[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should intelligent design be taught in schools as an alternative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
Should intelligent design be taught in schools as an alternative to evolution?
>>
>>78055415
There's no evidence to support it
>>
>>78055415
they should just teach children that they were created by the christian god in his own image and that they are either boys or girls - not both nor interchangable
>>
>>78055415
No because it's fucking nonsense with no scientific basis.
>>
It's up to the states.
>>
>>78055415
Yeah, and schools should also teacg that mole people cause earthquakes.
>>
How is it an alternative? They are hardly mutually exclusive.
>>
Evolution and Intelligent design are one and the same you slow, cave-dwelling fucks. Science and religion are the same fucking thing.
>>
>schools
>teach
>>
>>78055415
They taught it in the English class I took when I was going to community college. It was used when discussing logical fallacies and I thought it was appropriate there.
>>
No, because it's not science

Science makes predictions and tests them
>>
It's not a scientific idea, and thus not an alternative to evolution.
>>
>>78055415
Not in science class.
>>
File: 1336480199698.jpg (13 KB, 300x315) Image search: [Google]
1336480199698.jpg
13 KB, 300x315
>>78055415

>when you can't tell if it's a shitpost or just a regular religious person
>>
>>78056171
The fuck are you doing up ausbro?
>>
>>78055415
Nah because schools shouldn't support any religions
>>
>>78055415
no. academia should remain secular and scientific, unless you're shelling out the cash for private religious schools.

if you wanna teach your kids that evolution is a tool used by whatever intelligence designed this shithole, that's fine with me.
>>
>>78055415

No.
>>
>>78055415
>"Intelligent" Design
>Entire lecture is "Lol God made it"
>>
File: cthulhu.jpg (149 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu.jpg
149 KB, 1280x1024
>>78055415
>>78055415
No it is degeneracy.
>>
>>78055415
>intelligently design.... evolution

>EVOLUTION BTFO
>>
>>78056295

I have a 26 hour circadium rythum (my day lasts for 26 hours), as a result my wake-sleep cycle rotates.
>>
Intelligent design? What is that, some Web 4.0 thing?
>>
>>78055415

Most here agree that a lot of pointless shit is taught in school, a lot of which people don't even remember, nor use, so yes, I don't see why not. Another pointless subject wouldn't hurt in the slightest. Besides, it's good to have an open mind. Lots of scientific theories that were thought in the past got debunked and aren't thought anymore. Science isn't infallible. Teach people to think for themselves and accept whichever truth they prefer.
>>
>>78055415
>Should homeopathy be taught in med school as an alternative to medicine?
>>
You might as well teach kids that magical America Fairies planted seeds from which the first Americans grew, 6000 years ago.
>>
>>78057008
I agree, there SHOULD be a Mormon alternative.
>>
>>78055415
What is being taught at schools:
>Really small stuff exploded for no reason (unscientific) and then spiraled (unscientific) ...lots of steps... then the earth was here, it was just basically all lava. (Plausible.) Then, evolution, baby. (Proven)
The only good thing that is being taught about how we got here is evolution. Now, this would be intelligent design:
>Something or Someone created the big bang/ other way to create the universe, and then through evolution created man.
>>
>>78058165
ok so you dont understand the big bang theory..
http://www.schoolsobservatory.org.uk/astro/cosmos/bb_evid
but even in your example, the alternative is equally ridiculous. What would make you think someone created everything ? why wouldn't you first think of natural causes and then think creation if any substantial evidence came up. Which is doesnt so religion BTFO
>>
>>78055415
Intelligent Design is Ctreationism with a PC skin
That's it
>>
>>78061493
Him saying He did.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.