[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14
File: l59C0Lv.jpg (48 KB, 497x497) Image search: [Google]
l59C0Lv.jpg
48 KB, 497x497
I'd like to make a video game that would reveal the fallacy pushed by the left after the recent Orlando shooting regarding gun control. Can anyone think of any clever way to convey this message?
>>
>>77819837
>Can anyone think of any clever way to convey this message?

Use humor. If you get too SERIOS everyone will dismiss you as a hard-right nutjob.
>>
>>77819837
Hotline Florida
>>
File: Breivik-Smokey.jpg (123 KB, 550x558) Image search: [Google]
Breivik-Smokey.jpg
123 KB, 550x558
>>77819837
>>
>>77819958
I wanted it to seem completely disconnected from the situation, until it came back around full circle in the end. I agree with you though.
>>
>>77819997
As interesting as that would be, I'm certain it'd do more harm than good I'm afraid. Thank you for the input though.
>>
>>77820048
Who is the individual in the photo?
>>
>>77819837
Have the player build/promote up a utopian leftistworld over the course of the game.

There are subtle hints but nearing the end it comes to a crescendo where the player will realize it's not sustainable and they have traded in liberty and freedom for slavery and actual fascism.

The second half of the game has the player tear it all down.
>>
File: 1466308892314.gif (107 KB, 130x184) Image search: [Google]
1466308892314.gif
107 KB, 130x184
>>77819837
Make a game like deus ex but set in modern times
>>
>>77819837
>don't talk to me or my son ever again
>>
>>77821333
This is exactly what I came here for. How do you see the game becoming unsustainable? Something like a SimCity/the Sims game where people are added that add no capital to the area, but continue to drain on its resources and clog up existing infrastructure?
>>
>>77821488
Can you elaborate on your idea?
>>
>>77821557
>don't write on me or my son ever again.
>>
>>77819837
just make a FPS but you don't get a gun while everyone else does, you have to use knives and throw rocks while everyone else just mows you down time after time. they'll get the hint.
>>
>>77822072
I think this could be reaffirmed even further if I played on the "cheating" aspect of human understanding. As lawbreakers are effectively cheating their social contract and giving themselves an advantage the law abiding citizen has agreed against. People hate feeling slighted in an "unfair" way.
>>
File: shto.png (2 MB, 1177x783) Image search: [Google]
shto.png
2 MB, 1177x783
>>77819837
Make a humor based game about a shooter who wants to assassinate a political figure but every time he gets to his location there's already a shooter there (ie: terrorist, deranged white kid, etc.) and he ends up killing the shooter, thereby being a hero. The end should be some twisty shit like he gets noticed and instead becomes the bodyguard of the guy he wanted to assassinate.
>>
>>77822327
How do you think the gameplay would feel? Like the old school point and click games?
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1095x730) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1095x730
>>77821895
Doesn't even have to be a sim city sim. You can make it hitman/asscreed like or even contra/megaman style if you want to shove in high velocity memes to attract normies to play it.

For example, the level is environment based and you can have plants and greenhouses with all sorts of cleaning infrastructure in the background, go through the level via puzzles or killing/bypassing security. In the end you off the head of environment control and you instate a super hippie liberal.

The immediate effects will look positive, have something like a cutscene or newsfeed in the stage select saying things like emissions are down however as you progress in other levels like shutting down the manufacturing level and messing with the treasury you get subtle hints in between that now all the environmental filtering units/eco friendly things are being outsourced out of country and the price for keeping the environment clean is plunging the country into debt as it can't sustain itself with the new welfare laws you instated in the treasury.

With each level you set the dominoes into motion. In the end you take away the right to guns and since things have gone so sour riots are starting. However the citizens can no longer defend themselves and the country becomes military controlled.

This is the second half where you undo all the shit you've done kinda like round 2 of robot masters in a megaman game.
>>
File: normie set.jpg (26 KB, 355x293) Image search: [Google]
normie set.jpg
26 KB, 355x293
>>77819837
But there already was a game that conveyed that message.

It was called Fallout 3.

Yeah yeah, I know. FO3 is a shit game with shit-tier writing overall. BUT there was one quest that was actually well done and quite redpilled.

Tenpenny tower. Rich humans living in a luxury tower behind a giant wall. Group of ghouls are not being let in and they consider this to be terribly bigotry.

You have three options. Either go to the ghoul hideouts and kill them (/pol/ right wing death squads option), side with the ghouls and open a back entrance and let them kill all the humans (ISIS insurgent option), or you can go around talking to a bunch of people and convince everyone to get along. If you take this last option, you eventually convince the humans that the ghouls are Mutants Of Peace and that you shouldn't discriminate against them and let them. So if you convince everyone to get along, they move in peacefully, and everything seems fine. Until you come back after like a week of in-game time and find out that the ghouls slaughtered all the humans anyway. Making this last option the liberal cuckold option.
>>
>>77822527
Make it a third person, customizable, open world, sandbox like saints row 2
>>
>>77822527
Point n click if you want to focus on the story, otherwise make it a boss rush game with stealth sections before each boss (making your way to the shooter)
>>
>>77823002
That'd take an insane amount of money, time, and personnel, I'm afraid. Those sort of games have huge teams or a ton of time. I'd like to make something shorter that I can throw out there relatively quickly.
>>
File: marx_gun_control[1].jpg (54 KB, 449x491) Image search: [Google]
marx_gun_control[1].jpg
54 KB, 449x491
>>77819837

>fallacy pushed by the left
>the left

They are not "leftists" and you are a fool.
>>
>>77823159
Make a saints row 2 mod
>>
>>77823203
#NoTrueLeftist
>>
>>77822934
This sounds very interesting. Can you give me some more topics/specifics that are debated that could be used as level focuses like you did with the environment/treasury? Some stances that the left has that are ultimately disastrous even though they sound "good" on paper?
>>
>>77822327

A humor based game where there is always having some twisted shit and unprovoked shootings already exists:

It is called Postal 2, and even though liberals used to use it as a "look at this horrible murder simulator", about 90% what you do in the game is self defense, cause the city where you live is fucking insane
>>
Top down shooter where u play as crazy fundamentalist

maps are random public places

you shoot civies and try to get highscore before swat shows

later levels can increase in difficulty by adding armed civies

after getting btfo by armed civies in the hardest difficulty several times maybe they'll get it
>>
>>77822959
So, this is the idea of what I'd like to get across. Something short and sweet, but with unintended(yet realistic) outcomes. Being in a game as big(and old) as Fallout 3, some people may have missed that. I'd like to make it the main attraction, and it being a controversial topic means it would get some coverage(for worse or better) and continue a dialogue.
>>
>>77823057
What is a boss rush game in your opinion?
>>
>>77823203
Can you skip the ad hominem and make a proper counter point?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-19-19-00-48.png (965 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-19-19-00-48.png
965 KB, 1280x720
>>77819837
>>
>>77823215
That could work, but it'd limit exposure to a fairly older game.
>>
>>77823510
It's crazy enough to work. "Postal 2 2: The twoening."
>>
>>77822934
No it shouldn't be undone because that wouldn't be profound.

Make it so that the country crumbles and is now just a bunch of ruinous states like the USSR
>>
>>77823722

Counter point to....what?
>>
>>77823526
That could make an interesting statement. The mindless violence would be a detractor to the overall goal though, but having a game that grows with the general population being more defended as bad things occur is an idea worth taking note of.
>>
>>77823845
When you revisit the levels they'll be in ruins from the mismanagement.
>>
>>77823746
Remember, no Russian.
>>
>>77823845
The end screen would be, "Congratulations. You got what you wanted."
>>
>>77823934
Whatever you were insulting.
>>
What engine/language do you use?
>>
>>77823526
Difficulty
Switzerland - all civs with guns
America - most civs with guns
EU - no civs with guns
>>
>>77823958
Progressively more disheveled, understaffed, understocked with a decrepit feel of the environment growing. Pretty swank. What if I went way off rails and set it to an alien lifeform was discovered, and we wanted to try to allow it to integrate into our society. Eventually it would lead to problems such as they naturally outbreed humans, carry specific diseases, certain things we found necessary to our modern lifestyle (like radio waves) were harmful to them, etc. It could be a Democracy 3 style game trying to find a balance where none could exist.
>>
File: 1414498567153.png (281 KB, 504x440) Image search: [Google]
1414498567153.png
281 KB, 504x440
>>77823746
>mfw that mission
>>
File: 1337192318418-2.jpg (96 KB, 414x560) Image search: [Google]
1337192318418-2.jpg
96 KB, 414x560
>>77824081

I was saying you're a moron for thinking that it's actually legitimate leftists that want to disarm people, considering that most prominent leftist theorists have specifically stated that gun control is the only way to dominate the working class without meaningful resistance. If you read any real political works you would know this rather than throwing around terms like "the left" baselessly and blaming "the left" for everything that happens that you don't like.
>>
>>77824179
I'm familiar with Unity, and stupidly well versed in LibGDX. I'd probably settle on a 2d either way, as I'd be buying/hiring an artist for what little art I'd need. (I have a ton of assets I've bought over the years already). Why?
>>
>>77824374
How would you have phrased it?
>>
Grand Theft Auto 4 was pretty redpilled with this. Liberty city is a fictional recreation of New York with really strict gun laws so when you need to buy firearms you have to go to back ally black market gun stores to purchase them illegally. The point is that even with strict gun laws you and any one else in the city whos in the know can grab assault rifles and SMGs with 0 background info.
>>
>>77824375
make sure it isn't bad because that would undermine the whole thing
>>
File: 1310253028097.jpg (17 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1310253028097.jpg
17 KB, 313x286
>>77824494

You're actually high, I'm not wasting my time any more.
>>
>>77824374
Blaming everything on the Jews would be unpalatable to the majority of the population.
>>
>>77824375
I would like to make a game, too!
Here's my idea, you are an Islamic terrorist which collects pages of the Quran to get power ups like(gay basher! clit cutter! etc) and your mission is to get in contact with the cartel, mafia, etc. to end the level with a big shootout, sometimes you get bombs to explode yourself and then a new terrorist takes over, bosses are cops, NPCs are liberals which say stupid shit when you talk to them and they are the same NPCs you shoot at the end of the level
>>
>>77824530
I'd like to highlight that in a way that isn't obvious until the end. Do you have any ideas?
>>
>>77824564
Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?
>>
>>77824589
That doesn't seem very conducive of a conversation or conveying a point. I feel like you had a good one to make, but you are either unable to communicate well enough or not versed enough in the actual information to explain it.
>>
>>77824852
A lot of indie games that use unity assets turn out bad.

you should stick to 2d, or make a mod of a preexisting game
>>
>>77824811
That would definitely get attention. If there were some way to PM on here I would totallly give you my Skype info so I could help you with the LibGDX engine if you ever went that way though. This game might not succeed, but your next would be better after experience.
>>
>>77819837
It really depends on what level of skill you're working with here. Are we talking newgrounds, steam greenlight, steam, or AAA?
>>
>>77824955
Yeah, I've seen a lot of shovelware in my time. Thank you for your input.
>>
>>77825010
My 4chan email is [email protected] I use it to make Australian friends.
I was planning on attempting to learn a simple game today also, awesome
>>
>>77825022
As much as a single dev can list, so no way AAA. Steam greenlight for sure though. Years of experience.
>>
>>77824045
Seems forced. Maybe a silhouette of the ruined city with "You Won" fading in.
>>
>>77821956
Make a well written FPS RPG that takes a current issue but superimposes it onto a near-future fictional conflict
This way you can make a fairly direct commentary without being accused of pushing your beliefs hamfistedly for what ever reason
>>
>>77819837
Make it so you shoot muslims
>>
>>77825184
Verifying that email I just sent.
>>
>>77825286
That does sound better, but I'm still not 100% on it.
>>
>>77825376
Unfortunately, that takes a lot of time and usually money for art/writers/designers to pull off well. I'm thinking more of a 1-3 hour tops experience. Something I can put out in a month that has some polish to it, even though it's short.
>>
>>77825423
Right, right. Then what?
>>
#notallassaultrifles
>>
File: A winner is you.png (133 KB, 316x261) Image search: [Google]
A winner is you.png
133 KB, 316x261
>>77825646
Make this the end screen
>>
>>77825924
I want to superimpose a pepe hand over that frog and add it to the rare collection.
>>
File: 4u.png (132 KB, 316x261) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
132 KB, 316x261
>>77826012
>>
>>77825691
Was my joke funny?
I'm going to post in the draw thread if you want to check out my style.
I've been drawing for a long time and I'm about a volume into my comic.
>>
>>77826421
It's my favorite.
>>
>>77825184
This guy is an r9k freak who frequently puts his email here, stay away.

>>77819837
I suggest a realistic game where you are completely unarmed and a mass shooting occurs, therefore you have to use improvised weapons and hide while watching other civilians be slaughtered. Everyone imagines this shit happening to them in the back of their mind and it's topical.
>>
>>77826485
Throw me a link. I always like comics.
>>
>>77821022
Omar Mahmeed but white
>>
Build engine. Make it funny like Duke Nukem 3D with lots of cultural references.
>>
>>77819997
>Hotline Florida

Miami is in Florida, though.

Hotline Orlando would make more sense.
>>
>>77822072
so like Alien Isolation?
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1136x640
A nation drinks a blue drink. It makes them faster, stronger, and better in every way. Except, the protagonist learns through drinking a red drink that all these people will die in 30 years from the effects of it (possibly hyper-aging) and your quest is to cut off distribution of this shit and save your community.

The red will make you emotionally unstable, slower, but a hell of a lot smarter. Of course you can imagine, when you try to save them they laugh at you, brand you a terrorist, etc. then for full effect, in the end, you can have the player decide to save the community, or if it isn't worth saving.
>>
>>77826611
>>77829162
Here's a rough sketch, didn't want the thread to reach it's bump limit.
My comic actually is very similar to the game so I'm going to make a website of my own and put it up there once I have patented the idea behind the mechanics of them both.
>>
>>77827948
I could see that working well. Do you have any ideas on references?
>>
>>77829229
This is an interesting idea. Stargate SG-1 did a neat take on this with an alien planet they encountered. The aliens were "peaceful" and provided the population of earth with technology and medicine that would remove disease and promote peace and longevity. They aliens did not tell them the medicine made them barren, leaving a well built area (Since the aliens focused on infrastructure and building for the world ahead) with perfectly empty buildings.
>>
>>77820914
Make a crime solving game where everything points to one obvious conclusion, but then everyone involved decides something unrelated will fix it.

If someone pushes somebody off a cliff, talk about how railings are more important than the fact the guy got pushed.
>>
>>77829287
Will it be your first game? Also, the bump limit did not cross my mind, thank you for your consideration.
>>
>>77832897
Hahah I like this. It would need to be something simple with an absurd answer or approach similar to A Modest Proposal.
>>
>>77832994
It will, if you don't count making a ball go through an obstacle course on unity a game.
I want it to be more about mechanics than graphics, sort of like Yoshi's island with hand drawn graphics.
>>
>>77833405
2d or 3d? Also, if you could put the mechanic into three words, what would they be?
>>
>>77826590
I will take your advice on the email into consideration. Thank you. Also, do you think there should be a guaranteed lose condition for the second piece of information you posted?
>>
>>77826658
fuck off breivik is based
>>
>>77821022
bro it's Anders Breivik
>>
Thread is about to 404. Wanted to thank everyone for their input. I'll try to keep you updated.
>>
>>77833832
It will be Isometric
fast
fighting
nature
>>77826590
Fuck you Aussie!
He always shows up whenever I post my email.
How am I even a freak!
>>
>>77820914
Watch Alejandro Jodorowsky movies starting with The Holy Mountain. Look at how he conveys his serious message through humor like that anon said.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.