[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Millennials are not "choosing" to live at home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 27
Millennials do not choose to live with their parents. They do it because they can't get a job because most degrees are useless or most jobs require like 2 years previous experience. Experience which usually comes in the form of an unpaid or low wage internship. Also those who do get a job usually earn fuck all and have to pay their judent loans.
>>
File: 2011-age-gap-01.png (31 KB, 186x702) Image search: [Google]
2011-age-gap-01.png
31 KB, 186x702
yeah no shit

Boomers used cheap credit and mass immigration to drive up the price of housing

Then they outsourced every jobs and used mass immigration to drive down wages

Finally they increased taxes on labor and industry in order to make employing people impossible.

literally nothing they have ever done was a good idea in the slightest. Truly they are the most kiked generation.
>>
>>77664091
It was a good idea from their point of view
>>
>>77663918
>Go to trade school
>Take classes on underwater welding
>Get scuba certified
>Make about 60k a year starting
>>
>>77664168
How was it good? It literally made them poorer in the long term and it fucked up their kids (i.e genx and millennials). The same kids that boomers complain about being lazy for not being able to find jobs and have families.
>>
>>77663918
is polsci a useless course?
>>
>>77664254
Trade jobs are great, but the problem is they are never presented as options for most high schoolers. Also trade jobs are so demonized having one sort of destroys your dating prospects.
>>
>>77664278
>>77664168
It was a good idea for boomers because they get free money in the term of increased housing costs.

They get to buy a house in 1970 for $200,000 and sell it in 2016 for $3 million

or they can just flip houses during the boom and make money.
>>
>>77664446
not to mention the fucking unions that will blacklist you if you don't pay in
>>
Protip: "2 Years Minimum Experience" is just a ruse to weed out all the lazy fucks.
>>
>>77664345
It depends on if its sjw polsci. It also depends on why you are taking it and how much you are spending.
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (16 KB, 310x427) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
16 KB, 310x427
>>77664254
>Get eaten by a shark or sea monster.....
>>
>>77664495
There's also the problem that there aren't enough trade jobs. If all unemployed millennials suddenly shifted to them the field would just become saturated and we're back at square one.
>>
>>77664500
Not really. A lot of companies are willing to let you bypass that as long as you have someone in the company to vouch for you.
>>
Quick question, who would hire a kid at current minimum wage, when you can hire an illegal for dirt cheap or an older unskilled worker for the same cost?
>>
>>77664278
> It literally made them poorer in the long term
It did not. Most boomers still own very expensive houses.
> it fucked up their kids (i.e genx and millennials). The same kids that boomers complain about being lazy for not being able to find jobs and have families.
They don't care.
>>
>>77664516
my uni is pretty conservative (participating in any form of activism could be a reason for expulsion), i take it so i could study law after, i spend $400 per semester.
>>
>>77664696
No one

that's the whole point of outsourcing and illegal immigration

it drives down wages.
>>
The good news is they all have to die eventually. Then the wealth gets passed down.
>>
>>77663918
You should see the shit I have to go through to get a fucking mortgage. They want fucking 6 pay stubs, years worth of transactions from my bank account, and a entire fucking essay why I have 6 old as fuck credit shits on my account which are all old as shit AND you have shit like this >>77664091
>>
>>77663918
to be honest I choose to live at home for the free food more than anything
>>
>>77664988
PASSED DOWN TO THE IMMIGRANTS THEY IMPORTED.
>>
>>77664696
an employer who wants to get beaten on price by a competitor who can pass the savings on to the consumer

these fuckwits act like millenials are just dumb or something

we know what's going on, we don't have the power to change laws

the only thing i've been able to do is study so that I can be self employed, and that is also a huge gamble

there's nothing safe EXCEPT being born rich
>>
>>77664254
What do you do when you reach the the age of 40-50 when your eyes start going bad and you can no longer lift shit anymore what do you do? Keep doing that shit till you are what 65? 70? Yeah you can save up for retirement but good fucking luck saving enough if you want kids.

This is a problem with all these construction jobs and so on. How about plumbing? You can get your own business but eventually your body just won't work anymore and I know that most of those corporate plumbing companies don't give good retirements anymore.
>>
>>77664988
It will be weird though, there will be so many people who come into a shitload of money at 45 when their parents finally die off and they have no idea how to handle it because they've been living with their parents their entire lives.
>>
>>77664988
Most will spend their money before they die.
>>
>>77664446
>having an income destroys dating prospects
-/pol/ 2016
>>
>>77665200
I seriously got into an office construction job with no manual labor in less than a year by not being a dumbass. Pays well too..
>>
>>77665224
Negative interest rates to punish those of us who have become accustomed to spending minimally.

We'll park our money in banks and the banks and government will make us pay for the privilege because we aren't cucksuming like they did in the 50s/60s/70s/80s/90s when every dipshit was rich for nothing cause they were enjoying that post ww2 money
>>
>>77664988
Most don't really have wealth outside of their homes to pass down. Also by the time they die most millenials will be in their 40's and 50's with fuck all to show for all that time.
>>
>>77663918

>Choose a worthless degree
>Can't get a job after graduating
>Move home

I was forced move home. I'm not accountable for my actions. Once we topple the patriarchy I can earn 6 figures with my women's study degree.
>>
>>77665145
>there's nothing safe EXCEPT being born rich
You could be a doctor or a lawyer. The problem is that it takes like 12 years of schooling+training to do that in Burgerland. Plus even though you have a good salary most of it goes to paying the massive debt you have for going to med or law school.
>>
>>77663918
It's over hoarding gold is our future.
>>
>>77664988
>be me
>know my mom has over $1m in straight cash not to mention assets
>know her will is to split everything evenly between me and my two siblings
>know my dad has a bunch of assets as well he's been coasting off since grandma died
>seriously would not mind if my siblings died and I got everything
I have a really dysfunctional family but such is life
>>
>>77665379
Those jobs are extremely unstable. More so than other fields. Also how many office jobs are their for trades.
>>
>tfw living on my own for 10 years and not finishing colllege

Better to be poor than cucked
>>
File: StrawMan2.jpg (91 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
StrawMan2.jpg
91 KB, 600x450
>>77665355
nice job straw manning.
Having a certain job destroys dating prospects. Being a plumber, even if you earn 60k a year, lowers your value as a partner to most women.
>>
Software development a good degree? Halfway through it now.
>>
>>77665200
>thinking anyone does trades into their 60s.

-more dumb shit /pol/ says.

now im reallg starting to think that the board has been infested with crazy hillshills.

you use the income from your trade to put yourself through school, and never even go into debt in the first place.

tough idea to come up with, i know
>>
>>77665519
law is saturated in the US and AUS (im doing a law undergrad)

And now thanks to the TPP any lawyer from Mexico can come and work in the US/AUS, not just Mexico, any Party to the TPP can practice law in other countries

There's nothing safe.

Medicine though, yeah I think that's safe enough, if you want to invest 8 years and work with sick shitheads for the rest of your life, you'll probably be wealthy
>>
>>77665379
You are the lucky one not EVERYONE can get into that office construction job you do realize?
>>
>>77665425
Even "good" degrees don't do much nowadays. Most of the kids in my year who were engineering majors graduated without jobs or went to grad school because they couldn't get one.

Almost no degree really offers good job prospects anymore.

Although I do agree certain degrees don't make sense regardless.
>>
I live on my own and make enough to get by, but if I have to hear the "firm handshake" talk again I'm going to lose it.

Doing the best I can here.
>>
>>77665539
>implying gold isn't just another fiat currency
>>
>>77665589
company's been around for 20+ years and works all over the US with multimillion contracts. It's pretty stable and even a position where I can move up. And even if they fall under there are loads of other places you can jump to after very quickly. I work for a place in a lower position that went under and in a week I was at another company.
>>
>>77665674
>women
What about people who don't care about bitches, but only money?
>>
>Not on track to go to college in HS
>We don't care about you, because you're a loser. Fuck teaching you skills.
>Go to college
>Sure we have your money, but we have to teach you the basics that you never learned in high school. Oh, and we have no incentive to teach you skills or help you get employment either. Good luck. Also pls gib mone
>>
>>77665674
what women? did you think youre gonna date a celeb?

ffs, 60k is over the national median pay. i romise you a lot of women will date someone making 60k. especially if that same person isnt in debt.

60k with no debt is basically the same thing as making 85k and having 90k in debt.

plus you can use all that sweet discretionary income to pay for things like school out of pocket rather than going and begging the govt for more staffords
>>
>>77665734
>you use the income from your trade to put yourself through school, and never even go into debt in the first place.
Debt is only one of the problems. The other is that there still aren't any jobs. Me and a bunch of guys I know at uni graduated debt free due to scholarships. We still don't have jobs.
>>
>>77663918
>can't get a job because most degrees are useless
>can't get a job because most degrees they pick are useless
Spot the difference?
>>
File: averagemedstudent.jpg (39 KB, 426x463) Image search: [Google]
averagemedstudent.jpg
39 KB, 426x463
>>77665737
>med student
>get into conversation with some other student
>he says he has to study 24/7 but is managing perfect grades
>was quite impressed, asked him what he studies
>tells me "electricaI engineering"
>mfw
>wonder if he was being serious about his degree being hard
>turns out he was
>instantly Iose respect for him

I assume there's a few engineering students on here, so I'm actualIy curious. Do you guys actually think your degree is difficuIt or are you at the stage where you realise anyone could do it?
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 736x1104
>>77663918
Is there a particular reason you didn't do internships every summer in uni?
>>
>>77665737
>law is saturated in the US and AUS (im doing a law undergrad)
If you go to a top 10 school you still have decent chances, but good luck getting in if your name doesn't (((echo)))

>Medicine though, yeah I think that's safe enough, if you want to invest 8 years and work with sick shitheads for the rest of your life, you'll probably be wealthy
Doctors really aren't that wealthy anymore. Most just enjoy an upper middle class standard of living. Although they do have the lowest job satisfaction rating and the highest suicide rate outside the military in America.
>>
>>77665913
That's fine, but for someone who wants a family then they are fucked.
>>
>>77665734
>thinking anyone does trades into their 60s.

You don't understand what I am saying here. I'm saying that the not everyone can get there own plumbing business started. There must be workers that work for corporation that don't supply there workers with good retirement plans or really any plans at all not saying there isn't companies that have good plans. However you cannot tell me that doing plumbing past 50 or really any labor intensive job will be good for you. Shit I don't even think companies will hire you because they are afraid of on the job accidents. Honestly I don't give a shit I just see many of my older friends that are in there 50s having horrendous health issues and STILL working there asses off to the brink of extremely painful daily lives to where its so bad you must start loading up on drugs. Even just being in the sun for long periods of time fucks with these older people. Not to mention that lots of these older people shouldn't be working taking up space.
>>
>>77664988
Wrong. They are kept alive until there isn't a cent left.
>>
>>77665976

good thinv you learned that trade to fall back on when there arent any ... oh wait nvm.

seriously, go apply at safelite or something. w/e you can do to close those employment gaps, just ha e a skill you can fall back on bc even if you do find an 90k a year job that requires a degree, its really not gonna seem like enough. with your trade, provided you find ways to keep it from overlapping with your real job, you can work two jobs and put yourself well into six figures.
>>
>>77665975
>ffs, 60k is over the national median pay. i romise you a lot of women will date someone making 60k. especially if that same person isnt in debt.
Sure they will date you. Until they find out you are a plumber. At that point they will be looking to branch swing as soon as possible.
>>
>>77666264
>rockefeller10thhearttransplant.jpg
>>
>>77666023
Most degrees are useless. Both statements are true. The problem is that even seemingly good degrees like engineering and sciences are useless now.
>>
>>77666252
You realize sitting at a desk for 8-10hrs at a time is just as harmful right?
>>
>>77665200
You become the foreman and order the young cunts around.
>>
>>77666149
Most of them require relocation for the summer which isn't really an option. Also for a lot of people who work over the summer to pay for college an unpaid internship really isn't feasible.
>>
>>77666435
You can't be serious?

>>77666471
I'd like to believe that everyone will end up like that.
>>
>>77666252
im not saying that. im saying if you manage to work all the way up until 50+ without putting yourself in a financially secure position, the problem isnt that there arent enough jobs, its because you never really wanted more than that.

basically, work for a decade and save up money to go back to school working as a plumber up to the time youre 30-35.

its much better than going into debt plus you end up with the possibility to have two jobs
>>
>>77666089
I'm also a med student. I don't understand the engineering meme. Engineering is tough. Atleast at my uni it was. I would have engineering friends who took organic chem with me get A's and when they took their engineering classes most would barely get C's.
>>
>>77666305
moving the goal post from dating to marrying. thats about a 5-10 year difference and not what we were talking about
>>
>>77666506
Life isn't always as clean cut as you think its and you'll see that when you are 70 too.
>>
I had to move back in with my parents after 08' when jobs in my field went to shit. We all live on a 125 acre parcel now. Separate 20 acre "lots" that all of us pitched in to buy. People nowdays seem to forget the joy of a family that works together.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>77666505
Yes I'am. They're called blood clots. Look them up. Sitting for 8-10hrs a day is horrible for your health.
>>
File: depressed-woman-at-breakfast.jpg (34 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
depressed-woman-at-breakfast.jpg
34 KB, 700x468
>Still living with parents
>Have no interest in going back to College again
>Don't want to get a degree/don't know what degrees exist that I'd being willing for the job or want to even DO the job itself
>No motivation, lazy/scared to work
>Want to live on my own, but I can't push myself into doing anything anymore

Hate having been handed things to me from an early age. I can't even do shit without having someone/something force me into doing it. I deserve to be on that chart.
>>
>>77666788
Join the club anon.

We all know that fucking feel.
>>
>>77666280
Are you actually autistic. You keep moving the goalposts back and forth.

1. Trade jobs are not a feasible long term option due to the physical stress. By the time you are 50+ it starts because to much on your body.

2. Even if you used the money to pay for a degree. Great. Now you have a useless degree. Also good luck being debt free. Even with 60k there's no way you are getting a 4 year degree at a good college in America with only that much income per year

3. Now you have the trade job to fall back on. Except now you don't because you are still going to hit 50+ years old and have to quit. Except now you have a useless degree with no job prospects.

4. Now you might ask. Save that money and invest. Good luck getting 40 years of savings(20-60) to last you 30+ years of retirement (60-90+)
>>
>>77666735
Sure it's not good for your health, but at 68 years old I can still type and work an an office comfortably. I probably can't be a welder or a roofer thought. Also as long as you exercise you are fine. Just get up and walk every couple of hours.
>>
>not typical neet living with parents
>go to gym 3-4 times a day and keep fit
>can lift 2 plates
>still no job
>everyone looks down on me because they think I'm lazy
>I just want a good job but can't get any

STOP JUDGING ME AT LEAST I'M GOING OUTSIDE AND DOING SOMETHING
>>
>>77666635
Not really. Unless i'm going to only be a plumber for 5-10 years.
>>
>>77667009
Have you never had a job before? At 50+ yrs old you're not doing entry level work.
>>
Guys we should just plan a mass suicide, that will solve the problem
>>
>>77667119
68 lol. Why are you still working at 68?
>>
>>77667009
>1. Trade jobs are not a feasible long term option due to the physical stress. By the time you are 50+ it starts because to much on your body.

i think this is the most beta thing i have ever seen o nthis site. people have been doing physical jobs for thousands of years but now we have decided it's too stressful on our bodies to continue? LEL
>>
>>77667192
inner city crack head person on welfare with 10 kids
>oh he's down on his luck. stop discriminating against him. Just give him some benefits and he'll improve. Stop calling him lazy

young adult male. fit.4 year degree at good college with a high GPA. Still no job
>you lazy entitled fuck. you are such a loser. I can't believe you still live with your parents.
>>
>>77667213
What kind of promotion is there with a trade job? Even if you were promoted. You are still doing difficult physical fucking labor. Which isn't really feasible at 50+
>>
File: 1465448935595.png (735 KB, 1280x964) Image search: [Google]
1465448935595.png
735 KB, 1280x964
>>77667192
>can lift 2 plates
>>
>>77667009
>4. Now you might ask. Save that money and invest. Good luck getting 40 years of savings(20-60) to last you 30+ years of retirement (60-90+)
You can do it easily make that money last forever if you are smart about it.
>>
>>77667353
Are you some rich fuck in the Hamptons.

Most people work into their 70's now. The only people that retire at 65 are those who are rich with a nice nest egg. Or those you know they are going to die at 75.

You really think the average persons retirement fund on a 60k a year salary is going to last them 30+ years of retirement.
>>
>>77667368
>people have been doing physical jobs for thousands of years but
Not into old age, no. We used to have the birthrate to not do that.
>>
>>77667368
Not really. In olden times. It would be the children that would start doing the heavy labor. The older men would then do easier things such as plowing the field or managing.

Also with a lot of trades such as welding accuracy is important. At 60 years old your hands aren't as stable and your eyes aren't as good.
>>
>>77667459
Manager or owning your own business. For instance the oil fields is backbreaking working but being a foreman is a easy job physically
>>
>>77667353
Muh 2008 fucked up a lot of retirement plans, it's part of the problem. The people that were supposed to retire never did and the jobs that were supposed to open up never did. Add automation, immigration, outsourcing, etc to it and there you go.
>>
>>77667119
http://www.theherald-news.com/2015/03/09/welders-wanted-as-boomers-retire-demand-for-skilled-welders-grows/al213xz/
>The average age of the welder is about 60 years old in the country,
It's probably not impossible, desu.
>>
>>77663918
I have a masters in IT and can't find work LOL just fucking kill me
>>
>>77667368

Really theres no convincing them. They'll just have to go into debt to find out that I've been there, I'm right now, and they'll remember I tried to tell them in 20 years when they're still paying down debt and making <100k.

source: fucked up at college, got 67k in debt, got a trade paying between 60-85k/yr, bought a 30k car for more debt points, paid it all off in 4 years, paid for school out of pocket, am currently writing programs and continuing trade for >>100k per year.

stay in school kids
>>
>>77663918
>Living with other kin
Back to Tumblr
>>
>>77667573
Fucking hell, pump out a few kids and make them pay for your upkeep, or move to a cuck country like Sweden that'll give you free shit.
>>
>>77666788
Don't worry so much anon. The technological singularity is coming soon enough so we don't need to worry about petty things such as this.
>>
>>77667551
Listen if you can make 5% of 60k invested over 40 years last another 40+ years that easily then you should be the head of an investment firm
>>
>>77665556
I've thought the same thing about my siblings.
>>
>>77667699
>Manager or owning your own business
great so every plumber now has to start their own business.
>>
>>77667763
The only reason these salaries are high is because of this shortage. If we suddenly have 5-10 people applying for each welding position that salary is going to start dropping.
>>
>>77667368
If you havent notice people live longer now and back in those OLDEN days the children would take over or you'd just die at a younger age.
>>
>>77668212
The technology singularity will literally be the ultimate cucking. Even lawyers and doctors wont be safe from having their jobs taken over by machines.
>>
>>77665737
They're already importing Filipino nurses. Medicine is already pushing the diversity meme in schools too, doesn't reflect the emerging population. The field I'm in is almost entirely white women. I have a feeling that we whiteys in this field are going to be pushed out through forced diversity. 40% of us will be out of a career.
>>
>>77668049
In America the cost of the average child to the age of 18 is 200,000. America also has self-destructive health insurance where you could easily go bankrupt if something was wrong with you or your now one or more children. Also they will only make decent money to take care of you if they go to a good college for a good degree, which costs 50,000+ in student loans.

tl;dr fucked
>>
>>77665425
Did STEM just as fucked as tumblr embodied and xer worthless gender studies degree.
>>
>>77669321
>They're already importing Filipino nurses.
This why I laughed when my mother suggested I study another degree to be a nurse.
>>
>>77670028
That's why I am trying to live as comfortably as possible before everything collapses. Everyone I know except for a few people have lost their jobs and currently my own father is facing the same fate, it won't be long now and I really don't have the will to fight anymore. I might actually kill them first though, but that might be a few years.
>>
>>77663918
>most degrees are useless
go into a trade
>most jobs require like 2 years previous experience
I don't believe that, at least not for everything

>>77665200
you retire, because unlike the unemployed, you know how to spend money

>>77665732
I wanted to do it(/g/entooman), then I realized it is too damn boring and it made me depressed. got /fit/ since then and haven't really looked back

>>77665810
yeah, because everybody feels the need to have a degree, pushing the floor for entry up higher and higher
tl;dr capitalism = competition = hard work, and I wouldn't have it any other way
>>
>>77670028
>Also they will only make decent money to take care of you if they go to a good college for a good degree, which costs 50,000+ in student loans.
Fuck that, let them be plumbers too. Problem solved.
>>
File: ownership-by-age.jpg (46 KB, 544x262) Image search: [Google]
ownership-by-age.jpg
46 KB, 544x262
>>77664988
>implying that they will die without having their estates picked clean by creditors
>>
>>77665857
At least, unless we achieved scalable fusion technology, the quantity in circulation would be relatively fixed. Can't say the same about our current Obamabux funny money.
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-06.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-06.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
>Live in high school suburb
>State raised minimum wage
>Affirmative action is used all the time
>My family is dirt poor so I don't have access to a car
>Stuck finding jobs that I can bike too
>The only job that I've ever had likes to bad mouth me to people that call them about me because "you're supposed to treat your job like a lover not chore!"
>Despite the fact that I was getting paid 7 bucks an hour to work in fast food
>All this cumulates to me trying to find a job but end up sitting in front of my computer all day
>Only have 10 bucks left in my accout
WE NEED A FUCKING WAR OR PLAGUE NOW THERE IS TO MANY GOD DAMN PEOPLE ALIVE AND NOT ENOUGH RESOURCES IF EVERYONE'S HOGGING THEM
>>
>>77673141
Gold is horrible at actually making an economy function. You can't make more and your market is at the mercy of gold reserves around the world.
>>
>>77667213

Only if you're not made redundant, then you're fighting to get back into the workplace against younger graduates they can pay half of what your experience would demand.

I recall talking to an older guy working as a cashier at a bottle shop, turns out he was a qualified accountant and ex CFO of a medium sized company, got made redundant and causal shit work was all he could get.
>>
>because most degrees are useless
No, they just don't entitle you to a job like all you idiots seem to think
>or most jobs require like 2 years previous experience
That's what internships during your schooling is for. You already live at home or pay out the ass to live in a dorm, so you may as well take the experience. Even if it is underpaid.

>WAAAAH I WANT A JOB GIMME A JOB I DIDNT DO ANY WORK DURING SCHOOL BUT I SHOWED UP TO CLASS AND GOT A DEGREE GIMME A JOB I WANT IT I WANT IT
>>
>>77675371
>No, they just don't entitle you to a job like all you idiots seem to think
Most degrees are useless. Also no one is entitled to a job, but when we grow up being told by literally everyone that you have to go to college to get a job it is kind of upsetting to not get a job. Also no one is entitled to food, but i'm pretty sure if enough people start starving people will start getting upset and revolting. This situation is not stable.

>That's what internships during your schooling is for. You already live at home or pay out the ass to live in a dorm, so you may as well take the experience. Even if it is underpaid.
That's fine, but for many people unpaid internships are possible. For someone like me who has richer parents. Yeah I can do it. For a person who needs to work summers to fund his education there is no way they are doing an unpaid internships.
>>
Time for them to hit the streets and protest for more immigrants. That will get them a job. Fucking morons.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 496x499
>>77663918
Excuse me go-- I mean guy, but I believe you meant "student" loans.
>>
>>77675678
You do need to go to college to get a good job. But that's not the sole thing you do.

>For a person who needs to work summers to fund his education there is no way they are doing an unpaid internships.
Then you take a less desirable, but paid internship. They always exist so don't try and give me "But those aren't always available".
>>
>>77675371

>No, they just don't entitle you to a job like all you idiots seem to think

Meanwhile here in Aus they throw money at business to employ old people over young.

Fucking Boomers
>>
I don't get why you guys didn't just do professional degrees. Accounting, nursing, pharmacy, engineering. All easy degrees that don't take too long and offer >70K a year fairly early.
>>
File: download.png (3 KB, 209x242) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 209x242
>>77675845
Who are you anon?
>>
>>77676061

>Accounting

Parasites

>nursing

Boomers can go wipe their own asses

>pharmacy

Drug industry dies with the TPP

>engineering

Unless its building rockets I don't want to hear about this shitty mem of a degree.
>>
>>77675997
Boomer logic
>a degree doesn't entitle you to a job
>working entitles me to pension and social security that the younger generation has to pay for.
>>
>>77676061
All those are on the decline. Engineering is fucked. Accounting is ok, but is slowly being taken over by comps. Nursing wages are declining. Pharmacy used to be great 10 years ago, but now the market is saturated.
>>
>>77676231
None of that counters the average pay. You're using ad hominem. These jobs pay well on average and are easy to get into. Also RN's and NPs don't wipe boomer ass, everyone is a parasite, the TPP doesn't fuck over pharmacists and engineering is fine if you do coops and move to where there is work.
>>
>>77676061

my oldest kid (21yo) graduated from liberal arts college in May and will start work this month at a consulting firm at 56K with 12K biannual increases based on performance

professional degrees are a huge plus but not required
>>
>>77675845
I believe he means Jewdent loans.
>>
>>77676314
Maybe, but they're still the best alternative. What do you suggest instead?
>>
>>77676381
What was their degree in? Did they have good connections. Consulting is near impossible to break into at the undergraduate level.
>>
>>77676381
You have to understand that is not the norm. How did they get that position without a relevant degree when so many others have more appropriate degrees and experience?
>>
>>77676388
thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
>>77676447
They're fine, but they probably won't be feasible 5-10 years down the line. Comp sci and tech are pretty good. Medicine is good, but that is a shit ton of work.
>>
>>77676598
Aren't you worried about the influx of pajeets working for lower wages in the tech industry? At least with health care the boomers are aging so they will require more.
>>
>>77676061
>I don't get why you guys didn't just do professional degrees. Accounting, nursing, pharmacy, engineering.

because i dont want to do manual/intellectual slave labor every day for 50 years ?????
>>
File: delete_this_NOW.jpg (238 KB, 586x720) Image search: [Google]
delete_this_NOW.jpg
238 KB, 586x720
>>77663918
My parents are passed away, but me and my fiancee are living with my sister and her husband so we can all pay off our debts faster. We all live in the house we inherited when our parents passed, so it helps. We just pay property tax and bills. I'll have my student loans paid off in the next couple years. If people do this while their parents are still alive it makes financial sense. This was the way msot families lived up to the great depression. It wasn't until the 1950s that it became expected for children to seperate themselves from their families and pool of family resources. If you think about, all the cultures that are most successful are also the most tribal and clannish, not the ones that abandon each other just on some principle to be individualistic. I think that's how the Jew made us into consumer whores who can't vote for our racial interests, or even recognize them.
>>
>>77663918
>be me working shitty walmart job
>Fuck this and go get 4y SC degree
>all job 5+ years, labeled "Entry Level" some even want 10 years
>give up and go back to Walmart in shame. Thanks Obama
>One day merchant friend of the family comes and asks me to work for him.
>Be a good goy and sell him my soul.
>get network admin job with comfy private office and waterfront view.
>look around office.
>EVERY FUCKING PERSON IN THE COMPANY IS 55+

This is why there are no fucking jobs. All these fucking boomers who wont die or retire. We need to gas these old farts
>>
>>77676705
For tech jobs sure. For harder comp-sci jobs you actually need to know shit which most pajeets don't know or the training is cost-prohibitive for companies compared to just hiring graduates from here.
>>
>>77676747

So what do you want to do instead? This is life, we have to do things we don't want to do, so you might as well be paid a lot for doing it.
>>
>>77664091
It's always been so entertaining listening to lectures from Boomers about how our generation is lazy and listless and ENTITLED. Their parents, the Greatest Generation (a phrase coined by Tom Brokaw) survived the Depression, won the war, and built the America we know today. Their kids, the Boomers, consciously made bad choices which led to war and depression leaving the next generation with fewer options and blaming millennials for problems they had no hand in making.

CNN had a great article a while back asking, "Are millennials entitled or simply underpaid?" It was a lightning bolt of truth.
>>
>>77676774
That's fair. I'm on the health care side so i'm not too sure about the tech side of things, just base my info on what i've heard from friends and here.
>>
File: Jew_rampage.jpg (44 KB, 519x429) Image search: [Google]
Jew_rampage.jpg
44 KB, 519x429
>>77676749
This is true. Jews are extremely nepotistic. The reason Wall Street, silicon valley, Ivy leagues,etc are full of jews isn't because the jews are smart. It's because jews that get in just allow more jews and promote jews over goyim.
>>
>>77676825
>This is life, we have to do things we don't want to do

why do you think like that?
"oh well im doomed to 50 years of shit might as well just continue along with it and pay the college so i can become a slave even more"

its bizarre.... i dropped out of school at 15 years old the first day i could
>>
File: why_we_fought.jpg (2 MB, 2273x4698) Image search: [Google]
why_we_fought.jpg
2 MB, 2273x4698
>>77676849
>Greatest Generation meme
>implying the destruction of all the world industrial competitors isn't what made that generation prosper
That really is the most depressing meme ever.
What exactly did that generation win, those that weren't Jews (Israel)?
>>
>>77676891
Doesn't it go all the way back into antiquity, since they weren't Christians they were able to get away with usury, but didn't do it if they were loaning to a fellow Jew?
>>
>>77676756
>get tech job
>the boomers in their current jobs for 20 years have the work quality of a college sophmore
>look for better job
>yet in interviews i go to they get upset if i don't remember some obscure detail when i'm working a problem on paper
>oh you don't have X skill which takes 3 days to learn? "We'll let you know"
i swear when people get the smallest shred of power it goes straight to their heads
>>
>>77676960
I don't. I was smart enough to pick a profession I could live off of while working 20 hours a week, or less if I wanted. I studied hard so I could get school paid for. I played by the rules so now I can bend them. What do you do with your life? Did dropping out help? Are you happy? Thats all that really matters, that we're happy.
>>
>>77666471
>Ever getting promoted
>2016
Maybe when the boomers die, but until then good fucking luck getting promoted.
>>
File: 1462916003515.jpg (76 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
1462916003515.jpg
76 KB, 850x400
>>77677031
It goes back centuries before Christianity's prohibition on usury. The Jews were also the scourge of the ancient world. Look up the Maccabees revolt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MYPzKNQUE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg_poNVIg2E
>>
>>77677031
Pretty much. Capitalism allowed them to use all the money they had to exert power. Once a few used the money to get into positions of power they just pulled up the ladder after them and only drop it for other jews.
>>
>>77676491
>>77676513
chemistry major at a top 10 / interviewed with 25 firms, mostly skype at first / went through 3 to 5 round interviews at 5 firms / job offers at 3 / kid's persistent
>>
>>77667368
I know right? Youre supposed to work yourself out of the manual labour side by the time you're 50 anyway.
>>
>>77677112
What's funny is when a job requires all those computer skills and then the people working their need the IT guy to help them open their email every other day.
>>
>>77667368
life expectancy wasn't past 40 until recently
>>
>>77677279
Thats' good for your child, they are one of the lucky ones. A lot of my friends were chem grads and they're working barely above minimum wage jobs at soda factories. Sometimes the cream rises to the top and sometimes you get lucky.
>>
>>77664494
>free money
god you're a fucking retard
>>
>>77677123
i dont believe in capitalism or divided labor

im a failure at life although me dropping out could of worked if i wasnt a socially awkward autist

i just wanted to play video games in my room desu
>>
>>77676975
>Patton thought we could take on the USSR
Patton was a fucking meme general like Rommel
>>
>>77677279
Are you rich by any chance. Also she most likely got the job because she was at a top 10. That alone opens a lot of doors.
>>
Falling for the STEM meme wew lad

Or libcucks going for muh arts degrees, can only get a job being a fucking barrista
>>
>going to collage when there is gonna be debts
Fuck that, if your parents are not paying for that shit just learn a trade.
>>
>>77677438
Eh, I feel you man. The only reason I worked hard was so I could not work hard and still afford food later in life. Theres not much that gives life meaning anymore. Religion and nationalism are dead so we're no longer part of things bigger than ourselves so theres no reason to improve.
>>
File: 1465182651913.jpg (384 KB, 1636x1009) Image search: [Google]
1465182651913.jpg
384 KB, 1636x1009
>>77677635
>just learn a trade.

ya dude just learn a trade just do it

go grind 60 hour weeks in the hot sun digging holes every day for the rest of your life competing against millions of mexicans immigrants

you know thats what youre implying right when you say shit like this
>>
>>77665857
>he doesn't know the difference between fiat money & specie money

Get a load of this faggot.
>>
File: FpnWw4sU_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
FpnWw4sU_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>77676960
>>77677438
What's it like being a poor NEET? It can't be a rewarding experience being a worthless drain on society.
>>
>>77677791
"Learn a trade" should be officially inducted as meme.
>>
>>77677791
trades are plumbing, electrians, welding, shit like that. not fruit picking, janitorial fast food or landscaping. the latter is where the mexicans are at
>>
File: 1464136943982.jpg (2 MB, 3500x1952) Image search: [Google]
1464136943982.jpg
2 MB, 3500x1952
>>77677845
i dont see wage slaves as being a net positive to society any more than a welfare person

a lot of jobs are even predatory and fuck people over

and most jobs are service jobs which can be easily replaced by robots

face it youre not doing shit at work youre just moping around to make ur money and go home

>>77677945
have you ever been to a plumbing or electric job site?

its 30x more labor intensive than fruit picking or janitorial work
>>
File: tumblr_o5596yQbcw1rmef1zo1_500.png (143 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5596yQbcw1rmef1zo1_500.png
143 KB, 500x304
I have a well paying job at age 24, which I got through networking, essentially. I feel very lucky. I wish you guys who haven't found one yet the best of luck.
>>
>>77677843
Gold is fiat. It's finite, but it only has value because we give it value. The thing is only a select few (((individuals))) control the massive gold reserves of the world.
>>
File: 1465182842014.jpg (112 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1465182842014.jpg
112 KB, 600x750
>>77678093
>through networking

please dont use that word its really cringeworthy

just say your friend gave you a job

dont turn into a faggot with short sleeve holister/abercrombie shirts and flip flops like mark zuckerberg who talks about all his networks with his female workers and smart tab while he sips his special coffee from tanzania
>>
>>77678084
>You're not doing shit at work
Literally every single material object and service you use every day were created by working people. You are just in denial that you are a fucking unsuccessful loser. You're welcome for the obamabux that pay for your chicken tendies, faggot.
>>
>>77678338
Networking is actually a thing. Professors, fellow peers, friends of friends. I've been offered jobs through people I only know through others that aren't friends.
>>
>>77678355
It's the truth though. A lot of jobs that aren't automated really should be at this point. Is the Mcdonald's cashier really contributing to society.
>>
>>77666089
>EE
>easy
Nice meme senpai, ee is one of the hardest stem study and probs the hardest eng course
>>
>>77678355
>Literally every single material object and service you use every day were created by working people. You are just in denial that you are a fucking unsuccessful loser. You're welcome for the obamabux that pay for your chicken tendies, faggot.

see how mad you are its because youre a wagecuck and hate your life you have to protrude ur anger onto someone else

i thought about this very argument today... the reality is. technically no we wouldnt have all the services we have TODAY if not for wage cuckery. i couldnt go to mcdonalds drive thru at 3 am technically youre right

but we dont even need all this shit. it would just be a different world doesnt mean for the worse just different people filling different roles naturally. capitalism/wagecuckery isnt the epitome of systems

>>77678401
so you went up to your professor and asked if he knew of any jobs

just say you did that

dont say "networking" it sounds really gay
>>
>>77678338
But my friend didn't offer me the job senpai, I got it through a more convoluted social process than that. Networking is a good catch all term for "I didn't just cold-apply and get hired purely on my merits"
>>
>>77678628
>so you went up to your professor and asked if he knew of any jobs
No they just offered it to me out of nowhere. They were like my friend is looking for a person and you seem like you would like the job. Networking is a legitimate thing but it's usually only reserved for those who are of a certain economic level. Poor and lower middle class people don't network. Upper middle class and richer people do.

>see how mad you are its because youre a wagecuck and hate your life you have to protrude ur anger onto someone else
I always enjoy wagecucks defending their cuckery. They're literally defending their jew bulls.
>>
File: 1464158160807.jpg (157 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1464158160807.jpg
157 KB, 1632x1224
>>77678821
so youre talking about inner networks of "upper class people" so you can conspire to make money off the goyim like jews would do

its the exact same thing

why would you be thinking like that as if one person is going to benefit you later down the road so you establish a relationship for that purpose?

dude thats sick and mentally ill
>>
>>77665017
Most loser's have to go through this shit. Don't sweat it.
>>
>>77678628

>assuming we hate our lives

wew projection lad
>>
>>77678338
>please dont use that word its really cringeworthy

nigga do you even know what is a nepotism? It's not about what you know, but rather who you know
>>
File: inbred_pepe.jpg (39 KB, 666x527) Image search: [Google]
inbred_pepe.jpg
39 KB, 666x527
>I'm super talented!
>Every company in my area is full of hacks!
>B-but I can't find a job...
Why don't you create your own startup, then?
>>
>>77664345

Yes it is.
>>
>>77678628
Every time you attempt to present an argument you bring up these low wage, shit tier jobs that pay fuck all and have no room for growth. I agree with you that they should be automated, I'm tired of having to repeat myself 10 times at the register because I'm not fluent in ebonics. Some of us have CAREERS that we very much enjoy and allow us to move up given we put in the effort. I always enjoyed tearing things apart and putting them back together growing up and now I work as a maintenance technician earning 65K a year. You're just not willing to put in the effort so you're trying your hardest to paint working in a bad light. You may have convinced yourself of that but you're not convincing anyone anything other than the fact that I'm thoroughly convinced that you're an unmotivated, lazy fag who lives in his parents' basement.
>>
File: 1424950224983.jpg (49 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
1424950224983.jpg
49 KB, 345x383
>>77663918
>36% living with their parents
hahahahahhahah pathetic
>>
>>77664091
Don't forget outscourcing burgerpal.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.