
2. Death is what gives life value, if there were no death life would have no value. Basically like Nietzsche I think that by depending on an afterlife you lose sight of how important the life here and now is. I deal with death by making my goal to live a life that will be enough to leave me ready and satisfied when it is time to die, and if I can't do that taking every opportunity I have now to live life to the fullest since I know that I won't be on this planet forever.
3. We should focus on the principles that keep societies together, empathy and co-operation with others to work together for a mutual interest. An understanding that providing a place in which people can be happy and prosper is one in which we all must work together and be considerate of each other.
4. For the most part I am on the fence, some of the values are good, others are complete shit.
>>
>>78193153
do you understand the Gospel message?
>>
>>78179688

I am angry that the world isn't how I was promised, and have come to the conclusion that I must make it that way. An endeavor I'll never fully accomplish but to push the world in the direction of automation just a little bit I can make the world better for my decedents.

I wish for it often but like your virginity I want it to be special. To have meaning. So I lay in wait for the opportunity to "Enter Valhalla," to die FOR something and do what I can to advance humanity if I never get that shot.

We should simply go back to the way things were, teaching Christianity in schools alongside Math and Science. I went to Catholic School and the fact is people act better with a strong moral structure that's frequently questioned, challenged and debated. I found my Christian teachers to be a little backwards but ultimately aware of the fact and fully supportive of gay culture. Which I personally don't believe is wrong, what myself and the Catholic Church agree on is being a slut is damaging to both yourself and to society.

cont.
>>
>>78193153

I like to call myself a Cultural Christian, kind of like some jews are Culturally jewish yet don't practice. I was raised Irish Catholic and still hold many of those views, except I don't see any logic to not have pre-marital sex if you're an adult. Kids shouldn't be fucking and being a whore damages the whole society so I understand why that rule exists, so you will be discreet. I can see how they'd follow the same logic with homosexuality but I've met very Milo-esque gay guys and see it as a great solution to men who otherwise would die alone and childless anyway. Christianity doesn't work for me but it works great for people that I love, and we wouldn't be happy with eachothers lives/responsibilities so that's okay. I do believe in abortion and contraception because I don't want a kid but I still want to fuck, and think pornography is natural and has been around since artists could paint a decent pair of tits.

I like Christianity, I actually cried when I lost my faith. I wanted to go back to believing but I cross a line of thinking and can't go back. What I don't like is manipulative assholes pretending to be pious and stirring up a dumb population against an imaginary foe, it's almost always a play for power or money. Same reason people don't like politicians really, but we also understand the need for them.
Also I see Christianity as the first place the mentally ill go to for help, which is why you get so many crazies. When they shut down all the insane asylums they all just went to the churches.
>>
>>78193590

I like to call myself a Cultural Christian, kind of like some jews are Culturally jewish yet don't practice. I was raised Irish Catholic and still hold many of those views, except I don't see any logic to not have pre-marital sex if you're an adult. Kids shouldn't be fucking and being a whore damages the whole society so I understand why that rule exists, so you will be discreet. I can see how they'd follow the same logic with homosexuality but I've met very Milo-esque gay guys and see it as a great solution to men who otherwise would die alone and childless anyway. Christianity doesn't work for me but it works great for people that I love, and we wouldn't be happy with eachothers lives/responsibilities so that's okay. I do believe in abortion and contraception because I don't want a kid but I still want to fuck, and think pornography is natural and has been around since artists could paint a decent pair of tits.

I like Christianity, I actually cried when I lost my faith. I wanted to go back to believing but I cross a line of thinking and can't go back. What I don't like is manipulative assholes pretending to be pious and stirring up a dumb population against an imaginary foe, it's almost always a play for power or money. Same reason people don't like politicians really, but we also understand the need for them.
Also I see Christianity as the first place the mentally ill go to for help, which is why you get so many crazies. When they shut down all the insane asylums they all just went to the churches.
>>
>>78193451
Yeah it's mainly the golden rule.
>>
>>78193645
This.
>>
>>78193362
That would be hard to find, Natural Science by definition can only test Natural phenomenon, i mean we can spend hours argueing about the complexity of the eye, but we will never convince anyone of anything.

God is the creator of the universe and by definition, is not Subject to his creation.

i love science but the scientific method is makes certain assumptions
>>
>>78179688
1. Through self improvement and actually enjoying myself.

2. Like anyone else? It's a non issue. Why do the religious get so worked up about death?

3. Go back to Christian roots.

4. Largely positive. They made the west great.
>>
>>78194342
>NON ISSUE
CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>78193951
False, Jesus taught the Golden rule, but that is not the Gospel message
i will Gladly tell you what it is
>>
>>78193951
*upon request
>>
1. I don't really believe life has a meaning.
2. Death is as when before you were born. Basically nothing, but I have no problems with that. Just makes me value my time alive, even if I'm on this website.
3. Can't really say.
4. No problems with it. If anything, I'm glad many are following said values, but I wish some wouldn't take it too literally.
>>
>>78193153
All of those outdated values ARE outdated. Jesus made a new covenant with God. All of those laws don't mean shit, Jesus said that we are all sinners. However, the interpretation in the widely accepted King James Bible that you have to accept Christ to go to heaven I believe is entirely false. I believe that his original teaching was that you should try to be like him. I don't believe he died for our sins, I believe that he died for his own sin. You should look into what Edgar Cayce said about this.
>>
File: FD93FL4FJ8OHYVD.MEDIUM.jpg (11 KB, 441x295) Image search: [Google]
FD93FL4FJ8OHYVD.MEDIUM.jpg
11 KB, 441x295
>>78179688
My sword is pure!
My thoughts are wise!
My strength is unyielding!
My Soul unbroken!

Namu Amida Butsu
>>
>>78194206
Well since God is not subject to natural laws, then we humans have no means to detect, prove or disprove him. He might even be outside our range of understanding, and therefore everything we argue about God is mere conjecture. There's no point arguing if there's a God, and no point acting as if he exists.
Besides even if we could prove that there is indeed a God, then finding which is his word and religion is another diferent can of worms.
Actually believing the scientific theories makes far less assumptions.
>>
fuck off with the weeb shit tho
>>
>>78179688
1. There is no meaning, I just do the things I like doing.
2. Valar morghulis
3. Nothing
4. Don't care about them.
>>
>>78193645
Mitochondrial DNA from sperm enter the brain of the female through the bloodstream in order to facilitate pair bonding.
This is a real phenomenon, and the God warned us against sexual intercourse with partners who we are not bonded. He even gave us the very bond we naturally seeks, in marriage.
>>
>>78195326
what are the natural laws, and are there intangible things that cannot be scientifically explained that we know exists ie love
>>
>>78179688
1, You give life your own meaning, do whatever you want with your life, you're a blank canvas.
2. I don't know. I'm not dead, am I?
3. Let people believe what they want to believe, not really our place to decide what people think is true.
4. If it stops people murdering eachother, knock yourself out.
>>
>>78195726
But we can explain love, it's a chemical reaction inside the brain. And even if there's things we cannot understand they don't directly imply that God exists. God of gaps is a really bad argument.
>>
>>78179688
Whatever I decide.
Like being born in reverse.
I don't support the decline of Christianity.
I've heard said "values" be explained 100 different ways so elaborate.
>>
>>78196219
im talking about Conceptual love, not a sex drive, if your thoughts are just chemical reactions in your head, can you trust that your thoughts are rational
>>
>>78179688
1, I simply don't know
2. I haven't, the thought of eternity of non-existence scares the fuck out of me
3. Society will simply replace it with Islam, thought I hate it, the majority want it.
4. They are great
>>
>>78179688
Same as everyone, I do shit I enjoy. It's been mostly programming the last 5 years or so.
I'm obviously not the norm, but I'm planning on killing myself once certain parameters are met. So I guess that counts as "accepting death".
I don't think it's possible. The vast majority of people are way too self-centred to do so without a threat of infinite torture and pain. Especially in the west where everyone, especially women, lead such lavish lives and where the main goal of many people is to "try everything in life".
Not really sure what you mean by that, but if you mean the normal everyday values most Christian spouts then I suppose they're okay. It has a good track record seeing as how the western civilisation is the most successful civilisation on earth, but it fails miserably to fight long term goals like globalism that would destroy that very same identity in the first place. If anything, it's "too welcoming" with the wrong kind of people to the point it risks its own existence.
>>
>>78179688
1 - I don't.
2 - I don't.
3 - Continue the fight against degeneracy. Yes, even atheism.

4 - God was a dick, too short-sighted to know that his rules were literally impossible to follow, but then he came around and owned up to it. To do that, he quit his cuck-dad's go-nowhere career, told his overbearing Jew mom to mind her own business, trolled the religious authorities of his day, whipped the shit out of a bunch of religious hypocrites, gave the government the runaround, took a three day weekend, and told everyone, "You can accept me for who I am, or you can go to Hell."

I can see why people like the guy, and if only more people could act like that, I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>78197654
4. I would disagree that he is short sighted, he knew we would fall short, thats why God became Flesh, and attoned for the sins of his beleivers
>>
>>78196781
Love and lust are different reactions in the brain. one is triggered by oxoticyn and the other is controlled by testosterone. Both are still chemical reactions inside the brain.
>if your thoughts are just chemical reactions in your head, can you trust that your thoughts are rational
You don't 'trust' your thoughts being rational, you just think as your brain allows you to. A crazy person dos not know he is crazy. Still, given that nobody has found my thoughts or behaviour to be overly weird, I can for now asume that I'm not crazy, but rational.
>>
>>78198224
how do you know your not in a schitzo in a psych ward
>>
>>78179688
1. Making the world better, be productive to society, have fun, but mainly reproduce.
2. I don't understand the question. I just die.
3. Reject the leftism. Leftism is the decay.
4. I view modern western christianity as passive beta cuck ideology, bowing down to Islam. Orthodoxy christianity is based tho.
>>
>>78198501
I can't know. And neither can you.
>>
>>78197654
what are you, and can you know who you are better than your maker,
>>
>>78198674
yes i can
>>
>>78179688

It has no meaning in itself. But know, that we can still be happy with what it is. I would suggestion meditation.

How do you not? Accept doesn't mean you must love it. It's just the reality of the situation. We are programmed so to want to live, in a world where you must die.

Christianity was part of the moral decay. It is a lie. Waking up, does not mean believing in lies to please the flesh.

They aren't good enough. Jews in a desert many years ago, does not stand up to what we can do today.

Free yourself from this matrix.
>>
>>78198773
>Says the schizo in the psych ward
>>
>>78199035
i know im not a schitzo the same way you do, Revelation from the God that everyone knows exists
Romans 1:18-22
>>
post more christ chan
>>
>>78199232
That makes no sense. All could be inside your mind.
>>
>>78199035
Schizophrenia doesn't work like that.

I have it, so I know. You generally know when you're in the psych ward, although you might also think it's something else. Like, for example that the psych ward is a secret death camp. Noone in a psych ward is living an entire life in their head.
>>
File: Albert-Camus-7.jpg (23 KB, 320x306) Image search: [Google]
Albert-Camus-7.jpg
23 KB, 320x306
>>78179688

Not an atheist, I just don't really think about it. It isn't unlikely that there is some sort of higher being or realm.

1. Meaning comes from our conscience.

2. I try to live in the moment.

3. Moral decay?

4. Totally fine. The parts about sex are silly, though.
>>
>>78199601
if you cant tell your not a schitzo, how can you tell me what i know
>>
File: 1464925636486.jpg (59 KB, 521x509) Image search: [Google]
1464925636486.jpg
59 KB, 521x509
>>78179688
Thank you for the thread anon!

Hopefully you're Catholic.

Also friend I think the end times are nearing; Sentient AI will be the "breath of life" given to the "image of the beast' (Revelations 13:15).
>>
>>78199960
So basically
>If I can ignore a glaring possibility, I am undebatable
8/10 got me hooked for a while.
>>
File: 1414167168701.png (49 KB, 671x609) Image search: [Google]
1414167168701.png
49 KB, 671x609
>>78179688
Why does life 'need' meaning?
It's the same thing as how it was before I was born, just nothing
Why should I care or fear that?
Christianity is responsible for destroying the old west
Morality is a social construct that predates any Abrahamic religion
What?
>>
File: 1441738137835.png (144 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441738137835.png
144 KB, 500x500
>>
>>78200277
can you know anything to be true
>>
File: 1465459480985.jpg (130 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1465459480985.jpg
130 KB, 670x503
>>78179688
1) Well, it's nothing very special. Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

2) It's natural and the fact that this is my only life makes it that much more special and makes me want to do as much good as I can.

3) The individual who cares about not being degenerate should not act degenerate, bollocks to what the collective wants as those individuals who behave immorally are only harming themselves.

4) Judaeo-Christian values are a meme. They are really just Aristotelian ethics.
>>
>>78200534
I can actually. Math is an absolute science.
>>
I'm still trying to figure out what is important in this world.
It's natural, just embrace it.
It should reconstruct and defend all christian institutions. Resist the jew. Don't impose the faith, but impose all institutions and morals. Don't give freaks an inch.
Better than what our modern world gave us. Feminism, LGBT and this crazy shit should have no place in our world. I would prefer to see families and Jesus in it's place. Praise be to him.
>>
>>78190068
Where does it say that suicide is a sin?
>>
File: usa.jpg (36 KB, 444x352) Image search: [Google]
usa.jpg
36 KB, 444x352
>>78197946
>>78198692
>Continue the fight...

Good man, anon.
>>
>>78192715
The government creates rules that are in the best interest of its people (well thats the intent, execution is a different story). So killing people doesnt even need to be a moral argument. Is not being killed in the best interest of the people yes/no. There is your answer.
>>
1. I give my own worth.
2. Death is a a sad thing but it's there
3.try to stop trying to focus In a great beyond after death and try to make the world a bit better for our future generation do they can see the beauty it has and to show not all is messed up ( lol I spilled myself here a little)

4. Never really understood what's there about Ill look in to it, Thanks op for suggestion on what to read about.

I don't really hate all Christian it's just those that are obsessedover it and try to prove the only worth is in the name of God. I just want people to get along but that's never gona happen (heck I bet there's someone hating and looking done on this comment right now)
>>
1. There is no meaning to life
2. Death is a fact of life. Accepting that is ezpz
3. Get rid of regressives ASAP
4. As long as your values aren't killing anybody I'm good with it
>>
>>78202302
Was typing on phone sorry for typos.
>>
>>78179688
1. There's really no universal way to give meaning to something meaningless. How do you give meaning to a rock? All you can do is use it in various ways.
2. You just do, there's no easy road.
3. Embrace good philosophical movements like Stoicism.
4. Most of them are very sensible, some of them are bullshit.
>>
>>78179688
by trying to be a good man
death is a natural thing that occurs to all known life
>christianity
>not morally decadent in the past
the overall virtue garbage, love your neighbour shit? pretty gud
>>
File: 1440431921544.gif (970 KB, 436x469) Image search: [Google]
1440431921544.gif
970 KB, 436x469
>>78179688
1. Other people and creative works, realising this has given me a more fulfilling life.
2. Deal with it and hope I leave some kind of legacy, you die twice. It's a morbid thought.
3. Nothing, with any luck it'll fix itsself.
4. They're a good starting point
>>
1. Life has no meaning.
2. Such is life.
3. National socialism
4. Pretty good. I have christian morals and I bet most athiests do. I just don't believe in God.
>>
File: 1465176842902.png (150 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465176842902.png
150 KB, 500x500
>>78179688
Technically an agnostic (I don't know that there ISN'T a god), but I don't subscribe to any particular beliefs.

>>1, How do you give meaning to your life?
My life is what I make of it. I can do whatever I feel between now and oblivion, as can you.
Death is nothing. Death is the ultimate end. It's something I can embrace at any time, which gives me the greatest freedom.
Educate people to not be shitbags. Punish people for being shitbags. If people can't keep themselves in line, the State should be there to guide them.
Overbearing at times, but at least it's a moral framework. If you need the threat of Hell or promise of Heaven to make you a good person so be it.

Christ-chan a cute.
>>
>>78179688
Do good for the sake of good, not for hope of reward for doing good or fear of retribution for not doing good.
Do evil for the sake of another so that they are not weighed down by their evil, not for the sake of oneself, this makes the evil a source of good.
>>
File: ayylmao.gif (1 MB, 304x376) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.gif
1 MB, 304x376
>>78179688
>1. Just enjoy life. Degeneracy feels good in the short term, but it destroys you in the long run. Live wisely.
>2. Looking forward to it. Eternal oblivion is comfy.
>3. Teach traditional conservative values, emphasize on the tangible consequences other than "you'll burn in hell"
>4. The best in the world, but it's not perfect. Some issues require discussion.
>>
>>78202248
does the Government always do that
>>
>>78201702
what is murder?
>>
>>78179688

There is no meaning besides the one that I give to it. Knowing that deep down, I care (or choose to care) about things is enough.

I'm honestly kind of happy that this shitshow will be over one day. I won't hasten the process, no point in that, but I certainly welcome it.

Apply eugenics to breed a smarter race able to find meaning by themselves. And nationalism, cult of aesthetics, etc. What we crave isn't necessarily a religion, it's sacred things.

8/10 it's alright, a bit too passive and prone to guilt I think.
>>
>>78201702
he would also be held accountable for other sins
>>
>>78201237
is math material, or Conceptual
>>
>>78205130
A social construct.
>>
>>78205810
define what murder is
>>
>>78179688
1. I figure it out for myself. Meaning is a subjective thing I'd say, so I'll make my own goals.
2. Well I will most likely happen sometime, so I try not to think about it.
3. Solidarity between humans, and a scientific evaluation of what practices contribute to a healthy society.
4. Some of them are really sound, but I do not like the way that religions often claim morals as an element exclusive to their portfolios.
>>
>>78179688
i tell you to go fuck yourself and you leave me alone faggot christian. get out of my doorway
>>
>>78205976
can you account for objective morality without God
>>
>>78179688
1>there isnt any
2>no choice but to
3>decay even harder
4>"values" lol
>>
>>78179688
1. making the most out of the time i have
2. if i feel like i did well with 1, then i have few regrets
3. anything besides replacing it with islam. no atheist can tell you with a straight face that islam should be influencing our country rather than christianity.
4. should be obvious after 3.
>>
>>78206135
No. I think that morals are subjective. However, I don't that it prevents us, in a sociatel context or in a community, to come to an agreement on what should be deemed right and wrong.
>>
>>78206283
at least your somewhat honest about your worldview
>>
>>78205038
Now you are just going off topic. The point was who decides whats right or wrong. I said that right and wrong dont matter if a body in charge makes a decision that benefits the majority or a significant populous.(most good for the most people) Therefore why would one need morality when we are weighing benefits against losses. They are subjective matters.
>>
>>78206457
is it always wrong to torture babies to death for mere pleasure?
>>
File: 1466377278134.png (627 KB, 521x1097) Image search: [Google]
1466377278134.png
627 KB, 521x1097
>>78179688
>How do you give meaning to your life?
How do you give meaning to yours? How is this question relevant?
Death to me just seems like an eternal, peaceful sleep. I am fine with death as long as it is when I am old and gray and die peacefully surrounded by friends and family.
>What should society do to fill the moral decay that the destructoring of Christianity has left?
Replace Cuckianity with the beliefs of our ancestors.
Please enlighten me on what "Judeo-Christian values" are
>>
>>78206506
so society is the moral standard
>>
>>78179688
My meaning is to survive, that includes my blood line.
Death is like sleeping with no dreaming, I won't even know I'm dead.
Society can do nothing, Christianity has nothing to do with our degenerating society, cultural Marxism is to blame.
I'm a firm believer in all Christian values/morals. I just don't believe in the sky fairy.
>>
>>78205887
"Murder" is an english word used to describe some killings of humans by other humans. It's more a legal term than anything else. If I kill someone without my government's permissions it's "murder", but if I kill someone with my government's permission it's just "warfare."
>>
>>78206579
My answer to that is yes. I cannot imagine babies, I assume you mean infants, doing anything ever that would condone on them torture. Also I do not belive that crueltry against children is ever a good thing, no matter the pleasure anyone could potentionally gain from it.
>>
>>78206725
Yes society give us answers to what is right and wrong. That's what a social norm is.
>>
>>78207116
would an unjustified killing of a human being be a fair definition?
>>
>>78207164
so you retract that morality is relative?
>>
>>78207292
No, because if I unjustly kill a dozen innocent people at the same time as my (legally designated) target, it still isn't murder.
>>
>>78207568
No. I would need a pretty fucking rock solid argument if I am to change my mind on that one.
>>
>>78179688
1. Life has no inherent meaning, but I apply as much friendliness and benevolence to it as possible to "make the world a better place"
2. Everything dies, probably even the universe. Deal with it.
3. Sell morals as stand-alone products. Even without the framework of a fantastic story and churches, people can still not be horrid dicks to each other. Imparting wisdom is difficult and tedious, but as long as kids see that choices have consequences they'll eventually be able to make their own decisions.
4. They're pretty good, for the most part. They worked very well for certain groups across the eras and still keep the listless ruffians in line with fear of divine punishment. Most of the morals like the Golden Rule are common sense values that don't need a specific religion to propagate, but without being codified in a larger body of work people might not hear of them or give a shit.
>>
>>78207675
your right thats called man slaughter

how about the intentional unjust killing of a human being
>>
>>78207864
is it always wrong for anyone to torture babies for the sake of mere pleasure
>>
>>78208334
I would say yes. Crueltry against others for ones own pleasure is something I find very repulsive, I would encourage people not to give into it if, should such an urge manifest.
>>
>>78208546
But thats just your opinion?
>>
>>78208812
Yes. But as I said earlier I'd argue that we can come to common agreement about what is right and wrong.
>>
1. Kek. Christcucks think slavery to an omnipotent entity is a great meaning of life.
To answer that - live my life. I consider it meaningless by definition. Compared to universal processes a human life is extremely short - so live life for yourself by yourself, make sure you have a next generation following you, and make sure to not fuck up your own.

2. You die, everything dies. Dogs die, bacteria die, you`re not going to be a snowflake that`s going to evade it and have another one somewhere else. It just going to end. Like a movie. Nothingness.

3. Nationalism. Live to improve the life of the next generation, not your afterlife.

4. Don`t have a stance. Don`t care, not going to take one on a subject that does not affect me at all.
>>
>>78208952
so majority rule determines right and wrong
>>
>>78208959
1. you want to be free from God, when you die, he will give you what you think you want
>>
>>78208195
Define "just", which defines "unjust".
>>
>>78209296
as a christian, Just conforms to the nature of God, un just, goes against the nature of God

killing for feels unjust

killing to punish wickedness via Government Just Romans 13
>>
>>78209074
In some cases I would say yes, even if it is a silent majority. And that is a problem I think in some cases, but there is only so much a minority can do against a stuborn majority.
>>
>>78209704
so if the majority wanted to torture babies to death for mere pleasure, it would be morally acceptable
>>
>>78179688
politics has nothing to do with religion unless you are a islamic fuckboy
pls go
>>
>>78179688
Agnostic here, but since I highly doubt that if a god exists it's a magical skydaddy that will take care of us all in his space daycare:

1) Because we die, and I want to do the most I can with my fleeting time on earth.
2) It's an inescapable fact of life, so I see no reason to fret over it
3) There hasn't been any "moral decay," just a bunch of stuck up traditionalists who are mad because other people don't live their lives exactly how the traditionalists think they should.
4) Just like any other religion, the values that fit within the Golden Rule are fine, everything past that ranges somewhere between "I'm not hurting you or anyone else so why do you care" and "you sick fuck"
>>
>>78209956
yes it does
>>
>>78209897
Probably, but I personally do not think it is ever morally right to do so.
>>
File: QUuCdVk.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
QUuCdVk.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>78179688
1. Simply, I just do it.
2. Death will be rest for me so it's okay. Long work ahead though.
3. Return to pre-christian religion/values if possible. If not, then I don't know.
4. Gas the kikes and their ideas.
>>
>>78210237
i like chocolate ice cream too
>>
>>78210563
Who doesn't?
>>
>>78209586
>>as a christian, Just conforms to the nature of God, un just, goes against the nature of God
>killing for feels unjust
>killing to punish wickedness via Government Just Romans 13
Bam, "murder" is an arbitrary definition dependent on man-made law and societal norms. It has no true, universal meaning. Murder is a social construct.
>>
>>78210678
but we dont live that way, we live like there is a sense of justice in the world,
>>
>>78210872
are all words abitrary
>>
>>78211046
>we live like there is a sense of justice in the world
That's a pretty ignorant way to live. Those who deserve justice the most will never know my name.
>>
>>78211255
?
>>
I give it meaning by doing shit and enjoying myself.

Don't think about it too much. I just accept that one day I won't be here and tha's that.

Trump 2016 baby

Mainstream ones I can agree mostly on (apart from all that stuff regarding chastity before marriage).
>>
>>78211236
>are all words abitrary
Of course not you fucking rube.
"Seventeen" refers to a specific quantity of something.
To "kill" is to cause the death of something.
A "human" is a being belonging to the Hominina clade.

"Murder" is different things to different people.
>>
>>78211820
but to God murder is murder
>>
>>78212033
"God" is a valuable social control mechanism. There is not yet any evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>78212308
explain how the God of the Bible is a control mechanism
>>
>>78180049
I'm not part of a church because of your last statement, but I'm still Christian. One of the powerful parts of the faith is you can learn and believe on your own. No intermediary is required for absolution.
>>
>>78180145
Yup. Another phrase coined by the juden.
>>
>>78212693
church is good for christians
>>
>>78212457
The bible itself is a control mechanism, written by man to control the gullible. "God" is just a character in a book.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.