[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't afford college and the military rejected me for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: 1466458133850.gif (498 KB, 500x593) Image search: [Google]
1466458133850.gif
498 KB, 500x593
I can't afford college and the military rejected me for having seen a counselor in the past. (No medication or depression symptoms, purely by parents request.)

What are some respectable career paths I can work towards without being a leech? I'm having a tough time making a plan and my parents are pushing me to find something to get me out of the house which I totally understand.
>>
Time to take up a trade, boy. Try electrician.
>>
>military reject for seing a counselor
What
>>
>>78102192
Psychiatrist, sorry.
My parents told me to go to one because they thought I was in a slump, I went to make them happy.

The military found out about it and apparently it's a red flag, they don't want anyone potentially mentally unstable.
>>
>>78102359
>america
Wew lad

get a trades job
>>
>>78102025
>military rejected me for having seen a counselor in the past
Horry shet what.

Find a job and stay with your parents (to minimize cost) until you have enough money to get an apprenticeship/course/schnellkurz/whatever then try to find a job in that field and work your way up or something.

Honestly I don't know, my country ensures everyone gets proper education for free and Ive never heard about our Army rejecting people.
>>
>>78102446
Better yet, mcdonalds
>>
File: 1463949595786.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1463949595786.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>they don't want anyone potentially mentally unstable.

You bought that?
>>
>>78102549
It's just what I got told anon, I tried 3 branches and got the same result every time.

>>78102446
I'll be honest I'm not even sure where to start with that. I have about $6k saved up from low paying jobs here and there but none of those really felt like they'd be able to cover living expense + cost of school or training
>>
Wow you're recruiter was a real buddy fucker if they denied you for that. Mine told all kinds of lies for me before I joined. Try a different branch of service (assuming you only tried one) and hopefully your recruiter won't be such a cunt. Otherwise I agree with the guys above, learning a trade is the way to go.

http://www.rd.com/advice/work-career/15-jobs-you-can-land-without-going-to-college/
>>
>>78102952
just get a brain dead job that pays okay and save up.

take online classes and learn shit online then go to college later.
>>
>>78102025
Did you tell them you saw a counselor previously, or did they find out from reviewing your medical history? Because usually omitting things like that when joining will fuck you up big time if they find out later.
>>
>>78102025

>getting life advice from /pol/
>>
>>78102996
I tried the air force first on recommendation from a few people and he wasn't very helpful at all. After being rejected from the air force for that the other branches rejected me despite the recruiters working with me to find a loophole.

As for the trade schools, is there an average expense on this sort of thing? I'm trying to make a reasonable 4-5 year plan here so I don't get stuck in a rut.
>>
What state do you live in OP?
>>
>>78102359
Military can't find out anything you don't tell them numbnuts. Stop lying and go back. The army will take anyone with a pulse these days.
>>
>>78102025
I'm in the same boat, got rejected from the air force. If you like programming, look into programming boot camps. My brother is a web developer, says half of his team didn't go to college. I'm about 1 month into one and I've been learning a lot. Do some research, there is probably one near you.
>>

How did the recruiter find out? The reason why I'm asking is because I'm planning on going to a marine recruiter sometime next week and I had to see a councilor several times during high school.
>>
>>78103317
Texas

>>78103349
The army recruiter bent over backwards to try to get me in but after being rejected from the air force for that they just declined as well. (I'm assuming, I had nothing else on my record besides that.)
>>
File: JoinToday.jpg (608 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
JoinToday.jpg
608 KB, 800x1280
>>78102025
>Willingly telling the military about your psychiatric history.

Re-apply to a different branch
Don't tell them about your last application
Don't mention counseling.
On top of them not being able to look into it because, where the fuck would they even start trying to prove such a suspicion, HIPAA regulations means even if they were to find the doctor you saw they can't force your medical records from him
>>
>>78102025

Study HTML/CSS/PHP and start doing webdesign.
It's simple/cheap to learn.
Or you can buy a couple books if you can afford a few used ones and look into getting A+, MSCA/MCSE certifications or Red Hat certified.
>>
>>78103604
I saw a counselor for one visit when I was 16 will that hurt my chances? He said there was nothing wrong.
>>
>>78103604
If you know Spanish and don't mind working hard and also interfacing with customers you will find it in construction.
>>
>>78102190
Realistically, how easy is it to become an electrician? I've been giving it some thought myself and am largely in the same boat as OP.

Although in my case, preschool teacher convinced my mom I was insane because she despised all the boys in her class and her recommended doctor prescribed some pills that made me literally go fucking insane until they wore off. It was a turning point for my parents and they've never trusted behavioral medication since.
>>
>>78103604
>rejected from the chair force
LEL

Either you're lying about the nature of your treatment, or you're just not telling the whole story.
>>
>>78103301
Ever suck dick before? There's a whole Lotta sucking' to be had in this big big world of penis.
>>
>>78103738
Just make a few websites yourself if you're interested in doing that. It's easy anyone can do that and the fun thing is that there are a lot of vacancies in webdev in Netherlands.

Though most ask for a CS degree or something related anyway.
>>
File: 1466547220556.png (183 KB, 527x495) Image search: [Google]
1466547220556.png
183 KB, 527x495
Just accept the NEET path.
>>
>>78103582
That's /pol/ for "I got rejected for being too fat"
>>
Get in touch with a local Union Hall and ask if there are any apprenticeships available. They will give you on the job training to learn a trade with the potential for very good pay. Try to get into pipefitting, millwright, or instrumentation. Electricians are a dime a dozen.
>>
Git gud at math

figure out the rest later
>>
>>78102025

compose music, your ID compels you

or go be a plumber or something. probably won't be automated soon
>>
>>78104116
>not just killing yourself
Don't inconvenience others.
>>
File: 1465677729837.jpg (88 KB, 800x1130) Image search: [Google]
1465677729837.jpg
88 KB, 800x1130
>>78104976
Thank you for your tax dollars, waveslave.
>>
>>78105155
>implying I'm not a NEET
>implying I'm not scouting locations for The Day
I hope you enjoy homelessness when Canada can no longer afford to pay for fuck-ups.
>>
>>78105155
front butt
>>
File: 1466557654546.png (94 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466557654546.png
94 KB, 400x400
>>78105384
I'll become a monk if it comes to that.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>78102025
Why the fuck did you not lie about seeing a counselor?

ALL POTENTIAL US MILITARY RECRUITES LISTEN UP

As long as you're absolutely positive you're not going to blow your brains out before your contract is complete you can easily not mention seeing a psychologist/therapist. The military is not the CIA they won't research your medical history they don't have the time or money to do it. So don't tell them about your edgy teenage suicide attempt or taking adhd medicine for a brief time when you were a little kid.

That stuff basically auto disqualifies you. If you do decide to go through and lie about it don't pussy out when they interrogate you on your medical history remember that THEY WONT ACTUALLY INVESTIGATE IT IF YOU TOLD THEM NOTHING.

To clarify this only goes for mental shit you should tell them about real physical issues
>>
>>78106667
Ive been caught for marijuanna twice both misdemeanor
Can i still get in?
>>
>>78107638
As long as you pass the drug test I don't think it automatically disqualifies you. I may be wrong though if it's a misdemeanor. Talk to a Army and Marines recruiter they're a little lighter on drug history.
>>
>>78103777
Don't tell them.
Basically, just never have a headache.
Tell them you're perfectly healthy.
>>
>>78102025
You need to go to a different recruiting office, those guys are fucking idiots. If you're not cheating, you're not trying. Recruiter Motto.
>>
>>78102025
French foreign legion my friend.
>>
>>78113337
Don't call him "my friend", my dude.
>>
>>78102025

>he told the truth

what kinda retard are you, the military would have 1/4 of the force that it does if people actually told the truth
>>
>>78102359
Really? I would never be conscripted, thank god!
>>
>>78102025
Even rich niggers are bad at tipping
>Delivering Pizzas
>Given a $150 order to take
>Haul ass to make sure I get the pizzas there in less than 30 min
>Big Fucking House at least $500,000 in the Suburbs of Houston,TX
>Knock on the door and act very friendly, joking back and forth about random bullshit
>Friendly nig nog, family man, and found out he was a doctor
>He hands me the receipt folded up so I couldn't see the tip
>Usually this is a good sign that they left a god tier tip
>Say goodbyes and thank the negro
>Only left a couple dollar tip
>Pissed driving back and tell my bro manager
>Bro manager confirms that niggers tip like shit no matter how rich they are

I mean hook your drivers up, we get paid less than minimum wage when we are taking your pizzas to your house. Even before I started the job I always tipped at least $5, but I'm white so I guess that's why I'm so nice. Even the trailer trash whites I deliver tip at least 10% most of the time.
>>
>>78113929
What if he doesn't like dude, bro?
>>
>>78114500
Don't call me "bro", guy.
>>
>>78104116

How do you into neetdom and support yourself?
>>
>>78102025
did your parents really fuck up so badly that you need the military as a foster?

count yourself blessed that you won't be a gangster murdering foreigners for Wall Street profits. growing weed is a more honorable profession.

i have family that weld and make good money. expect to travel. be damn good at it, or get kicked off that leaf pipeline
>>
>>78104116
NEET is the basement jew
>>
>>78114363

when I learned you had to box that shit and make half the sides I learned to tip drivers better.
>>
File: 1444689780125.jpg (28 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1444689780125.jpg
28 KB, 308x308
>>78102025
Bruh just tell them you went to consoling because of parents marriage. Thats what i told em
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.