[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Australia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
What's Australia's maximum capacity on terms of people?
>I dont care about food restrictions
Just:
>The people have to be housed properly.
>The population must have confort
So
>no overcrowding.

And, what's Australia's diameter?
>I've already got the area from wikipedia.
>>
>The population must have comfort
That would put Australia's maximum capacity at 0.
>>
>>78151830
>And, what's Australia's diameter?
>>I've already got the area from wikipedia.
(√Area ÷ π)2
>>
>>78151830
whole population on Earth would take on size of Texas
>>
>>78151830
We've got like no rivers it's a water issue not a space issue
>>
File: 1451970225685.jpg (77 KB, 457x376) Image search: [Google]
1451970225685.jpg
77 KB, 457x376
>>78151936
>>
>>78151830
Fuck off nigger, stay in your shithole.
>>
You have to understand Australia is a highly urbanised nation. 95% of the population live in or near the city, and generally work in the cities.

If you take into consideration this limitation, the amount of urban sprawl available is limited on the public transportation extending to the outer suburbs. Most people are fine commuting 2 hours by train, but anything more is unfeasible.

Kevin Rudd believes Australia will hit 50mil by 2050, which is a reasonable assessment given the speed in which immigration is growing.

If you were to stretch the limit, 100mil would be the peak before you see a deterioration of quality of life.

Another big limitation is the great dividing range, which extends across the eastern seaboard. This causes a stress on how far you can actually push the sprawl. Places like Sydney are already seeing this, as there's cery little room for new development.

Also you cannot live in the center. Not practical and there's no more jobs besides the dwindling mining boom.
>>
>>78154492
I'm talking about theory here. Idc on whether there are no main cities in the center, but how many people can Australka house confortably in it's whole territoy?
>>
>>78156656
That's an odd question to ask. I guess we could it as many as the USA given we have similar areas. 300mil would be the peak but it wouldn't be comfortable and there certainly wouldnt be enough water for them all.
>>
>>78156656
Huehuehuehues not welcome you savage motherfucker
>>
>>78154492
If I were to, theoritically make all of Australia's territory 'liveable' for human beings, with food, water, and housing; how many people would be able to live there?
>>
>>78156875
If we could control the weather maybe yeh 300 mil. I wou;d honestly say about 100 mil would be our absolute capacity and that would have to be achieved at our current growth. Water is too big of an issue for massive population. Like we barely have enough sometimes now
>>
>>78151936
>0

Well. At least I am not canadian...
>>
>>78157023
Fuck off
Dont know what proxies are? Brazil's network settings seldomly have any kind of censorship
>>
>>78158779
so you live in a country where 4chan is blocked by ISPs? you should've just gone with being a BR monkey because that's less embarassing
>>
>>78157415
>100 million

mate say that during the next drought
>>
File: King.jpg (525 KB, 806x952) Image search: [Google]
King.jpg
525 KB, 806x952
DUDE LET'S TAX OUR NATURAL RESOURCES TO THE ABSOLUTE LIMIT LMAO! THERE IS NO WAY THIS COULD BACKFIRE!
>>
>>78159347
I could have gone USA, but there's NSA.
I could've also gone EU, but there's the torrent problem. I recon brazil doesnt have any kind of policy regarding internet, so I can do what the fuck I want to.
>ISP's also do what they want with the prices, but that doesnt affect me.
>>
>>78161720
Do what all the other Brazilians do and enrol at an Australian university.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.