[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we the only military in the entire world who requires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: 0614shave.jpg (100 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
0614shave.jpg
100 KB, 600x400
Why are we the only military in the entire world who requires their soldiers to shave? We don't even have a standard requirement when it comes to facial hair, it's simply no facial hair at all unless your special forces or something.
>>
Back in the days it was so you had a good seal on your gasmask. Now, I don't know.
>>
Good
>>
Most militaries prohibit facial hair, what are you smoking
>>
>>77589043
>Back in the days it was so you had a good seal on your gasmask. Now, I don't know.

Now it is to perform ass eating to get promotied.
>>
>>77589337
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>77588968
wat, we have to shave daily you cumlover
>>
>>77588968
As it should be.
>>
>>77589228
This.

wtf are you talking about burger?
>>
>>77588968
Discipline and control
>>
File: 1386208353976.jpg (126 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
1386208353976.jpg
126 KB, 450x373
>>77588968
>Why are we the only military in the entire world who requires their soldiers to shave
??????
>>
in the aftermath of mustard gas attacks they made it a requirement to shave to wear a gas mask. I believe the reason SF aren't held to the same standard is because they aren't required to hold ground and stay put in the same manner as regular soldiers.
>>
>>77588968
Obvious faggots and don't forget to cut your foreskin.
>>
>>77588968
to get rid of any identity that you might hold. You are just a foot soldier who follows orders like a machine nothing more.
>>
plus it is part of a daily hygiene regiment. a guy who shaves is likely also brushing their teeth. and like the other guy said- a clean shaved faced face feels better sliding between your butt cheeks
>>
Because of politics
>>
>>77588968

1. You're not.

2. A clean, shaven face is a necessity in the event of a biological attack as facial hair can impede the effectiveness of wearing a gas mask and other equipment designed to save life.
>>
important note- always brush your teeth before eating a higher ranked officers ass. Wouldn't want to give them staph or whatever filth you have been growing in your mouth all night
>>
>>77588968
Gas mask
>>
What the fuck are you on, Burgerland citizen?

In Czech army I had to shave. In the Foreign Legion I had to shave. From what I know, Poles and Germans had to shave in theirs.
>>
>>77588968
>Why are we the only military in the entire world who requires their soldiers to shave?
Americlap education.
>>
>>77589228
>>77589535
As a burger and former active duty Marine I am with these guys. I never saw any soldier from any other country that had facial hair that exceeded the standard cropped mustache. The same regulations as our own.

I have no idea what this guy is going on about.
>>
Every soldier in the finnish army has to shave.
>>
They are saving you the embarrassment of looking like hipster trash.
>>
Navy allows mustaches, and on submarines it's even more lenient.
>>
>>77588968
retard spotted
>>
If you have facial hair then a gas mask cannot have a proper seal and you will die.

It's really that simple.
>>
>>77588968
You are not, when i served my time i had to shave every morning
>>
>>77588968
>simply no facial hair at all
Are you retarded
Mustaches man
>>
>>77588968
You can have a moustache. It is because long facial hair would prevent the correct use of a gas mask.
>>
File: trolled.png (45 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
trolled.png
45 KB, 500x376
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>77588968
>Why are we the only military in the entire world who requires their soldiers to shave?
???
>>
>>77588968
active duty military personnel has to shave here. Not the reserves
>>
>>77588968
Pretty sure our military forces all non orthodox to shave.
>>
>>77589762
Nah m8, shit's done so that you can fit a gas mask on quickly and have it seal properly

They let you have a mustache so long as it's within regulation specs
>>
File: 1463609557800.jpg (105 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1463609557800.jpg
105 KB, 960x640
>American military
Pathetic.
>>
>>77590428
Orthodox jews in Israeli army may not shave? The irony of Israeli army being especially vulnerable to gas attack.
>>
>>77590550
Said Swede. Jesus Christ mate, do something about your country. Your politicians even visit my country just to whine and bitch about how we treat gypsies and how evil we are that we do not want immigrants.
>>
>>77588968
Because we are the only ones that still train for war. We have to shave so our gas masks fit correctly. We can only have mustaches.
>>
>>77590550
no wonder they keep on calling Europeans cucks. They are just reflecting their insecurities on others.
>>
>>77590550
>Sweden

What the fuck are you implying?
>>
>>77590717
>Czech Republic
Where's that?
>>
>>77590747
>They are just reflecting their insecurities on others.
Most countries are. That's why they hate on Sweden and Germany (two of the most successful countries throughout human history).
>>
>>77590550
>cucks and their bull
>>
We have to shave, unless you already have a full moustache. I believe the Royal Navy permits a beard.
>>
>>77588968
Perhaps a Roman tradition ? I know the romans and the greeks valuated short hair as a symbol of civilization in contrast with the long haired barbarians.
>>
>>77588968
We don't need muslim-looking soldiers, that's why.
>>
>>77590677
Orthodox Jews aren't even forced to go the army like the rest of us, those that do get special privleges.
>>
>>77590550
Damn, this AK5 looks sweet.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 581x581) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 581x581
Get on that shaving waiver life son.

>tfw havent shaved in a month
> nco's get assmad about it
>I show them my waiver.
>that sweet fuckin victory
>>
>>77589043
Which is why Adolf has the little rectangle instead of a full Kaiser Wilhelm
>>
>>77589620
This. Well said, Anon. At least you're not as brain dead as the other niggers just talking shit.
>>
>>77588968
Not true, you can have a mustache. You can also get a no shaving profile. It's also dictated by your co.
>>
I look like shit without facial hair so this is why I'd never sign up. Even moreso than the possibility of me getting blown up by sandniggers
>>
During basic training everyone had to shave 100%.

Secondary training, you can grow a beard, but it had to be signed off by an officer...and a real beard, no neckbeard or goatee

Source - Royal Navy, Me being 17 and not being able to grow a proper beard.
>>
>>77590550
Says the muzzie subhuman. GTFO you camel jockey.
>>
>>77590790
In the land not being ruled by SJWs and raped by Saracens, you malnourished African.

>>77590898
Gasmasks. Also hygiene because of the various parasites and dirt when not able to clean yourself.
>>
>>77588968
We do it too
>>
>>77588968
france too, at least in OPEX's
t. french proffessional surrenderer
>>
>>77588968
>no POHLICE THAT MOOSESTACHE
for shame
>>
ive seen german and danish soldiers walking with full beards here in my base, wish we had same ability to do
>>
>>77591259
>Also hygiene because of the various parasites and dirt when not able to clean yourself.
This. We had to shave even in the field primarily due to hygienic reasons as beards are a breeding ground for all kinds of nasty shit.
>>
>>77588968

>>77589337
>>77589337

We still do training for gas masks. Just did some yesterday, actually. The less hair the better. The girls I was with had long hair and it was a pain to get a good seal with that.

You're not allowed to walk and talk/text on cell phone or walk and drink/eat either. You need to wear your uniform tight, wrinkle-free and sharp.

Why? Because we don't want the world to see us as slobs. A good shave makes us look more professional. That being said, you can get a waiver if it damages your face to shave every day.
And as you already mentioned, Spec OPs can opt and are sometimes forced to not shave when operating in target area.

I think you should distinguish your question because whether or not you have the same uniform requirements for JAG and infantry is another argument.
>>
>>77591057
I'll be right there with you soon anon. Kek bless my sensitive skin.
>>
It's a ((((slide)))) thread you dumb nigger sympathizers, sage and move on
>>
>>77588968
because if a gas shell hits we want our soldiers to be able to seal their mask. Fritz and sven will be clawing at their proud aryan beards when that happens.

Its just another example of our nato allies fostering a useless military
>>
File: 1463427939850.png (838 KB, 1010x674) Image search: [Google]
1463427939850.png
838 KB, 1010x674
>>77590075
You must have never seen any special forces then.
Those guys don't give a shit because they could get away with it. Most are very very VERY smart boys who know their CO is less intelligent and less dangerous than them, and their CO is usually aware of this as well.
>>
>>77590550
that is our entire armed forces.
>>
>>77591617
>it's not about what I want to talk about so it's a slide thread
>>
>>77590747
>>77590837
>successful
yeah successful at ruining europe.
>>
>>77591057
I've noticed it's always black people that have a shaving profile. I know not all of them actually need one.
>>
>>77588968
Uniformity.

Nobody wants to see a bunch of kids with scraggly pube beards.
>>
>>77589043
Discipline
>>
>>77591666
Special Forces are an authority unto their own and can't be used as a normal standard for the rest of the military. Also I'm pretty sure the CO for any special forces unit is a currently serving member of the special forces and thus has completed the exact same training and selection as the men they command.

I mean, that is generally the case in the UK. But then again you yanks seem to call everything in the army some kind of special force, which I never understood.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.