[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atomic bombing of Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
What does /pol/ think of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
>>
two nukes weren't enough
>>
I don't care
>>
Saved lives that would've been lost in a land-invasion from US.

Introduced the age of nukes that kinda keeps everyone in peace in a weird way which is okay.
>>
>>78090508
Absolute lulzfest.

It's what they get for trying to steal our markets, but they learned their lesson. Now they need ro help us raep the Norkies.
>>
>>78090508
STANDING
>>
>>78090508
>oh shit our country is in a world war now
>hmm, what should we do
>oh I know, we should sneak attack a country that's stronger than ours both militarily and economically
>the one that isn't even participating in the war?
>yeah that one

What the fuck were they japs thinking?
>>
>>78090508
Should have been Jerusalem, Mecca and Rome
>>
People will re-hash the tired old cliche that it saved lives by preventing the war for lasting, but in reality, Japan had agreed to surrender LONG LONG before the bombing. Like six or so months, but the president did not want to let them surrender.

So not only was the bombing unneeded but so was the last six months of the war. This had been reported by some general but I forget which.
>>
>>78090508
Japan doesn't mind, the only people who care are British so thus it's a non-issue.
>>
saved japan from communism and many lifes from both japanese and american.
>>
The atomic bombs resembles the genders.
>>
>>78090508
It was really really really funny and they deserved it.
>>
Full show of force is completely moral when attacked
>>
We needed to put them in their place, just like an open palm slap for a hysterical woman.
>>
>>78090508
It was unnecessary but it doesn't bother me too much
>>
>>78090508
it was hot. and I dont mean temperature wise.
>>
>>78090508

If you get a chance, check the plans for the actual invasion of Japan. We intended to soften up the beaches with no less than six nukes.

We did them a fucking favor.
>>
crucial in getting japan to capitulate
a ground war would have been worse than vietnam
>>
>>78090508
War crime that went unpunished.
>>
Horrifying, but it is good that it ended the war quickly and kept Japan united.
>>
>>78090508
but why the fuck two nukes? the second one was dropped just for the lulz.
>>
probably should've aimed for okinawa or shikoku both of which are bum fuck japan.

Nipponjin would've been pretty sad about losing a couple of farmers.
>>
>>78091227
based Muhomed
>>
>>78091611
t. Britbong visiting America
Or Britbong with a vpn
>>
>>78091999
They didn't surrender after the first
>>
File: cotton.jpg (10 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
cotton.jpg
10 KB, 210x240
>>78090508
The dang Tojos had their chance to surrender and they didnt take it. They got what they deserved
>>
>implying nukes exist
Top kek
>>
>>78091789
>kept Japan united
idk, Japan split down the middle with communist on one side and capitalism on the other might have been cool
look at the wonders it did for Germany
>>
>>78090508
Better than Japan becoming communist
>>
>>78092190
this we literally bombed the shit out of tokyo and osaka with regular bombs and those crafty japs were still all
>"fuck youuu ruuuuuuuu"
we just so happened to be making the A bomb at the time
>>
>>78090508
Pretty damn skippy
>>
shrug
>>
Did what they needed to do.

Best option at the time. Japan deserved both. America should never apologize for war.
>>
>>78090508
I think we should have dropped them way earlier, instead of dancing around a bunch of islands with the nips.
>>
Unfortunate but necessary. If they didn't happen the Japs would have just kept coming until we were dead.
>>
Somebody from Japan has spoken.
>>
>>78090692
This. Humans a shit. Mutually assured destruction is the only thing that keeps us in check.
>>
>>78092861
Right, but he probably has radiation poisoning so we can't trust him.

If you asked me, I'd probably shrug.
>>
>>78090508
One smart jew said murrikans had to nuke japs because war was almost over and all that money wasted on a-bomb would make people behind atomic project look bad (yes it would still be cool weapon in few years but people live in today). So they nuked japs.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.